Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1601

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

I had logged in for early access this month, there were no "EA" figures there, like for example, Larfleeze. So I thought, oh, they must've sold out. On the day or the sale, low and behold, there's Larfleeze... I thought he'd be in early access and he wasn't for me. Anyone experience this? I'm in Canada as well, as you know the whole debacle that happened last time for us. I'm not overly concerned with Larfleeze, i'm just concerned that this might happen again in the future, when there are figures I actually want on the line.
    For the Best in Toy Reviews!!
    http://www.askkevanything.com

Well, March is coming up soon, so I gotta ask again:

Is the lack of a CV number entry when you change debit cards going to be a problem? I had to change my debit card last week but there was no way, that I could see, to change the 3-digit CV number on the back of the card. Is this something that I need to call CS for or is there a way to do it online or will it all be ok?

I hope someone that's successfully changed their debit cards, and still have their sub renewals go through, can chime in here...Any info would be appreciated!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Heroic Warrior
    I had a suspicious charge on my CC and my bank is sending me a new one with a new number. I subbed quarterly and have to call and give them the number. Has anyone had difficulty trying to get a new cedit card put on their sub?

Always something new with Matty, after 2 months of trying to get a missing figure - I just spoke with them and they do not want to send out a replacement, because there has been trouble with international post items not arriving, and they don't think I would get it, so they are more than happy to give me a refund, but they have the figure still in stock and do not want to send it out international post!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior

I am bummed out, thanks to Mattels customer service!

I am not a hater but wanted to share my experience with the community!

My friend owns a Toy Store that was carrying MOTUC figures, and has been since the line has started. I would say that he had at least 12 subscriptions (guessing) could be more or less and they have dropped the line because of the issues that seem to have with Mattel's customer service. My friend carries every toy line that you can imagine and he said that he has never had the problems and issues that he has with Mattel. He says it's the worst of every company that he deals with. I have not had to bother with subs myself due to the fact that I could get most of what I needed through his store. The service has been getting progressively worse as this line has gone on and I really hope that they don't shoot themselves in the foot so that the fans can complete their collections. I don't know what this means for me and continuing collecting this line, I would like to commit to a sub but living in Canada I am not sure if the additional costs/customs will make it worth it. I only represent one persons story but hope that Mattel does something to keep their existing customers / collectors / sub-holders happy, it would be a bloody shame to get this far along and have the line cancelled because of lack of customer service. How is it that smaller toy manufactures can bend over backwards to keep their customers happy?

Sorry about your friend's experience. There are threads dedicated to these sorts of things though. Try the Index Thread; it's pretty helpful!

For my part, I've had all positive experiences, so mileage varies. Enjoy your weekend!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    thanks for the heads up, you enjoy your weekend as well

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    As a fellow Canadian I would say that subbing is worth it if you can be patient. I live in the GTA and my shipments go from California to Sweden then back across the Atlantic to southern Ontario. This is DR's method of handling any shipments not destined to the USA, regardless of the fact I live @100km from the US border at Niagara Falls. Customs & brokerage fees on using DHL/FedEx, etc. would be pretty harsh which is why I'd rather wait than get further charged for an already expensive hobby.

However in terms of the "customer service" Mattel offers its international clients I am in full understanding with your friend, it is pathetic.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Honestly Matty FINALLY came thru for me. After a very bad car accident all of my credit cards were essentially destroyed and had to be replaced. Long story short the ONE card that is giving me the most complications is the one I used for my sub. I called Matty and switched cards after 2 failed charges but GUESS WHAT? Matty still charged the same card (original) so my sub was canceled. I called asap and explained it was on them and they actually came thru. I just got my shipping notice for Modulok and Glimmer and the invoice even says says: SOLD OUT CS stock (sub price). Just wanted to pass along a little good news concerning the 'River for once.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Following up on my Debit Card change/CV Number concern...

I called CS today and they confirmed that my Debit Card change shows up just fine. I asked about the CV Number not being updated and they reassured me that it will be ok, especially with my Club Etheria subs being purchased on the same card. (Where the new CV Number is included in that order)

So, it looks like I just have to have faith that Matty won't screw up my March renewals next week. I'll keep a close eye on my card activity on the 10th to make sure I get charged...If not, I'll call CS again ASAP.

If everything runs smoothly, though, then changing your credit/debit card online is pretty easy! Wish me luck, guys!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    FULL REFUND of $571.75!!!
    Good! Its about time someone got what they deserved! Fans have to realize, that Mattel doesn't have any power over them. The paying customers have the power.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; March 6, 2014 at 03:57pm.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

This is the first problem I've had with DR. When I click on my subscription it only shows last months order. I have called them twice but they tell me to keep checking my email.

I am still waiting on my Modulok replacement to arrive. It was supposedly shipped the 4th of this month but it is not here. I am waiting to hear back from Matty's response team. According to the post office Newgistics never once physically scanned the parcel, yet they say it is at my local post office, which it is not. Amazing that they are still in business. Mattel needs to investigate other avenues.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Just got shipping notification on Masterpiece Soundblaster from BBTS...shipping is $9.95.

Amazing how other companies can ship larger, heavier toys for less money, isn't it?

Just one more reason I will be financially happy when this line ends...I pray that I NEVER am forced to do business with Digital River ever again.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    My Quarterly subscription figures arrived!

I did get charged for shipping two seperate shipments since the card blocked due the to multiple charges at once. I was thinking they should only charge me once because they told me they would cancel all charges and run it as one,

BUT i did the math & its only like $4.00 or $5.00 more, is it even worth the headache of calling them?

2nd thing, my poster came and its torn badly, will they do anything about that if i call?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man Pab View Post
    My Quarterly subscription figures arrived!

I did get charged for shipping two seperate shipments since the card blocked due the to multiple charges at once. I was thinking they should only charge me once because they told me they would cancel all charges and run it as one,

BUT i did the math & its only like $4.00 or $5.00 more, is it even worth the headache of calling them?

2nd thing, my poster came and its torn badly, will they do anything about that if i call?
    It doesn't hurt to give them a call. The best case scenario is they refund your shipping and send you a new poster. I'd give it a shot.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    It doesn't hurt to give them a call. The best case scenario is they refund your shipping and send you a new poster. I'd give it a shot.
    Thanks, i think ill try tonight after work. You are right whats the worst that can happen

Hey all,

I may be playing with fire here as I haven't experienced issues with DR yet but here goes:

Is there anyway to bundle shipping costs with subscription figures and any figures bought in EA?

Example: I bought Fang Man in the last EA and I wanted to somehow pack it along with Hydron to save on shipping costs. Is there anyway to do this?

And if there isn't..............there should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinius View Post
    Hey all,

I may be playing with fire here as I haven't experienced issues with DR yet but here goes:

Is there anyway to bundle shipping costs with subscription figures and any figures bought in EA?

Example: I bought Fang Man in the last EA and I wanted to somehow pack it along with Hydron to save on shipping costs. Is there anyway to do this?

And if there isn't..............there should be.
    They don't offer that option.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    They don't offer that option.
    That's a whole lot of (specific profanity term here). I've always been a loyal BBTS.com customer because of their pile of loot option. And considering how MattyCollector.com's shipping cost is absurd, they should at least meet consumers and loyal sub holders half way

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    I have a quarterly subscription and had my subscription cancelled due to DR's multiple authorization attempts. So after weeks of tangling over my cancelled subscription, I was finally able to get it reinstated on March 22nd. I have already received my figures and have been charged and the charges have posted to my account.

I was charged the full amount (about $150 for the figures since January and about $28 for the UNO, separate charges ) and requested a refund for my original subscription fee from my cancelled subscription ($28 for the UNO). Furthermore, I have an authorization pending on my Card from DR for about $150 which is eating at my available balance; mind you, I have already received my figures and my payment has posted. That is to say, I was "charged" $150 twice, one has posted and one is pending for some reason but I only have 1 sub.

I contacted DR and was told I would receive a refund for my original subscription fee within 2 business days ($28 for the UNO), it's been past that, and that the other $150 authorization would fall off when "the full charge processes and funds are withdrawn" --- funds were withdrawn on March 25.

I don't have access to that money until the pre authorization is removed. Also, I have reason to believe that my card would have denied the charges if I didn't have enough of a balance for 2 full authorizations ($300), this is not an issue, which would probably have resulted in another subscription cancellation. Fortunately, it's not a Debit Card.

I'm so tired of this company!
    Last edited by Beastmangler; April 2, 2014 at 04:02am.

Heroic Warrior
    My credit card expires this month. I have updated the new card's expiration date through the subs page. But I have heard they may sometimes try to charge the old card. Do I have to call it in or wait and see what happens.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    My credit card expires this month. I have updated the new card's expiration date through the subs page. But I have heard they may sometimes try to charge the old card. Do I have to call it in or wait and see what happens.
    I have experienced both scenarios. I had to change my CC 2x in the last year, once due to expiration and the other due to the Target fiasco. When my card expired, I changed it on-line and then called after a few days to ensure everything was all set which Matty confirmed. The next time, I just changed it without a confirmation call and everything went fine. Either way, if you are unsure, a quick call couldn't hurt.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

I really don't like DR

I just got a callback from Matty VIP saying that the defective Glimmer (No paint on belt) that was returned and I was given a credit is actually no longer available, despite two previous agents saying there is still CS stock available and they have no idea why my returned one was credited back, but a new order cannot be placed. So my 2014 sub did not include Glimmer, and I told them to cancel the rest of my sub...and she did !?!?!?!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I have experienced both scenarios. I had to change my CC 2x in the last year, once due to expiration and the other due to the Target fiasco. When my card expired, I changed it on-line and then called after a few days to ensure everything was all set which Matty confirmed. The next time, I just changed it without a confirmation call and everything went fine. Either way, if you are unsure, a quick call couldn't hurt.
    That's still no guarantee with this laughable excuse for a professional organization.

I did the exact same thing last year, even followed up the online change with a confirmation phone call.
    When it came time to charge me for Castle Grayskull, wouldn't you know it? They charged the old card.
    After calling and getting straightened out, they did charge the new card. However, I was charged at the increased "day of sale" rate. Additionally, I didn't get the poster either… And was told there was "nothing we can do about it".

Honest to God, I can't wait for this line to end so that I will have my figures, and never have to deal with Digital River again.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz