Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Blatant speculation and some wishful thinking from me:
    The bio for Adam was not included in the Orko 2 pack, this opens up for another Adam. The Adam in the 2 pack was "grown up", since MOTUC bios touch different timelines there should be no problem including a teen Adam, in fact it kind of makes sense. "Before Adam became He-man, before learning how to combine the two swords of power, Adam with his Electro-sword.... something something dark side"
    It makes sense to me that they will make this figure at one point - But for now with nothing being mentioned about it except from us fans, we can only hope.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Dampiel View Post
    I kinda like the NA sword and Adam's 200x closed sword.Hate the 200x open sword though.
    Hmmm...my 200X Prince Adam is still protectively sealed on card - most of my 200X collection is. Haven't been able to closely examine the closed sword. I believe it's smaller than 200X He-Man's sword as well.

I guess I just don't like the hyper design of it, and I can't get away from that old idea of Man-At-Arms having to build it to channel the Power of Grayskull.

And the NA sword (essentially the Laser Power He-Man sword IMO), well, I can understand marking NA He-Man off as another variant, or even another He-Man. But how do you explain that sword?

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    I doubt they'd develop a new Buck for Adam. They'd more likely use a DCUC body, Captain Cold's legs are pretty close for example. I don't see them doing this since he'd look way more out of place than Marzo. $20 for a small guy isn't all that thrilling either. If tooling wasn't such an issue, I could see a 200X Adam/Cringer Beast pack, but only if the fabled land of retail comes into play and he's an exclusive at a store willing to invest in it.

As I said, fitting him into the story would be odd. I can see a 200X Sorceress coming after the original since its so different and could be explained story-wise by claiming it as her pre-Sorceress days as a warrior. I wouldn't really care much if she got made. I'm not too thrilled by supporting PoP characters either, but when it comes to females I'd rather see PoP fans finally get their passion rewarded after so long. I'd probably find their excitement to be rather contagious.
    200X Adam could be the accessory in the Cringer beast back! They could then incorporate their bios on back of the box.

As far as fitting the various designs in, I always looked at it as the best way to show that these characters do have other clothes or uniforms besides the ones we're used to seeing them in. Perhaps 200X Sorceress is her Battle Armor upgrade, or some kind of upgrade after she survives a vicious attack from the likes of King Hsss. I think they came up with a good explanation for BA He-Man (would love to see that transformation animated).

I think many non-POP fans will change their tunes once they see how the 4H and Matty handle those characters. It's difficult to say right now, since She-Ra is an expected best-seller, and Bow is a male figure. But just looking at how quickly Optikk sold out on Mattycollector.com (14mins), I wouldn't be surprised if POP characters sold out just as quickly - which would then motivate Matty to continue incorporating them into the line.
    Last edited by mykan; August 29, 2010 at 07:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    I doubt they'd develop a new Buck for Adam. They'd more likely use a DCUC body, Captain Cold's legs are pretty close for example. I don't see them doing this since he'd look way more out of place than Marzo. $20 for a small guy isn't all that thrilling either. If tooling wasn't such an issue, I could see a 200X Adam/Cringer Beast pack, but only if the fabled land of retail comes into play and he's an exclusive at a store willing to invest in it.
    200X Adam isn't supposed to fit in with the other Masters, that's the whole point of that figure. It's a Prince Adam that doesn't look like He-Man. Who isn't as muscular as everyone else. With 200X Adam, you really see why he needs to change into He-Man. With Classic Adam, he so muscular, there's no sense of being weaker. He might as well already be He-Man. It's like Bruce Banner having the Hulk's build when he's not green.

And he will have a new buck. Here's the word...

Quote Originally Posted by Answers to WTFWTK 2.42
    2. Lord_Of_Destruction:
    You say the 200X look is retired, but weren't we promised a 200X Prince Adam variant in Classics? How would this be approached given that the appeal of 200X Adam is that he is a younger figure with a smaller body instead of simply a He-Man repaint?

Fans have yet to see a teenage MOTUC figure. A teenage Adam would be a new buck in Classics style, so smaller, but without 200X anime hyper detail. Adam would be a great candidate to do a teen version. Time will tell when and if this happens.
    Answers to WTFWTK 2.42

As I said, fitting him into the story would be odd. I can see a 200X Sorceress coming after the original since its so different and could be explained story-wise by claiming it as her pre-Sorceress days as a warrior. I wouldn't really care much if she got made. I'm not too thrilled by supporting PoP characters either, but when it comes to females I'd rather see PoP fans finally get their passion rewarded after so long. I'd probably find their excitement to be rather contagious.
    Why would it be odd? 200X Adam could have been Adam 2-3 years before he grew into Classic Adam.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 29, 2010 at 08:40am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X Adam could have been Adam 2-3 years before he grew into Classic Adam.
    Exactly. It's Adam when he first used the Power Sword. I think it's a pretty solid reason for making that figure.

I also don't think we'll see him for at least a year or more. I doubt he'll come out in 2011. Until we see 200X Evil-Lyn, I'm going to remain unsure of the whole 200X variants in the line. I think I want to see them, but I don't know if they'll be what I'd like or not. No matter what anyone says, 200X isn't something you can approximate in the Classics style because they were all about different builds while Classics is all about reusing parts. Marzo was a very good blend and Mattel freaked even though it was a great figure. So right now, I guess I'm just "wait and see" about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I also don't think we'll see him for at least a year or more. I doubt he'll come out in 2011. Until we see 200X Evil-Lyn, I'm going to remain unsure of the whole 200X variants in the line. I think I want to see them, but I don't know if they'll be what I'd like or not. No matter what anyone says, 200X isn't something you can approximate in the Classics style because they were all about different builds while Classics is all about reusing parts. Marzo was a very good blend and Mattel freaked even though it was a great figure. So right now, I guess I'm just "wait and see" about these things.
    200X got rid of the whole "This guy looks exactly like this other guy" concept. I think so long as 200X Evil-Lyn doesn't look exactly like Teela with a new head, she should go over well.

200X Adam isn't supposed to fit in with the other Masters, that's the whole point of that figure. It's a Prince Adam that doesn't look like He-Man. Who isn't as muscular as everyone else. With 200X Adam, you really see why he needs to change into He-Man. With Classic Adam, he so muscular, there's no sense of being weaker. He might as well already be He-Man. It's like Bruce Banner having the Hulk's build when he's not green.

Answers to WTFWTK 2.42

Why would it be odd? 200X Adam could have been Adam 2-3 years before he grew into Classic Adam.
    Exactly, MegaGearMax, exactly.

I like that 200x Adam wouldn't look like the other Masters, but displaying him next to Adora would look odd. Was there ever MYP concept art for Adora/She-ra? I still hope they make him, even though getting Adora has made me less keen since I don't think they'd look good together.

I thought there was another answer from Toyguru recently where he said that 200x character variants (Randor, Evil-Lyn, and Adam) would only be repaints. Anyone remember that?
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
    I like that 200x Adam wouldn't look like the other Masters, but displaying him next to Adora would look odd. Was there ever MYP concept art for Adora/She-ra? I still hope they make him, even though getting Adora has made me less keen since I don't think they'd look good together.

I thought there was another answer from Toyguru recently where he said that 200x character variants (Randor, Evil-Lyn, and Adam) would only be repaints. Anyone remember that?
    I guess it all depends on IF they actually make a 200X Adam, and also what Adora/She-Ra's new origin story would be. It would obviously be significantly different from the SOTS story, and would more likely take most of its cues from whatever MYP had planned. If that's the case, Adora would be 15-16yrs old like 200X Adam, making the MOTUC Adora the older 18-20yr old version.

So then we would need a 200X-influenced Adora figure...whew, we just keep adding to this line, don't we. Hopefully Matty's listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    I guess it all depends on IF they actually make a 200X Adam, and also what Adora/She-Ra's new origin story would be. It would obviously be significantly different from the SOTS story, and would more likely take most of its cues from whatever MYP had planned. If that's the case, Adora would be 15-16yrs old like 200X Adam, making the MOTUC Adora the older 18-20yr old version.

So then we would need a 200X-influenced Adora figure...whew, we just keep adding to this line, don't we. Hopefully Matty's listening.
    No doubt we'd need an Adora figure, after Adam comes out. Teela too.
    The teen female buck could be used for at least 3 MYP versions of classic females: Adora, Teela and Evil-Lyn when she first met Keldor.

The male buck was doubted by many fans because there aren't any characters that are teen males, besides 200X Adam. Now if we ever get the Filmation or Jetlag rights, at least Caz could reuse parts from 200X Adam. Maybe, maybe two of the scientists from NA.

I'd like to see this version of Adam. It'd be my default Adam. I've never cared for the "He-Man wearing a purple and pink outfit" look. I like the idea of the 200x series where Adam actually didn't look exactly like He-Man. I'd rather not have everyone on Eternia not be obviously foolish, or everyone of them used to live in Metropolis.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I personally could care less if they make him or not. I'd rather get to other characters that haven't had an update since the 80's. Put the new tooling that it would cost to make him towards a Ram-man figure.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I personally could care less if they make him or not. I'd rather get to other characters that haven't had an update since the 80's. Put the new tooling that it would cost to make him towards a Ram-man figure.
    Like near the end of the line when most of the vintage figures have come out?

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but are you posting from 2009? They already gave us Adora's MOTUC origin, and it's the same as her old one. Granted it's painted in broad strokes, and there's no mention of Shadow Weaver putting spells on her, but it's not 'obviously different' from Secret of the Sword. I think it's pretty obvious Adora and Adam were older when they reunited than when Adam first became He-Man. That doesn't contradict anything we've seen before, even in the canons that don't otherwise line up. If you're thinking they would need to give this teenaged Adora (who I don't think they need to make since we've never seen such a version of her before) a new bio to explain her time with the Horde and that it would possibly contradict the Filmation details, I think they'd sooner make her a pack in with no bio as they did with Prince Adam. She could be packed with Kowl or Loo-Kee.

Oh, I agree completely. I think he'd be cool because he was a different shape.
    I'm trying to guess at Mattel's views regarding what clashes with Classics tooling costs vs. reuse, none of which is predictable.

I hadn't seen that reply before, it certainly seems like they've at least given some thought, right? That's interesting and nice to see that if the design got made, it wouldn't be jammed on a huge body.

I think I mentioned a page or two back that 200X Adam could fit as a teen Adam or even He-Man's son from one of those proposed stories. I think it could be tighter to fit than many of the story mashups that the bios have been taking heat for thus far. It's not impossible though, and I'm generally happy with the variety of stuff that's been worked in so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I apologize if this sounds harsh, but are you posting from 2009? They already gave us Adora's MOTUC origin, and it's the same as her old one. Granted it's painted in broad strokes, and there's no mention of Shadow Weaver putting spells on her, but it's not 'obviously different' from Secret of the Sword. I think it's pretty obvious Adora and Adam were older when they reunited than when Adam first became He-Man. That doesn't contradict anything we've seen before, even in the canons that don't otherwise line up. If you're thinking they would need to give this teenaged Adora (who I don't think they need to make since we've never seen such a version of her before) a new bio to explain her time with the Horde and that it would possibly contradict the Filmation details, I think they'd sooner make her a pack in with no bio as they did with Prince Adam. She could be packed with Kowl or Loo-Kee.
    Adora's MOTUC bio is indeed done in broad strokes. As for it being Secret of the Sword, well, it can't be. The fact that Etheria exists in the dimension of Despondos, and that the Sorceress cloned the Sword of He pretty much tells us we have somewhat of a blank slate.

Thus, it is at this point up in the air whether what you say about Adora being older when she meets her brother is the case, or if MOTUC will take cues from the MYP cartoon and pick up with the abandoned Season 3 concepts - which has the Horde invading Eternia and overthrowing Randor and Eternos. The MYP invasion story element has already been absorbed into MOTUC - but for continuity's sake we don't know definitively if Adam and Adora are 15 or 18yrs old at this point in the story (perhaps I've missed some piece of news). As far as I'm concerned, the MOTUC continuity is its own entity - some parts can be predicted, but many more are mysteries to us.

Could Leon from Double Edged Sword use Adam's buck (especially if the go with gbaboks redesign, which I doubt but would be cool!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I just saw a 200X costumed He-man and than it hit me.

They could use his bug for an Teenaged Adam, he is smaller and thinner than the MOTUC bugs!?!?!?!

Adora's MOTUC bio is indeed done in broad strokes. As for it being Secret of the Sword, well, it can't be. The fact that Etheria exists in the dimension of Despondos, and that the Sorceress cloned the Sword of He pretty much tells us we have somewhat of a blank slate.

Thus, it is at this point up in the air whether what you say about Adora being older when she meets her brother is the case, or if MOTUC will take cues from the MYP cartoon and pick up with the abandoned Season 3 concepts - which has the Horde invading Eternia and overthrowing Randor and Eternos. The MYP invasion story element has already been absorbed into MOTUC - but for continuity's sake we don't know definitively if Adam and Adora are 15 or 18yrs old at this point in the story (perhaps I've missed some piece of news). As far as I'm concerned, the MOTUC continuity is its own entity - some parts can be predicted, but many more are mysteries to us.
    I just don't agree it's as up in the air as you make it sound. They have already given us a backstory that lines up with SoTS, even if they can't pull directly from it. Etheria being in Despondos is incidental, it's dominated by the Horde either way. If they were going to reinvent Adora's backstory so much, they would have done so in her bio. Abandoned MYP concepts are a harder sell than trying to match up as legally as possible to the stories we already know. I think it was better to leave it vague and carefully not contradict the familiar history than to treat it like a blank slate. Stuff like Cloned Teela aside, the grander reinventions and new slates are for you to make in your own sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I just saw a 200X costumed He-man and than it hit me.

They could use his bug for an Teenaged Adam, he is smaller and thinner than the MOTUC bugs!?!?!?!
    But by that logic why wouldn't they just use the 200x Adam figure?

Put me in the classic Prince Adam category. Never have been able to see the problem with people mistaking Adam for He-Man ... they just don't look that much the same IMO.

Thus, I don't have a great need for a teen Adam and thus a teen Teela and Adora. However, it will be interesting to see how Matty handle the sculpt for the teen Prince as we know this has been mentioned as a potential variant before.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

There will never be a Prince Adam in a diffrent scale as the other male MOTUC figures. The idea of it is offensive to everything that MOTUC stands for.

If we do not have a skinny Skeletor, a hunchback Beastman or a fat Whiplash why would we have a skinny teenage Prince Adam?

If he is ever released, it will be a change to the face, clothes, weapons and nothing else. He will be made fit in with the other MOTUC figures.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    There will never be a Prince Adam in a diffrent scale as the other male MOTUC figures. The idea of it is offensive to everything that MOTUC stands for.

If we do not have a skinny Skeletor, a hunchback Beastman or a fat Whiplash why would we have a skinny teenage Prince Adam?

If he is ever released, it will be a change to the face, clothes, weapons and nothing else. He will be made fit in with the other MOTUC figures.
    Oh . . . ?

2. Lord_Of_Destruction:
    You say the 200X look is retired, but weren't we promised a 200X Prince Adam variant in Classics? How would this be approached given that the appeal of 200X Adam is that he is a younger figure with a smaller body instead of simply a He-Man repaint?

Fans have yet to see a teenage MOTUC figure. A teenage Adam would be a new buck in Classics style, so smaller, but without 200X anime hyper detail. Adam would be a great candidate to do a teen version. Time will tell when and if this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Oh . . . ?

2. Lord_Of_Destruction:

Man you 200X fans will hang onto anything!!! TG did say 'when and if' but thats a pretty big 'if'.

What’s the use of a teenage buck in MOTUC if it can't be used by any other character in the MOTU line?

Sounds like a waste of tooling to me especially as we already have a perfectly good Classics Prince Adam. May as well re-release the 200X figure and save on tooling a new buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    But by that logic why wouldn't they just use the 200x Adam figure?

Put me in the classic Prince Adam category. Never have been able to see the problem with people mistaking Adam for He-Man ... they just don't look that much the same IMO.

Thus, I don't have a great need for a teen Adam and thus a teen Teela and Adora. However, it will be interesting to see how Matty handle the sculpt for the teen Prince as we know this has been mentioned as a potential variant before.
    The Logic behind that is, that the 200X Adam would be too skinny and than it´s totally unrealistic, that sad, i´m with you.

I don´t see a necessaty for teenage bugs but they are mentioned and there for a possibility i just thought that would be the cheapest or easiest way and that´s always the issue

Man you 200X fans will hang onto anything!!! TG did say 'when and if' but thats a pretty big 'if'.
    Toyguru kept on repeating it as much as he's said "no more 200X heads".

What’s the use of a teenage buck in MOTUC if it can't be used by any other character in the MOTU line?
    That's the same problem with Ram Man, Mantenna, Gwildor, Blast Attack, Rokkon, Stonedar or Rio Blast. Why bring out those characters out they can't be used again? Face it, some characters can't be used more than once.

Sounds like a waste of tooling to me especially as we already have a perfectly good Classics Prince Adam.
    YOU like Classics Adam. Others prefer the 200X Adam.

May as well re-release the 200X figure and save on tooling a new buck.
    So should Mattel release a vintage or 200X Ram Man, explain that he's the Filmation sized dwarf and save on tooling a new buck there?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 23, 2010 at 06:42am.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Man you 200X fans will hang onto anything!!!
    I'm not a "200X fan", but thanks for playing!