Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Digital River/Matty's service is garbage.

Late July early August of 2011, 8 months into 2011 Sub service, my cc got lost, called in to DR to give them new number, supposedly everything was done. Sub cancelled, never tried to get back to them because not worth the drama of dealing with DR. Called in Dec of 2011 to make sure my 2012 sub was ok with new number, was told and reassured everything was ok. Sub cancelled! Received email to get me back in, I'm a fool I did it. But very bad service at Matty/Digital River
    Stratos75 Feedback Thread

I've had one bad deal on this board, contact me for details.

A story about the Starsister, Demo Man, Matty and Visa.. read and learn please.

Hey guys!

So I have been having some stress with DR Matty. A few of us had received our upsetting emails say that DR Matty has received our request to cancel our subscriptions.

Today I had a lengthy and helpful chat with my Visa Company. They think DR is a fraud concern with the split and multiple payments and this sent a red security flag up on my Visa. Here is what happened and why..

Of course I will try to be positive when typing this..

First off Toyguru.. aka Scott splitting payments and moving figures and their payments to the same month is not helpful to all customers and causes a headache. Yes I read your response about how mistakes will happen going forward.

Demo man, BG were late.. lucky us.. then as we all know they switch the Starsisters at the last moment to Janurary. They split the payment of the starsisters in 2 for some reason to make this easier on us.. but that caused the problem.. actually all of it caused the problem for my Visa company lol.

Demo man.. was charged to my visa for $50 just last week.. 2 days later.. DR Matty charges me the first payment for the starsisters.. another 2 days later they charge me again for the starsisters.. red flag goes up on Visa.. it goes up warning them of a possible fraud attempt.. as if my credit card was compromised and someone online was using it over a short time frame. Also the large amounts.. cause them concern.

The last payment on the starsisters has not gone through ..

I received the we got your request to cancel your sub notice email. My subscription is cancelled now not by me.

Visa continues to tell me that they have some concern about how DR Matty charges my card. They point out the month of August there are 3 charges on my card. One is for $20. I assume that is the one for Shadow Weaver. They have pulled all my transactions from that point forward to verify that I dont have any odd charges with all their product delays and switches. They also tell me that the red flag that went up will happen again if DR Matty does soemthing like this.. it is a fraud safety service. which makes me feel safe about using my card online.. but concerns that if Matty wants continue to split or move charges around in a month.. that this will happen again going forward.

I call Matty again. I talk to a nice guy.. actually very helpful this time around. He goes over my charges with me. He says that they will submitt a request to see if I can have my subscription back. That part frustrates me. Basically bottom line is if they say no.. I am done with subscribing. Haha I feel like a kid asking for permission to continue to give someone my money on a monthly basis.

I am told I must wait 48-72 hours to see if I am able to have my subscription back.

This really concerns me.. and my Visa is notified of this.. if DR Matty says no for whatever reason to not having my subscription back.. I ask all the customer service people if I will be refunded the money they charged me.. without giving me product. They all dodge the question and I am given no answer. Visa tells me that they have a department that will deal with Matty if this is the case.. they have to refund me back my money. I am protected in this way as a consumer. Yeah Visa!

The nice guy at DR Matty also tells me that they have received numerous calls from numerous subscribers that are upset that they received the cancellation notice. That also concerns me.. as it is a very bad way to start the New Year.

Moral of my story is .. keep a serious record of all charges by Matty.. make sure if they screw up and move figures around that they dont over charge you.. and if they dump multiple charges on your card in the same month in a short time frame.. that there might be concerns with your subscription renewal.

So now I am in limbo waiting to see if Matty will allow me to continue to give them my business lol...even though they have money from me that they have taken without giving me any product yet for.

I will let you guys know what they say.
    Last edited by Mattlor; January 25, 2012 at 09:45pm.

Just received the December subscriptions, I received 5 Evil-Lyn's and 1 Demo-Man. More trouble with counting at DR.

I called and got the typical "we'll contact you within 72 hours" line. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    Hey guys!

So I have been having some stress with DR Matty. A few of us had received our upsetting emails say that DR Matty has received our request to cancel our subscriptions.

Today I had a lengthy and helpful chat with my Visa Company. They think DR is a fraud concern with the split and multiple payments and this sent a red security flag up on my Visa. Here is what happened and why..

First off Toyguru.. aka Scott splitting payments and moving figures and their payments to the same month is not helpful to all customers and causes a headache. Yes I read your response about how mistakes will happen going forward.

Demo man, BG were late.. lucky us.. then as we all know they switch the Starsisters at the last moment to Janurary. They split the payment of the starsisters in 2 for some reason to make this easier on us.. but that caused the problem.. actually all of it caused the problem for my Visa company lol.

Demo man.. was charged to my visa for $50 just last week.. 2 days later.. DR Matty charges me the first payment for the starsisters.. another 2 days later they charge me again for the starsisters.. red flag goes up on Visa.. it goes up warning them of a possible fraud attempt.. as if my credit card was compromised and someone online was using it over a short time frame. Also the large amounts.. cause them concern.

I received the we got your request to cancel your sub notice email. My subscription is cancelled now not by me.

Visa continues to tell me that they have some concern about how DR Matty charges my card. They point out the month of August there are 3 charges on my card. One is for $20. I assume that is the one for Shadow Weaver. They have pulled all my transactions from that point forward to verify that I dont have any odd charges with all their product delays and switches. They also tell me that the red flag that went up will happen again if DR Matty does soemthing like this.. it is a fraud safety service. which makes me feel safe about using my card online.. but concerns that if Matty wants continue to split or move charges around in a month.. that this will happen again going forward.

I call Matty again. I talk to a nice guy.. actually very helpful this time around. He goes over my charges with me. He says that they will submitt a request to see if I can have my subscription back. That part frustrates me. Basically bottom line is if they say no.. I am done with subscribing. Haha I feel like a kid asking for permission to continue to give someone my money on a monthly basis.

I am told I must wait 48-72 hours to see if I am able to have my subscription back.

This really concerns me.. and my Visa is notified of this.. if DR Matty says no for whatever reason to not having my subscription back.. I ask all the customer service people if I will be refunded the money they charged me.. without giving me product. They all dodge the question and I am given no answer. Visa tells me that they have a department that will deal with Matty if this is the case.. they have to refund me back my money. I am protected in this way as a consumer. Yeah Visa!

The nice guy at DR Matty also tells me that they have received numerous calls from numerous subscribers that are upset that they received the cancellation notice. That also concerns me.. as it is a very bad way to start the New Year.

Moral of my story is .. keep a serious record of all charges by Matty.. make sure if they screw up and move figures around that they dont over charge you.. and if they dump multiple charges on your card in the same month in a short time frame.. that there might be concerns with your subscription renewal.

So now I am in limbo waiting to see if Matty will allow me to continue to give them my business lol...even though they have money from me that they have taken without giving me any product yet for.

Thats more or less the same conversation i had with my card subscriber as my card is visa as well.

Thanks for sharing Mattlor. I havent called DR cuz Ive been busy but now I dont know if I should call them. Guess should wait if something else happens or if my email gets answered...
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

I as well have sent them an email.. and still waiting for a reply. A few others here have also received emails allowing them to once again pay for the second part of the starsisters. I have not yet received that email. I hope I do soon. I am not sure if the delay in hearing back from someone is because this is a bigger mess that they are sorting out and may take time. I have also heard that some people on here have spoken with the escalation department .. I think that is whay it is called.

I think I will call Matty again.. and ask for them and see what happens. Update here to follow.
    For anyone else having concerns in this matter.. I would advise that at this point you call DR.

- Okay so adding on to my post here.. update lol.. I called DR yet again... I had a ticket number that was given to me from before.. I have been calling these people everyday this week and actually yesterday had to ask them for a ticket or reference number as none was offered to me. Anyhow I make certain also in my talks with them that I have been in contact with my Visa companay I also mention the escaltion department.. if I can be put in contact with them. I also mention that online a few members have received emails to fix this problem.. and that I have not.. and if this could be explained to me why. The guy at DR tells me that I should be getting an email shortly.. and that he has sent my message to the escalation department and that my status has gone from normal to high importance.

With anyone experiencing issues with charges and sub cancellations... I suggest the following:

Call Digital River. Do not take it for granted that your situation will be fixed

write down who you spoke to.. and the time.
    ask for a reference number or a ticket number
    if you have spoke with you Visa Company I would inform them of that
    if you have unknown, strange, or multiple charges ask for a fax number and a name of a person to fax your statements to
    ask for a time frame of how long a response will take
    if any explanations that are given to you .. that you do not agree with.. state so- they told me my visa expired.. and I said no it had not.. gave them the expire date info and said that my bank was prepared to email them a statement that my visa had not expired.. they quickly change the topic lol

if the time frame for a response back that they give you is unacceptable make that known to them as well. I was initially told 72 hours. I told them that if I was not contacted in that time frame that I would be submitting a concern with my Visa company.

Word of warning about emails.. I sent one on the 23rd.. no response.. I called on the 24th that day they said the sent the message to their office.. today I was told they only sent it on the 25th. They dont seem to have a record of my email.
    Last edited by Mattlor; January 26, 2012 at 05:51pm.

So, I have a question for someone who has done so in the past. My debit card expires next month. As done before, my bank will send me a new card automatically, but how do I go about updating this through Matty? I worry because I have the sub and have heard all the horror stories about subs being cancelled since their cards weren't updated properly. Should I do this online or call them directly to get this updated? Thanks in advance to any helpful advice.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Dude, same thing happened to me.

I got charged for my 2 Demo-Man and BG Evil-Lyn figs. No problem. I got them.
    I got charged for the 1st installment of 2 Star Sisters. No problem. I got them.
    When DR tried to charge me the leftover $80 for the Star Sisters, my BANKS FRAUD DEPT. blocked the charge. DR tried 6 times. I spoke to my bank Friday.

I spoke to DR this week. Told them what is going on.

I am waiting for my sub to be reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    Hey guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    So, I have a question for someone who has done so in the past. My debit card expires next month. As done before, my bank will send me a new card automatically, but how do I go about updating this through Matty? I worry because I have the sub and have heard all the horror stories about subs being cancelled since their cards weren't updated properly. Should I do this online or call them directly to get this updated? Thanks in advance to any helpful advice.
    I've heard people have problems with this, but I did it several months ago and it was super easy.
    Go to mattycollector.com, click on Store, then under "Store Navigation" (bottom left) click on "Help/FAQ"
    Click on "My Payment Information" and log in.
    Don't create a new card. Instead look on the right where it says "Default" and click on the link that says "edit".
    Change your card info and save.

If you are a subscriber, you should also go to your order history and find your original subscription order and make sure the payment info there has the current card listed. For me it changed automatically, but others have said it did not. So if it still lists the old card, there is an "edit" option there as well.

Once you change both of those, you should be fine.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I've heard people have problems with this, but I did it several months ago and it was super easy.
    Go to mattycollector.com, click on Store, then under "Store Navigation" (bottom left) click on "Help/FAQ"
    Click on "My Payment Information" and log in.
    Don't create a new card. Instead look on the right where it says "Default" and click on the link that says "edit".
    Change your card info and save.

If you are a subscriber, you should also go to your order history and find your original subscription order and make sure the payment info there has the current card listed. For me it changed automatically, but others have said it did not. So if it still lists the old card, there is an "edit" option there as well.

Once you change both of those, you should be fine.

That works fine until DR decides to abandon what you've saved as your default and sub card and tries using an old card instead! That's why so many of us have had subs cancelled.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

well despite email confirmation canceling a 2012 Subscription duplicate order, I was sent 2 Star Sisters.
    I am waiting to hear back from Matty- we will see where this goes

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    ~snip~
    Thank you sir. I'll give that a whirl.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Anyone else see the Matty page done a mess??

Well my subscription was cancelled, and I got the email saying it was upon my request. I called my bank to check the charges and they said that over the period of an hour they received the following:
    1) 40.00 charge (that was almost instantly retracted
    1) 42.38 charge (that was retracted)
    1) 40.00 charge (retracted)
    1) 42.00 charge
    And all from the same place and so the bank refused to honor any charges from Matty/DR because of this.

I then went to the forums on Matty and contacted the admin like they said to do. Explained the situation, the multiple attempts to charge various amounts and that this has left my highly concerned and that honestly I don't want to go through with this and I asked what would happen with Shadow Weaver and the map since I already paid for her. I wanted to know if I would get a refund, or the figure when she ships, and the answer 'call DR CS they'll reinstate your sub.'

Seriously? You completely avoid the questions I asked, my concerns and don't comment on the multiple charges but you basically throw your hands up and say 'they'll fix it.'
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Heroic Warrior
    So, from what I gather, the "re-sub" thing seems to be another pitiful failure, right ? Not that I'm surprised... TG's post, although it was meant to reassure the naive fans, was clearly indicating that nothing would be done to improve this mess right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    So, from what I gather, the "re-sub" thing seems to be another pitiful failure, right ? Not that I'm surprised...
    I thought it was a pretty good solution a bad situation when I got the "re-sub" email on Jan. 24, so I used it to sign back up. When I got a second identical "re-sub" email on Feb. 2nd, I realized that it was, indeed, another pitiful failure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good solution a bad situation when I got the "re-sub" email on Jan. 24, so I used it to sign back up. When I got a second identical "re-sub" email on Feb. 2nd, I realized that it was, indeed, another pitiful failure.
    In a strange way that makes me feel better about never getting the re-sub e-mail.

Still all quiet on the better communication front.

Heroic Warrior

Missing Order

Called DR last night and talked to Daniel and was told they have no idea where my missing order is and someone might call me in a week and still not know where it is. Sigh...so I sent the admin over on matty forums a note on this...not holding my breath and may be out 100 plus dollars.

Anyone else have unsubmitted orders for this month subscription items?
    Just checked order history and see two unsubmitted orders: one for Sorceres+Fisto+Shadow Weaver+Map and other for "april" 30th anniverary figure...
    I also received two "second installment renewal notices" for Star Sisters today (I paid the second installment for my one and only subscription Star sisters on 1/20).
    I'm trying to hold my nerve and wait to see what happen... hope they don't charge those "second installments" on my card... and the orders for my subs are properly placed...

Why em I being charged another $40 for the Star Sisters? I already have a $29.95 and $40 on it! Why another $40 - ***???

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Anyone else have unsubmitted orders for this month subscription items?
    Just checked order history and see two unsubmitted orders: one for Sorceres+Fisto+Shadow Weaver+Map and other for "april" 30th anniverary figure...
    I also received two "second installment renewal notices" for Star Sisters today (I paid the second installment for my one and only subscription Star sisters on 1/20).
    I'm trying to hold my nerve and wait to see what happen... hope they don't charge those "second installments" on my card... and the orders for my subs are properly placed...
    I've had two of those on my history since mid January, Sorceress and the April 30th Figure. Nothing about Fisto or Shadow Weaver though. Lord knows what they're doing now. I'm just going to hold my breath and hope that nothing gets screwed up.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Has anyone had an experience with EvilSkeletor on the Matty forums? I had a problem with my subscription and I PMed him to see if he could help me. That was about 24 hours ago and I haven't heard a response yet. Has he helped anyone here? Has someone asked for help and didn't receive it? How long did it take to get back to you?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    So my Demo-Man came with no Alcala Skeletor head. I emailed DR and they said I had to send it back to get a replacement. They issued a pickup request and UPS came to get it. When they got it back they issued a REFUND instead of a REPLACEMENT. I emailed them and they said the refund was a mistake and apologized, then said they were going to send a new one. They asked me for the last four digits of my card and my security code and said they were going to charge me for a new one. In the meantime, while waiting for the email response, I called and the phone rep said it WASN'T a mistake and they are SUPPOSED to issue a refund first and then send the replacement and make a new charge for it. Not sure who was right there, but hopefully they will replace the figure without further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Has anyone had an experience with EvilSkeletor on the Matty forums? I had a problem with my subscription and I PMed him to see if he could help me. That was about 24 hours ago and I haven't heard a response yet. Has he helped anyone here? Has someone asked for help and didn't receive it? How long did it take to get back to you?
    Yes, I have. I'm not going to go into it in public as I don't want to get banned from here! Suffice it to say I found him to be extremely unhelpful. I certainly won't be asking for his "help" in the future, I'd sooner deal with DR myself.

And on that note, I have found that opening a BBB case gets things resolved! Seriously, I've had to do that three times now as, being an international customer, it's the only way I can get DR to actually do anything! Worth a try if you're otherwise having problems.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post
    Yes, I have. I'm not going to go into it in public as I don't want to get banned from here! Suffice it to say I found him to be extremely unhelpful. I certainly won't be asking for his "help" in the future, I'd sooner deal with DR myself.

And on that note, I have found that opening a BBB case gets things resolved! Seriously, I've had to do that three times now as, being an international customer, it's the only way I can get DR to actually do anything! Worth a try if you're otherwise having problems.
    Do you have a link for the BBB?