View Poll Results: Would You Still Be Here If NA Was The Last MOTU Toyline & Cartoon Made?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll Always Love He-Man And/Or She-Ra!

41 51.90%
  • No, Those Lines Don't Do It For Me Anymore!

8 10.13%
  • Yes, But I Wouldn't Visit As Frequently As I Do Now!

22 27.85%
  • Maybe, I'm Not Sure!

8 10.13%

Thread: Would You Still Be Here If NA Was The Last MOTU Toyline & Cartoon Made?

Would You Still Be Here If NA Was The Last MOTU Toyline & Cartoon Made?

I know a lot of people bring up the MOTU Commemorative toyline, the 2002 toyline, and the MYP cartoon as reasons that got them back into MOTU. If we hadn't had a toyline or cartoon since the vintage MOTU, POP and NA, would you still be a regular visitor to this site?

NOTE: Just because I used NA in the title of this thread, this poll isn't about NA. It is a hypothetical based on the idea that NA was the last toyline & cartoon for He-Man relased in stores & on TV respectively. If you never bought one NA toy or saw one NA episode, base your vote on your feelings for vintage MOTU and/or POP.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 21, 2010 at 12:18pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I have to answer honestly and say I'm not sure. There's far too many variables, I think.

Also, great poll idea!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Yes, I'd still be here if we had not gotten anything new after NA. I never really got out of MOTU to begin with, it's always been something I've enjoyed and hopefully will to the day I die.

I visited the org and its previous incarnation before the newer stuff came out on a daily basis and I would still be coming on here daily if we had not gotten anything new.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

NO! In that case I wouldn't be so interested in MOTU and won't be collecting it. In that case I probably wouldn't even know about existence of this place (I found the .Org for the first time few years ago when I searched some info related to 200x MOTU series). I would still be a MOTU fan though, but not so actively.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Yes.

I was and still am.

My fandom for Filmation MOTU cartoon brought me to this place, and many other He-Fan sites back in the day ('97), and would still visit here for discussions.

Does your hypothetical scenario include that BCI had released the whole Filmation library of MOTU/POP/NA on DVD?

Yes, I'll Always Love He-Man And/Or She-Ra!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Does your hypothetical scenario include that BCI had released the whole Filmation library of MOTU/POP/NA on DVD?
    Sure. Just no retail released toys after NA and no new cartoons after NA.

I almost included MOTUC in the hypothetical but I felt most people, except for those that have absolutely no love for any of the vintage lines or their designs, would still pick the first option.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    considering i own the seaons dvd sets and have only watched maybe 4-5 episodes i haven't really gotten the feel for it just yet, i will have to spend some more time w/ them and sit and watch w/ my son, after that then i'll post my thoughts.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Ahh...hard to say. I didn't become a regular visiter to this site until the MotUC line, honestly. I didn't get into the commemorative line 'cause I still had my original figures, and 200X...well I dunno, I just didn't feel the need to seek out a forum for that one. MotUC was new and I NEEDED information on it when it started, so I came here to get my fix.

I suppose the answer is no, but not because I didn't like NA. NA is awesome! I just didn't feel the need to come around until MotuC.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

No for sure.

200x cartoon made me jump again into the frenzy of the MOTU... whereas NA cartoon is THE aspect of the MOTU I dislike and regret the most... and probably the only one.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, I guess I'd still be here but not as often. It was looking up info on the vintage figures that brought me here in the first place. But I signed up because of the vast array of characters posting here and their...interesting views and takes on pop culture.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    considering i own the seaons dvd sets and have only watched maybe 4-5 episodes i haven't really gotten the feel for it just yet, i will have to spend some more time w/ them and sit and watch w/ my son, after that then i'll post my thoughts.

=)
    I didn't specifically mean what you thought of NA, just that the Commemorative line & the 2002 line never existed. If the only era you are familiar with is MOTU and/or POP, you could still answer the question. I was just using NA as a cut off point since, technically, it's the last line released during the vintage era(ie. the 80's).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yes.

I was and still am.
    What he said.
    Who has the Power?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I have to say yes.

I would probably be more of a lurker/reader than a poster but I loved MOTU my whole life. It took the commemoratives coming out in stores for me to start posting if I recall. Before the commemoratives, all I had was my old figures in a box, my He-Man/She-Ra VHS tapes complete with awesome 80s commercials, and my stack of mini comics. I remember first looking up He-Man and the MOTU in the mid 90s on an early version of AOL so I kinda remember the ol Adam Tyner site. I was a lurker til the commemoratives came out then I became hooked.

I'd probably have to be banned or something horrible happen to me in real life to get me off of here.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Probably not. I've never seen an episode of NA, but from what little I know about it, that particular spin on HE-MAN doesn't do it for me.

I have nothing against it... I'm just not interested.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

No, I would not be here. I did watch He-man and She-ra when I was a kid, but they did not grab my imagination like Transformers, Wheeled Warriors, Voltron, GI Joe, or Dungeons and Dragons. I watch the shows, and then nothing. Didn't think about them afterward, never owned a single toy. MOTU was on the level that Smurfs and Muppet Babies were for me, fun to watch, but forgotten about once they stoped airing.

When 200x came around, my friends and I gather to watch the premier fully expecting to trash it. But the combination of style, story, and the right level of camp (we enjoy over the top fight scene) struck a cord.

I don't know. I remember searching for Motu on the internet somewhere early 2000/2001. I found the commemorative series and collected them. I read here sometimes, but wasn't a member. Then cam 200x, though i disliked most of the toys, I really liked the cartoon and oh was I sad it ended so soon again.
    When Motuc arrived I immediately started to collect them and shortly after I got a member of these boards.
    So if all of this didn't happen, I'm not sure if I still would be here or would look for Motu at all. A maybe for me...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I've always wanted a motu to be remade. it was 200x that got me excited about motu again. motu needed reinvented. so i'm a bigger fan of 200x motu. n/a & she-ra was very disappointing to me but I love how they look for motuc.

I'm not sure.

I got back into MOTU after seeing the beautiful designs for toys for 200X (I think - if not it was randomly around then) but I like to think I would have found this place sooner or later anyway!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

yeah I'd be here but most likely not as active a member. I lurked and browsed his site long before joining and one of the first things I looked up on the internet and then later on ebay was MOTU.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heck yeah I would still be here, there are toons that haven't been seen for ages yet I still visit sites dedicated to them. For example my personal fave....Kidd Video!
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Nope 200X got me back into MOTU as an adult. The vintage stuff would've remained an interesting footnote from my early childhood otherwise. To be honest I was born when the MOTU craze was starting to die down and I was far more into Dino-Riders and Ninja Turtles as a child.

It was the MOTUC toys that got me back into it. skipped both 200x and NA when they were new. I think He-man would have just stayed in the lost realms of old cartoons for me...probably still have my 25th An GIJOE collection....

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I have to answer honestly and say I'm not sure. There's far too many variables, I think.

Also, great poll idea!
    That's how I feel aswell.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Like a few other .orgers, i came across this site while looking up info - on the vintage figures. If NA was the last animation then i'd still be here as MotU and PoP were part of my life growing up and i still harbour interest in this of course. NA i'm just getting into, only because of the cycle of growing up which made me turn my interest elsewhere.