Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pleased with MOTUC! The MOTUC Appreciation thread

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

Pleased with MOTUC! The MOTUC Appreciation thread

Okay, so I haven't been on here very long and I know MOST of us here really do like the line. I hate having to read about every negative thing about every new revelation in the line though, so how about we have a post that follows all the news and does it in a generally positive and appreciative way. Complaints (and yes, I've had some) can go in other threads.

I'll start.

Just about everything shown at the art show this Friday was amazing. I'm glad they've added the extra Evil Lyn accessories, and am especially looking forward to Optikk, as I really never payed attention to NA when it was on, and it's like a whole new figure added to the lore for me. Also, I'm trying to figure out what other characters can be made using his parts. Any ideas from those more familiar with NA?

I am. This is the MOTU I've always wanted...now if only they could get Thundercats

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I like it so far.

They just need to make the figures last longer. Like I said many times they will sell out eventually every figure should not sell out in an hour. make more figures!!!!!!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I love this line as well. I have none of the NA stuff and no particular affinity for any of it, but Optikk is a really cool looking figure. Some folks have pointed out that his armor may be used for Mekanek or Man-E-Faces. I am curious how they will tackle Slush Head. I am always super excited to get the next figure or find out what is coming next.

Thanks for starting a positive thread..I do tire of reading all the complaints and hearing all the anger about this line.

No complaints at all! Just to have a glimmer of he-man related merchandise in this day and age is a blessing--- let alone a completely redone and amazingly WELL done line. This is something I would have dreamt about 10 years ago. Have any other past toylines (with the exception of maybe transformers) gotten this kind of treatment? I can't ask for more. The mishaps, problems, etc are so insanely small next to the idea of even having these actually coming out. I'm very grateful for the line-- I can step over every "bump" along the way.

+1

I'm a vintage collector, but i cannot resist buying most of the MOTUC figures

I've been hyped about this line since the very beginning, but seeing She-Ra's shield at the art show and the latest shots of Adora somehow amped that feeling x 1000. I can't wait until we finally get to see what She-Ra looks like!

This is the best thing to happen for MOTU since the 80's.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I am as well. I agree that this is the MOTU that I always wanted. For me they feel completely new and nostalgic at the same time and I'm always excited when new things are revealed. I wasn't into NA at all when I was a kid, but Optikk looks great, and I'll gladly take him as one of the sub figures. I definitely have my favorites and can't wait to see them (Clawful, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone), but I have to admit that I've been generally happy with even the less favorite characters of mine that they've released. Looking forward to seeing what else is revealed for 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I've been hyped about this line since the very beginning, but seeing She-Ra's shield at the art show and the latest shots of Adora somehow amped that feeling x 1000. I can't wait until we finally get to see what She-Ra looks like!
    Just had to ask. Were the paramedics already on hand or did someone have to call them?

I love the line...my current favorite toyline. Hopefully they get to accomplish all they want to. In the short time they've been making them, we've gotten more than I could've hoped for. Who would've ever expected the Green Goddess and Adora so soon?

I want all the original POP girls plus the star sisters. Then I'll be happy. Of course I want all the original MOTU figures as well but new POP makes me a million times more excited.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I love this line as well. Can't wait for Evil-Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Just had to ask. Were the paramedics already on hand or did someone have to call them?
    I had to use the Life Alert.

Just wait until we get the Star Sisters. I'm looking forward to seeing your reaction to those, Tallstar! (and yes, I really do believe we'll get them someday)

This is a pefect line IMO. Great, nostaligic designs and the bringing together of the whole Masters jmythos (inc PoP, NA, MYP etc) in one consistent scale and style. The attention to detail in this line is incredible, and Mattel are listening to fans and doing there best to produce a line they are also proud of.

If the website / customer service issues are fixed as Toy Guru states, 2010 is going to be a great year for MOTUC (IMO the only thing currently holding it back).
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I love this line and will get 2 to 3 of everything they make

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I was bummed about the stactions coming to an end, and truthfully i was reluctant to buy the classics, but im so hooked and want more and more, i really like how we can get all 3 factions of the vintage line. Long live MOTU.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    This is the best thing to happen for MOTU since the 80's.
    I agree with this!! Best toyline ever.
    I simply love it!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

This is my favorite toy line and i love it. The only issue i have is the lack of availability after a figure is released and the fact we get so few figures.

Fantastic line. I also love the fact that it's proving so popular. I'm sure not everyone who's purchasing the figures are just members of this site. So it's good to know that He-Man is still loved.

Only a long-awaited announcement of a new movie could make me more happy to be a MOTU fan.

I got in to this line recently too. Was a bit worried figures would come out that I'd want to skip because I didn't like them, but would feel pulled to get them anyway just to have them. So far what's come out and what's coming out are all awesome so I haven't had the 'am I going to buy this sucky figure' debate yet.

MOTUC is the business. Its had its ups and downs, mainly to do with the business and distribution side of things..but when it comes to the figures i have only a few minor complaints about selected figures...but when all the figures that have been released to date, and the stuff that we've seen is to come..then my complaints about zodac having no holster for his lone gun, or stratos not being able to hold a weapon just seems to evaporate.

I am very pleased. Sometimes I get overly excited,only to be let down. But ya know,thats my own fault. I am very pleased. I am one of the few who really enjoy the mixture of all the mythologies. The POP being included, the NA being there, the 200X stuff. Mix in Classic MOTU, and you've got an amazing line. I am most pleased with Teela and Hordak,and really am looking forwrd to Evil Lynn, Adora, and Optikk. Nothing has really sucked about this line. The figures themselves are gorgeous. Now gimme Zoar armor and we'll be five by five
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

The unified & expanded MOTUverse. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Awesome figures, excellent character selection, great accessories...what more can I say??

Cheers Horsemen.

This line is a dream come true for me it has all the incarnations of Motu rolled up into one collection. The Horsemen are the best sculptors out there. I love all the figures released so far. I just don't know what I'll do with myself if they get the rights to the Filmation characters. That would be way too much awesomeness for me to handle.

I really thought He-man was done with after the whole 200X fiasco, but Mattel surprised us and gave it another go. On top of it made it an exclusive online. Which cuts out the middle man and guarantees us a new figure(s) every month.