Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Battle Armor He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC Battle Armor He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys!

Next review this week is Battle Armor He-Man!

As always, I'll do my best to answer any additional questions! Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

YEAAAAAAAAAH, although I haven't watched the video review yet but YEEEEAH. Thank you!

Woo hoo! Didn't expect this one that soon! Thanks Dan!

Sallah

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Another great review, Dan!!!

I have to agree about the missing action feature. I really feel like they could've found a way to incorporate it into the figure. That said, this is still a fantastic figure and I can't wait to add him to my collection.

Excellent review thanks! Excellent figure. Totally agree about the missing action feature. Too bad they couldn't figure a solution for that one.

Cool! I look forward to - and appreciate - your reviews. Though the original He-Man figure is awesome (and required in any collection), I am really looking forward to this variant! I think most would agree with you that it would have been awesome if it worked like the vintage figure, but I'm just happy the line is doing so well that we get this super cool figure.

Seriously Dan. Your reviews are getting better and better. The no BS segment where you break things down by doing a live take was awesome. Seeing the armor taken off and on and watching someone click the plates in and out was so much more informative than a verbal or written description. Thanks for putting in the extra effort.

I think BA He-man looks awesome. I was planning on getting one already but after this review I may be nabbing two.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Great review Dan! I've literally been looking forward to it all day. Nice to see you switch out the armour and address fans' fragility concerns.

Question about loincloth: You said it's softer. Is it the same material as Adora's outfit is made out of? That would be pretty sweet.

P.S. I KNEW he was the best looking He-Man so far (facially/paint)! YAY!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 13, 2010 at 02:09am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really appreciate the fact that you are genuinly honest but still quite positive about the figures. Must be a bit harder since you do get them from Mattel, but its nice that you voice your opinion and remain unbiased. Great review.

Good review as usual. It's interesting the armor is a harder plastic. I'm looking forward to this figure!

To be honest, I'm not concerned about the lack of action feature, since we knew what we were getting going in. And taking off the armor doesn't seem THAT hard.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

This was definitely one of my most anticipated reviews. Thanks for actually showing us how well the armor snaps.

I had the original and BA He-Man as a kid so it is really hard for me to pick a favorite between them.

Maybe it was just my computer screen but his loin cloth and boots appeared to have a bit more red in them then the 1st release and reissue He-Man.

Thanks Pixel Dan, great review.

BA He-man was my my only He-Man as a kid, so I can't wait!

Out of interest, which out of the two armour styles is better in your opinion? The new (based on the old) snap together armour or the softer join together armour we have seen on King Randor, He-Ro etc?
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

THANKS Dan!

I appreciate your wonderful review as always. I was really anticipating this review because when I was a kid I did not even own a regular He-Man...just a BA He-Man. I am soooooooo excited for this figure it is UNREAL! I will be getting most likely more than 1 so that I do not have to change out his armor plate that often. I also appreciate that you took your time to show us how the armor "works" and explain how the plastic is a bit different. I am NOT A FAN of the tab system at all for the armor. I am super happy to hear that ALL the joints are tight. Maybe I won't have the glue his ankles.

THANKS AGAIN! I cannot wait for your TrapJaw review.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Good review, I appreciate the honesty that you were a little disappointed. I will be getting him but I will most likely only use the undamaged armor piece for display purposes. Heck I might even just get a second one for spare parts for my reissue since the ankle joints are tighter.

Man Pixel Dan reviews are always informative and awesome... thanks alot for this review!

Thank you for getting that up so quickly!!

He does look wonderful. I, too, am sad that he doesn't have his action feature.. it's kind of silly that they couldn't get tooling for that mechanism. They could have used if for BA Skeletor, and maybe another figure if they'd decided to make another BA style character.

ah well.

Anyway, good point about the lack of power sword being unfortunate for people who don't have He-Man at all yet. That's the best reason I have heard FOR including it.

ah well.

BUT you are right - he does look brilliant, and I am glad we're getting him!!
    And it was great that you did the live armor demonstration!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thank you Dan for another informative review... I'm very looking forward to this figure now! It's always been my favorite variant He-Man.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Sweet video Dan. Thanks again.
    Last edited by MeguiarsEM; January 13, 2010 at 04:09am.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Great as always!! and i LOVED the sequence with you showing him as he is! This kind of infomercial I can get on board with!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

DE-INTERLACE!!!!

Good vid!
    Horde Lord

Great review! I've been looking forward to this one...

I do have a quick question: How does BA He-Man's skin tone compare to the previous versions? Is it similar to the reissue, or is it more pale, like the first release?

If it seems to match with the reissue He-Man, I may pick up a second figure for parts and swap out the hands. For some reason, my reissue He-Man's hands are kind of mangled.

Thanks in advance
    Taking Care of Business in a Flash!

Great review, and it's refreshing to see you being a little more critical for once. I'm also not keen on having to keep removing the armour just to change the damage - that's why i'm going to buy 3 of him!

Holy moley! I wasn't going to buy him, but this review has made me seriously reconcider that thought! BEST He-man so far.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Thanks Pixel Dan, I still enjoy your reviews

No offense to you, but I am glad this review is over.......

Because next is Trap Jaw

WANT!

Glad to hear the joints are better. My Randor is perfect too - since the figure I want most is up next month, I hope this means the loose joint issue is resolved!