Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Talked to "Shauna" at DR customer service. Had to bit my tongue when she said, "...the website has not had any problems or errors." That's when I asked to speak to her supervisor... LOL
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Only once I've had to contact to Digital River's customer service and it ended up well.

I did not receive my April subscription figures, so I contacted Digital River via customer service form on Mattycollector. I asked if they could find out, what happened to my shipment. I never expected to get any answer as I always use cheap international shipping and that option is usually taken to be "use it with our own risk" option. But I was positively surprised to find out that they resent my April subscription package, which I finally received today.

If I had ever said anything very bad about Digital River, I would take it back. I have to say, that I'm very pleased with Digital River right now.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

My Teela arrived with a bald spot on her head with gold paint all around it. Fancy.

Has anyone had any luck with Digital River correcting such poor ships?
    Jay

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Do yourself a huge favor, if you ever have to change your credit card info do it by calling customer service and have them verify that everything went through ok. I did it online and it was a nightmare. Of course I changed my credit card info right before getting Wun-dar and my map so when I saw Order Unsubmitted in my order history I freaked out!! I called Digital River so many times I think that I would have had more help talking to my pet rock. The worst part is that every time I called I had to give them my credit card information. I finally said that's that! Let me talk to a manager! After explaining to the manager my problem, again, she said to give it a day and check my Order History. Finally my stuff was on it's way.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't change my address for my subscription. Tried on the site, emailed, as well called and I have had no luck, and it is annoying as I am worried about next months shipment.

When I changed my sub address I called. They cancelled my old sub and set a new one up. Of course they screwed up the shipping from the fast UPS to the slow mail but I'm good with $9 and waiting for a few weeks as opposed to +$15

Widget

So Digital River finally closed the backdoor?

ordering page
    just noticed

Heroic Warrior
    It didn't work for me last month. First month I've missed out. I'm not risking it this month!

Has anyone had this type of experience with Matty.com?

I did finally get 2 orkos and 1 plastic man today. It was a frustrating experience. But I have a whole new reason to be weary of Digital River now. I was on the site an hour before the sale and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems with my payment method. I have a few different payment methods on file and I wanted to make sure that I had the correct one listed as default. However, under one of my credit cards, it had listed someone else's name, address, and phone number. I've never heard of this person and I certainly would never have entered this information myself.

Of course I immediately called customer service to find out what was going on. After going round and round with the rep (she kept insisting that if that information was put in there then that would mean someone logged in with my username and password and updated the information. I've never given my username and password to anyone else. Ever. And furthermore, why would this individual take the time to login to my account and update it with his information.) I finally got a supervisor and explained the situation.

I explained that I don't feel comfortable doing business with the site because it seems that my personal information is being mismanaged. Is there another customer out there that has my information? They issued a trouble ticket and passed the issue up the ladder. Ugh.

Granted, I can't view someone else's credit card number but I have his name, address, and phone number. I for one am not comfortable with this at all. I'm going to call the number of the individual and let them know about it.

A rep from Digital River is supposed to call me back with a resolution and hopefully an explanation as to how this could have happened.

Just thought I should let all my fellow orgers know about this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfire View Post
    I did finally get 2 orkos and 1 plastic man today. It was a frustrating experience. But I have a whole new reason to be weary of Digital River now. I was on the site an hour before the sale and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems with my payment method. I have a few different payment methods on file and I wanted to make sure that I had the correct one listed as default. However, under one of my credit cards, it had listed someone else's name, address, and phone number. I've never heard of this person and I certainly would never have entered this information myself.

Of course I immediately called customer service to find out what was going on. After going round and round with the rep (she kept insisting that if that information was put in there then that would mean someone logged in with my username and password and updated the information. I've never given my username and password to anyone else. Ever. And furthermore, why would this individual take the time to login to my account and update it with his information.) I finally got a supervisor and explained the situation.

I explained that I don't feel comfortable doing business with the site because it seems that my personal information is being mismanaged. Is there another customer out there that has my information? They issued a trouble ticket and passed the issue up the ladder. Ugh.

Granted, I can't view someone else's credit card number but I have his name, address, and phone number. I for one am not comfortable with this at all. I'm going to call the number of the individual and let them know about it.

A rep from Digital River is supposed to call me back with a resolution and hopefully an explanation as to how this could have happened.

Take screenshots when this stuff happens. That's the only way I seem to get things through to the reps there.

I can still take a screen shot but the rep actually logged into my account while we were on the phone with each other and confirmed the other persons information is there.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELET0R View Post
    ordering page
    just noticed
    worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by twinfire View Post

Something similar to this happened to me a while back - someone else's order is displayed inside my order history. All of his contact info and everything - I told them about it, but they just shrugged it off.

BTW - you'll never get a return call regarding the "Escalation Ticket" they submitted for review. They NEVER return calls on those....ever.

"Payment Authorization Failed" Error

After searching the net, and reading here I am seeing a lot of errors that happened on the 2nd with ordering. Only a few claim to have gotten the "payment authorization failed" error I got.

Despite trying 4 confirmed working cards, 3 accounts, and 2 different computers, this error persisted. I had to phone and order it in like that, I was lucky, I got one (Orko and MoLarr).

I want to know how many others got this error, how you solved it, and for the most part I want this thread to act as linkable evidence that I can supply matty with so it gets fixed. The 16th will be here before we know it, and I dont want to have to deal with this again. I want them to fix it, and 1 guy on the phone saying "Your site has a bug" isnt enough to elicit any sort of serious response.

I have a feeling it's international only, like Merman shopping cart loop was. So if you had the error, just post, say where you're from and how you solved it, if you did.

I'll start: London Ontario - Phoned in and ordered/yelled at Mexican lady.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I had this issue last month with She-Ra and Keldor.

I used the same card I always use, even for my subscription and I know that there were more then enough funds to cover the cost, but I couldn't place an order because of that error. I called CS that day and they were able to place my order for the ghostbusters figure and the faker re-issue, but because Keldor and She-ra had sold out by the time I got through to CS, they refused to let me purchase them.

I went in rounds with CS (on the phone and through email) for about 2 weeks, trying to explain that I would not have missed out on Keldor and She-ra if I hadn't got the "Payment authorization failure" error, but they kept insisting that my card must have lacked the funds for the purchase, even though I pointed out that CS had no problem running that card over the phone.

After I recieved another e-mail from CS, which again stated that my card lacked the necessary funds, I sent them a response with a minute-by minute breakdown of my experience that day, starting with logging into my account 15 minutes before the sale time started, adding all the items to my cart, getting the authorization error, trying again, and again, and again, all the way through the point where CS completed my partial order over the phone (partial because they wouldn't let me buy she-ra and keldor since they had sold out by that time).

I will admit that the final email I sent with the minute-by-minute breakdown was really snotty and rude, but in the end I suddenly got a call from CS who thanked me for clarifying the issue, then proceeded to sell me the figures I had missed out on (she even pulled up my incomplete order).

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    After searching the net, and reading here I am seeing a lot of errors that happened on the 2nd with ordering. Only a few claim to have gotten the "payment authorization failed" error I got.

Despite trying 4 confirmed working cards, 3 accounts, and 2 different computers, this error persisted. I had to phone and order it in like that, I was lucky, I got one (Orko and MoLarr).

I want to know how many others got this error, how you solved it, and for the most part I want this thread to act as linkable evidence that I can supply matty with so it gets fixed. The 16th will be here before we know it, and I dont want to have to deal with this again. I want them to fix it, and 1 guy on the phone saying "Your site has a bug" isnt enough to elicit any sort of serious response.

I have a feeling it's international only, like Merman shopping cart loop was. So if you had the error, just post, say where you're from and how you solved it, if you did.

I'll start: London Ontario - Phoned in and ordered/yelled at Mexican lady.
    When this happens you need to call your credit card company to authorize the payment. Some credit companies have had problems with Digital River in the past and consider them a high risk merchant.

i was charged 5 times and no orko, out $168.50!

i just got off the phone with my bank and matty. i've was told by both to talk to the other. i've never been so ****** in my life. i tried to make a complaint but was on hold for the supervisor for 40 minutes and then i lost service. was anyone else charged and getting the run around. what can i do?!?!?
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

when i can't get anywhere with DR i posted over on the matty forums and one of the matty people sorted it out for me.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    You are saying that you got charged 5 times. Did 5 different orders go through? Did you get any order confirmations?

Also, when placing the order the other day, did you have more than 1 window open in which you were attempting to place an order? Did you have any 'incomplete' orders that never fully went through or anything like that?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

yes, i was charged 5 times totaling $168.50 but i had no order go through. i used one window. every time i hit submit order, it would process and then come back with an error. so i would start over. the only time it "went through" it came back that he was sold out. so in my history i have an "Order Unsubmitted".
    FEEDBACK

If Matty can't provide you with an Order Number and a Tracking Number and theres NO history of anything, but a charge I wouldn't worry about it. You'll have to go through the motions and all the BS, but I can't possibly see how you would end up without the money when it's all said and done.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; August 5, 2010 at 11:27am.

Damn! I would demand the whole trollan character set at that price. Good luck!

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I had something kind of similar happen back in June when Keldor came out. I did have an order go through (and it was a large order being I was ordering Keldors for several people), but in my attempts to get that order to go through, I ended up making a few other 'unsubmitted' orders.

My credit card company called me up to check on the legitimacy of the charges, because they were concerned about fraudulent activity.

Ultimately it turned out that they weren't really charging me that money. Somehow these 'unsubmitted' orders still did the thing where it checks for and temporarily holds the funds on the card for the order (even though, being unsubmitted, the order would never fully go through). A few days later the hold was just automatically dropped and the funds were available again.

I have a feeling that might be what is happening to you here. So, in reality you won't end up getting charged that money when all is said and done. It still sucks in the mean time, but you won't be paying that money ultimately in the long run.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Orkos' could still be on their way to you. It's only been 3 days. Did you choose the cheapest method of shipping?

Unfortunately, you have to be very careful when clicking on the submit button. Even with an error, you can get charged...and charged for every time that you start over.

but it's not a credit card, it's my bank/debit card that i use as a credit so it's there, but it's gone at the same time. it put me in a negitive balance.
    FEEDBACK