Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

A week ago I received my Orko, which had an faulty accessory (Prince Adam's eyes are not painted as they should be). After a week of preparing myself for the ultimate battle, I braced myself and made a phone call to DR.

The lady was nice and gave me another number to call to (01628500303). I tried to dial the number, but it says the number is incorrect. After the call I sent a message to the customer service from mattycollector.com. I'll let you all know what they respond.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'm sad to hear this Emiliano, I am still waiting for my box with three Adams to arrive. If it's not here by the 2nd of September I am gonna start the process myself.
    I'm pretty much on the same boat with having many friends already received their Orkos but I still did not get them nor Mo-Larr. Last week I got my sub Whiplash and an extra Trap Jaw, which I ordered 14 days later.
    After hearing that a box with 6 Orkos originally intended to be ship to Argentina (which luckily is not mine) was delivered in Portugal, I'm freaked out that my boxes will be lost God knows where.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    An other problem with DR...

I haven't received my count Marzo figure because DR didn't send it.

After I sent them an email, they checked and noticed an error occured with the warhouse.

So they answered to me they will sent it to me and that I will receive a shipping confirmation email.

After a week I sent an other email to warn them I haven't received any email yet. They answer there is no problem and that I will receive it.

It's now more than 2 weeks that I'm waiting this email ...

My Count Marzo figure is part of my subscription but I still don't have it and I fear to never have it one day unless I strat a war with DR!
    For my part I'm still waiting for my Count Marzo figure...
    I wrote to DR again and they said they're trying to find a solution...

It's now 6 weeks I'm waiting for the figures to be shipped... and it takes 3 weeks to arrive to France...

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    New unpleaseant experience for me too.
    I've had a similar thing happen too.

Got a box with a single $20 Plastic man in it valued at $110. Sooo.. customs slap a £21 charge on it. For a figure at the exchange rate of about £13.
    Almost double the ammount in taxes as I paid for the figure itself.
    I refused it. Wasn't worth paying it.
    So I informed Matty about wht happened, told them the figure is being returned and that i'd appreciate a refund on it when they receive it since THEY made an error declaring value on the item.
    Got the stock 'sorry, but overseas people get taxed' reply.
    I just found that outright offensive.
    THEY made the error. They need to take responsibility for it.
    I don't think they even READ the email. If they did, they obviously didnt have enough grasp of the english language to understand what I was talking about.
    I'm not sure if its even legal to declare an item at over 5X the value of whats actually in the box.
    Doesn't look like I'll get my money back. But I was damned if I was going to pay an extra £21 to get a £13 item. Idiotic.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I hear you Havoc.
    However, after getting the form response, I replied sayign exactly what you said above (almost every single word) and that I was really disappointed in their service.
    So I got another response saying they were looking into the problem and yesterday they issued a refund for the extra taxes.
    So, I think the trick is insisting and let them know they need to read the emails.
    At the end, it seems they take care of the problem so, props to them.
    Of course, it would be much easier for them if they just dind't do the mistake to begin with

yeah, same happened to me. i got a standard cut and paste reply that customs is not their problem. posted on the matty forums and within a couple of days i got a refund.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    So, I think the trick is insisting and let them know they need to read the emails.
    I think that goes without saying
    It seems like they didnt read my email AT ALL. Just saw the word tax and fired off a stock reply to people who wonder why they had a customs fee.
    Im aware why we get customs fees. Its just not acceptable to get one when they made a whopper of an error and declare a stupid ammount of money on a box with a $20 item in it.
    I guess Ill see if they do anything. I noticed somehow the reply I got has my May order attached to it at the bottom even though I made very sure to select the correct order number, so I expect that will probably confuse them far too much..

Perhaps Mr Neitleich should be made aware the staff at Digital River dont bother reading customers emails properly before replying. Their website has a bad enough reputation as it is without that sort of thing STILL occuring after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    yeah, same happened to me. i got a standard cut and paste reply that customs is not their problem. posted on the matty forums and within a couple of days i got a refund.
    I'm not sure if Im even registered on the matty forums. I didnt really ever want to join that forum unless I had an issue like this one.
    I may try that if I continue to get nowhere over email.
    Last edited by Havoc; September 2, 2010 at 07:41am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I sent a new email and I insisted also, saying I was unhappy etc..

2 days after, I received the email confirming the shipment of my count Marzo figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    [short summary: received Orko, Prince Adam's eyes were all messed up, made a phone call, got bad advice and send an online message from mattycollector.com website]

I'll let you all know what they respond.

Heidi
    Whoa.

I got a response that the message sent is being forwarded to another person and then I received an order confirmation and a shipping confirmation. So a new Orko is on it's way to Finland.

Wow!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I just got off the phone with Matty/Digital River about my attempted Orko/Adam purchase & I'm hoping for the best with any future purchases.

I e-mailed them back when the failure to purchase happened & I got some response that doesn't make any sense to me. So I just now called...

When I tried to buy Orko/Adam, I had them in my cart & when I entered the numbers on the back of my card, the site was saying "authorization failed." Didn't make any sense to me as I purchased my 2011 Subscription just the day before. The customer service rep I talked to told me that if I make a purchase again & get the same problem to just call & they'll see what they can do.

I hope I don't miss out on any more cool stuff.
    I really wanted that 1st Weapons Pak & Orko/Adam.
    I want my other half.

The "payment authorization failed" happened to me today, and it should not have. I tried two cards, including the one on file. I didn't have time to call Digital River and make my next appointment this evening. I guess I lost out? Sucks, since the item was still listed as available.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    The "payment authorization failed" happened to me today, and it should not have. I tried two cards, including the one on file. I didn't have time to call Digital River and make my next appointment this evening. I guess I lost out? Sucks, since the item was still listed as available.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was on the phone yesterday with Mattel & Digital River & while Mattel was very pleasant, there wasn't much they could do. Digital River gave me the same run around as before & I really don't think the person taking my call understood what I was even talking about.

Basically, I have to wait for a re-release which is a drag.
    Good luck next time pal.
    I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior

Digital river/matty toy!

SUCKS!!!!!!!
    after ordering my three GYGORS and 1 CANIVUS, and getting an order confirmation number from them, I go back to day to check my status to see if they were shipped and said ORDER UNCOMFIRMED!
    I call in and they say sorry, your order was not processed and we are now out of stock!!!!!
    After my credit card being billed by them, on the phone ordering for about 25 mintues with a confirmation number!!! are you ****in kidding me!!!!

im sooooooooooO BEYOND ****** OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Oh man, that's really terrible.
    It's crazy the amount of nonsense we still have to deal with two years into the line, and the worst part is, despite repeated assurances that "we're working on it", nothing has ever changed.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Thats crap, its not like you didnt have a order number, why cant they dip into there reserve stock to which they do set aside each month. Problem solved.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

My Orko and MoLar order was lost, I contacted matty and they re-sent my order. I just received it yesterday. So, now I'm a happy fella!!

But, happines ain't forever...

Now after tracking my GyGor order, I noticed it was shipped to California instead to Puerto Rico. I contacted them again. Let's wait & see...
    Last edited by Hellvertz; September 17, 2010 at 12:35pm.
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

The reason why i quitted buying monthly and cancelled my subscription:

August sale, i order 1 Whiplash and 1 Trapjaw but received 3 e-mails confirming my order 3 Whiplashes and 3 Trapjaws.

Immediately after that i e-mail Digital river and post on matty my situation, i order to cancel the 2 extras that i never ordered in the first place.

2 Days after that, i got shipping confirmation for 3 orders and billing for 3 orders.

I got an e-mail from matty explaining because there was a triplicate order error they would refund 1 order, yes it makes no sense.

And because of this Digital MESS i still got billed twice and paid for shipping and customs.

I only wish i could hit someone with a baseball bat, but since i'm a nice guy, i'm only quiting the line and cancelling the subscription which translates in less than 500 USD for matty every year.

I know it's nothing much for Mattel, but it's not even a temporary thing, i honestly lost complete interest in this line.

So has anybody had a problem contacting DR/Matty through their customer service help address? I've emailed mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com (as a fellow .orger instructed me to do) twice within the past two weeks and have yet to hear ANY response back from them (I'm simply trying to get a replacement CC as one of his feet is not glued on right and sticks out about half an inch further than it should, making it impossible to stand on its on). It sounds lazy, but I would prefer not to call customer service as I cannot stand dealing with DR over the phone (although it appears I may have to do so at this point.)

Just curious if anyone else has had the same or similar experience with them via email...?
    Last edited by Rainboy; October 5, 2010 at 08:19pm.

Check your spam box of your email. Sometimes their emails mistakenly get marked as spam.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Check your spam box of your email. Sometimes their emails mistakenly get marked as spam.
    Nope. Not the case here. They are on my safe list, and even if they weren't, I check my spam regularly as well.

UPDATE: So, after nearly 3 weeks, I finally get a response from them yesterday. They said they will email me back within 72 hrs with details on my replacement figure. I'm happy that they are (I assume) replacing it, but very upset with having to wait this long simply to hear a response. This makes the 2nd bad experience (out of 2 times I've ever had an issue) with DR/Mattel's customer service. Horrible...
    Last edited by Rainboy; October 8, 2010 at 02:05pm.

Heroic Warrior

Gygor Carnivus arrive..

FINALLY got my three GYGORS and 1 Carnivus today since ordering them on the 15th of Sept.

I can honestly say I will never order from matty and deal with Digital River again...the one Gygor figure is completey destroyed due to bad packaging...I am so ****** and sent them an email to prove it, lol.

Any pics of the destroyed Gygor?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    no i never took a pic.
    the box and toy were crushed from top to bottom on the right hand side...

when they packed it, with the 4 figures, they use d abox that would hold about 7 Gygors and put about 1-2 ft of bunched up brown paper in there to fill the gap. Obviously not nearly enough. so the one end was very very collapseable and weak, and that is why the one and its side was totally crushed.
    Im just glad I never had it in a trade for someone and messed up their trade.

Too bad to hear this. hope you get your replacements.

When GYGOR went on sale in September, the mattycollector site would not accept any card number I gave them, all of which were valid. I received my September figure, though, which was charged with a number they refused on the site.

This month I received an email today stating that my subscription has been cancelled because of "payment authorization failure". I will not be getting ROBOTO now, right?

I checked my account, and YEP: the funds are there.

What should I do???
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!