Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monstroid speculation thread !

Heroic Warrior

Monstroid speculation thread !

Dear He-Fans and She-Ravers,

We know that Mattel decided to produce some "large scale beasts". It came to my mind that, as far as steeds and Monsters go, the biggest we had in the 80's MOTU line was Monstroid (and the dinosaurs, agreed) !

He's not a vehicle, nor a steed... he's just a monster ! The words "large scale beast" fit him perfectly !

So I was wondering... Do you think we might have a Monstroid at some point in Master of The Universe Classics ?

Of course, I don't expect a Monstroid to have its action feature, since Mattel said there would be NO action feature. But it would still make a cool creature for our collection, in my opinion... and a good friend for Clawful, Beastman and/or Mer Man !

What do you think ?

I love Monstroid and have two of them to fill out my developing Horde army, but I would be surprised if he were produced for MOTUC. Heck I want all the dinosaurs remade while we are at it.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I agree, all the dinosaurs would be ultra cool, included... Gigantisaur ! Man, I really want that one !

I believe they might make an articulated Monstroid with no problem... And knowing the talent of the 4 Horsemen, I am absolutely CERTAIN I would buy their Monstroid !

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    The original Monstroid looked dumb (What was that thing's backstory anyway?!) but I'll buy anything Horde, so I'd get at least one if it came out in MOTUC, I know they'd make it cool!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    A new sculpt for Monstroid based on the classic art would be awesome. Ill buy one without no doubt.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    It must be said that the "dumb" or rather clumsy aspect of the eighties Monstroid was due mainly to his action feature and his "pot belly".

But I do believe the 4 Horsemen should be able to make him look much cooler, since there shoudln't be any action feature this time around...

Heroic Warrior

Monstroid in MOTUC Discussion

I don't know if the discussion has been brought up in regards to beasts & oversized figures, but I was wondering how Monstroid would be done in MOTUC. I never had him in the vintage line & would love to see him show up in the line sooner that later. Hordak could use the help.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm afraid it has been discussed, grenada.

I found the old Monstroid thread up in the MOTUC Index, which is stickied at the top of this forum.

The Official Monstroid Thread
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 8, 2011 at 09:34pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm afraid it has been discussed, grenada.

I found the old Monstroid thread up in the MOTUC Index, which is stickied at the top of this forum.

The Official Monstroid Thread
    Thanks. I put Monstroid as a key search word for past treads, but nothing came up.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Thanks. I put Monstroid as a key search word for past treads, but nothing came up.
    You're welcome. Sometimes threads are so obscure that fans haven't added any tags to them. The MOTUC Index fixes that because it'll have every thread devoted to a subject, place, character, weapon or thing under one umbrella.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I would love a Classics Monstroid!

He would be huge!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I've added tags to this thread.

Hey grenadaspace, I got the threads merged for you. If you use the search feature and search for thread titles instead of tags, it'll garner better results for you.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've added tags to this thread.
    But not the right one

[Seriously, the most common Horde tag is just "horde". You're the only one to have tagged (two) threads "evil horde", and "the evil horde" (which you've put here) is even more of an outlier. The tagging system's unforgiving of things like typos, plurals and adjectives - it only works if everyone uses exactly the same set of tags. Doubly so if there's more than one accurate name...]

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    But not the right one

[Seriously, the most common Horde tag is just "horde". You're the only one to have tagged (two) threads "evil horde", and "the evil horde" (which you've put here) is even more of an outlier. The tagging system's unforgiving of things like typos, plurals and adjectives - it only works if everyone uses exactly the same set of tags. Doubly so if there's more than one accurate name...]
    Reboot, you need to be my Editor.

I love this thing.

I always thought Sy-Klone was an odd character for the box art. That guy can spin into a tornado...and the slight spinning of Monstroid affects him?

If he is made...I hope he looks like the box art...that would be one helluva beast!
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; February 9, 2011 at 09:08am.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I love the classic artwork. He is very menazing monster. I hope he can grab figures easily with his claws.

Also he must have a loose "head" in order to make him easy to rotate, but also, have the option of "block" the figure just for display purposes.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    This is my favorite depiction of the Monstroid:

Props to Odrakir who posted this and several other wallpaper-sized classic MOTU masterpieces in the original series forum. That Monstroid pic has been my wallpaper on my laptop for quite a while now.

I'd totally love one in MOTUC. It was one of the very, very few things I didn't have as a kid. Spydor was my favorite thing.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Hey Marzo that is a cool artwork! We really need more original art to support MOTUC.

I could never get my Monstroid to hold figures at their waist (like poor Rio-Blast above), only their arms and legs.

This is definitely a cool Evil Horde monster-machine and deserves a slot in MOTUC.

PS. It is great to see a thread from my ol' buddy Spectror again!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm sure the Horsemen could make him an impressive monster, but I have to wonder if there's a real possibility of getting him. We got Gygor because he could also provide the molds for a shadow beast. Monstroid would be pretty much a one shot deal; I can't think of anything else that would make use of the molds.

A distinct mold for a regular figure like Ram Man seems an obstacle; a one use mold for something as big as Monstroid might give Mattel pause. I hope not, because the same would apply to many other creatures like the POG dinos, and I'd like to see all of the above made.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

mini-monstroid

I saw this toy in stores and then I saw a review of it today.
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/201...ot-police.html

does anyone else instantly think that this looks like an updated, albeit smaller, version of monstroid?? I think I need to make some imaginext MOTU customs now lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey Extendor going in that pic, come back, they could change his name to Defector.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I would rather have Roton. Not that's a choice but in the big 3 "Black & Red buggy monster/vehicle" family of MOTU badthings, I like Spydor (too much for now), Roton (just right), followed by Monstroid, which I never saw in real life.

But sure, yeah, I'd buy one, and it's on the outside of likely.

I'm sure if the money holds strong, nearly everything will get released eventually, short of Playsets.

But again, given the choice I'd rather have a number of things before Monstroid, but I believe he is a pretty solid candidate.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    far from my top 10 wants.