Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m Ready For The “Classics Line” To Stick With The Classic Toy Line

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    Good plan sport but most people work on here and miss out on figures that go on sale at noon so that was to be solved by the subscription.
    Then you knew what you were getting into when you signed up.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul View Post
    Then you knew what you were getting into when you signed up.
    I did know that the figures produced would not be known at the time of subscription, but as I have mentioned before, I was under false pretenses as to what the line would entail. Dang, Mattel fooled me again. What was I thinking? Woe is me.

Heroic Warrior
    I know how you feel, nuthog. I'm happy having the NA and POP figures in the subscription, but when I saw Optikk, I didn't have the same "WOW!!!" that I've had when I've seen my favorites from my childhood dressed up in a new, updated body. That NA character doesn't give me the same feeling. I'm still excited to get him and look forward to his bio, but it isn't the same. I can see why some fans wouldn't be cool with it. I'm cool with it. But it isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The easiest way to fix this problem is to have Matty start taking preorders so that the subscription service wasn't even needed. This way you could order what you wanted and skip the figures you didn't want.

If Matty took preorders, they could gauge how much interest there was for each release and produce accordingly. I'd even pay in advance if I had to as long as it meant that I was guaranteed the figure I preordered. This would eliminate the quick sell outs and everybody could get the figures they wanted. It also would allow them to have the "core" characters available for anybody who wanted to start collecting the line.
    Sounds like a great plan! Then everyone could be happy and get what they were looking for in the line. Some people (myself included) might have been looking to get something out of this line that isn't reflected. PoP fans want more PoP. NA fans want more NA. I hear ya.
    Definately..but didn't mattel already blame digital river becuase they simply can't figure out how to do that...my guess is faker matty would find a way to screw up combining shipping with bonus figures anyways (or is it skeletor being blamed for any blunders nowadays)

Bottom line....mattel wants to have us locked in for guaranteed money .

I'll leave it at that and say congrats to the na and optikk fans, I don't get the awesome sauce feeling over it but it's not hideous to me in any way. Maybe a sagitar or na skelly will gain a few more fans if they have a subscription that continues like this next year
    Awesome sticker not included!™ Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

I did know that the figures produced would not be known at the time of subscription, but as I have mentioned before, I was under false pretenses as to what the line would entail. Dang, Mattel fooled me again. What was I thinking? Woe...woe
    Not to be rude or anything, I'm seriously wondering... how were you under false pretenses as to what the line would entail? Mattel has always been up front about including all aspects of MOTU. Before the first He-Man ever went on sale, there was a Toyfare article about MOTUC and the Four Horsemen very clearly said there would be NA and PoP characters in the line.

And to clarify, I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your own opinion. And I'm not trying to argue or be obnoxious. I just think that Mattel has been very upfront with letting it be known what this line would include. I know nothing about the NA characters, but I got the subscription knowing I'd more than likely get 1 or 2 of them. The line as a whole is worth it to me.

I did know that the figures produced would not be known at the time of subscription, but as I have mentioned before, I was under false pretenses as to what the line would entail. Dang, Mattel fooled me again. What was I thinking? Woe is me.
    What false pretenses were those exactly?

False pretenses? That is simply not true. TG said it more than once that the Classics line would include NA and POP and 200X in the classics style. We all signed up for a subscription without knowing what we were getting, seems like some didn't understand what they were getting, that by no means are false pretenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    What false pretenses were those exactly?
    I'm currently wondering that myself Considering that its been known
    for quite some time that 2010 would include atleast one NA character and possibly
    2 POP characters I'm wondering what so-called false pretenses nutnog speaks of.

Heroic Warrior
    It's always interesting to have a personal opinion that goes against the grain. All of a sudden, one personal opinion is less valid than another personal opinion.
    Thank you! I've been waiting to hear this from someone for so long! We all have our own opinions and we are all entitled to express them. Nutnog, I hope you are going to the Seattle Comic Con this year so I can shake your hand. You sound like someone cut from the same cloth as me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I know how you feel, nuthog. I'm happy having the NA and POP figures in the subscription, but when I saw Optikk, I didn't have the same "WOW!!!" that I've had when I've seen my favorites from my childhood dressed up in a new, updated body. That NA character doesn't give me the same feeling. I'm still excited to get him and look forward to his bio, but it isn't the same. I can see why some fans wouldn't be cool with it. I'm cool with it. But it isn't the same.
    Well I'm all for PoP and NA figures getting released in this line, just my personal opinion is that they should be the bonus figures that is all. To each their own (unless it is against popular opinion) as demonstrated tonight Laaaawwrrrdyyy rough crowd...

All other riled up friend-os

....anyway I'm glad I got we got to have a lively discussion tonight. It was much better than the usual posts with everyone agreeing with one another repeatably. This was actually interesting. Take it easy and continue to cinch my noose up a little tighter in my absence tonight. I deserve it.

Cheers,
    Nutty

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mattel has stated numerous times there would be at least 1 PoP and 1 NA per year. Maybe even 2, but definitely 1.

So far we'll be getting one of each.

As far as no "classic" MOTU...Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Cat, Trap-Jaw/Kronis, Evil-Lyn/Screech, Moss Man and Wun-Dar.

...and 1 NA and 1 PoP. Yikes. They're really taking over the subscription...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Well I'm all for PoP and NA figures getting released in this line, just my personal opinion is that they should be the bonus figures that is all. To each their own (unless it is against popular opinion) as demonstrated tonight Laaaawwrrrdyyy rough crowd...

....anyway I'm glad I got we got to have a lively discussion tonight. It was much better than the usual posts with everyone agreeing with one another repeatably. This was actually interesting. Take it easy and continue to cinch my noose up a little tighter in my absence tonight. I deserve it.

Cheers,
    Nutty
    The funniest part to me is that people think they're telling you something you don't already know.

Well I'm all for PoP and NA figures getting released in this line, just my personal opinion is that they should be the bonus figures that is all. To each their own (unless it is against popular opinion) as demonstrated tonight Laaaawwrrrdyyy rough cr
    owd...

Cheers,
    Nutty
    and don't forget to flock his ears
    Awesome sticker not included!™ Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

This line was intended to merge the four distinct toy lines into one cohesive new line all adhearing to the first toyline's style and feel.

Bring on POP, NA and 200x figures (AND classic MOTU as well)!!! I am pleased with Adora and Optikk... I am VERY excited with what is to come. This toy line is a dream come true.

Consider it a 'What If' the original toyline was released today as one single cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ...and 1 NA and 1 PoP. Yikes. They're really taking over the subscription...
    That's not fair to say tho either as it goes both ways...You just never know......

I am quite happy with the characters chosen for release in the line thus far.

I don't know NA at all, but Optikk looks cool enough & I'll happily add him to my MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    The funniest part to me is that people think they're telling you something you don't already know.
    Or saying you bought a subscription under false pretenses.

The Vanilla Ice sensation was about 20 years ago too. He must be pretty classic.
    If it's a Vanilla Ice action figure then i would say, yes, but Valilla Ice the person, that would be no.

I have no problem with how MAttel is handling the characters release. I'm not a NA fan but one or two characters a year aint that big of a deal.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    If i remember correctly is was stated that MOTUC would be all encompassing as far as the MOTU mythos is concerned. Certain media rights not withstanding this would include all the following.
    Vintage MOTU
    POP
    New Adventures
    POG
    MYP 200x He-Man

My suggestion is if you really don't want anything but the Original Vintage 80's MOTU then just buy those. If you have a subscription and are locked in for the duration, then just sell the ones you don't want and put that money toward more figures you do want. Simple yes?
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

We knew we'd get at least 1 NA and 1 POP figure this year, so one can't really complain about that yet since right now it is just Adora and Optikk(although we will at least get a She-Ra figure by some means by the end of the year). I'll be annoyed if we get like 4 figures or more between those two lines, though. The best lineup would be 1 NA, 1 POP, 1 MOTUX, 1 POG/Proto, and 8 Classic MOTU figures for a subscription. I do think they need to be heavy on the classic MOTU which they have been so far.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysiss View Post
    That's not fair to say tho either as it goes both ways...You just never know......
    Well, we're definitely getting She-Ra this year. It was stated and we see her shield.

So, 2 PoP, 1 NA.

We're also getting Orko and, from the pics, it looks like Thunder Punch He-Man (bonus figure?), Keldor (bonus figure?) and one other character with the He-Man shield repaint.

12 months

We know 6 months of Characters (She-Ra and included). 6 more sub figures to go.

I say the best release for the year would include:

- 2 PoP
    - 2 Na
    - 2 200X
    - 6 80's MOTU

Alternating inbetween and all unique characters (none of these would be the variant/bonus figures), of course:

MOTU, PoP, MOTU, NA, MOTU, 200X, repeat...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 9, 2010 at 12:23am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

LOL @ this thread...
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm swinging on a rope right next to you, brother!
    Like monkeys that haven't evolved...Change and variety can be scary to some people.

I'm all for producing 2 figures a month if they can keep up with the quality - one for MotU + 200x, and another for PoP/NA. That way, everyone gets something every month, and some people gets more than one something. It would also mean that we get to our favourite figures faster than the current one figure per month plan.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Like monkeys that haven't evolved...Change and variety can be scary to some people.
    So very true