Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOTUC Adora Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    -Her face is still awful and nowhere near the perfection of the prototype, IMO

-Her "granny panties"/skirt part is still a bit too big and bulky looking
    Agreed! I was gonna purchase Adora,but her face sculpt is so-so compared to the beautiful face on the prototype! I'm gonna have to pass on her and just buy Beast Man this time around.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    Agreed! I was gonna purchase Adora,but her face sculpt is so-so compared to the beautiful face on the prototype! I'm gonna have to pass on her and just buy Beast Man this time around.
    Her face is basically the same as SDCC. The main difference is her head no longer sits so high up on her neck and it's painted white. Take a look at some comparison pics I combined:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Aside from the neck,the overall face still looks waaay different to me!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's a requested pic:
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hi Dan,

does Adora's dress allow any up/down - torso movement?

I already asked this before, but I guess the question got lost under all the other posts.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Hi Dan,

does Adora's dress allow any up/down - torso movement?

I already asked this before, but I guess the question got lost under all the other posts.

Heidi
    Nope. I don't think the female's even have the torso articulation built for up/down movement. The waist twist is all we really get.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    2) Bow didn't have rooted hair and Teela didn't either because it was short. If Teela had long hair on the original toy, I'm positive it would have been rooted.
    Teela would NEVER have had rooted hair in the 1980's toyline no matter how long her hair was!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Teela would NEVER have had rooted hair in the 1980's toyline no matter how long her hair was!
    No.

All Filmation Ghostbusters figures by Shaper had rooted hair:

http://www.tons-of-toys.com/item_ima...se_jessica.jpg

New Adventures of He-Man Battle Blade Skeletor had rooted hair:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...letor_back.jpg

If any other MOTU figures HAD long hair, it would have been rooted. Please use the appropriate thread for this discussion:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=182794

This is my last post regarding this issue in this thread. It all belongs in the link I posted.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

This line is MOTU - Feel lucky POP characters are appearing in it AT ALL casue this will probably never happen again.

Comments like this make me see red. Listen bub, let's respect one another's rights to support our favorite toyline. Just because this website is called He-Man.org doesn't mean any of us She-Ra fans are LUCKY to be seeing any more She-Ra toys....or that are opinions aren't worth hearing. YOU are just as lucky to be seeing any more He-Man toys, don't forget that. And YOUR opinions about said toys are just as potentially frivolous as ours. So show some respect because this might be the last time YOU ever get to put down cash for a He-Man figure too! And wouldn't that be so sad...

Anyways...the shot of Adora on Battle Cat is quite cool. But again, her hunched head is annoying. Geez that sword looks nice. Will I get her? Will I not get her?

I think I'm going to hold off until She-Ra, and then maybe backtrack. Thanks again Dan for all the answers and pictures, you're a pal to all us eager beavers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Here's a requested pic:
    Thanks Pixel Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Nope. I don't think the female's even have the torso articulation built for up/down movement. The waist twist is all we really get.
    This picture makes it LOOK like she should be able to tilt left, right and up and down a little bit. She's on a ball-jointed stomach (Tallstar's pics):

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    This line is MOTU - Feel lucky POP characters are appearing in it AT ALL casue this will probably never happen again.

Comments like this make me see red. Listen bub, let's respect one another's rights to support our favorite toyline. Just because this website is called He-Man.org doesn't mean any of us She-Ra fans are LUCKY to be seeing any more She-Ra toys....or that are opinions aren't worth hearing. YOU are just as lucky to be seeing any more He-Man toys, don't forget that. And YOUR opinions about said toys are just as potentially frivolous as ours. So show some respect because this might be the last time YOU ever get to put down cash for a He-Man figure too! And wouldn't that be so sad...
    Hey I am a She-Ra fan too and I want them all made (ALL OF THEM). I had a good deal of POP toys as a child and *I* feel lucky POP has been included in this line. I think MOTUC is a unique circumstance that has materialized and all fans of the sub-lines should feel somewhat lucky that each line has been included because they easily could have been ignored and this could have been a MOTU only line with only key characters crossing over. Mattel has really taken a unususal (and amazingly fufilling) step IMHO in reintruducing all these characters under one banner. It is somewhat of a risk. And we ARE lucky that we have another He-Man line at all. I was hesitant to even get involved with another He-Man line after the 200x line/series was cancelled. I hate getting into something to have it pulled out from under me. I think Mattel is making the right decision on the POP heads in ensuring the success of this line.

I support rooted hair heads in a seperate box set. I really think that is the best way to go.

AuraBoyX, we have a thread for this issue. I think we should keep all comments and replies there:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=182794
    Hey guys...
    Let's go ahead and take any talk of rooted hair for females to the appropriate thread.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    oh Dan I forgot it: she hair is a unique piece with her head or attached like He-Man?
    (this is important to know how will be the She-Ra's face )
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Great review!! I love Adora!! But the sword with 200x design don't like..I hope with She-ra in a sword classic such as Filmation style!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    PoP Styleguide. That's where they got her. We pointed the guide out to Mattel, they said they didn't want to test the legal waters (basically), then they say they "discovered" art of her...and the picture in her bio is from the styleguide.
    Too many contradictions in that answer to me!

In fact her picture in the bio is from styleguide ....I think the was shamed to say that was not aware of that.
    Last edited by AlessandraF; January 14, 2010 at 12:56pm.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

This picture makes it LOOK like she should be able to tilt left, right and up and down a little bit. She's on a ball-jointed stomach (Tallstar's pics):
    Yes, those are the pictures I was thinking about when I asked the question.

It does seem like the articulation would allow up and down movement. I don't think the softer dress-material is going to do much good without that up and down movement. Rotating the torso left or right on the now-announced female-figures makes the dress look funny. I could imagine rotation working on women who have a skirt with a horizontal cut on it.

Heidi

EDIT: And thank you for the answer, Pixel Dan!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback