Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keldor Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I like your version, but Keldor is human, so forearm must be bare or use the gaunlet ones (Hordak and Zodak).
    That's not quite accurate. He's half human. He's half Gar. Blue skin. Sharp Vulcan/Elf ears. Gar appear to have arm fins or something like them (check out Vormus in the series), so it's not necessary to leave out the arm fins on Keldor.

Also, I think they will follow the same formula for Keldor that was used in 200X--that is Skeletor wears the same armor as Keldor but with bones worked into the design (a difference too minor to matter for the toy) and with exposed feet (to add to his monstrous appearance). If MOTUC Keldor is wearing different shin-guards than those worn by Skeletor, they've departed from the formula. They might do that, but they don't have to.

I think this is funny as MGM and I were discussing the way they could bring him in using existing parts. I like the idea of using the Stratos feet with the standard Skeletor buck. I just hope the cape is not connected to the armor itself as I would like to see Skeletor use it as well, because I have a feeling the armor will be another color i.e. silver crossbones or other highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    I just hope the cape is not connected to the armor itself as I would like to see Skeletor use it as well,
    Yeah, but Skeletor wearing a cape isn't a bad thing...

I want a cape for Skeletor, but all capes seem to be part of the armor. I would love to have as a seperate piece to use with Ol' Skullface. If they give us 3 heads I think MGM will borrow one of Tallstar's passing out clips.

I'm SO excited for Keldor! He's probably my most anticipated figure!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Trap Jaw style boots (painted purple) would also work well for Keldor. Combine them with a Faker style body, and with Skeletor's armor and you have a winner.
    Good call! I never even considered different boots; those lower Trap Jaw legs would look perfect! Really would make him stand out a little more as Keldor and not a total repaint of Skeletor (not that I mind that, either).

Here's what I'm hoping for:

- 200X dual sword
    - Perhaps a shorter Havoc Staff? Seems too much to ask.
    - The HEADS. They rocked so much. I really wanted that exclusive!

That stuff would be good for me, but I would love to see some innovation go into it with the use of Trappy's lower legs for the boots. Heck, I'd also like to see the harness redone to mimick the 200X look, rather than just repaint the existing one, but if we're already hoping for extra heads 'n such then this guy will start to get costly with more new stuff.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i have the 200x keldor but i want a MOTUC keldor.

i want him to have:
    melting head(keldro head is obvious, ne need for skeletor head for me)
    twin blades
    cape

give him trapjaw boots w stratos feet
    faker's body
    skeletor's armor
    havoc staff
    acid vile(of course)
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I might be in the minority, but I'm not jazzed about the use of Trap-Jaw's boots for Keldor ... I'd almost rather see the He-Ro/Zodak boots used - even those feet would be fine.

Ultimately, though, I think the regular Skeletor shin-guards with either Stratos or He-Ro feet would be fine, but I'd like to not see the regular Skeletor feet. I can almost see them using the regular "furry" boots for Keldor, since most of the "human" characters have them.

For me, he needs:

1. Keldor head
    2. dual 200x-style swords
    3. different feet (Stratos' would be easy and would look fine)
    4. the vial we saw in the teaser pics from the art show, since it seems pretty clear we'd be getting it

I'd like to see:

1. different forearms - they could use the regular Skeletor ones, but I'd rather see them use Tri-Klops'/Randor's
    2. "melting" head - but it's not necessary for me, I'd always display the Keldor head

I think they'll reuse the regular Skeletor armor and loincloth, and I'm cool with that personally. I'd rather not see a cape unless it's removable.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I'm not jazzed about the use of Trap-Jaw's boots for Keldor ... I'd almost rather see the He-Ro/Zodak boots used - even those feet would be fine.

The reason I prefer Trap-Jaw's boots over He-Ro's is because in the MYP cartoon (and the 200x figure), we see that his boots/shinguards have spikes on them. Trap-Jaw's boots have spikes on the front, which (in my opinion) makes them a better fit for the character.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 11, 2010 at 01:48am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I want Keldor to have:
    -Twin blades
    -Cape
    -Vial
    -Burnt Head
    -Boots (Statos)
    -New Armor without the crossbones
    -Human forearms

This is with Faker forearms and Stratos feet (still needs painting):

And this is an impression with a cape:

So Skeletor has a cape too:

I'm also in the camp that likes the idea for re-using Trap-Jaw's boots on Keldor. However, I think we'll end up getting Skeletor's shins with Stratos' feet... which is cool by me as well! I'm just happy to see signs of getting him this year!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Either way works for me. I would like to see Matty put more of an effort in making Keldor and Skeletor unique from each other. I would like to see Keldor more human looking than Skeletor with the long fingernails and bare feet. I would even be ok with Zodak's and Hordak's gloves. Trapjaw's boots would work nice and I would lean toward those, but I think they will go with his original boots and Strato's feet.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Unless Mattel plays it ultra cheap, like they normally do with 200X characters.
    Wait, cheap?

I'm no Mattel apologist, but cheap?

There haven't been many 200x in MOTUC, but I wouldn't call Zodak cheap. Re-used parts...just like 80% of MOTUC, and we DID get glow in the dark tattoos.

And we're getting Kronis.

And MOTUC began w King Grayskull, who's sword we eventually got.

As a 200x lover, I am pretty happy with how Mattel has worked some of the designs into MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/MOTU0036.jpg

I would love to see the MOTUC Keldor come with a floating skull somehow.
    Bro! Where'd you get that skull?
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 11, 2010 at 11:50am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Personally, I hope they don't use Stratos' feet. I'm just not a fan of their appearance at all, even on Stratos. I feel they look too much like slippers or mannequin feet.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Keldor was my absolute favorite figure in the 200x toy line. So, the idea of getting Keldor in Classics is really exciting to me. I love the burning head, so I hope we get that again for sure.

Like others have said, this is a great chance to give us both Keldor and 200x Skeletor in the same figure, so I really hope Mattel takes the opportunity. Part of me is thinking they won't, though, and we'll just get a Classics Skeletor body with a few new heads/accessories and a cape.

And to be honest, I won't be entirely dissapointed if that is what happens, as he'll still look good I think. But if they take advantage of giving us everything we need to display Keldor or 200x Skeletor, then this might be up for one of the best figures in the line, IMO!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Keldor was my absolute favorite figure in the 200x toy line. So, the idea of getting Keldor in Classics is really exciting to me. I love the burning head, so I hope we get that again for sure.

Like others have said, this is a great chance to give us both Keldor and 200x Skeletor in the same figure, so I really hope Mattel takes the opportunity. Part of me is thinking they won't, though, and we'll just get a Classics Skeletor body with a few new heads/accessories and a cape.

And to be honest, I won't be entirely dissapointed if that is what happens, as he'll still look good I think. But if they take advantage of giving us everything we need to display Keldor or 200x Skeletor, then this might be up for one of the best figures in the line, IMO!
    I couldn't agree more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Wait, cheap?

I'm no Mattel apologist, but cheap?

There haven't been many 200x in MOTUC, but I wouldn't call Zodak cheap. Re-used parts...just like 80% of MOTUC, and we DID get glow in the dark tattoos.
    I would. Mattel cuts serious corners bringing 200X figures to fans. Which isn't a complain, but an observation. Mattel can't afford to go as detail rich toward any 200X details like they do with stuff from the original line.

Zodak has no unhelmeted head. The only thing new on him was the staff.

Keldor might even have Skeletor feet. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

As a 200x lover, I am pretty happy with how Mattel has worked some of the designs into MOTUC.
    I'm glad too. Just wish it were on the level of the vintage characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I would. Mattel cuts serious corners bringing 200X figures to fans. Which isn't a complain, but an observation. Mattel can't afford to go as detail rich toward any 200X details like they do with stuff from the original line.

Zodak has no unhelmeted head. The only thing new on him was the staff.

Keldor might even have Skeletor feet. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I'm glad too. Just wish it were on the level of the vintage characters.
    Fair enough.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Bro! Where'd you get that skull?
    It is from a Marvel Legends "Ghost Rider" figure. It had flames coming off the top and back of it but I was able to sand them down and shape it with a Dremel. Then I used a clear plastic stand from a Star Wars Sith Probe Droid figure as the neck peg.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    It is from a Marvel Legends "Ghost Rider" figure. It had flames coming off the top and back of it but I was able to sand them down and shape it with a Dremel. Then I used a clear plastic stand from a Star Wars Sith Probe Droid figure as the neck peg.
    Thanks! I have a new project...

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I definitely would like Keldor with 2 or 3 different heads : the "acid head", 200x Skeletor head and... Alcala's Skeletor head !

Believe it or not, but every time I see Nano Fatato's avatar (MOTUC Skeletor with Alcala's head), I'm drooling all over !

If Keldor has a cape, please notice it will be made in plastic, though...

And no worry for his acid phial... we know he'll have it at least !

Now, what kind nof sword should Keldor have ? The traditional Skeletor sword, or the 200x sword ?

Gbagok, your MOTUC Keldor mock up looks like what I'd like to get !

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    I did my own take on a Keldor-head so it's exciting for me how they might portay the official humanoid MOTUC-style Keldor-head

-------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

My hopes for Keldor:

-the 200X spli-sword (must be able to join as the original did!)
    -Vial of Acid (Check!)
    -Cape
    -Three (3) Heads: Keldor, Acid-Burning-Melty-Face, and Unhooded Skeletor
    -Accurate Armor
    -Accurate footwear (even the Stratos/booties feet would work for me)
    -Accurate Hands (Human/He-Man)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

WWMOTU LOL.

Triple K and Skele-Taker

If they do give him an unhooded head, I really hope he doesn't have that floating skull.

It completely contradicts the Laser Light Skeletor toy and 2 of his New Adventures figures, which established that only his face is burnt off. The rest of the flesh on his head is intact.