Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Court Magician

Battle Cat Coupon

I am a subscriber and never received the coupon for Battle Cat. Checked spam folder and regular folder. Didn't get it. Still ordered Battle Cat because I knew he'd sell out and I sent an email to DR asking to be refunded $8. I got some form response back on how to retrieve my order history.

Well everyone here is un update, After I called DR on terrible Tuesday, they said they would send an email to a higher up to deal with it, but it did not sound positive. I continued and sent a email to the BBB as per someones suggestion on the list. Friday I received a call from Digital River saying they heard my complaint from Mattel and wanted to resolve the issue. They let me place my order for BattleCat and Today he arrived in the Mail.

I received another email from Digital River today saying they got my complaint and wanted to deal with the matter and let me order Battle Cat, to reply to them with the last four digits of my credit card and 3 digit code. I replied back there was no need I was already helped over the phone last Friday. I later today received a email from the BBB saying:

"Your complaint has generated activity that needs your attention."
    I go to the link and the site shows my complaint and Mattels response:

"Company's Response
    Company's Initial Response - Posted 02/22/2010
    Digital River will contact customer and offer to assist with placing the order.
    Initial Response Summary
    Digital River will contact customer and offer to assist with placing the order."

So now I am wondering maybe Digital River helped me on their own and my Battle Cat had nothing to do with emailing BBB, which is a good sign. Has anyone else been contacted by Digital River and helped?

Widget
    Well, they shipped my order to an old address AGAIN!!!!
    I have called, emailed and changed my address on-line with them a total of 6 times or more but somehow they keep sending my orders to wrong address.
    Oh, and get this all my order conformation emails have my current address as the shipping address... but someone can't get it right over there at DR!!!!

Not to mention, I still have had no luck with the order of BattleCat... that I paid for but they sold out!!!!!! WHAT A ****IN JOKE!!!!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Okay, here's what I've been doing for the past week or so:

-I didn't get my shipping confirmation email, nor did my card get charged. I waited two days, as it sometimes takes them a day or so to do this.

-I contacted them by email, giving them the order number and all the relevant information. They emailed me back later that night, with step-by-step instructions on how to complete the order manually. I follow the instructions. The website recognized that it was a subscription renewal, but as Trap Jaw is sold out, it will not complete the order.

-I called customer service, explained the entire situation, and the lady gave me a scripted reply that has nothing to do with the problem. I repeated my explanation, being very polite, mind you, and she placed me on hold for a few minutes. When she returned, she gave me the scripted reply once again. I explained to her that this would not solve my problem, and she then told me that I should wait another day, and I would receive my confirmation email. (Getting kinda irritated at this point.) I told her that, since things were happening exactly the way they did in December, when I never got my subscription figure, that didn't exactly make me swell with confidence. She then asked me if there was anything else she could help me with, i.e, "I don't feel like doing my job, so eff off." I told her she was 0 for 1, so I'd just cut my losses and call it a day, and hung up. Not happy!

-Surprisingly, I received another email that night, giving me a different set of instructions on completing the order manually. These do not work, either.

-I'm ****** by this time, and feel that I have been more than patient, especially since this isn't the first time they've botched my subscription. I emailed them again, rather than calling, since it was 2:00 a.m. at this point. Here is the email I sent:

"I am a Club Eternia subscriber. due to some sort of
    error, I did not receive my email notification for the figure, nor was a
    I charged. After contacting you a day or two ago, I received a response
    this morning on how to manually complete the order. These instructions
    did not work, so I called customer service. I was fed a line that had
    nothing to do with my situation. I explained my situation again, and
    still received only the same unhelpful line once again.
    I then received another email this afternoon, with a different set of
    instructions on completing the order. These seemed to work, but I was
    notified that the order cannot be completed because the figure is now
    out of stock. The whole point of subscribing is to guarantee that I get
    my figure each month. This is the second time I have missed out on the
    monthly figure due to an error with this site. This is simply
    unacceptable. I let it go the first time it happened, back in December.
    Now, I've had enough, and I expect something to be done to make this
    right. Whether it is shipping me one of the figures that are held back
    in case someone has to return a damaged figure, or some sort of
    discount, whatever, it has become such a hassle that I feel I am
    entitled to some sort of compensation. I am extremely dissatisfied at
    this point."

-I got a reply Tuesday morning, notifying me that they can't help me. I get so ****** off that I vow that I will get my figure from them, or some sort of compensation, so that I am satisfied. At this point, I'm becoming enraged just knowing that such incompetence exists, and Mattel seems content to do absolutely nothing about it. However, Tuesday was a busy day for me, so I had to put off calling until the next day.

-The next morning, what do I see in my inbox but a subscription renewal email. I check my balance, and my card has been charged. I got a shipping confirmation email a little bit ago.

So yeah, I will finally be getting my figure, but it has taken them over a week to get it shipped. Plus, I had to spend that week dealing with the poorly-trained (and apparently uninterested in doing their jobs) people at Digital River. This is unacceptable. I still plan to call them tomorrow and speak to a supervisor, and tell them the whole story. I still feel that they should have given me free shipping or some small bit of recompense for all the inconvenience. Yes, these are toys we're talking about here, and there are much bigger troubles in the world. But the fact remains that ordering from this website is a monthly exercise in misery and ineptitude, and it is ridiculous beyond all belief.

Starting to get a little ******

I have been calling for the last 2 weeks trying to get my shipping address changed since i am moving this month. I keep getting told they can not change the address and it has to be forwarded to another department. I can not talk to this other department and no one can answer me about my moss man figure if it is going to the new address or the old one.

And still no help with the trashed winston ghostbuster figure i got with my battlecat order. What the hell is up with their Customer Serive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, my monthly subscription was just charged with a massive tax of $4.49 for a single figure. But I'm an International customer, and have been since the subscription started. Digital River cannot legally charge us any taxes at all - even our own government don't charge anything at this end for a single figure!

This happened before, but was refunded and fixed... so I have no idea why it has made such a mysterious return. Will we be refunded for this mistake, and will it be fixed once and for all so that this doesn't continue to happen?

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    For some reason, my monthly subscription was just charged with a massive tax of $4.49 for a single figure. But I'm an International customer, and have been since the subscription started. Digital River cannot legally charge us any taxes at all - even our own government don't charge anything at this end for a single figure!

This happened before, but was refunded and fixed... so I have no idea why it has made such a mysterious return. Will we be refunded for this mistake, and will it be fixed once and for all so that this doesn't continue to happen?
    I noticed this illegal attempt too and I hope that they fix this problem ASAP!

Heroic Warrior

What's up with Digital River?!!

My story starts back in December. I'm a teacher and have my collection displayed in my classroom for my third graders to enjoy. One student in particular really took to the collection and asked "Santa" for some of them for X-mas. His mom had contacted me and asked if I could get them for her since she knew nothing about computers. I agreed and that's when all hell broke loose. I set her up with an account, but some how her card was placed on my account and she began getting charged for my toys. We discovered it early February. We both made phone calls to Digital River and Mattel to try to get it all sorted out. Problems were so called fixed. They walked me through Matty Collector to change my card on my account. Now today, I get an email about an hour before Moss Man went on sale (by the way, I have a subscription), stating that the authorization of my card had failed. I called Digital River on my lunch break, 10 minutes before the sale of Moss Man, and explained what happened. They took my card information and I was told that my card would be charged and I would get my character. So far no confirmation email and Moss Man is now sold out!! I called Digital River again and was told that they would put in a request for confirmation and put it on high alert! Why can't they just get it right the first time?!! This company really sucks!!!!

I just remember that this thread was supposed to be purely about customer service.

But even so, I want to point out that twice now DR have mis-labelled my packages for the purpose of customs - costing me an absolute fortune in fees that were not actually due. This was brought to the fore today when I received a notice that I owed about $26 taxes for a single $30 Battle Cat.

After receiving the item, I can confirm that some idiot in the shipping department labelled it with a value of $80 instead of $30. This is costing us serious money here, folks!!!
    Last edited by SirBushnell; March 18, 2010 at 12:36pm. Reason: More details from having picked up package.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Shipping address change
    Same as about everyone else

I moved. I changed my address on Mattycollector.
    Shipping invoice showed old address.
    Called the customer service number, was told a request will be put in.
    Didnt trust that so called UPS.
    UPS stated that the shipper can request a change even when the package is en route and that I should call them and request that.
    Called the Customer service for Matty again, was told that they could not change the address once shipped.
    I explained that UPS themselves told me all they had to do was have someone contact UPS like I did and just request the change along with the tracking number, which we have.
    The Customer Service replied that they could not but that I could make such a request if I like.
    I explained that UPS told me that it has to be the Shipper.
    They started in with the cancel subscription and reorder it option.
    I reminded them that evidentally they can easily make a change with UPS but that a physical person must make the request, and soon, but that they are evidentally unwilling to try and this displeases me.
    They stated that if the delivery is failed, they will refund the monetary amount.
    I mentioned that that is unacceptible, there is a fix and I know it, I want the product I paid for and to have confirmation that my subscription address is updated and changed.
    They mentioned that a request for that is pending.
    I realized they are showing no knowledge or consistancy, and probably have no idea what they are talking about, most likely reading from a script.
    I gave up.

I'm calling ups back and going to try to pretend I am the shipper.
    I may lurk at my old address on the day of delivery....sigh.
    I am going to call my local UPS warehouse and see if I can just intercept the order, or have it rerouted from now on.

Heroic Warrior

Still a pain in the ***!

After supposedly getting the credit card situation fixed, I get another email saying my card was rejected again!!!! I called Digital River and asked immediately for a supervisor. He checked my account and found no request made as high alert as I was told would be done the last time I called them. I explained my situation again to the supervisor. He told me to once again go to Mattycollector and add my credit card and my subscription Mossman would be run through in the next 24-72 hours. Today I receive a confirmation, so I'm thinking finally!! Then I opened the email to find that they charged me for another Club Eternia subscription for $48.70. They charged me for the January 2010 character, which "hello idiots" we are now in March and they charged me the $20 subscription fee that I already paid last year!!!!!!!!!!!! I called Digital River again and explained what had happened and they said that the supervisor accidently resent me the subscription confirmation from the original purchase. She guaranteed that I would get Mossman and it would be charged to my account within the next 24-72 hours. Let's see if it happens this time! This company absolutely sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I had to change my CC info today....gawd I hope there are no problems.....

I've called DR 3 times this week about exchanging my defective Moss-Man (2 right feet) for another & all I get is the runaround.

1st call (Tuesday) they give me a ticket number & tell me my request has been sent to shipping for a replacement & I should get an e-mail within 24-48 hours. I get nothing.

2nd call (Thursday) they give me a NEW ticket number (& that my old one is still left open) & tell me my request has been sent to shipping for a replacement & I should get an e-mail within 24-48 hours. I get nothing.

3rd call (Friday) they put my 1st ticket number on "High Escalation" & tell me my request has been sent to shipping for a replacement & I should get an e-mail that day. I get nothing.

What is their problem? Can anyone help me? How hard is it for them to send me the info for a replacement as the 1st Moss-Man they sent me was messed up. Any help on this would be appreciated.

We have been told time & time again that DR will do replacements for defective figures & yet I see no evidence of them trying to help me.
    I am a subscriber!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Matty charged my card for 2 of the 'Moss Man' figures in March, but I never received them. I checked the tracking number with UPS and they were sent to the wrong address. They were sent to Canada instead of Australia... UPS has confirmed with me that these figures were returned to Matty HQ.

Rather than fixing this by sending me the figures once they were returned, I have instead been given a refund... This is not what a subscription is all about. I locked into this subscription because I want these items... I do not want my money back, I want what I paid for! Furthermore, they charged me 90USD for the purchase, but only refunded me 40USD anyway. So where did the other 50USD go???? I don't want a refund, but if that's what has to happen, at least refund the full amount!

To top it all off, I received an email from Matty stating that my subscription has been CANCELLED!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON???!!! They charged my card, didn't send me anything, put less than half of the money back into my account and cancelled my subscription!!! All with no explaination!

The Customer Support Emails are going NOWHERE! Has this happened to anyone else? Anybody have some suggestions?

I suggest posting this on the Matty forums along with your order number. Supposedly things are getting resolved this way.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I called digital river and am supposedly am getting a followup order cause theyve sent my order to the wrong address. However this time it was unretrieveable and naturally it was wun-dar and evil-lyn. They can change the billing address but not the shipping address.

Order Number: 8990977700

Update to my problem.

Order number 9024525100

They cancelled my old subscription so they could update my address, but the subscription just renewed itself and now im having an optikk sent to my current address and an address i cant get it at anymore. this is the 2nd month in a row and its getting beyond ridiculous at this point. I dont mind having 2 subscriptions now but can i at least get them both sent to me correct address? Im going to be on the phone with them and unfortantely its gotta be a sale day.
    Last edited by demonicfirefly; May 17, 2010 at 04:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Digital River customer service...

Luckily I had my order in for both of the May figures, however many of my friends missed out because they were having trouble with the website. Incredibly, when they called customer service, and the representative tried to put the order through, the same problems persisted. Why you ask? Because The rep was simply going through the Matty-Collector.com website as we all do! They have no internal mechanism for fixing issues beyond what we all have on the company website. How ludicrous is that?
    A friend of mine was trying to have her order put in over the phone becuase of website issues. They were on the phone at 11:59 and the guy kept asking for her password. WTH??? "Why" she asked. "So I can login and complete the order."
    This is the level of help you're dealing with. Because if this arrangement, if the figure sells out while youre on the phone dealing with the Representative, NO DICE! How can the world's largest toy company have Such shortcommings when selling, what seems to me is, their most sought after brand?

DR Customer Service rep named "Mary" gave me a detailed description of what happened to me today when the Matty's site glitch prevented my order from going thru. She did all this without even asking my name or looking up my profile. It was just a canned answer used to get people off the phone. Thanks again!

dude i was in order in process limbo for 10 mintues.

What a bummer.

Heroic Warrior

Wow, You Think?

So after the "Payment Authorization Failed" fun yesterday, I e-mailed Matty/DR regarding my unsubmitted order (which is complete poppycock in my opinion that you get an order number when you go through the process but that STILL doesn't hold the figures for you), and received a reply this morning.

"We do apologize for the inconvenience. We show that the product you
    would like to order is currently out of stock. Although we do not have
    an estimated arrival date, we are working to obtain more stock as soon
    as possible."

No duh! That's why I e-mail you people in the first place! I know they were friggin' out of stock when I e-mailed you in the first place!

Wondering if I should get a re-release Mer-Man to keep my loose Webstor happy, but I'm not sure if my card would go through or not again.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Just curious, but what was the nature of your initial e-mail? If you knew it was out of stock already, what alternative response were you execting.

Additionally, Mer-Man is showing as in stock. The issue you faced yesterday was absolutely 100% due to a lack of inventory and not a problem with your card. Mer-Man is a great figure and I encourage you to purchase him!

I would try and order Mer-Man. He is a great figure. If you are in it for collecting the figures, this is the best time to get him. If you got caught up in the hype though, Mer-Man is a good example to show you the "later on down the road" idea of being able to find the figures currently hard to get.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I basically told them that I was ordering before he was noted as selling out, but that the error kept returning when I tried to process my order. Since it was such a vague error and I knew my card was valid, I didn't think that it might have meant Tytus was already sold out.

This was before I spoke to DR on the phone and was told the error was in fact an error, and it should have stated he was sold out. Of course, in the process of trying to find another card to use, Optikk ALSO sold out.

I got an original run of Mer-Man, but I do kinda like the way he looks. Maybe I'll get Webstor a pal. lol
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I ordered keldor and faker today and after the WSOD business i got to the billing confirmation screen and put in my security code. then i hit the submit order button and got the WSOD again.. all good I've waited this long i can wait a bit more .
    but then i get the pop-up that says that there was an error loading the page and that i needed to reload...***? will i get double billed? Nope it comes back that my cart is empty!
    so i look up my order history on findmyorder.com and seen it was unsubmitted!?! since you cant order from there i go back to mattycollector to submit my orderbut it was nolonger there??? the one from march was still there though!
    so i call digital river for some help and all he can tell me is that he knows about the issue and that now keldor is sold out on the site and he could do nothing for me other that submit an order for faker!
    is this right? should i be the one who has to pay for digital rivers mistake?
    can anyone help me out with this?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by krestfallen View Post
    I ordered keldor and faker today and after the WSOD business i got to the billing confirmation screen and put in my security code. then i hit the submit order button and got the WSOD again.. all good I've waited this long i can wait a bit more .
    but then i get the pop-up that says that there was an error loading the page and that i needed to reload...***? will i get double billed? Nope it comes back that my cart is empty!
    so i look up my order history on findmyorder.com and seen it was unsubmitted!?! since you cant order from there i go back to mattycollector to submit my orderbut it was nolonger there??? the one from march was still there though!
    so i call digital river for some help and all he can tell me is that he knows about the issue and that now keldor is sold out on the site and he could do nothing for me other that submit an order for faker!
    is this right? should i be the one who has to pay for digital rivers mistake?
    can anyone help me out with this?
    I had the same issue as you but ordered she-ra and Keldor.. Who can we write too make mattle corporate office.. I'm really annoyed about this and am gonna start writing complains somewhere..