Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHADOW WEAVER: Fans United?

SHADOW WEAVER: Fans United?

On almost every thread I go to, someone brings up their desire for Shadow Weaver. She's everywhere. Someone's always speculating, someone else is trying to prove a loophole. Her name is constantly at the top of wish lists.

Ya know, EVENTUALLY Matty is just gonna have to find a way to give us that figure. I don't know of any other character that is so discussed on this forum, and the murmuring is unceasing.

Every fact points in the opposite direction-- that we will not get her because she is Filmation. But with a fan base THIS HIGH, it seems like TG would start looking for a way...

There's money to be made in a SHADOW WEAVER...(and they can use the skirt for Queen Marlena).

Just my thoughts. Should anyone continue to hold hope for Shadow Weaver, or is it time to just drop it?
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; January 16, 2010 at 12:00am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

If the line continues to rake in money for Mattel I don't see why they woudn't spend some of that money on the rights to Filmation characters.

It may be a while....a long while, but with as much demand as she has, & the fact that the Horsemen would have a ball creating her, I'd say it is not a matter of 'if' but 'when'.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    We should hold out hope. If everyone keeps begging Mattel for a figure, they will find a way to eventually release it. Just like all the JLU characters Mattel didn't have the rights to, but got them overtime. It's all because the fans kept requesting them.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

God! This would be my biggest wish is to get a SHADOW WEAVER FIGURE!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm always hopeful that things will change. It won't be today it might not be next year, but eventually when all that is left to be made are the Meteorbs and the Energy Zoids I hope Mattel wakes up and realizes just how much people have wanted Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and the rest of the Filmation cast we never had as children. Their is always hope.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love to have shadow weaver would like them to make the 200x male horde warlocks

I'd love to have a Shadow Weaver figure too but how many threads do we need on her?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I would like an action figure of Shadow Weaver as much—or more—than the next guy, but the continued insistence that Mattel can produce an action figure of the character based on this seeming loophole or that is tiresome.

It would be far more productive to express interest in having an action figure of the character, and insist that Mattel pursue the rights to produce an action figure of the character.

My suggestion would be for everyone to hold onto their hope, but also try to learn to be more appreciative of everything that we are able to get in this line. Basically take time to smell the roses for a bit and enjoy the line for what it is.

I'm pretty big on my Filmation characters too, but I'm kind of turned off when some folks instantly have to go on the defensive and counter with style guides, Filmation inspired drawings, etc. when I say I'm interested in a toy-based She-Ra, for example. Some seem genuinely agitated at me for even suggesting such a thing. It's like they don't wanna hear that toy-based She-Ra is a possibility either.

Basically I think it's time to take a giant step back for awhile and then cross that bridge again when we get a bit closer to running out of the more popular characters. What more can we do? Mattel is aware of the interest. Plus, none of us know what's going on behind-the-scenes. For all we know Mattel could have already approached Classic Media, but maybe their asking price was too high. Who knows.

I agree - I also want a toy-based she-ra... I think I'd like what the 4H do with it.. I think it will look more Savage He-Manish than the Filmation version (though, I love that one too).

I don't think Mattel is bothering with Filmation. They know that with no unique character bonus figures, they can stretch the line out, and when the movie they are all so ardently trying to pull together happens (if it happens... they need a strong leader, whose ONLY job is research and development for that movie - and the opposite seems to be happening)... anyway, they won't need the filmation characters, because they can just start giving the movie versions of the characters all over again.

Marlena we can absolutely have in what is basically her Filmation design.. she just can't have a Green dress. It has to be blue or Magenta (both appeared in the mini-comics that way).

I could be totally off base here - I hope I am. I hope Shadow Weaver is the SDCC exclusive. TG said it was one of the most requested figures. I know that new SKUs are coming, so people think it might be Tytus or Megator, or something like that (which would make sense considering the bigger budget the SDCC exclusive has for tooling, etc.), but maybe...

I hope he is lying his face off to us about Shadow Weaver not being possible for, well, forever, and that they found a way.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    There's a lot of characters from the Filmation archive and the NA series archieves that are really cool. Thank God we've got the MYP for extra figures. To not eventually get Filmation characters would be criminal.

I'll support the cause !! Shadow Weaver its such an iconic character and deserves an action figure of its own
    speaking of filmation characters I'd like see Shokoti too
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Yeah they are going to have to dip into Filmation for me to hold interest. I am abit concerned that nostalgia could be a double edge sword keeping the line from being what it could or should have been from the start.

If They make Shadow Weaver it would be AWESOME!!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Oh we're well aware of demand for SW and other Filmation characters. If and when they become available we'd love to do her. But for now, its a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    we'd love to do her.
    Tee hee hee.

I've always felt that Mattel needed to regain the rights for the property. Having half-rights that don't include Filmation stuff is silly. Mattel is a huge corporation. They HAVE the money to buy the rights to everything He-Man and She-Ra related, but they choose not to because they aren't sure it'll be worth the money.

Mattel - wake up. Really really wake up. He-Man will continue to be a popular character, even if only during the next ten nostalgia-fueled years or so. Just plunk down the money, make all the characters we want to see (and Filmation styled statues, throw rugs, toilet paper, coffee mugs, etc) and you'll be seeing profit from it.

So, yes to Shadow Weaver. But let's not just try to get Mattel to find a way to include ONE character when in the long term it make SO much more sense for them to invest in them all.

I'm holding out hope.

I want her BAD.

my Horde will never be complete without her

Well I see it's falling on deaf ears....

At least these threads should be merged together..

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Well I see it's falling on deaf ears....

At least these threads should be merged together..

Actually, it's the fans who seem to have the deaf ears. We've been told countless times that Mattel does not have the rights to this character.

It's no different than if you were constantly asking: "Please Toyguru! We need a MOTUC version of Darth Vader!"

I understand but when you have more than one thread about the subject the right people won't see it! Just make one thread and MAYBE the word will be heard...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Actually, it's the fans who seem to have the deaf ears. We've been told countless times that Mattel does not have the rights to this character.

It's no different than if you were constantly asking: "Please Toyguru! We need a MOTUC version of Darth Vader!"

I love the Shadow Weaver!! I would it in the MOTUC!

I guess we will all just have to stick with customs until we can get her. I do think that it would be in Mattel's best interest to acquire all of the Filmation rights. There are so many things that they could profit from all the properties not just Masters.

We've been told countless times that Mattel does not have the rights to this character.

Then maybe Mattel should invest in getting the Filmation rights. As I was saying. There's no long-term benefit to letter other companies limit what they can do with this brand.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe we(the fans) should voice our desire for the filmation owned charecters and styles to Classic Media. Mattel know we want them, maybe nudging the other obstacle might help. I don't understand why Classic Media would be against licensing out Shadow Weaver and others to Mattel for figures. If the MOTU Filmation Classics became a sub line that was a dollar or two more expensive to offset any licensing fee, I would not have a problem.

Jakks had the Classics Superstars line as a subset of its (former) WWE line. It was more expensive than the regular figure, but it was very successful. Jakks, the WWE, and the individual wrestlers made money. It was a win win for everyone. I think it would be that for Mattle and Classic Media.