Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pleased with MOTUC! The MOTUC Appreciation thread

When I first heard about the line, I was skeptical. After losing interest in the 2002 line and figuring that this line would be similar to DC Classics(taking characters from different timelines, earths, and continuity & just making toys out of them), I wasn't sure that I was even going to bother with it. After seeing He-Man's MOTUC sculpt in a toy magazine and hearing about how this would be a new canon pulling bits & pieces from everything that's come before, I was sold. I've never looked back since. I have very few problems with the bios, even the toys for characters I'm not particularly fond of still look great, and the only way Battle Cat could be any cooler was if he could curl up and take a nap on my lap.

Even if this line dies tomorrow, it is the closest I've felt to the love I had for the original line as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidish Tex View Post
    I hate to ruin a good thread, but all I have are complaints:

1. I had to stop collecting the vintage line, cuz MOTUC is so great
    2. I've got no more space on my bookshelves, cuz they're filled with MOTUC
    3. All my friends think I'm a nerd, cuz I can't stop playing with these toys
    4. I've had to come to grips with my new feelings... cuz Teela's sculpt is so hot
    5. I went off my diet the other night, cuz Randor demands whoppers
    Here I thought this thread had its first party pooper!

By the way, I love your screen name!!!

That reminds me of one more positive thing to say about this line...

Squidish Rex is the coolest name ever!
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 11, 2010 at 01:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC is my favourite toy line ever! My only complaint is that I want more!

I love the idea of this thread! Thank you, Teacher of Madness!

I am totally pleased with this line so far. It is so awesome to have a cohesive line drawing from every corner of MOTU (mostly) and I am thrilled to hear that Mattel has plans to go forth with it for several years! Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich is exactly who he says he is: a fan, and it shows in how he and his team handle the toyline. Attention to details, a great, far-reaching Bio-Canon, and fantastic quality from the Horsemen and Mattel designers (barring the odd situation that honestly arises in any toyline) make this fella one very happy He-Fan and She-Raver!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    I am. This is the MOTU I've always wanted...now if only they could get Thundercats
    I couldn't agree more ! Thanks Mattel ... MOTUC rocks!!!
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

I have to say I am very pleased with MOTUC. It is a MOTU toyline dream come true for me, especially with the 4H doing their amazing work. MOTUC has renewed my interest in MOTU. MOTUC and DCUC are my favorite 2 modern toylines to collect right now - with MOTUC barely edging out DCUC for # 1.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    I like it so far.

They just need to make the figures last longer. Like I said many times they will sell out eventually every figure should not sell out in an hour. make more figures!!!!!!
    AMEN!

I love the line and the figs are great! But I just wish I could get home after work (6 hours after the onsale) and order these guys without the fear of having them sold out.

I am usually able to sneak a quick break to get them, but when I travel, etc. I know for sure that I will miss out. This year with the subs it makes things a little easier, but the bonus figs and beasts can't be included so....

This is the line I always dreamed of having.

Back in 2000, before the 4HM revamped the characters, I was imagining what an updated line of figures would look like. And as much as I appreciate the Horsemen's unique sculpts for 200X, MOTU Classics is almost identical to what I hoping for 10 years ago.

Thank you for these wonderful toys, 4HM/Mattel!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Okay, having just watched Pixel Dan's review of Trap Jaw.... WOW.

I can't believe how cool that figure looks. As much as I'm going to take a day off work to make sure I can get a Battle Cat in Feb, I'm WAAAAY most excited for Trap Jaw for whatever reason, and will probably buy a second one outside of my Sub fig so I can have a Kronis.

Amazing work, the best looking figure so far!

MOTUC Appreciation Thread

Wanted to just start a thread to say how pleased I am overall with the MOTUC line. Sure I have my complaints, but no one will see them aired on this forum, as they pale in the compliments I have for this line. I think TG and the 4H are doing a fantastic job and want to thank them for the greatest toyline I have ever collected.
    Good Journey

Yeah, you're right. Sure there may be some problems, but I would much rather have some MOTU product over nothing. Looking at my shelves filled with MOTUC figures, I'm a pretty happy guy.
    END OF LINE

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    The thing I appreciate most about the line is the 4H involvement. Their artistic vision for the line is what keeps me coming back time and again. I really feel like without their talent, there would be no MOTUC line.

I am sure another thread exists for this topic somewhere.

I appreciate MOTUC, I don't appreciate how Mattel is handling it

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I agree! Minor setbacks here and there by Mattel are no reason to get too ****** off at such an awesome line.

Matty Apologists™ unite!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

To be honest, I think the passion when something goes wrong is a direct result on how awesome these figures are. Regardless on the issues, these are still the best looking figures on the market today.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Matty Apologists unite!
    I've changed my canon, I am a Matty Apologist

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Welcome to the right side! I knew you were one of us!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior

It's a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't join Count Marzo.

He'll turn you into a Shadow Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    To be honest, I think the passion when something goes wrong is a direct result on how awesome these figures are. Regardless on the issues, these are still the best looking figures on the market today.

I agree with this. I think part of it is an explosion of built up frustration from several issues, like ankles and the ordeal of ordering the things(both of which seem to be improving) Mostly, it's just frustrating because I want this awesome looking toy to be it's very best each month. The goofs on Roboto and Hsss sting a bit more for us (and ToyGuru I imagine) because they are both rather ambitious releases. It's a bummer to see a minor setback in these figures that pushed the envelope of production costs.

Back to appreciation! I clicked this thread since it was pretty appropriate today. Despite all else, earlier today I saw my Scareglow standing there all alone on a shelf and still got a little giddy inside. I just wanted to give him a miniature high five for being so awesome!

Why is it that every time Mattel makes a huge mistake someone has to post an appreciation thread?

I think it's pretty much established that we all appreciate this line. We appreciate it to the tune of $20 a month minimum.

The reason we are complaining so much is that we want the designs that we appreciate so much done justice in the quality department.

The amount of complaining done is directly related to the amount of appreciation we have for this stuff.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

@JRLTML:

All of us appreciate the line, but mistakes happen way too often and it's our job to point them out, if we want the best possible toyline we can get. Without our feedback do realize how many figures would have turned out improperly assembled or even worse just done without some of the cool extra accessories? We appreciate, but we do so with criticism for the betterment of all fans.

@JRLTML:

All of us appreciate the line, but mistakes happen way too often and it's our job to point them out, if we want the best possible toyline we can get. Without our feedback do realize how many figures would have turned out improperly assembled or even worse just done without some of the cool extra accessories? We appreciate, but we do so with criticism for the betterment of all fans.
    THIS!!
    Yes, I appreciate the line (even with ALL of the issues). Heck! This is the only MOTU line that I've been able to get a Teela and Evil Lyn. I have a FILMATION SHE-RA, BOW and hopefully (if WSOD allows) a FILMATION CATRA! We got He-Ro, Vikor The Prototype He-Man, Even the Legendary Wonderbread He-Man! (I don't own one, but he was made!) We have an ORKO that is NOT a giant!! Finally I own my very first King Hiss! (Technically still on the move, but I will have him in hand soon!)
    I mean, I have Zodak whacking his staff at Optikk while Marzo aims his medallion at Bow and Mo-Larr is operating on Trap Jaw while Adam is dodging Skeletor's attacks and a palace guard (Lt. Spector) is trying to fend off Grizzlor. Also with a bit of paint I have THE Man-At-Arms I've always wanted!! For all this I am thankful, but I won't ignore the bad cause of the good as I don't ignore the good cause of the bad...

I've complained, sure I have, but I do it because I want to bring these flaws to attention so they can get fixed! I'm pretty sure that all the "complainers" don't want the line to be killed. We all want to get THE BEST MOTU WE CAN!! If I didn't care about MOTUC I wouldn't spend my time here.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Glad to see another positive thread. Overall I'm as happy as can be with MOTUC. Every month is a little like being a kid and waiting for Christmas. My wife humours my MOTUC craze.

The things that have irked me have been pretty insignificant, the only time I was unhappy was back in the 5 minute sell out days or the original Battle Cat release when I was trapped on an airplane (clearly not Matty's fault at all) and couldn't get him. But looking back I managed to get all the figures so even those things are pretty minor in hindsight.
    All caught up on figures...now what

I'm definitely more happy with this line than not. It's the most happy I've been with the franchise since I was a kid in the 80's. Sure, there are various issues with it that should be pointed out(although you could say that about any toyline out there), but some of the recent anger towards Mattel, ToyGuru, and fellow forum members with a different opinion can really be a downer at times(and sometimes even scary).

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

It, too, is the toyline I have dreamed about since I was a child. I was so disappointed that the NA figures were not in scale with the vintage line as a child. Don't get me wrong, I still had to have them. I still owned POP and used them with my MOTU figures, but it always bothered me that Bow was not the same as the other men in the line. When I read the article in ToyFare with Skeletor on the cover about the return of MOTU, I was as happy as a child on Christmas morning, I even took the magazine to my mothers house and showed her. I turn thirty on Thursday, and my mother ordered me the figures I needed this month (King Hsss, Evil-Lyn, and BA Skeletor) for my birthday, when I asked if she is surprised to still be buying me MOTU figures on my thirtieth birthday, her reply was...I'm not surprised, these are better than the ones you collected a few years ago(200x). I still own all my MOTU figures from childhood, and MOTU will be the only toy franchise I will always collect.
    Good Journey

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I am a huge fan of the MOTUC line, and grateful to Mattel for having the opportunity to have them join the other MOTU / POP / NA toys I have on display.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Why is it that every time Mattel makes a huge mistake someone has to post an appreciation thread?
    I think the reason these threads come up is because some of us feel that the reactions from some forum members when one of these mistakes (my emphasis on the word mistake) happen are a bit extreme, and the ones who go to such extremes become very vocal in their anger and tend to attack not only Matty and TG but anyone who disagrees with their personal stance.

As Mr. Shokoti rightly pointed out above,
    some of the recent anger towards Mattel, ToyGuru, and fellow forum members with a different opinion can really be a downer at times(and sometimes even scary).
    In this most recent example, even those of us who were trying to say that we empathize with those who were frustrated and agreed with their right to be so* were shot down and told that we simply "couldn't understand" where they were coming from.

I understand what you're saying, kagmigod, and I certainly appreciate the stance. I think there's a marked difference though between offering what could be legitimate, constructive criticism, and the hornets nets of extreme anger and hate that frequently get stirred up around here (and I'm not trying to imply here that you don't agree with that notion--just trying to articulate my own stance).

In my opinion, these 'hornets nests' (usually jumped on by a very vocal minority who take over threads and won't let others get a word in edge-wise) lead to nothing more than a lot of us more content fans being more angry at the extremism demonstrated by our peers than with whatever the issue at hand is. In recent days I've seriously considered abandoning this site--which I've followed since its earlier incarnations as Adam Tyner's and Matt R.'s websites back in the late 90s--because I'm far more disgusted with the overly personalized and critical approach that some of my more vocal fellow MOTUC collectors have adopted than I am with anything that Mattel / TG has done or is doing wrong. I guess what I don't get is this: If I'm willing to walk away from the He-Man.org community because of the extreme anger and hate directed toward TG and Mattel, what makes anyone think that the actual creators of the MOTUC line want anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm pretty sure that all the "complainers" don't want the line to be killed. We all want to get THE BEST MOTU WE CAN!!
    I'm afraid that I have to respectfully both agree and disagree with you here. I certainly think you're correct that a significant majority of those who have been critical of Matty don't want the line to be killed. However, I have also seen a few posts in the last week by those in the 'Shoulder-Gate' thread saying they would rather seen the line axed than have it continue with these flaws that a not insignificant number of us don't actually care about all that much. Either way, and tied back back to the first quote I responded to, I think the reason these appreciation threads pop up every time there's an issue is that many of us who are more willing to let such mistakes slide are afraid that the vocal minority I keep mentioning in this post will ultimately be responsible for killing the MOTUC line with their extremist, personalized attacks against TG, Mattel, and anyone who disagrees with them.

In short:
    • I appreciate the MOTUC line and hope that it continues until every last MOTU/POP/NA/MOTX/movie/comic character has been released!
    • I appreciate Mattel and ToyGuru for their hard work on the line, and for the fact that they--as the property holders--are allowing us to relive a significant part of our childhood once again.
    • I appreciate those who offer a constructive, level-headed approach to pointing out the occasional flaws with the MOTUC line so that we may have the best MOTU line ever!
    • I appreciate those who I have quoted above for coming into this positive thread and not trying to turn it negative, but, rather, trying to create a space for dialogue regarding the critiquing process.

*And, yes, I freely acknowledge that some people on the 'calm down' side were being less than empathetic, and that they should have probably tried a more tactful approach in getting their viewpoint across.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Love the line. The figures look fantastic and I am proud to have the line coming to me every monmth. Glad there is a bright side to the long complaints list on the boards. Keep it up Matty and thanks for putting in my 5th spot of joy this summer with Man E faces
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...