Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I can understand the need and want for a younger Adam, not so much the case with Adora though.

200X Adora is the same idea as 200X Adam; regular Adora looks like She-Ra with longer hair--not much of a change.
    Besides, wouldn't it be strange if Adora is much older than Adam?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 20, 2011 at 08:44pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Teen Adam would be a flashback figure, as would Teen Adora. In MOTUC canon, the two would have never met at that younger age. Teen Adam would have been living on Eternia with Teen Teela, while Teen Adora was growing up in the Horde.

When fans get their characters, they don't have to follow the official storyline if they want to use the younger Adam and Adora to have more of a difference between He-Man/Adam and She-Ra/Adora.
    That is a very plausible storyline. I've never thought of 200x Adam being a flashback figure. A very interesting concept. So by the time he would make it to Etheria in Secret of the Sword Adam would be an adult which would explain why he looks like He-Man in a vest. I would love to see a 200x teen Teela and an older concept Teela from the unproduced season of 200x as MOTUC.

Making a Prince Adam out of Kamandi is not a bad idea. At least until Mattel makes one, hopefully.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I can understand the need and want for a younger Adam, not so much the case with Adora though.
    They're twins, right? well Displaying a twenty-something Adora, next to a Fifteen/sixteen Y.O. twin brother is kinda odd...
    Also it makes the difference between She-Ra and Adora a lot greater than just the hair length...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Personally, I don't think we need a "teen" version of Adam or any of the other characters. Just use what we have now and add in some 200X style elements to enhance the figures.

Like with Adam, give him a real shirt, the bandoleer and some different boots.

But I would like to see The Four Horsemen go a different route with Adam. Incorporate elements from the Original/Filmation, NA, and 200X. Give us a new look for him.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

200X Adora is the same idea as 200X Adam; regular Adora looks like She-Ra with longer hair--not much of a change.
    It wouldn't necessarily be strange considering that most people automatically
    associate young Adam with the MYP series, Adora however never showed up at that age in the series.
    So would it be strange? not really considering that we already have an older Adam to go with older Adora.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    They're twins, right? well Displaying a twenty-something Adora, next to a Fifteen/sixteen Y.O. twin brother is kinda odd...
    Also it makes the difference between She-Ra and Adora a lot greater than just the hair length...
    It would be odd if we didn't already have the older Adam, but since we do then we can display older
    Adam with older Adora.
    Last edited by Azrael; December 20, 2011 at 09:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think if they do make a 200x Adam then I would like a 200x Adora. If Adam and Teela are the same age then 200x Teela would need a teenage body; why not use the same female teenage buck for a 200x Adora.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Personally, I don't think we need a "teen" version of Adam or any of the other characters.
    This figure would be for the fans of Adam looking totally different from He-Man. That crowd. The teen versions of the similarly aged Adora and Teela fit in with that variant of Adam.

Just use what we have now and add in some 200X style elements to enhance the figures.

Like with Adam, give him a real shirt, the bandoleer and some different boots.

But I would like to see The Four Horsemen go a different route with Adam. Incorporate elements from the Original/Filmation, NA, and 200X. Give us a new look for him.
    If you make 200X Adam an adult, then the point of doing him is lost. You might as well keep the regular Adam. I highlighted that for Mattel to read.

It wouldn't necessarily be strange considering that most people automatically associate young Adam with the MYP series, Adora however never showed up at that age in the series.
    A teen Adora would be made as if she did appear in the series. The 4H created 200X Adam. They can create 200X Adora.

It was never said Adam wasn't smaller when he first used the sword in Filmation--but more importantly MOTUC isn't Filmation anyway. If they're combining stuff, then 200x gave us a teenaged Adam first becoming He-Man, so it's perfectly justifiable for us to get that figure in MOTUC besides the fact that a lot of fans want it anyway.

A teenaged Adora might be possible, but it doesn't seem as natural since they don't have to be displayed together as younger/smaller characters. Also I think a Horde Adora variant with gray instead of red tunic and a Horde symbol would be more popular and she actually appeared that way in some media.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 20, 2011 at 10:43pm.

Horde Adora AND Teen Adora could be the one and the same figure.
    The Teen girl buck would help the whole Force Captain Wunderkind that Adora is supposed to be...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'm not in a rush at all to see 200x Adam or Adora in the MOTUC line. I don't mind if they're released in 2018.

We need more NEW characters. Some fan requested figures such as Spikor, Mosquitor, Scorpia, Frosta, Castaspella, Glimmer, Two Bad, Ram Man, Mekanek, Rokkon, Mantenna, Rattlor, Batros, Horde Troopers or Modulok would be a good start.

And as far as variants go, I think it would be way more interesting to get Dragon Blaster Skeletor, NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Filmation Hordak or even Starburst She-Ra first...

A teen Adora would be made as if she did appear in the series. The 4H created 200X Adam. They can create 200X Adora.
    Of that much I'm sure, they would likely make a teenage Teela first and get as much usage out of the buck as possible. What I was simply saying was that a teenage Adora for some wouldn't be as necessary as a teenage Adam would be.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Horde Adora AND Teen Adora could be the one and the same figure.
    The Teen girl buck would help the whole Force Captain Wunderkind that Adora is supposed to be...
    I'd prefer a hybrid of Horde and Teen Adora. That makes much more sense.
    Last edited by Azrael; December 21, 2011 at 07:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../adora_bio.jpg
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...by_Jukkart.jpg

That first pic of Adora looks great! That style makes her look like she jumped right out of Hyrule from Ocarina of Time (playing that classic game right now on 3DS).

I'm all for young Adora, Adam, and Teela. One of the best changes I liked about 200X was Adam being a teen instead of looking exactly like He-man. If there's a young Adam, there has to be a young Adora too. I don't see why not. They could've met when they were young fighting each other when Adora was with the Horde only for them to meet again years later as adults when her destiny was revealed.

The trouble with Horde Adora=Teen Adora is that she is very easily made from the existing Adora buck based on existing vintage media.

I Love this art work of Adam and Adora.
    Manny

Vykron's gloves brings us closer to a 200X Adam!

hay i did not think about that, your rite!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    first off i like that in that comic adora asks to join the rebellion not just telling them like secret of the sword!

why not use the original teen body for dare, since the bios are going that way anyway, then prince adam etc

as for the differences between adam and he-man in 200x it was more of a billy batson captain marvel deal but in the original i always thought the tan was the excess power seeping through his skin making him glow and obscuring his feature slightly

take disneys hercules look at the difference between his normal look and the glowing look at the end, or even green lantern where the glow is supposed to obscure his cheekbones!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I reeeeeeeally want this version of ADAM, but I don't see it happening at this point. Sure, all it would require is HE-MAN in a blue ADAM vest, but it's probably not considered 'essential' now.

Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 12, 2012 at 12:57am.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Snappy Threader
    We need a Prince Adam and bio on card for sure, but I will stick with the Adam we already have on his own card with bio. Not really needing a 200x version. But that's just me.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I already have the Filmation Adam and I love it...
    I don't like the 200x cartoon and action figures for many reasons...
    but
    I have to admit that the 200x series got some great ideas, I adore Keldor, Kronis (but I wanted a green face), King Grayskull, the new Stinkor head, the new Mantenna crossbow and the idea of a teen Adam is pure genius in my opinion.
    So I'd love to have a teen Adam!!!
    (I'd love also to have an Alcala Adam)
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess