Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 200X ADAM & VINTAGE ADAM in MOTUC

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    In my opinion there is really no point to the Adam alter ego if he looks exactly like He-Man. The only Adam I'm interested in is the skinny teenage Adam from 200X.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218746

Emiliano thinks up a teen buck for MOTUC. Lizard Man and Teen Prince Adam are the recipients!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I like the art.

But how many figures could use this buck aside from Adam & Lizard Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I like the art.

Caz from New Adventures and Stanlan, Melaktha's apprentice. A whole bunch of Filmation teens.

Heroic Warrior
    But are the tennies from Filmation fan demanded?

But are the tennies from Filmation fan demanded?
    Nope. Just Adam, Lizard Man, Caz and Stanlan, so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Wouldn`t it be possible, that Lizard Man gets the same muscular body as anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    i think you are forgetting Prince Zed! Horde Prime needs his son

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I like the art.

Wouldn't Mantenna and Modulok use a thinner torso buck as well? Their vintage counterparts did not have the typical beefy torsos that most of the characters shared.

You think Mattel could use a pre-existing buck from their DC Universe line?
    I did a comparison of the Kamandi figure and the buck is similar to the one
    MOTUC utilizes and size-wise it can pass for a teenager size buck. There's
    also the option of using the same legs or modifying them. If Mattel is opened
    to this option perhaps these figures could be early possibilities and be done
    without expending to much money for a new buck that might see limited use.

Last edited by Azrael; December 20, 2011 at 01:42am.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    You think its possible for Mattel could use a pre-existing buck from their
    DC Universe line? I did a comparison of the Kamandi figure and the buck
    is similar to the one MOTUC utilizes and size-wise it can pass for teenager
    size buck. The only thing left is to add a new head with the option of slightly
    modifying the legs.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gLJ0OmEY2U...0/kamandi1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gLJ0OmEY2U...0/kamandi3.jpg
    no DC got mad then they did that with Zoar and told them no more

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Seriously? They can do that? why would DC get mad over something as mundane as toys utilizing similar bucks?
    especially since many toylines have done it.
    Last edited by Azrael; December 20, 2011 at 01:51am.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    I like the art.

I hope for mantenna! Using the regular buck on him would look just plain weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Seriously? They can do that? why would DC get mad over something as mundane as toys utilizing similar bucks?
    especially since many toylines have done it.
    Probably because DC is smart and wants part ownership of all figure designs created in the line in case they take it somewhere else (or internally) later.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I have the Adam I want already...no need for me to buy an Adam from a cartoon I never watched or liked...where in Filmation was it established Adam was a teenager?....I know plenty of 20 some year olds that act exactly like Adam did in Filmation, just because he's "Prince" Adam and acts oafish, doesn't mean he's a teen. I have been watching and am familiar with Filmation I have seen nothing stating Adam is a teen. And since the 80's version of He-Man is what I go by...Adam is just a (pretending) lazy, kiddish young adult in his early 20's.....and He-Man is Adam just made wiser and stronger by the powers of the sword, therefore the same age...only wiser when the spirits of Grayskull enter his mind.....Even Hot Rod from Transformers was immature even after becoming a Prime, once he ventured inside the matrix he became more wiser, and understood things better.

For 2002 fans I hope someday you get your Adam....Not saying you shouldn't...I just don't get where the Adam is a teen thing came from, and it's just disturbing to me that a boys body would hulk out into a late 20's adult man....He-Man is an extension of Adam....not an entirely different person hiding in a sword that possesses Adam....Even in Yugi-oh this was weird...but even there it was a spirit that possessed Yugi Moto...when he became Yami...he was a totally different person...only retaining the thoughts of Yugi. This is not the case with He-Man...Adam remembers everything He-Man did, He-Man knows everything Adam does...because it's more of a Clark / Superman thing...but more like Bruce Wayne becoming Superman through magical help. And eben though I like Ben 10.....that is equally as disturbing...The incredible Hulk was an example of 2 separate entities in the same body....although the same person just the Jeckll and Hyde thing...neither remembers what the other did, but the Hulk there too, going from a scrawny man to a huge ripped beast...and back....oh the stretch marks and flabby skin ....It's just more realistic to assume the Filmation Adam just became wiser and powerful with use of magic, same person, same body, same age.

And the alter Ego comes in that Adam is a normal human until he uses the sword to enhance his abilities...magical steroids if you will...He-Man and Adam look alike...but so do Superman and Clark Kent aside from a pair of glasses.....yet as Clark he dresses like a farm boy, or in a suit...as Cal-El he dons his Blue tards...leo that is....Adam has his wonderfull frilly Pink vest and purple leggings.....He-Man is more like Chippendale Adam...look at my huge ripped body baby!!! The mask is not needed because everyone is looking at his powers of Grayskull not his face...
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 20, 2011 at 12:05pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have the Adam I want already...no need for me to buy an Adam from a cartoon I never watched or liked...where in Filmation was it established Adam was a teenager....I know plenty of 20 some year olds that act exactly like Adam did in Filmation, just because he's "Prince" Adam and acts oafish, doesn't mean he's a teen. I have been watching and am familiar with Filmation I have seen nothing stating Adam is a teen. And since the 80's version of He-Man is what I go by...Adam is just a (pretending) lazy, kiddish young adult in his early 20's.....and He-Man is Adam just made wiser and stronger by the powers of the sword, therefore the same age...only wiser when the spirits of Grayskull enter his mind.....Even Hot Rod from Transformers was immature even after becoming a Prime, once he ventured inside the matrix he became more wiser, and understood things better.
    Teen Adam is for those fans who don't like Prince Adam looking exactly like He-Man in royal clothes. You're not one of those fans, since you have your Adam already.

Prince Adam would have looked different from He-Man in Filmation if they weren't trying to keep costs down.

How about the Adam from the early DC comics, with the blue vest with gold cuffs/red squares on the edges and none of the white/purple/pink stuff going on? THAT'S an Adam I'd love to have. All he need come with (beside the blue vest) is the alternate smirking Adam head, gray sword, and gray half sword (and maybe the half sword could be left out if it were that much of a cost issue). Hell, it's really just He-Man with a blue vest and alternate head! No reason they can't do him!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    How about the Adam from the early DC comics, with the blue vest with gold cuffs/red squares on the edges and none of the white/purple/pink stuff going on? THAT'S an Adam I'd love to have. All he need come with (beside the blue vest) is the alternate smirking Adam head, gray sword, and gray half sword (and maybe the half sword could be left out if it were that much of a cost issue). Hell, it's really just He-Man with a blue vest and alternate head! No reason they can't do him!
    I'd like him too! It's also a great way to give Prince Adam another cardback and bio.

Teen Adam is for those fans who don't like Prince Adam looking exactly like He-Man in royal clothes. You're not one of those fans, since you have your Adam already.

Prince Adam would have looked different from He-Man in Filmation if they weren't trying to keep costs down.
    No I'm not a fan of the small Adam at all....but I did state I do hope that 2002 fans get their version...as I am not against it being made..I just have my Adam already...yes..

And I know it was stated they used the He-Man build as Adam for supposed cost cutting measures...but fact is they did, and it is part of MOTU history now......My point it Adam is depicted in MOTU as buff and never stated his age in the show...to my knowledge...regardless as to the original animators reasoning...and what about the Mini comic Adam?...same as He-Man as well. only with a blue vest...no tights..even had the same boots and bracelets as He-Man. That wasn't Filmation, even they used the same He-Man build as Adam, and unlike Filmation, every panel in a comic was drawn from scratch. But even a worse disguise than the Filmation Adam due to only wearing a vest, instead of an entirely different outfit.

Not to mention...I guess the "Cat" is out of the bag by the time Fisto comes around, since the pic I saw had Adam with Battle Cat...not Cringer....speaking of which was Cringer around before Filmation?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 20, 2011 at 12:57pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I have no interest in a 200x Adam, but I would definitely like a pre-filmation mini-comic or mini-series Adam like others said.

Id love a Teen Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i think you are forgetting Prince Zed! Horde Prime needs his son
    And Teen Randor and Keldor !!!

Id love those too!!!
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; December 20, 2011 at 02:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I too would like to see a 200x Prince Adam. I am did see the whole series when it first aired in the early 80's and I enjoyed the John Irwin portrayal of Adam but, IMHO, the teenage Prince made more sense as an alter ego to He-Man.
    The only way I don't see the teenage Adam making sense storywise is when it comes to She-Ra. If Adam is a teen then it begs to reason that Adora would also be a teenager on Etheria. Could she be the leader of the Great Rebellion or be one of Hordak's best Force Captains if she is a teenager like Adam? Plus how are the women in the Great Rebellion going to hit on Adam if he is a teenager?
    But still, bring on a 200x Adam, please, with an articulated Cringer.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I too would like to see a 200x Prince Adam. I am did see the whole series when it first aired in the early 80's and I enjoyed the John Irwin portrayal of Adam but, IMHO, the teenage Prince made more sense as an alter ego to He-Man.
    The only way I don't see the teenage Adam making sense storywise is when it comes to She-Ra. If Adam is a teen then it begs to reason that Adora would also be a teenager on Etheria. Could she be the leader of the Great Rebellion or be one of Hordak's best Force Captains if she is a teenager like Adam? Plus how are the women in the Great Rebellion going to hit on Adam if he is a teenager?
    But still, bring on a 200x Adam, please, with an articulated Cringer.
    Teen Adam would be a flashback figure, as would Teen Adora. In MOTUC canon, the two would have never met at that younger age. Teen Adam would have been living on Eternia with Teen Teela, while Teen Adora was growing up in the Horde.

When fans get their characters, they don't have to follow the official storyline if they want to use the younger Adam and Adora to have more of a difference between He-Man/Adam and She-Ra/Adora.

When fans get their characters, they don't have to follow the official storyline if they want to use the younger Adam and Adora to have more of a difference between He-Man/Adam and She-Ra/Adora.
    I can understand the need and want for a younger Adam, not so much the case with Adora though.

Caz from New Adventures and Stanlan, Melaktha's apprentice. A whole bunch of Filmation teens.
    Evil Seed could also use it as he is rather short and thin. With some add ons, the upper torso could also work for Mantenna.

Generic Snakemen could also benefit from it.