Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making use of the removable-arm torso

Making use of the removable-arm torso

Ive been thinking about the possibilities for Trap Jaws new removable arm ever since the gold power sword threw me off into thinking we might get Thunder Punch He-Man. I assume this is a mild retool of the normal torso, making it something theyll probably want to use again to off set the cost.

So first, I want to ask the question: How do you want them to make use of this new ability? Next, Ill add what Ive been thinking.

- When I thought wed get Thunder Punch He-Man, I was excited because I like the look. Regardless, he is kinda plain in that hes just He-Man with new clothes and a new shield. That doesnt bother me, of course, but theres still the matter of recreating his thunder punch. He wont be loading caps in his back anymore, so what else do we have? First, I thought of some sort of translucent lightening impact that you could fit over his fit, but then I also thought of Sllohcin's awesome version of Thunder Punch and I figured it would be cool to have his arm partially translucent blue. Then, though, youd always have that blue arm. So then it hit me: Why not use the removable arm deal that Trap Jaw uses and make a normal articulated arm, and a part translucent Thunder Punch arm with an attached lightening impact-punch? That could, in effect, be his action feature representation. Youd have a very cool thunder punch, and a normal action figure.

- Going along those same lines; the skys the limit! How about a normal arm for Fisto or Jitsu? Maybe Count Marzo could have a special arm holding his amulet with an attached pinkish/reddish blast shooting forth? Hurricane Hordak could not only have his arm attachments, but a normal arm (and heck, maybe a few filmation nods to some other arm formations hes had).

So you can see where Im going with this. What do yall think?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Nice suggestion, but would you consider just the fist and maybe one of those fireball like things SOTA used for the Street Fighter figures only designed to look like thunder or a lightning punch?

It certainly is a cheaper option, just making a blast that goes over the fist. That's also the normal option, though, and I was trying to think big for one of my favorite action figure lines. The whole arm could be more of a display peice; no articulation except in the shoulder (for some pose variety). That's what the normal arm would be for; you pose and do all your normal stuff with that, then you switch it out with the half translucent connecting-thunder-impact-punch for some real dynamic poses!

Same with Count Marzo, for instance: he'll have a normal articulated arm, and an arm stretched out holding the amulet with a blast coming out of it. Give the arm the normal shoulder articulation, and all you gotta do it aim it!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The only other figures I can see using this torso off the top of my head are Fisto and Jitsu. One arm with the small classic hands and another with their larger 200X counterparts.

Some fun ideas, and I like Sllohcin's ideas (always!), but sadly, I'm sure Mattel wouldn't touch a fan's take on it for legal fears. I do hope Mattel takes full advatage of the modification, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Some fun ideas, and I like Sllohcin's ideas (always!), but sadly, I'm sure Mattel wouldn't touch a fan's take on it for legal fears. I do hope Mattel takes full advatage of the modification, though.
    What...seriously? You mean, since I stated the idea, it can never be? Dangit! Not to say that my idea is so awesome that they'd actually use it, mind you.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Use that torso to make detachable "Stretching" arms for Extendar! I've said this already in the Extendar thread, but I needs me some extendar so I've said it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    What...seriously? You mean, since I stated the idea, it can never be? Dangit! Not to say that my idea is so awesome that they'd actually use it, mind you.
    Not that bit, no, but Mattel would likely avoid Sllohcin's take on Thunder Punch He-Man because that aspect is his creation. Sorry for the confusion!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Use that torso to make detachable "Stretching" arms for Extendar! I've said this already in the Extendar thread, but I needs me some extendar so I've said it again.
    Another good implementation! However, I'm really hoping that Extendar will be all or mostly new sculpted parts, so I'm mostly thinking of how we can use the current removable-arm Trap Jaw torso for folks who would be using the plain chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Not that bit, no, but Mattel would likely avoid Sllohcin's take on Thunder Punch He-Man because that aspect is his creation. Sorry for the confusion!
    I gettcha now! If the half translucent arm would be too close to his design, then at least the impact thunder on his hand would be cool.

Hell's yeah, impact thunder effects would be wicked-cool!

While I love the design of TP He-Man and I loved him as a kid, I have to admit that I'm not quite sure how much I'll enjoy him without some kind of action feature. I think the 200X Battle Sound He-Man action feature would be perfect. Too bad we'll never see it on a MOTUC figure.

i don't have an answer, though i do have a question of my own (that many others have mentioned that i haven't read) that arose from the announcement of the removable arm: why not design the should joint like this in the first place?

i'm probably hoping for too much for all figures from here on out to use the same shoulder engineering.

i doubt the torso is newly tooled at all for removable arms.

more likely a new shoulder joint was tooled that can be removed.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i doubt the torso is newly tooled at all for removable arms.

more likely a new shoulder joint was tooled that can be removed.
    Good point, hadn't thought about that. I'm not sure what all went into it. Nonetheless, it's a procedure that could be done again, and if Trap Jaw's arm doesn't end up all wobbly then I think it's a good feature to use if they want to make some real dynamic stuff.

Great suggestion

Does that mean alternate arms will be the craze for 2010?

-Alternate heads: 2009
    -Alternate arms: 2010
    -...................: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Great suggestion

Does that mean alternate arms will be the craze for 2010?

-Alternate heads: 2009
    -Alternate arms: 2010
    -...................: 2011

2011 will be interchangeable beards, because Randor started a craze. Heck, you'll even be able to remove Trap Jaw's jaw and replace it with just a beard. It'll be awesome!

The Sota Streetfighter hand impact effect is a solid idea.

I like it alot.
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!

Okay, so Pixel Dan's review has shown us that both of Trap Jaw's arms come off! Granted, like Kahn said, this might be an easy alteration and not something they need to make use of to get the most out of a new mold.

Still: What else can ya'll think of for removable arms?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Okay, so Pixel Dan's review has shown us that both of Trap Jaw's arms come off! Granted, like Kahn said, this might be an easy alteration and not something they need to make use of to get the most out of a new mold.

Still: What else can ya'll think of for removable arms?
    Ssssqueeze with two pairs of arms, obviously. Regular and unle... er stretched out.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Forgot about Ssssqueeze! Yeah, they might be able to mold his torso as an armor that fits over the regular body, then use the removable arms for the old action feature (which I hope means they give him some articulated arms and some regular bendy ones).

Horde Troopers: laser cannon arms

Spikor: vintage non-articulated arm with pull-out trident, which can be switched for regular articulated arm

Roboto: 200X gun arms with shoulder mounted cannons

Rio Blast: 200X "giant revolver" gun arm

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Modulok.

Just make the pegs secure and durable, and now we are looking at Modulok's torso.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Modulok.

Just make the pegs secure and durable, and now we are looking at Modulok's torso.
    Same thing I was thinking, don't forget Multi-Bot.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    King Hiss- this way you can swap out his head and arms and allowing him to be displayed in a partially transformed state. Only problem is Hiss fully transformed does not have a human torso but I'm sure they can figure some middle ground out.

Extendar- normal and stretched out. Again problem comes in torso I don't know how they'll make an extendable one.

Blast-Attak -part of his blown apart feature

Multi-Bot- make his more robotic torso out of slip on armor
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Horde Troopers: laser cannon arms

Spikor: vintage non-articulated arm with pull-out trident, which can be switched for regular articulated arm

Roboto: 200X gun arms with shoulder mounted cannons

Rio Blast: 200X "giant revolver" gun arm
    Oooh, those are good! I would LOVE the giant revolver arm from 200X Rio Blast! In fact, if they threw in that head too, he'd be perfect!