Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics Trap Jaw Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior
    words fail me. suffice to say, i'll be there on 2/16!

thanks PD!

You spoil us, Pixel Dan.

You spoil us.

Although it's sad that he doesn't have the scar because the vintage version doesn'thave the scar, the vintage version DID NOT have the black shoulder ring on Trap-Jaw's left (non-robotic) arm. That's all 200X INFLUENCE BABY!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Although it's sad that he doesn't have the scar because the vintage version doesn'thave the scar, the vintage version DID NOT have the black shoulder ring on Trap-Jaw's left (non-robotic) arm. That's all 200X INFLUENCE BABY!!!
    Indeed. They seem to randomly pick and choose what influenses these designs some times. Although, I assume in the case of the scar, they would have ahd to rescultp the buck to include it and didn't want to do that.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Although it's sad that he doesn't have the scar because the vintage version doesn't have the scar, the vintage version DID NOT have the black shoulder ring on Trap-Jaw's left (non-robotic) arm. That's all 200X INFLUENCE BABY!!!
    200X Influence! OMG! How dare they! I will not buy anything from Mattel again!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im very happy that itīs possible to remove the left shoulder ring too!
    Very happy!Great exploration Dan!

Trapjaw/ Kronis looks great! Another excellent review. Thanks, PD!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I have to give Dan a lot of props(do the youngin's still use that "hip" phrase?)!!! He may be getting one of all the MOTUC figures before us for free, but I'm sure it's a real pain in the neck having to get these reviews done(especially since he said in another thread that he has 2 jobs). Not only does he do that, he also sticks around the threads to answer questions and often takes requests for new pictures of different poses. If Mattel sent me a new toy and asked me for a video review, I'd probably send the toy back, tell them "no thanks", and just wait until the 15th. I'm too lazy to have to film multiple reviews every month.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    So, now I'm betting that the buck is just built for interchangeable arms, and that;s the reason they can both be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Come on, Modulok!
    *hyperventilates* I didn't even think about that!

Thanks for another great review, Dan! Loved the comparison shots, it just reminds me how much more I like the classic look for Trappy than the 200X version.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

You have been busy this week Dan! Great job, as always!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    One more of Skeletor's crew down. Now all I need is Kobra Khan and the First Stringers of Evil will be done (in my 346 eyes). I'm not one for praise of others, Pixel D but I guess you doing an OK job if I was forced to admit so on pain of insufferable torment. There. That's the best you're gonna get from me being that you're a member of those weakling heroes.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 14, 2010 at 08:35pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Great review Dan. February is going to be an insane month.

I didn't realize his left arm was removable too. Now I know what I want to see most in an accessory/weapons pack: Tri-Klops/King Randor style arms to attach to Kronis.

These figures just keep getting better and better!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... And I mean, WOW !!!

Trap-Jaw/Kronis is really awesome !!! He's a definite MUST HAVE !

I especially love the way his robotic arm is articulated and can be pointed at his ennemies... Great that his arms attachments are held firm and tight !

We can see that there's much love that went into the making of this figure... I'll be happy to buy 2 of him ! Hoping there won't be any quality control issues, of course...

And personally, the metallic blue doesn't bug me at all ! I actually find it classy !

With Evil-Lyn in April, we'll have most of Skeletor's council of evil members !

Now, I cannot wait to see the next 80's evil warriors that will be released !

The removable arms might be the way Modulok's limbs could be articulated, but the quite fragile aspect of the joint worries me a bit...

Anyway, great figure, and a very good job, Pixel Dan !

Damn, Pixel Dan, you looked tired on this one... Well, I guess 3 reviews in just one week can be tiresome, especially after work !
    Last edited by Spectror; January 14, 2010 at 02:26pm.

Nice job on the review and what a nice figure. Let's hope Matty's site doesn't blow up on Feb 16.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Indeed. They seem to randomly pick and choose what influenses these designs some times. Although, I assume in the case of the scar, they would have ahd to rescultp the buck to include it and didn't want to do that.
    They could have tampoed (spelling?) it like Faker's chest sticker. That would have been pretty cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

That's definitely a lot better than PixelDan's updated review of Reissue He-Man I saw online earlier! Yikes!

***Please follow forum rules about posting YouTube links. Thanks! ***

Pretty funny! Did a board member here do this?
    Horde Lord

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I can sum up my feelings about the figure and review quite simply:

While watching Dan turning TJ into Kronos, one thought went through my mind:

Dang, that is cool!

"I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I was on the fence about buying two Trappies to keep one as Kronis. After seeing that review, though, I'm totally buying two. And I watched it at work without the sound! Great review. Can't wait to get the audio later.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    With Evil-Lyn in April, we'll have most of Skeletor's council of evil members !

Now, I cannot wait to see the next 80's evil warriors that will be released !
    Yep, with Evil-Lyn we'll have his original gang from the first Filmation episode Diamond Ray Of Disappearance...and then we just need Whiplash and Clawful to complete the group of villains he had at the beginning of the 200X cartoon.

IT'S AWESOME!Thx

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome review!! Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    Another excellent review Pixel Dan. I absolutely must see your reviews before I can purchase the figures on Matty. You're reviews are real thorough.

As expected, Trap Jaw looks amazing. It IS gonna be an expensive month for February.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I actually really liked the last two reviews you did. Mainly because you actually were shown interacting with the figures "live". The reviews had a whole entire different feeling and sound to me. Less commercial and more review, IMO.

I agree

It would be cool if you did this for them all! Maybe make a cool backdrop with your MOTU stuff and then regularly do a demo-section of the review
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ohhh I am looking forward to TrapJaw probably more than any other so far!