Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

A way to solve that there are 2 versions of this character in MOTUC is stablish young Adam in the same Age that Keldor (& Kronis) before transforming into Skeletor. Keldor & Adam were unfriendly each other since the beginning.

What do you think about this?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think the line is following a similar storyline to MYP, so Adam would have just been a baby when Keldor became Skeletor.

Don't know if you meant it like this, but that sounds like Spectacular Spider-Man where Peter and Eddie Brock had known each other for years before getting their powers. I hated that!

Honestly though, as TG has said, the only official canon for any one fan is what you make it, so if that's the way you want it, then by all means go down that route!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I don't care what the storyline is, but we need PRINCE ADAM this year!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd personaly like to get the DC Mini series Prince Adam (which predates filmation's)

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar
    Since Adam and Adora are twins and Adora's profile establishes she was stolen as a baby by Skeletor, "young" Adam interacting with Keldor in MotUC is, well, impossible.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Young Adam is simply Adam when he first used the Sword of Power. That's consistent with both MYP and Filmation continuities, and many mini comics too. No need to rewrite Adam's age and there's nothing wrong with a "First Use" Adam being made. We wouldn't need a younger Adora though since she was older at the time of her First Use of the Sword of Protection. It's real simple, and I'm looking forward to the younger Adam rather than the repaint of He-Man version. I'm glad they are doing both too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Young Adam is simply Adam when he first used the Sword of Power. That's consistent with both MYP and Filmation continuities, and many mini comics too. No need to rewrite Adam's age and there's nothing wrong with a "First Use" Adam being made. We wouldn't need a younger Adora though since she was older at the time of her First Use of the Sword of Protection. It's real simple, and I'm looking forward to the younger Adam rather than the repaint of He-Man version. I'm glad they are doing both too.
    Yup. This. Totally this.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

You've hit the nail on the head there gbabok.

I think there was an episode in Filmation where Adam had a birthday, and he was 21, so it's concievable there's at least 5 years between the 2 Adams
    Tweet Me!

Co-Creator of the NV
    As I recall, Filmation MOTU started when Adam was 18 years old (at least that is what was said in the series bible) whereas MYP began when he was 16 (I have no idea where that is from but I see it quoted a lot so I assume it is true).

I find it hard to imagine that he'd manage to grow multiple inches as well as put on something like 100 pounds of muscle in just a couple years. I'd prefer that they not even try to explain it as 'young adam' vs 'old adam' in the MOTUC bio and canon. Instead I'd rather they just give them identical bios (which don't need to mention their size and muscle mass) and then the fans can decide for themselves whichever version they prefer to be canon, or create their own personal canons that utilize both small and large body variants.

Well said... we need both.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I'd prefer that they not even try to explain it as 'young adam' vs 'old adam' in the MOTUC bio and canon. Instead I'd rather they just give them identical bios (which don't need to mention their size and muscle mass) and then the fans can decide for themselves whichever version they prefer to be canon, or create their own personal canons that utilize both small and large body variants.
    Makes perfect sense to me.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

As I recall, Filmation MOTU started when Adam was 18 years old (at least that is what was said in the series bible) whereas MYP began when he was 16 (I have no idea where that is from but I see it quoted a lot so I assume it is true).

I find it hard to imagine that he'd manage to grow multiple inches as well as put on something like 100 pounds of muscle in just a couple years. I'd prefer that they not even try to explain it as 'young adam' vs 'old adam' in the MOTUC bio and canon. Instead I'd rather they just give them identical bios (which don't need to mention their size and muscle mass) and then the fans can decide for themselves whichever version they prefer to be canon, or create their own personal canons that utilize both small and large body variants.
    Assuming that classic Adam is the same age as Teela (20 years old: Tale of Teela) they could explain the smaller Adam as 16 years old using the 200X power sword, and the 20 year old classic Adam/He Man repaint as older Adam after he combined the 2 halves of the real power sword.

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    Perhaps after several years of tapping into the power of Grayskull, Adam's physique simply adapted to the size of He-Man's muscles. Eventually he began retaining the muscle mass as Adam, just not the supernatural strength, etc.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd love a younger Adora to match a younger Adam and Teela. Maybe it could be "Horde Camp Adora"!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Assuming that classic Adam is the same age as Teela (20 years old: Tale of Teela) they could explain the smaller Adam as 16 years old using the 200X power sword, and the 20 year old classic Adam/He Man repaint as older Adam after he combined the 2 halves of the real power sword.
    I like Adam & Teela being in their early 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    Perhaps after several years of tapping into the power of Grayskull, Adam's physique simply adapted to the size of He-Man's muscles. Eventually he began retaining the muscle mass as Adam, just not the supernatural strength, etc.
    I like this too. The more Adam changes into He-Man, the more he BECOMES He-Man. Just without the tan, haha.

I really wanted to see a MOTUC Prince Adam figure as SORT OF a younger version. I want him in total classic outfit and not the 200x outfit, but I wanted to see his size to the other MOTUC figures to be about the size of Kid Flash to the rest of DC Universe figures. Also want the magenta Power Sword and the 200x mace/staff weapon! This would be MY ideal Prince Adam combining the best of both and therefore only need one version of the character instead of two.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Exactamundo, gbagok! I hope we get both as well, and that the young/200X Adam is simply the Prince at the age of his first use of the Sword of He.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'd prefer that they not even try to explain it as 'young adam' vs 'old adam' in the MOTUC bio and canon. Instead I'd rather they just give them identical bios (which don't need to mention their size and muscle mass) and then the fans can decide for themselves whichever version they prefer to be canon, or create their own personal canons that utilize both small and large body variants.
    That's perfect! It would appease both vintage and 200x fans. No need for a new bio.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I love that they want to make both versions of Adam. And it'd be great if they made a 16 year old Adora to match, even if they never met then.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I agree with you. MYP Adam was 16, filmation's was 18 when he got the power, and was alreaordy a bit older when the show first started. For MOTUC, I'd have young Teela and Adam (16 years old) and "current" Adam and Teela that are 29. I'm picturing Adam celebrating his 30'th on primus and returning at the age of 35-40 like we saw in Emiliano's homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    The more Adam changes into He-Man, the more he BECOMES He-Man. Just without the tan, haha.
    I'd like to think that Adam is just transforming into the "man" he will one day become. Prince Adam at the age of 25 looks more like He-Man then his scrawny looking 16 year old self. Ten years of natural aging and pumping Iron do a body good. Following this logic perhaps that why we saw him dress a little more frumpy with the baggy clothing from the New Adventures...Can't let Skeletor see through the glasses
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

As long as they make a classic 80's style Adam complete with fuchsia colored sword then I'm happy. I'm down with whatever other Adams also get released. I do suspect that the 80's version will be the one released 1st.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm hearing that adam is going to have the re-paint he-man & a 200x style teen adam. i would like to own both. but still dont want to buy repaint adam for $20 good if they have him as a bonus with another figure. like cringer or orko.

I don't really care how they work them in just as long as they do. Also I would like Classic Adam to come with a regular silver/grey sword as well as the magenta one.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I'd like to think that Adam is just transforming into the "man" he will one day become. Prince Adam at the age of 25 looks more like He-Man then his scrawny looking 16 year old self. Ten years of natural aging and pumping Iron do a body good. Following this logic perhaps that why we saw him dress a little more frumpy with the baggy clothing from the New Adventures...Can't let Skeletor see through the glasses
    This was my only bugbear about NA. Did it never occur to Skeletor that Adam from Leviathan looked a suprising amount like Prince Adam of Eternia?
    Tweet Me!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dampiel View Post
    Also I would like Classic Adam to come with a regular silver/grey sword as well as the magenta one.
    They should make him with, uh, a stoneless version of Adora's sword *cough*. In silver, yes.