Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m Ready For The “Classics Line” To Stick With The Classic Toy Line

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    ...As previously pointed out/alluded to, POP is a natural extension of the original toy line, and of course we've received a ton of those characters to date. That leaves only NA as not part of the classic toy line... and we have been INUNDATED with these figures so far.

I'm not usually one for sarcasm, but I find it necessary in this case.
    I'm a little more cynical on this one, I think POP was an obvious attempt to give little girls their own version of MOTU. It was marketed that way and the figures reflected it. They are much more similar in the cartoons, but POP is not MOTU. They may very well be placed under the new "Classics" umbrella classification, but not on the same level.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    because TG told us it would from day one.
    That is true, you make good points but I will add this one...Toyguru says a lot of things to pacify the fans after the fact.

And anyone who chooses to drop the subs may do so, I want to drop the subs based on poor service and double shipping, all I'm saying is that it's no surprise that the sub includes POP and NA because TG told us it would from day one. I'm not sure I like it either but it certainly wasn't a surprise. And I'm sure Matty will include some "can't refuse" bonus to the future subs to limit the drop outs.

I thought you were stuck with the subs until they expire? It was my impression they cannot be dropped whenever. Was I wrong?
    ****Bengali*****

Now you have to ask yourself, was that civilized? No! In no way was that civilized. Fun, but in no way civilized.

Roger that Milli Vanilli Chilli Willi!

Quote Originally Posted by bengali94 View Post
    I thought you were stuck with the subs until they expire? It was my impression they cannot be dropped whenever. Was I wrong?
    You are right, I was referring to not re-newing subs.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky_raccoon View Post
    Put me on the list nutnog...us fellow Washingtonians have to stick together. I would prefer it if NA and POP were released as bonus figures and the "classic" figures were redone as monthly subscription releases. I have a feeling you and me are going to be in the gallows pretty quick here....
    I'm swinging on a rope right next to you, brother!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by bengali94 View Post
    Just call and say you need to change your address. They will cancel your sub and then tell you to buy it over again even though you can't LOL!

Wow, NA fans can't even get ONE figure a year without people demanding a return to the vintage MOTU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    The line was never marketed by Mattel as being vintage MOTU only. If that's what you thought it was, then you had your fingers in your ears and hands over your eyes. So far this year, vintage MOTU fans are getting BA He-Man, Battle-Cat, Moss Man, Trap-Jaw, Evil-Lyn, Orko. Out of 10 confirmed figures out of the year so far, that's 6 - over half.
    Nice of Kevenn to try to explain, but.....obviously, the concept of this line is lost on a small percentage of fans. No matter how many times it is explained to them, they just don't get it. I don't know if it's willful denial or whether it just sails right over their heads. The fact that Masters of the Universe Classics equally encompasses all aspects of the MOTU universe just doesn't sink in. In addition, the word "Classics" is being misinterpreted - they are reading into the use of that word too literally.

With that being said, I can't wait for more PoP, NA, 200x and 80's MOTU figures to be released!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm swinging on a rope right next to you, brother!
    Then off to the gallows we go with our radical opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post

With that being said, I can't wait for more PoP, NA, 200x and 80's MOTU figures to be released!
    ...and I'm happy for you. I'm confused as to why my personal opinion is any less valid than yours my fellow MOTU brother?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Wow, NA fans can't even get ONE figure a year without people demanding a return to the vintage MOTU characters.
    Welcome to my world, where we can't have a 200X thread without vintage fans flipping out.

Glad people are seeing firsthand what I deal with all the time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, seems pretty selfish, doesn't it?

OP, consider yourself pitchforked!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I'm a little more cynical on this one, I think POP was an obvious attempt to give little girls their own version of MOTU. It was marketed that way and the figures reflected it. They are much more similar in the cartoons, but POP is not MOTU. They may very well be placed under the new "Classics" umbrella classification, but not on the same level.
    Word up.

If it weren't teh sukk, maybe the response would be different.

Like I said, a NA He-Man or NA (non-braying jacka**)Skeletor would be much more readily accepted.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 8, 2010 at 11:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

The easiest way to fix this problem is to have Matty start taking preorders so that the subscription service wasn't even needed. This way you could order what you wanted and skip the figures you didn't want.

If Matty took preorders, they could gauge how much interest there was for each release and produce accordingly. I'd even pay in advance if I had to as long as it meant that I was guaranteed the figure I preordered. This would eliminate the quick sell outs and everybody could get the figures they wanted. It also would allow them to have the "core" characters available for anybody who wanted to start collecting the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The easiest way to fix this problem is to have Matty start taking preorders so that the subscription service wasn't even needed. This way you could order what you wanted and skip the figures you didn't want.

If Matty took preorders, they could gauge how much interest there was for each release and produce accordingly. I'd even pay in advance if I had to as long as it meant that I was guaranteed the figure I preordered. This would eliminate the quick sell outs and everybody could get the figures they wanted. It also would allow them to have the "core" characters available for anybody who wanted to start collecting the line.

Sounds like a great plan! Then everyone could be happy and get what they were looking for in the line. Some people (myself included) might have been looking to get something out of this line that isn't reflected. PoP fans want more PoP. NA fans want more NA. I hear ya.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysiss View Post
    The problem is tho Mattel DOES have to be careful with how many of these "Non" MOTU Classic characters get integrated into the subscription lineup "IF" they have any interest *and I'm sure that they GREATLY do* in keeping people signed up for these subscriptions in the future.

I think thats it's safe to say that the majority of the people that are in this are for the MOTU Classic aspect and if the subscriptions are littered with all sorts of other stuff people will drop like flies in the future.
    I have to disagree... I know a lot of people are in this for the POP figures, while another (albeit probably smaller) group are in it for the NA figures, and then others, like myself, want it all. It's kind of like with the DC lines... while someone like Steppenwolf may not be the most popular, the New Gods are someone's favorites, and they have as much right to them as the Batman lovers have to him. Saying to relegate the "unpopular" characters to a separate line downplays their importance to those who truly care about them while also limiting their exposure to potentially new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Welcome to my world, where we can't have a 200X thread without vintage fans flipping out.

Glad people are seeing firsthand what I deal with all the time.
    I'm finding so many brethren here!

Preach on, brother!

[QUOTE=Red Warrior;2301869]However, you gotta hand it to Mattel for making them part of the subscription. It makes good business sense to do so... because Optikk would've been the first non-sellout if many of us weren't already forced to purchase him.QUOTE]

This comment tells you everything you need to know about the overall level of popularity of these characters and it's line...

And anyone who chooses to drop the subs may do so, I want to drop the subs based on poor service and double shipping, all I'm saying is that it's no surprise that the sub includes POP and NA because TG told us it would from day one. I'm not sure I like it either but it certainly wasn't a surprise. And I'm sure Matty will include some "can't refuse" bonus to the future subs to limit the drop outs.
    It'll be a different reaction though once everything materializes. Even though it was mentioned beforehand, once the subscribers actually SEE these off the wall figures arriving at their doorstep month after month with a bill attached to their CC statement the reality of these subscriptions and what they got themselves in to will make them think twice before they purchase another one in the future.

That's what Mattel NEEDS to watch out for. ESPECIALLY since it's a guessing game with what your dishing money out BEFOREHAND with NO confirmed lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    BINGO!!

There you go with your crazy logic!

Logic + Mattel?

That'll NEVER happen...

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    I’m just going to put this out here…everyone take a deep breath before you get your pitchforks...

I know I might get roasted here but I have to say I am ready for some real classic figures again. You know the ones, kind of like the ones that were in the classic line from 81-87. I’m not talking about prototypes, MOTU myths, PoP, or NA figures. I want to see classic figures from the classic toy line, especially for those who have the year subscription.

I think it is great that NA and She-Ra fans get to see their favorites finally made or updated but I wish they could be the bonus figures and not force everyone that signed up for the subscription to get figures that are not part of the classic MOTU toy line. The year long subscribers first were burned by double shipping fees if they wanted the bonus figure and now the classics figures really aren’t so classic anymore.

Once again I’m happy for those who are getting their figures made but I am just feeling like the classics line isn’t sticking much to the main MOTU toy line that I knew and just wish that the NA, PoP, and prototypes were moved to be bonus figures.

Anyone else feel this way and isn’t afraid of getting railed on by a bunch of Slushhead fanatics?

I can't wait for the, "U HV to luv all MOTU not just the vintage lien or U Rnt a true fan," fodder to commence.
    Oh for the love of everything righteous, Optikk is the first and likely
    only NA character we may see this entire year and Adora will be the
    first POP figure, by the time Evil-Lyn comes out we would have gotten
    22 classic characters in less than 2 years. Your concerns is
    hardly warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Your concerns is
    hardly warranted.

I'm glad you feel that way and that my concerns "is" hardly warranted. Your post is reassuring. I feel much better now. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

It's always interesting to have a personal opinion that goes against the grain. All of a sudden, one personal opinion is less valid than another personal opinion.
    Last edited by nutnog; January 8, 2010 at 11:42pm.

Heroic Warrior

Given the flack they have taken over the changes in Moss Man and Adora from the prototypes, which is what would have been used to pre-sell figures, I don't think this would be a good idea. So many people feel "trapped" by the original quality of the prototypes vs. final final production figures, imagine what hell would break loose if they were pre-buying just that specific figure.

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    I'll be able to sleep tonight.
    I wouldn't count on it

All of a sudden, one personal opinion is less valid than another personal opinion.
    Not at all, but what are you even arguing? Because I never
    said or inferred your opinion wasn't anymore valid than mine.
    Of course classic is definitely subjective and the classic line has focused primarily on the classic.
    Last edited by Azrael; January 8, 2010 at 11:53pm.

There you go with your crazy logic!

Logic + Mattel?

That'll NEVER happen...
    Yeah. What was I thinking?!?!

If it weren't teh sukk, maybe the response would be different.

Like I said, a NA He-Man or NA (non-braying jacka**)Skeletor would be much more readily accepted.
    I think most people would rather have a new character than another variant.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I have to disagree... I know a lot of people are in this for the POP figures, while another (albeit probably smaller) group are in it for the NA figures, and then others, like myself, want it all. It's kind of like with the DC lines... while someone like Steppenwolf may not be the most popular, the New Gods are someone's favorites, and they have as much right to them as the Batman lovers have to him. Saying to relegate the "unpopular" characters to a separate line downplays their importance to those who truly care about them while also limiting their exposure to potentially new fans.
    What your saying me be true, but it has nothing to do with what you quoted. My comment was in regard to Subscriptions. If you don't think that an influx of NA and POP figures WON'T have any effect on future subscription renewels........

Lets just say we both STRONGLY disagree...and I'm not talking 1 or 2 figures here...if this upcoming subscription is anywhere near 50% NA and POP it's gonna have issues in the future. Mark my words.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; January 8, 2010 at 11:47pm.