Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

Why do people not believe 200X Adam will not be made when TG has all but said he will be?

I think, when he does come out, they should reverse this years release, and include a hidden 200X Orko!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Why do people not believe 200X Adam will not be made when TG has all but said he will be?

I think, when he does come out, they should reverse this years release, and include a hidden 200X Orko!
    So you want him to be an SDCC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dampiel View Post
    So you want him to be an SDCC exclusive.
    Not necessarily, 200X Adam would be smaller than a regular male MOTUC figure, so it's possible he could come with Orko for a $20 price point, such as the falcons coming with Teela and Evil-Lyn. Therefore he can be a quarterly A-list bonus
    Tweet Me!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Fans tend not to believe things until they see them. We see this all the time.
    That's why POP, NA and 200X characters continue to be a major shock to fans. Although they are repeatedly told that ___________ will be represented in the line or that ___________ is coming, some fans will not accept this until a figure is revealed.

This was highlighted at Optikk and Carnivus' reveals.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Fans tend not to believe things until they see them. We see this all the time.
    That's why POP, NA and 200X characters continue to be a major shock to fans. Although they are repeatedly told that ___________ will be represented in the line or that ___________ is coming, some fans will not accept this until a figure is revealed.

This was highlighted at Optikk and Carnivus' reveals.
    Surely after this year and the early releases for next year, nobody should be thinking it's just a vintage line any longer? me personally, I think the tail end of this year is too vintage!
    Tweet Me!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Though I'm starting to think that They'll just do him with a standard buck maybe using Hordak's flat Abs and Bow's pants. Maybe He-Ro's Gauntlets with Hordak's gloved hands to make the "200X" gloves without Anime Hyper Detail. New Jacket and the techno sword in Magenta. (in "closed" mode if we're lucky. Hopefully it will be grey and green instead of Magenta.)
    Admittedly, I'm not a fan of teen Adam but I cannot see the point of releasing a variant as 'younger' 200x Adam if it is the same He-Man buck. Surely this character has to be a smaller sculpted body?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The popular school of thought is that a slightly re-tooled DC universe body will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not a fan of teen Adam but I cannot see the point of releasing a variant as 'younger' 200x Adam if it is the same He-Man buck. Surely this character has to be a smaller sculpted body?
    It should be a smaller body, but then again, this is Mattel we're talking about. I wouldn't put past them killing the "young" Adam and releasing an "adult" Adam with the MYP clothes since Youth could be considered an "anime Hyperdetail".

IF he were to be made (being told he might/will be made... won't believe it till I see it) I'm really hoping for a smaller MOTUC looking body for young Adam. If it doesn't happen, then he'd better look as faithful to 200X Adam as possible within the parameters that the MOTUC style would allow.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    It should be a smaller body, but then again, this is Mattel we're talking about ... Youth could be considered an "anime Hyperdetail".
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Lerath666 View Post
    The popular school of thought is that a slightly re-tooled DC universe body will be used.
    But the DC Universe body sculpt (Be it the adult or the teen size bodies!) doesn't fit in with MOTUC. A teenage Adam would look ridiculous and out of sorts with the rest of the MOTUC. A newly sculpted body would have to be done to make it done right. And that is not in the cards!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

we already have an adam. we don't need another. case closed. lock this thread.

We do need a younger Adam, if only to correct the Four Horsemen's error in judgement and give him a proper sheath for his sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    But the DC Universe body sculpt (Be it the adult or the teen size bodies!) doesn't fit in with MOTUC. A teenage Adam would look ridiculous and out of sorts with the rest of the MOTUC. A newly sculpted body would have to be done to make it done right. And that is not in the cards!
    It wasn't ridiculous in 200X, unless you hated Adam looking different than He-Man then. Unlike Classic Prince Adam who is so identical to He-Man, his head can be placed on He-Man's body for Pete's sake, a different looking Adam is the entire point of the figure.

If a 200X Adam is impossible, then you might as well say Sagitar (centaur), Artilla (blocky robot), Rokkon, Stonedar (rock people), Gwildor (dwarf), Leech (thick) and Mantenna (4 legs) are also impossible. All different body types AND newly sculpted bodies there.

Not to mention Snake Face, Rattlor, Multi-Bot, Ram Man, Rio-Blast, Extendar, Blast Attak, Dragstor, Saurod, Sssqueeze, Horde Trooper, Two Bad, Hoove and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawful View Post
    we already have an adam. we don't need another. case closed. lock this thread.
    If we had gotten 200X Adam before Classic Adam would you be feeling the same way?
    I love how vintage purists would deny fans of other eras bonus figures.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

My only problem with the release of a younger Adam is that the part of me that needs balance would want a younger Adora as well. I know we've never seen her, and she wasn't part of the story at that point in her life, but I would REALLY REALLY want to see her.

It wasn't ridiculous in 200X, unless you hated Adam looking different than He-Man then. Unlike Classic Prince Adam who is so identical to He-Man, his head can be placed on He-Man's body for Pete's sake, a different looking Adam is the entire point of the figure.

If a 200X Adam is impossible, then you might as well say Sagitar (centaur), Artilla (blocky robot), Rokkon, Stonedar (rock people), Gwildor (dwarf), Leech (thick) and Mantenna (4 legs) are also impossible. All different body types AND newly sculpted bodies there.

Not to mention Snake Face, Rattlor, Multi-Bot, Ram Man, Rio-Blast, Extendar, Blast Attak, Dragstor, Saurod, Sssqueeze, Horde Trooper, Two Bad, Hoove and others.

If we had gotten 200X Adam before Classic Adam would you be feeling the same way?
    I agree that it's ridiculous that some people pitch a fit whenever 200X is brought up. But if Adam is done right he wouldn't be a bonus figure.He'd need a whole new buck so he'd be a monthly.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    My only problem with the release of a younger Adam is that the part of me that needs balance would want a younger Adora as well. I know we've never seen her, and she wasn't part of the story at that point in her life, but I would REALLY REALLY want to see her.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=171225 ?

That isn't a problem at all. A teenage "200X Adora" and 200X Teela can share parts just like their older incarnations.

I've asked Toyguru about a young female buck a few times, but he's avoided answering those questions.

Something like that, yes. But at this point she would probably be Force Captain, so I'd like to see a darker look about her.

That isn't a problem at all. A teenage "200X Adora" and 200X Teela can share parts just like their older incarnations.

I've asked Toyguru about a young female buck a few times, but he's avoided answering those questions.
    Ah, but would she technically be considered a "new" character? Those are currently not on the table.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Something like that, yes. But at this point she would probably be Force Captain, so I'd like to see a darker look about her.
    Actually, I doubt she *would* be a Force Captain at this point - SotS is fairly clear that (a) Adora hasn't been a FCpt long ("I've spent most of my life training in the Fright Zone - there's been little time to see the rest of Etheria"), and (b) that the Horde flunkies aren't happy at all about her very quick rise through the ranks, and put it down to nepotism ("Who cares about her? She shouldn't even be leading us - why, if she wasn't Hordak's favourite..."). At 16, she'd be just short of entering/just starting in the Horde-proper.
    Last edited by Reboot; August 8, 2010 at 10:55am.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Actually, I doubt she *would* be a Force Captain at this point - SotS is fairly clear that (a) Adora hasn't been a FCpt long ("I've spent most of my life training in the Fright Zone - there's been little time to see the rest of Etheria"), and (b) that the Horde flunkies aren't happy at all about her very quick rise through the ranks, and put it down to nepotism ("Who cares about her? She shouldn't even be leading us - why, if she wasn't Hordak's favourite..."). At 16, she'd be just short of entering/just starting in the Horde-proper.
    Fair enough. I'd still like a darker look about her.

Ah, but would she technically be considered a "new" character? Those are currently not on the table.

I don't think she is a "new character". Like Clamp Champ, she would have showed up in the third season. Toyguru knows about MYP's fourth season which introduced the NA characters, so Adora/She-Ra showing up in MYP is another plot point that we never saw.

As for canon, she could be Adora while she was training in the Fright Zone. Her bio could elaborate on her brainwashing.

I don't think she is a "new character". Like Clamp Champ, she would have showed up in the third season. Toyguru knows about MYP's fourth season which introduced the NA characters, so Adora/She-Ra showing up in MYP is another plot point that we never saw.

As for canon, she could be Adora while she was training in the Fright Zone. Her bio could elaborate on her brainwashing.

Damn, I'd love that kind of Adora, and I really don't like the one we got now.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    A younger 200X Adam and Adora would be cool. The body could be re-used for other younger characters (currently available and Filmation):

Females:

- Teela
    - Glimmer
    - Castaspella's apprentice

Males:

- Stanlan (Melaktha's apprentice, Eternian archeologist)
    - The boy who's a Royal Guard
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Is Perfuma smaller than normal...she seems like it, character-wise.

Did I say I hated having Prince Adam looking different than He-Man? No I did not! I don't have a problem with Adam being a teen while He-Man was an adult. And did you even read what I said? I said the DC Universe bodies be it the adult or the teen sculpt just would "NOT" work with MOTUC. They do "NOT" fit in scale with MOTUC. I want my teenage Adam to fit in scale with the rest of the figures that have been produced! And we have heard time and time again that we would rarely if not at all see a MOTUC that would be a figure that would not have parts that could be shared to create another MOTUC character. A teenage Adam would need to be a completely newly tooled body for him to be made. Who else in MOTUC would be able to use these parts? No one! Even if Mattel did decide to go ahead and do it anyway! We would not see him anytime soon!

And I believe we probably won't see some of these characters. Not until Mattel stops with the making figures who are able to be produced by reusing parts.

No I wouldn't. Unlike you who always focuses on wanting 200x inspired looks in MOTUC. I like it all! All I want is to actually have a said character made into figure form! While yes, I do like some versions more than others. As long as I have that character. I am happy! Like right now, I want the Sorceress! I don;'t care if it is her original design (ala Filmation) or the 200X Egyptian style garb. I just want her cause she is a character that needs to be made into a figure!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban