Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Adora Video Review by Pixel Dan

Fantastic review, Pixel Dan. I was looking forward to this one and it didn;t disappoint.

GREAT review as always PD! She does look AMAZING and I cannot wait till Friday!!!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Great review Dan. Good start for 2010! Can't wait til I get her.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    It woulda been nice if you mentioned how her power sword wasn't painted two tone like He-Mans (grey hilt/silver blade) since it's supposed to be a clone of it.

I'm hoping that Mattel paints She-Ras blade two toned similar to He-Mans and just for continuity they make Adams all silver like Adoras
    That was something that bugged me too, so I asked Mattel in Round 28 of the Q&A's about it. They said they thought it was a great idea and they would try and change it for She-Ra's sword.

Hey Dan, when can we expect to see a Battle Armor He-Man review?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Thank you a ton for the review, Dan! I can't wait until Friday!

Nice touch with Hordak at the end, and He-Man handing Adora her sword.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Exellent review Pixel Dan. Loved the use of the PoP music and She-Ra transformation.

Can you show a picture of Adora riding Battle Cat, just to give an idea of how she'll look on Spirit/Swift Wind?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Hey Dan, when can we expect to see a Battle Armor He-Man review?
    I'm planning to get that one done tonight. Then, it's on to Trap-Jaw!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Exellent review Pixel Dan. Loved the use of the PoP music and She-Ra transformation.

Can you show a picture of Adora riding Battle Cat, just to give an idea of how she'll look on Spirit/Swift Wind?
    Yep! I'll try to snap a picture of that tonight!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 12, 2010 at 11:38am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    You rock, my friend!

One (made-up) word, prophesized. It's not a word. I posted this multiple times on the boards, and even sent toy guru a pm about it, yet there it is, in all it's misprinted glory.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    One (made-up) word, prophesized. It's not a word. I posted this multiple times on the boards, and even sent toy guru a pm about it, yet there it is, in all it's misprinted glory.
    Wow...you're right. I just looked the word up, and it's not in the dictionary. Crazy.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Well, you noticed, so I guess I didn't have to mention it.
    I only harp on your reviews cuz I figure Mattel and the 4H and anyone in some control of the brand watch them as well as us and any critiques you can pass along that they'd see would be better for all of the fans in the end

Wow...you're right. I just looked the word up, and it's not in the dictionary. Crazy.
    Prophecy(proff-es-see)-noun
    Prophesy(proff-es-sigh)-verb
    Prophesized-McDonalds super sized prophecy.

Hahaha. I would expect nothing less! If one can't spell, surely they can just make up words, right? I think that's how it works.

I wonder if by 2012 the line will be allowed the privilege of having someone roof read things?

Nah.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's prophesied.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophesied

Either that, or it's one big prophecy!

Much like Mattel misspelled descendants on the Grayskull plaque.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 12, 2010 at 11:58am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Great review and shots! Thank you! Now I REALLY can't wait for her to arrive!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's prophesied.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophesied

Much like Mattel misspelled descendants on the Grayskull plaque.
    Prophezised is a word, although some style guides and dictionaries exclude it. Merriam-Webster dates the word to 1848. It's the inflected form of the verb prophesize.
    Most printed dictionaries are just way to small to include every word, in all their forms, and few online ones are complete.

Great review! I'm happy you were able to get her before she was released. Just when I thought I was looking forward to Evil-Lyn more, I think I might have to change my mind to Adora.

Well considering there was a time when all the words we use weren't in existence, who's to say that isn't a word? They add new definitions to Webster's all the time.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    You may be right about prophesized. Microsoft Word recognizes it as a real word spelled correctly. Touche!

PixelDan: About Adora's clothes, are they a plastic or a rubber? Do you have an JLU figures? Is it like their rubber capes/dresses? I hope not, because they collect dust something fierce.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSchenstrom View Post
    Prophezised is a word, although some style guides and dictionaries exclude it. Merriam-Webster dates the word to 1848. It's the inflected form of the verb prophesize.
    Most printed dictionaries are just way to small to include every word, in all their forms, and few online ones are complete.
    Are you sure about that? Why would there be the word prophesy, and prophesize, when they mean the exact same thing?

"Go and prophesy."

"He prophesied."

In other words, why would they make up a different way of spelling a word that already existed? King James Bible, translated in 1811 (I believe) has it, prophesy. I don't know, maybe you're right. It just seems alot redundant to me though.

Aniway, Adorah looks grate doughn't shee!?

Sometimes I really hate you Dan But Mattel loves you. Damn you already have Trap-Jaw? First BC now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    PixelDan: About Adora's clothes, are they a plastic or a rubber? Do you have an JLU figures? Is it like their rubber capes/dresses? I hope not, because they collect dust something fierce.
    Nope, it's not rubber like the DCU stuff. It's plastic. Just a softer plastic than Teela's was, but not too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Sometimes I really hate you Dan But Mattel loves you. Damn you already have Trap-Jaw? First BC now this.
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...errr...have MOTUC!

Yeah, I was surprised to see Trap-Jaw in the box with the others. I was hoping to surprise you guys with that review, but then AFI put pictures of him up this morning so I figured I better just tell you guys I have him before I get asked. I've got a set of the new stands too. So, that review will be up this week as well!

Yeesh...four MOTUC reviews in one week! I'm going to be busy!!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 12, 2010 at 12:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Are you sure about that? Why would there be the word prophesy, and prophesize, when they mean the exact same thing?

"Go and prophesy."

"He prophesied."

In other words, why would they make up a different way of spelling a word that already existed? King James Bible, translated in 1811 (I believe) has it, prophesy. I don't know, maybe you're right. It just seems alot redundant to me though.

Aniway, Adorah looks grate doughn't shee!?
    Fairly sure, yes:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Prophesize

I think it's quite simply that being such a large language, there's bound to be lots of similar and redundant words, and developments over time.

And on topic: She looks fine although a little plain. I'm waiting for the She-Ra-version. I'm happy that PoP-fans are going to get some new figs except for She-Ra, since the original line.

She is everything I dreamed she'd be! Thanks for the wonderful review, Dan! I'm going to be dying inside with agony waiting for her to arrive next week!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Excellent review as always! Adora looks incredible. I'm not bothered by the skirt anymore. After seeing the review, I can actually tell that it's a skirt and not granny panties.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"