Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keldor Discussion Thread

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    He doesn't need fancy boots, just Stratos's feet on the regular Skeletor buck. I want him to look like this:
    Great mock-up! It just makes me want a new Keldor figure even more now!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's not quite accurate. He's half human. He's half Gar. Blue skin...
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but where is it stated Classics Keldor is half Gar? Because while Skeletor's bio mentions he is Randor's half-brother, it mentions nothing about race.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Boots, no, I don't want him to have boots, I want his 5 toed feet.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    If they do give him an unhooded head, I really hope he doesn't have that floating skull.

It completely contradicts the Laser Light Skeletor toy and 2 of his New Adventures figures, which established that only his face is burnt off. The rest of the flesh on his head is intact.
    Good thing this isn't NA.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 12, 2010 at 12:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Great mock-up gbagok. I think it will be interesting to see how different Keldor is to the standard Skeletor buck. I admit I would probably prefer non-fin arms. Different armour would be cool (I'm sure the 4-horsemen will do a great job), but Im not expecting it.

Time will tell. Can't be too far away from the reveal now...
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I was just watching this a few days ago! I actually like the way Evil-Lyn is dressed there better (except for the lack of helmet) than her "standard" 200X look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Good thing this isn't NA.
    The first appearance of his unhooded head was not on the New Adventures figures, but on the vintage MOTU Laser Light Skeletor figure.

And anyway, thanks to Optikk NA is now part of MOTUC. People have to start getting used to it. Those NA Skeletor's will be included in this line, sooner or later.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 12, 2010 at 03:22pm.

A Keldor figure could have alot of acessories. SWEET!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

See, there's another good reason for the Trap Jaw boots. It's not exact, but it's dang close!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    MGM thats the expression I want my Keldor figure to have, SMUG GIT!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

That looks about right to me
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If you can make 200X Skeletor from using Keldor's accessories on normal Skeletor, we wouldn't need to come out with a 200X Skeletor release.

You kill two birds with one big stone.
    If they're going to do Keldor, then they should do KELDOR rather than half-arsing a 200X Skeletor (as they did last time), when the designs are really quite different and it wouldn't take much more of a budget. A new head, new armour (sans bones, plus cape), the vial we've seen, the double-sword and maybe a second, melty, head isn't a ridiculous list for new tooling.

Add He-Man/Faker arms and those Trap-Jaw boots that have been identified as approximating his cartoon boots and you have a half-decent pre-transformation (*sigh* merging with "Demo-Man"...) Keldor.

(And given the DM thing, it makes even less sense for Keldor to have Skeletor forearms or feet.)

Basically, it would be less "killing two birds with one big stone", more "aiming for one, giving it a flesh wound, and hitting a different bird you weren't aiming for". All they would achieve would be to stop themselves making money on a separate 200X Skelly release...
    Last edited by Reboot; January 12, 2010 at 08:11pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    second head as a 200x skeletor head or different paint job. must have boots & a cape thats removable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    If they're going to do Keldor, then they should do KELDOR rather than half-arsing a 200X Skeletor (as they did last time), when the designs are really quite different and it wouldn't take much more of a budget. A new head, new armour (sans bones, plus cape), the vial we've seen, the double-sword and maybe a second, melty, head isn't a ridiculous list for new tooling.

Add He-Man/Faker arms and those Trap-Jaw boots that have been identified as approximating his cartoon boots and you have a half-decent pre-transformation (*sigh* merging with "Demo-Man"...) Keldor.

(And given the DM thing, it makes even less sense for Keldor to have Skeletor forearms or feet.)

Basically, it would be less "killing two birds with one big stone", more "aiming for one, giving it a flesh wound, and hitting a different bird you weren't aiming for". All they would achieve would be to stop themselves making money on a separate 200X Skelly release...
    If the fans want a 200X Skeletor...

I see where you're coming from. But I'm not expecting too much "correct detail" from a MOTUC Keldor. After all, Zodak and King Grayskull have been fudged to be in the Classic-style, as if they've been done in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I see where you're coming from. But I'm not expecting too much "correct detail" from a MOTUC Keldor. After all, Zodak and King Grayskull have been fudged to be in the Classic-style, as if they've been done in the 80's.
    KG had different (and unique to date) armour, an individual head, and unique boots. In terms of the figure itself, that's two *more* unique pieces (boots) than I suggested for Keldor - the He-Man arms and TJ boots wouldn't be bang-on, just an "okay" fudge ala the He-Ro and Hordak bits Zodak ended up with - and the equivalent of the boot tooling could be used for the double-sword.

[I'm not bothered about a second (let alone third!) head - the 200X toy "melty" head went a LOT further than the cartoon suggested/showed, after all.]

For me Keldor will be the bonus AF to SDCC!!

In June, is Keldor or She-ra the subscription figure?

Anyone has a quote or source about this?

Toy Fans,

Without further ado, here are some of the toys that will rock your collector world in 2010!

Masters of the Universe® Classics (MattyCollector.com Exclusives)
    Evil Lyn® (April Figure) — comes with Screeech pet bird, bird perch, bird armor, knife, wand, and staff, and both the wand and staff have swappable head-piece orb.

Optikk™ (May Figure) — comes with alternate color eyeball head, cosmic blaster, and photon neutralizer

Tytus™ (May Figure) — 12” figure comes with capture claw, and will retail for $40.00 due to large size

She-Ra™ (June Figure) — comes with sword, shield, and alternate head with removable, swappable mask

Keldor™ (June Figure) — comes with cape, split-apart sword, and “acid” vial

Count Marzo™ (July Figure) — comes with amulet and sword

Gygor™ (September Figure) — larger figure comes with axe and removable cape and helmet

Look at the Fwoosh interview thread. Keldor's not showing up before September, because the Sep monthly figure is looking a tad dicey as to whether it'll be ready on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post

She-Ra™ (June Figure) — comes with sword, shield, and alternate head with removable, swappable mask

I don't have a quote, but I seem to recall reading the other night that Keldor was a bonus figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Look at the Fwoosh interview thread. Keldor's not showing up before September, because the Sep monthly figure is looking a tad dicey as to whether it'll be ready on time.
    ...but since there's apparently a hiccup in the process, maybe not.
    Last edited by josh; February 16, 2010 at 11:00pm. Reason: Link to quote added

I hope there is a hiccup and Keldor is rolled into the regular figure slot. Anything to keep from having to go online again for bonus items.

I hope he stays June, the sooner I get him and Marzo, the sooner I can be done with Matty/DR/Online shenanigans.

Besides, if there is a later hiccup, it would be the next quarter figure that would be slotted in. Not that I'd take it as gospel, but if Matty's own site says June, it's likely June.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; February 16, 2010 at 09:35pm.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don't have a quote--
    I did find the quote! Over at figures.com... "She-Ra (with interchangeable heads and removable tiara) Club Eternia-June"

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope they make enough. Keldor is going to sell well. I know that as he is, I will be getting 3. One MOC, one as Keldor and another to put Skeletor parts on to get the cape added.

I can't wait for this figure!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I did find the quote! Over at figures.com... "She-Ra (with interchangeable heads and removable tiara) Club Eternia-June"
    Thanks Josh!