Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I’m Ready For The “Classics Line” To Stick With The Classic Toy Line

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I know how you feel, nuthog. I'm happy having the NA and POP figures in the subscription, but when I saw Optikk, I didn't have the same "WOW!!!" that I've had when I've seen my favorites from my childhood dressed up in a new, updated body. That NA character doesn't give me the same feeling. I'm still excited to get him and look forward to his bio, but it isn't the same. I can see why some fans wouldn't be cool with it. I'm cool with it. But it isn't the same.
    I feel exactly the same way, Ntumubulukutumubulukutuluku
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I say the best release for the year would include:

- 2 PoP
    - 2 Na
    - 2 200X
    - 6 80's MOTU

Alternating inbetween, of course:

MOTU, PoP, MOTU, NA, MOTU, 200X, repeat...
    That sounds like an extremely fair breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    I'm glad you feel that way and that my concerns "is" hardly warranted. Your post is reassuring. I feel much better now. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

It's always interesting to have a personal opinion that goes against the grain. All of a sudden, one personal opinion is less valid than another personal opinion.
    But you aren't going against the grain. This opinion has been stated OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again in just about any thread that deals with POP, NA, and 200x in MOTUC. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and even though I do not agree with your's, I totally respect it. And, in a way, I'm glad that these opinions are out there and people get so heated over them as it just shows how passionate we all are for these characters and for this toy line to continue. That said, maybe those of us who disagree with you need to start a thread called "I'm Ready for The "Classics Line" to Stick with POP, NA, and 200x". Now that would be going against the grain. I would start that thread myself, BUT, I want all the core and POP characters equally. I'd just find it interesting to see how those who will only stick with MOTU core characters will respond to that thread.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    One thing I would like to point out, which I think is VASTLY fascinating is that NOBODY seems to think about the people who are MAINLY fans of either PoP, NA or 200X.

If they buy a subscription they have to get ALL these MOTU figures. The first year of the line didn't even HAVE a PoP or NA figure. Some PoP fans (not sure about NA and 200X) are ONLY buying the PoP figures but have to wait for all the other figures to come out.

I just find it extremely fascinating that the 80's MOTU figures are basically 95% of the released figures and there are people who are frantically upset that it isn't more like 98%.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm happily and most EXCITEDLY collection ALL the MOTUC figures. I say bring it all on!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 9, 2010 at 12:45am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

As far as im concerned NA has nothing to do with motu!......Im trying to ignore it
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

I kinda feel what nutnog is saying for me NA is not as important to me, but I do accept its inclusion as I was even aware before I ever heard of this site that this was supposed to be an all-inclusive series. Now I get to my point as why I agree with him a little bit. Tonight I saw something that scared me about the subscription - Thunder Punch He-Man's sword. I do not want this figure to take up a monthly slot and since POP and NA are likely to only have 2-3 figures released a year why not have them offered as bonuses instead of forcing them down a subscribers throat. Me personally I welcome them and have waiting probably as long as Tallstar for a series of POP series of figures not specifically targeted for girls. NA the cartoon intrigued me but never really held my long term interest like the Filmation series, which is probably why POP hooked me because it felt like an extension to He-Man and not a re-imagining like NA and 200X. I tried to like 200X but the figures of He-Man and Skeletor really turned me off as I was excited about a new series of figures, then I heard about the focus groups and how kids chose an anime look for the characters. I tried to give it a second chance despite hating the figures with the cartoon and again I was disappointed. Skeletor fighting like he was Trunks from DBZ and the voice acting... ugh. Prince Adam was annoying and sounded like a Pokemon character and when he transformed into He-Man, it lacked that BOOM in his voice like Filmation. The one thing I did like was the coesive story that was being put together and how there were lots of tie ins from the Filmation series, but it just didn't hold the same magic for me. But again certain things about MYP were pretty good and because of that I look forward to what we will be offered and accept figures like Keldor, Zodak and KG.

I think it is funny when people only want MOTU.....this line was always described as MOTU Universe, including POP, NA, etc. So anyone who is unhappy that their subscription contains other figures then just MOTU......don't subscribe!

This line is to encompass all, not just vintage MOTU

I am only buying MOTU figures from this line. The months they release NA or POP are the months I will take a break. She Ra is the only non MOTU figure I plan on buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    One thing I would like to point out, which I think is VASTLY fascinating is that NOBODY seems to think about the people who are MAINLY fans of either PoP, NA or 200X.

If they buy a subscription they have to get ALL these MOTU figures. The first year of the line didn't even HAVE a PoP or NA figure. Some PoP fans (not sure about NA and 200X) are ONLY buying the PoP figures but have to wait for all the other figures to come out.

I just find it extremely fascinating that the 80's MOTU figures are basically 95% of the released figures and there are people who are frantically upset that it isn't more like 98%.
    My sentiments exactly. I'm noticing that same elitist mentality from
    quite a few. They fail to take into consideration the fans on POP and
    NA. Apparently can't none of these fans have their plastic wants
    addressed without vintage fans voicing such disapproval or disdain.

Heroic Warrior
    IMO, I take "Classics" to mean that the figures will be done in the old school look but with modern articulation; not that the ONLY figures they'd do are the ones from the original line.

I likely won't get all the NA figures because I really don't remember much about them, but if the figures look cool, I might pick them up. However, I don't think it's fair for those who like the PoP and N/A lines if Mattel ONLY made the original line figures available as the monthly figure.

People knew going into this year that there was going to be at least one PoP and N/A figure as the monthly; if they still chose to get the sub, then they really have no room to complain.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

My sentiments exactly. I'm noticing that same elitist mentality from
    quite a few. They fail to take into consideration the fans on POP and
    NA. Apparently can't none of these fans have their plastic wants
    addressed without vintage fans voicing such disapproval or disdain.
    That's cool that the rest of the MOTU affiliated lines appeal to you, but I think there's always room for improvement on the way this stuff is presented.

Now this would never happen, but I definitely would sign up for a Classic i.e. "Original figures only" subscription option if it were given. Then I really could pick and chose without having to feel like I have to worry about the RSOD or having to commit to lines that have in some cases, a wildly different appeal to them.

So to all ya NA POP 200x fans, take it easy on the old schoolers!
    Last edited by Inhibitor; January 9, 2010 at 12:58am.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Bang your head!!!
    We knew going into this line that it was going to cover ALL areas that delt with He-Man and She-Ra... So that includes New Adventures, Princess of Power and the 200x line. This is what was intended from day one.

The subscriptions were set up so you did not have to deal with the selling out of figures and you were guaranteed to have that month's figure.

If you want just the classic MOTU figures, than really the subscription might not be the best option for you at this time, and the only way to get "just" the figures you want is by ordering them one by one as they become available...