Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics Trap Jaw Video Review by Pixel Dan

Thanks you so much for another great review Danny, I was sooo much in anticipation for this one...
    I can't think of any other future evil figure that could top this one really, unless if it's a 200X Trap-Jaw rendition!

I hope the quality control on all future figures is up to par from now on, because this is becoming the best action figure line that I can think of, and it's really sad to see it suffering from all hideous problems that we've witnessed to date!

Please please Mattel, give this line the attention it deserves!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Once again Dan is The Man. Can wait for Trappy. He is going to go quick.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Man! Another stellar review! So far, each figure gets better and better! I can't wait for your review of Moss Man.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Looks like Trap Jaw will be taking Skeletor's place as my new favourite figure. I can't wait for February - Battle Cat AND TJ! Best month for MOTU ever!

Elder Councilman
    Trap Jaw is one of my all time favorite characters, and I'm so happy he's coming next month.

I actually never had him as a kid, but I managed to grab him as a teenager; since childhood, I referred to him as "the football player", because his helmet and jaw always looked like a football helmet to me.

And I assure you...something like that really helps a guy stand out. Combine that with a robotic arm, and it's a win all around.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Trap Jaw is one of my all time favorite characters, and I'm so happy he's coming next month.

I actually never had him as a kid, but I managed to grab him as a teenager; since childhood, I referred to him as "the football player", because his helmet and jaw always looked like a football helmet to me.

And I assure you...something like that really helps a guy stand out. Combine that with a robotic arm, and it's a win all around.
    I've always thought that Kayo from New Adventures was the guy that most resembled a football player; his helmet and shoulder armour really does make him look like he's in the NFL!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I've always thought that Kayo from New Adventures was the guy that most resembled a football player; his helmet and shoulder armour really does make him look like he's in the NFL!
    To be fair though, I never knew about Kayo til my teens. I knew about Trap Jaw since childhood; just never had 'im til my teens.

No matter I experienced with Trap Jaw, he always just seems to be the epitome of cool.

and I still think he looks a bit like a football player, with a cybernetic arm.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    To be fair though, I never knew about Kayo til my teens. I knew about Trap Jaw since childhood; just never had 'im til my teens.

No matter I experienced with Trap Jaw, he always just seems to be the epitome of cool.

and I still think he looks a bit like a football player, with a cybernetic arm.
    I had Trap Jaw as a kid and to this day he's still my favourite vintage figure.

Between that hook hand and the skull & crossbones on his belt, to me he's always resembled a pirate.

I have been anxiously awaiting this review and it delivered in every way

I am eagerly awaiting the release of Trap Jaw. I loved this interview. If you are going to go "Live" maybe you can surround yourself with other MOTUC figures for atmosphere?

I am now thinking of buying 4. 1 MOC, 1 as Trap Jaw, 1 as Kronis and 1 as Kronis with armour. I just hope my thinking doesn't change and I get another 2 so I can display Trap Jaw with all three attachments

I have two subscriptions and I thought that I will only keep one Trap Jaw (to keep MOC) and sell the other one, but after seeing this great review, I might not be able to resist the temptation to keep and open the other Trap Jaw.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Man you must be busy Dan! Thanks for the great reviews. I like how you go into detail about certain aspects of the figures and you give your honest opinion about them. Keep up the good work and get some sleep man, 3 reviews in one week is alot! 4 if you count the greyskull stands.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

OH MAN I WANT THIS FIGURE TWICE!

Thanks Dan! Not only for the excellent review, but also for making me aware that there is a comic explaining how kronis became trapjaw AND that this figure is going on sale next month!! I thought it was going to be july's figure for some reason ...

Thanks!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Thanks for letting me know that the arm pegs could weaken from repeated switching over time. It's why I'm buying two...so there's no chance of that happening. If it does happen, I'll have spare arms...

Kronis always wore the black armor parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Thanks Dan! Not only for the excellent review, but also for making me aware that there is a comic explaining how kronis became trapjaw AND that this figure is going on sale next month!!
    Go to the Trap Jaw discussion thread. I put the last 11 pages on page 14.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 14, 2010 at 08:04am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

HOLY kapow! no one has mentioned this? Dont get me wrong before I say it, it's no deal breaker, he's still obviously one of the best figures so fare but...

HE DOESNT HAVE THE STICHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?

I cant belive this vulture hungry negative nancy fourums (at times, guys at times, not always always) didnt jump on this immediately and I hadnt thought of it till now.

EDIT: evidentally I added teh scar onto the original toy in my memory.
    Last edited by baronterror; January 16, 2010 at 01:33am.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Wow, PD! You're on a roll! Nice review!

I was really surprised about his mouth! Wicked.

Great review and one of the most wanted figure for me.
    I'll definetely try to get 2 of them.

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    We love you Dan!!
    February will be remembered as the best 'motuc month' of the year!! ...unless TG surprises us with 'Granamyr', or 'Tytus/Megator' before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    HOLY ****! no one has mentioned this? Don't get me wrong before I say it, it's no deal breaker, he's still obviously one of the best figures so fare but...

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE STITCHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?

I can't believe this vulture hungry negative nancy forums (at times, guys at times, not always always) didn't jump on this immediately and I hadn't thought of it till now.
    The vintage figure didn't have the scar. Although, I do think he looks better with it.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Another great review - it's been a great week for MOTUC in large part due to these reviews so thanks for the hard work Dan and to Mattel for sending them to him!

Thank you Dan. You may rest this night, until the next figure, when your heroic efforts are needed once more. Go Pixel Dan, for great justice!

Seriously though, I am LOVING this figure! I mean, the original was a favorite of mine, but the biggest thing here is having a fully articulated robot arm! It looks awesome, and I can already imagine some good poses I'll be able to do because of it.

Only thing I'm worried about is the weakening of the arm sockets...I don't really have the cash to be getting doubles, so I'll just have to leave it as an every-so-often kinda thing.

Here's a question, though: How do the arms do on moving up and down? Do they move like the rest of the arms, or do they kinda click?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Busy Beaver this week, Dan! Great work as always! (I might suggest wearing a white shirt when sitting down doing the hands-on bits, so that the figure doesn't get lost in the picture; Trap-Jaw's helmet blended in nicely, but Moss Man is the master of camoulflage! ) Keep up the marvelous work!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Great job Dan. Man you don't know the envy You're causing at some of us. We're in the middle of January and You already have the February covered... IT'S AWESOME!
    As for Trapjaw, I really can't wait to own him, It will surelly be one of my favorites so far. I was thinking in buying two, but with Battlecat there's no way i'm doing that.

Can't wait. Thank you Dan for the review. Trap jaw has been deeply wanted by this fan since they announced the he man figure as a sneak peek way back in the day.
    Tri Klops and Trap Jaw can stand together once again.

Valentines Day is now replaced as the big holiday of Feb..lol Trap jaw Eve
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post

Tight joints Dan?
    Yep! His joints seem just as tight as my BA He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    I knew it was a good week when my wife walked by and said "Oh my lord are you watching ANOTHER Pixel Dan thing?"
    That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    HE DOESNT HAVE THE STICHED SCAR ON HIS CHEST!?!? really? I mean, I know they'd hardly want to make a new buck top chest for that but....awe man, that's so a part of him. I'll gladly carve it on him, but...is it there and I just keep missing it, or is it not as it appears?
    The vintage figure didn't have the scar on the chest. Remember, these figures are based off of the vintage figures first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Here's a question, though: How do the arms do on moving up and down? Do they move like the rest of the arms, or do they kinda click?
    No clicking. They move just like the other arms. In fact, you wouldn't even notice they were removeable limbs without giving them a tug. They move and pose exactly the same as all the other figures.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Even if I did take off his armor when turning him to Kronis.

The goal is to get the review of the stands up by Friday evening.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 14, 2010 at 09:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

That was a solid review! Thanks, Pixel Dan. This figure will sell like crazy.