Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics Trap Jaw Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hybrid View

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Masters of the Universe Classics Trap Jaw Video Review by Pixel Dan

Third one this week!

Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

awesome!!!

If people are worried about the gaps between the chest and shoulders on Kronis, they can always leave the two black pieces on each side to hide the gaps.... kinda like the way he looks here.
    http://www.comicsbulletin.com/news/i...6/trapjaw3.jpg
    Last edited by ByThePowerOf...; January 14, 2010 at 12:12am.

dang! youre on fire!

DANGER - DANGER

MOTU OVERLOAD!!!

NICE - thanks for the review

Question: IS Kronis supposed to have the armor pieces removed? I mean, I guess so, because why would the Left arm be removeable, but I am curious about the armor. They didn't display him that way:

BUT, again, WHY is the left arm removeable??? Is it because this removeable arm thing is going to be used for other figures? Is the buck basically changed entirely inside in order to accomodate this feature?

I imagine Hurricane Hordak will use it. But Who needs his LEFT arm removeable? King Hiss? Ssqueeze?
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 14, 2010 at 12:14am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

You are on a roll, Dan! Beast-Dan. Hey I think I just figured out the celeb figure it's Dan!!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    You are on a roll, Dan! Beast-Dan. Hey I think I just figured out the celeb figure it's Dan!!
    That would be pretty amazing, I've gotta admit!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Awesomeness! You've been very busy.

I had NO idea both arms could come out and he had the extra back piece in his left shoulder! That's wicked.

Two for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

GREAT review Dan!

This is one of my most anticipated figures because I always thought TrapJaw was AWESOME and there are so many pieces...how cool!

You can put the right arm on with the black armor part still attached right? Cause I will display him like that most likely.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Wow, another one? Can't wait for this figure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    bcrduke, you are right. In the comic and cartoon he ALWAYS had both shoulder pieces on. He has never been shown without them. Well...the big chest one came off when Skelly ripped off his arm...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The last 3 reviews have been stellar. Thanks. Very interesting about the left arm...
    Although all this Trap Jaw business popping out of nowhere this week is driving me crazy! Overload of MOTUC this week for sure.

Great work Pixel Dan, another great review, WOW they just keep coming.

I think you could legitimately display Kronis either way, with reference to the removable black shoulder pieces.

Kagamigod - I like the theory - "Pixel Dan" - Herioc Mattel Reviewer
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Whoot! Excellent review of an unbelievably cool figure. Trapjaw has always ben in my top 3 baddie list - can't wait for him. May have to repaint his eyes for a more Sith Lord look...

Tight joints Dan?

Thanks you so much for another great review Danny, I was sooo much in anticipation for this one...
    I can't think of any other future evil figure that could top this one really, unless if it's a 200X Trap-Jaw rendition!

I hope the quality control on all future figures is up to par from now on, because this is becoming the best action figure line that I can think of, and it's really sad to see it suffering from all hideous problems that we've witnessed to date!

Please please Mattel, give this line the attention it deserves!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Man! Another stellar review! So far, each figure gets better and better! I can't wait for your review of Moss Man.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Looks like Trap Jaw will be taking Skeletor's place as my new favourite figure. I can't wait for February - Battle Cat AND TJ! Best month for MOTU ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post

Tight joints Dan?
    Yep! His joints seem just as tight as my BA He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    I knew it was a good week when my wife walked by and said "Oh my lord are you watching ANOTHER Pixel Dan thing?"
    That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    HE DOESNT HAVE THE STICHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?
    The vintage figure didn't have the scar on the chest. Remember, these figures are based off of the vintage figures first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Here's a question, though: How do the arms do on moving up and down? Do they move like the rest of the arms, or do they kinda click?
    No clicking. They move just like the other arms. In fact, you wouldn't even notice they were removeable limbs without giving them a tug. They move and pose exactly the same as all the other figures.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Even if I did take off his armor when turning him to Kronis.

The goal is to get the review of the stands up by Friday evening.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 14, 2010 at 09:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    OH MAN I WANT THIS FIGURE TWICE!

Thanks Dan! Not only for the excellent review, but also for making me aware that there is a comic explaining how kronis became trapjaw AND that this figure is going on sale next month!! I thought it was going to be july's figure for some reason ...

Thanks!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Thanks for letting me know that the arm pegs could weaken from repeated switching over time. It's why I'm buying two...so there's no chance of that happening. If it does happen, I'll have spare arms...

Kronis always wore the black armor parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Thanks Dan! Not only for the excellent review, but also for making me aware that there is a comic explaining how kronis became trapjaw AND that this figure is going on sale next month!!
    Go to the Trap Jaw discussion thread. I put the last 11 pages on page 14.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 14, 2010 at 08:04am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

HOLY kapow! no one has mentioned this? Dont get me wrong before I say it, it's no deal breaker, he's still obviously one of the best figures so fare but...

HE DOESNT HAVE THE STICHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?

I cant belive this vulture hungry negative nancy fourums (at times, guys at times, not always always) didnt jump on this immediately and I hadnt thought of it till now.

EDIT: evidentally I added teh scar onto the original toy in my memory.
    Last edited by baronterror; January 16, 2010 at 01:33am.

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    We love you Dan!!
    February will be remembered as the best 'motuc month' of the year!! ...unless TG surprises us with 'Granamyr', or 'Tytus/Megator' before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    HOLY ****! no one has mentioned this? Don't get me wrong before I say it, it's no deal breaker, he's still obviously one of the best figures so fare but...

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE STITCHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?

I can't believe this vulture hungry negative nancy forums (at times, guys at times, not always always) didn't jump on this immediately and I hadn't thought of it till now.
    The vintage figure didn't have the scar. Although, I do think he looks better with it.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Another great review - it's been a great week for MOTUC in large part due to these reviews so thanks for the hard work Dan and to Mattel for sending them to him!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    The vintage figure didn't have the scar. Although, I do think he looks better with it.
    Did the filmation version have the scar then? I do seem to remember it in the childhood days somehow. I know the MYP 200x one did, but I thought I remembered it from somewhere in the old days.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    You have been busy this week Dan! Great job, as always!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!