Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Adora Video Review by Pixel Dan

Yeah, "granny panties" is so December 2009 anyway.

Great review once again Dan. I'm glad to hear she's not a bobble head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to see Trap-Jaw in the box with the others. I was hoping to surprise you guys with that review, but then AFI put pictures of him up this morning so I figured I better just tell you guys I have him before I get asked. I've got a set of the new stands too. So, that review will be up this week as well!

Yeesh...four MOTUC reviews in one week! I'm going to be busy!!
    I know everyone is anxious to see your reviews. Well you at least have my permission to eat, sleep, and take care of your general hygiene needs before getting to your reviews...But no free time. Reviews come before that.

NICE! PD your review is great as usual! I can't wait to get Adora!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    She is everything I dreamed she'd be! Thanks for the wonderful review, Dan! I'm going to be dying inside with agony waiting for her to arrive next week!
    Yup. We're ordering her on Friday, so orders will sit until Monday.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I keep falling in love with Adora... friday seems so far...

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Great review, thanks Dan!
    I'm wondering if can it be possible a soft plastic hair for the future...with long hair, She-Ra not will move up, nor left/right...
    I seen that Adora has differents articulations on her arms, it's not the same of Teela, this make possible to have different pose?
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

I know Mattel isn't going to give us rooted hair(probably not very cost effective and they'd probably be too nervous to deviate from their idea of the MOTU demographic) but Pixel Dan's idea of having a second head with rooted hair is a great idea! I'd be real curious to see what that would look like.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I know Mattel isn't going to give us rooted hair(probably not very cost effective and they'd probably be too nervous to deviate from their idea of the MOTU demographic) but Pixel Dan's idea of having a second head with rooted hair is a great idea! I'd be real curious to see what that would look like.
    Ummm, not to me.... I prefer other accessories type...

EDIT: ooooh finally someone show Adora without Horde Captain belt!!! Thanks again Dan!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Nope, it's not rubber like the DCU stuff. It's plastic. Just a softer plastic than Teela's was, but not too soft.
    YAY! That's fantastic news! Hugs for everyone!

YES! We definitely SHOULD get a second, rooted head for every PoP figure. Alas, we will not because of excuses by Mattel. The vendor they use for MOTUC does not have the ability to root hair, they would have to switch vendors which would delay MOTUC, yadda, yadda, yadda. However, Mattel didn't REALLY express why they can't have them made where they make Barbies and do a heads-only boxset. They only said "oh, shipping, China, etc." This is the case for EVERYTHING they make!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 12, 2010 at 01:17pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Well, thank you Pixel Dan for your great review !

I particularly appreciated the stress about her not being a bobblehead, and about her torso turning more smoothly !

Now, we'll have to remain cautious, and see what happens once we unpack our beloved princess...

I hope and pray we won't see any QC issue.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I'm all against rooted hair. It doesn't go well with articulated bodies, gets stuck in the ball joints and doesn't really fit the style of MOTUC. I LOVE Adora's hair. I think it's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Thanks Pixel Dan!! Great Review!

Say, can i borrow Adora until Friday?

(rocks back and forth, must make it to the Adora support group fast)
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

The skirt does not bother me anymore! Now when I see it, it looks acceptable.

The figure is gorgeous! I'll bet she will sell out fast... Thank goodness I've got the subscription, for once! She'll be my first subscribed fig!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Wish I could see the reviews while I'm at work (stupid filters....grrrrr...)

Looking forward to seeing the reviews for BA He-Man, Trap Jaw and the stands!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Something I feel I should mention here, because I've already received a few e-mails asking...

I cannot share the music track in this video. I apologize. If I could, I definitely would. But I was asked not to, so I must stick to my word. Hope you guys understand.

Anyway, I am glad you are all enjoying the review. BAttle Armor He-Man is on the editing boards now. As soon as I get off work, I'll finish the editing and get it uploaded. Should be live this evening some time.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    What a great review. I'm excited about Adora. In the games I play with my daughters, Adora is going to be on Hordak's team for the next few months until She-Ra is released. She looked great posed with Hordak towards the end of the video.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    You may be right about prophesized. Microsoft Word recognizes it as a real word spelled correctly.
    Of course it does. It's a perfectly cromulent word.

As for Adora, I hope I don't get any cooties from owning her. I hope she's had her shots.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    As for Adora, I hope I don't get any cooties from owning her. I hope she's had her shots.
    I would be more worried about Beastman. "The Original" Special Rabid Edition: Catch the Fever!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I heard that when she was a part of the Horde, they provided H1N1 and Cootie shots for all of their employees. So, you should be safe.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks again Dan. You can make a figure for me go from "I look forward to it" to "I must have it"

But as I have said in the Trap Jaw discussion thread, Screw BA He-Man, give us the Trap Jaw review first

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Hahaha. I would expect nothing less! If one can't spell, surely they can just make up words, right? I think that's how it works.

I wonder if by 2012 the line will be allowed the privilege of having someone roof read things?

Nah.
    Hopefully you meant the "roof read" typo as a joke, because if not, ouch. Anyhow, I'm almost thinking of getting two of her now, but I'll probably just stick with the one I'm going to open. To me they are more fun open and with how many people keep things sealed these days, I doubt they'll ever be worth a ton. Especially now, with Mattel reissuing the fast sellout figures.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Thanks for the review Dan, I'm excited for this figure!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Pixel Dan, do you know if you're going to be getting a Wun-Dar before the rest of us? I'd love to see a review but considering he's pretty much a repaint and those without subscriptions will have to resort to Ebay to get him anyway, I wasn't sure if Mattel would be sending you one.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Great review as always PD! I always look forward to your reviews. It hypes me up for the figure even when I'm not looking forward to the character such as Zodac.

I'm still not pleased with the skirt and I feel that the Horsemen could have done something to cut it in a different way to make it at least appear to be closer to the cartoon.

Pixel Dan, do you know if you're going to be getting a Wun-Dar before the rest of us? I'd love to see a review but considering he's pretty much a repaint and those without subscriptions will have to resort to Ebay to get him anyway, I wasn't sure if Mattel would be sending you one.
    Good question! I second this question. I would think no, because Mattel doesn't really need to sell him to anyone. They sold him almost a year ago when everyone bought the sub.

About the review: I think this is your best one to date! You addressed everyone's concerns, have her in wicked cool poses, show her with her family and her adopted father/kidnapper/arch-nemesis. Hordak is a lot of things to her.

In another thread I said I would get 5 of her if money was no option to me, so I'm getting two. After seeing your review...I have to find a way to get 5.

Also, special note: Adora's loincloth looks the best I have EVER seen it in your video. It does look more skirt/panties like it's supposed to. I thin a lot of the unflattering look is due to lighting/shadows.