Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pleased with MOTUC! The MOTUC Appreciation thread

I'm all about this line! It's awesome! Rocks!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I too am pleased with the look of the figures and who has been released so far. I enjoyed the art show as well. It was great to see so many styles of MOTU inspired art. I really appreciated seeing Evil-Lyn, Moss Man, and even Optikk up close. Although I’m not a fan of NA I really liked Optikk. I was hoping that NA would not be included in this CLASSICS line, but I have faith in the Four Horsemen that they will come up with some cool designs for the NA figures.

Oh yeah, and I can’t wait to see how they go about designing KING HISS. It’s going to be a tough one.

I couldn't be happier with the Classics figures so far. They take everything I loved about the old toys and improve on them in almost every way. So many of my favorite characters have been represented already and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

This line is a dream come true for me...to have ALL eras of MOTU done in one style, with a unified look and very functional yet well hidden articulation.

These are the figures I wanted as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    This line is a dream come true for me...to have ALL eras of MOTU done in one style, with a unified look and very functional yet well hidden articulation.

These are the figures I wanted as a kid.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Heroic Warrior
    I hate to ruin a good thread, but all I have are complaints:

1. I had to stop collecting the vintage line, cuz MOTUC is so great
    2. I've got no more space on my bookshelves, cuz they're filled with MOTUC
    3. All my friends think I'm a nerd, cuz I can't stop playing with these toys
    4. I've had to come to grips with my new feelings... cuz Teela's sculpt is so hot
    5. I went off my diet the other night, cuz Randor demands whoppers

Quote Originally Posted by Squidish Tex View Post

4. I've had to come to grips with my new feelings... cuz Teela's sculpt is so hot
    You should have started a new thread: How MOTUC ruined my life!

HAHAHHAAA...awesome!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I LOVE MOTUC like no other toy line out there. It's the best toy line ever for me. The sculpts, the details, the unified MOTU universe, everything. It's definitely the bee's knees.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Al the extra characters are cool and all, but please MOTUC, stay alive long enough for the core vintage characters! That's all I ask!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior

I love this line. It's so great. The above post even had my MOTUC-tolerant wife laughing. Nice shooting, Tex.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    This is the best thing to happen for MOTU since the 80's.
    Best sentence to describe MOTUC!

I love it and I love all the figures so far. We all nitpick some little things and almost everything can be done a little bit better, but MOTUC is superb and we're extremely lucky Mattel forayed into the online store business.

And ALL eras of MOTU! PoP, NA and 200X! I'm SO excited about this line.

I heart Mattel and the FourHorsemen for giving us things of great beauty.

...oh and PixelDan for his great reviews and ToyGuru for his toy wisdom and dedication to fan answers and happiness.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yes, extremely pleased with the line so far. I love it and glad I got into the line when I did.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I love this line and am SO glad I decided not to skip it (even though some of my friends may mock my membership in the "MotU of the Month" Club).

And thanks so much for starting a thread for the positive side of things - it seems needed around here.

Elder Councilman
    flat out: this line just rules; it's that simple.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I remember when the 200X line was about a year in, and Marvel Legends was going STRONG. I didn't collect ML, but I distinctly remember thinking, "WHY didn't they re-do MOTU that way?"

Well, they have

I love the line. I love all the nods to the vintage toys. It is a dream come true that this line is legitimizing POP and NA as parts of MOTU. They always WERE, but there are many people, who maybe grew out of MOTU before those lines, or whatever, and don't agree with that. This line finally pays attention to those of us who LOVE She-Ra, who love NA, who love MOTU's more obscure characters (The Goddess!!!).

I am so happy. I just want more, and I want it sooner. The announcement that Bonus figures would not be unique characters was hard for me.. it just means that POP girls are not as likely as soon... and with the way 200X went, it makes me (and many others) scared that we, again, won't get what we've been wanting and waiting for for so long.

In any case, I am excited every time I hear about or see new MOTUC stuff!! Even Mo-Larr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    but MOTUC is superb and we're extremely lucky Mattel forayed into the online store business.

AND Mattel is more dang lucky to have US... we are the most resilient fan base in the universe. Without us (and the DC fans, some of whom we are as well), mattycollector wouldn't have happened!
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 11, 2010 at 03:23am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I gotta say that i also one of the very satisfied fan.
    In fact, when i heard about this line is coming about a year ago, i decided to make a sacrifice: i sold all my 200x MOTU (all of them, including those hard to gets like Teela, Evil Lynn, snake armor He-man..and the playsets. Well, actually 95 % of 200x MOTU are really hard to get in Indonesia, my home country).
    Until this day, i'm glad that i made the right decision to re-live my childhood.

I think G.I. Joe RAH from the 80's is the best toy line ever but that line has been dead for quite some time. I don't think the Modern Era will ever recapture that, unless they make the USS Flagg

However, MOTUC has really set the standard for modern Toy lines.

-The sculpt is exceptional

-The inclusion of all brands (MOTU, PoP, NA, 200x) is a such a great idea. I hope to see all the characters plus brand news ones

-These figures are nice and solid. Throw one of these against the wall and you will put a hole in the wall. Throw a Transformer against the wall and the figure will explode

-As much as some people hate the idea, we don't have to travel the state looking for the figures in retail. They actually come to us

I want to say MOTUC is the best toy line ever. The way it is going, and with the inclusion of vehicles and playsets, it just might become better than anything else ever

The biggest downside to this line? 2016 is the end
    Last edited by TheFallen; January 11, 2010 at 07:57am.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Everybody should've known that the 4 horsemen were not going to let us down w/ the motu universe! Their passion for the line is greater than that of any other line they worked on, and they continue to prove that w/ every figure we see previews of!

i don't see this line going away anytime soon and they already sd they have figures lined up till 2016 - thats just AWESOME!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I love this line, I have been happy with every figure so far. Prob my fave toy line!

By far, my favorite MotU toyline EVER.
    And I'm not just saying that because it's new.
    Best paint apps. Sculpts as good as the 200X line. Best articulation. Great size. And a Green Goddess figure that's official to top it all off.
    Simply amazing!

All this line needs is a Castle Grayskull.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

and a Snake Mountain

and a Fright zone

and a Moon Nordor

and a Slime Pit

and a Wind Raider

and a..... well you get the idea. I want them all!!!!!!

I am very pleased. These are some great figures. I have been lucky though, reading all the horror stories. My only major problems have been with zodac and the slightly crushed packaging and Randors fourth degree burned looking hands.

This line has rekindled my enthusiasm for collecting MotU (although I'm not a completist by any means - selling/exchanging unwanted figures)!

The only fly in the ointment, and it's a minor one at that, is the packaging!. I'd have preferred boxes to blister packs; especially in view of the price point.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Pleased is an understatement, as far as the line itself goes. This is the MOTU line I've always dreamed of, sculpted by my favorite talents in the industry. THere have been needless problems with quality control, but the line itself, overall, deserves all the buzz it's generating.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman