View Poll Results: Who will be the obscure character destined for the next redesign?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Blastermaster - Extragalactic sharp-shooting Marshall

9 17.65%
  • 2. Iron-Master - Skeletors giant metal-skeleton

12 23.53%
  • 3. Damon - Wizard-rival of Skeletor!

30 58.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motu Redesign Challenge #94 - DarkDream

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Motu Redesign Challenge #94 - DarkDream

The Dark Spectre of Nightmares!

Our current subject in the redesign challenge, is quite a piece of work. An evil spirit from another dimension,
    who wishes to gain access to Eternia, by forever blotting out the sun, his only natural enemy, and rule in the
    ensuing darkness.

He feeds on fear and doubt, inducing those feelings into his victims in their sleep, with his other-worldly
    powers.

Reference-pictures:
    -------------------
    Cartooon

--------------------------
    The rules are as EVER:
    All people who choose to participate will have two weeks to come up with ONE redesign for this
    character. You can use any medium you wish. You can sketch, paint, make a 3-D model,
    make a sprite, make a custom action figure, whatever you want. Its entirely up to you!

As well, you don't have to force yourself to make your design conform to the new OR OLD cartoon &
    comic book's style. Be as drastic in your redesign as you see fit. Whatever makes you happy.
    If you can't think of a new design, or just hate the idea of working on this character,
    you do not have to feel obligated to participate in this particular challenge.
    You will still be free to participate in any future challenges you wish.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Wow, those really are some obscure choices.
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

Heroic Warrior
    Seems that all the decent choices are gone.

Movie mayhem!
    thought there was some female character next.. i remember the poll being like...not really a poll cause all the options were the same

Well, actually there ARE a few good ones left. Just counting from my own list, we've got the following upcoming:

Masque - Evil servant of Shokoti
    Delora - Eternian wife of Stratos
    Kowl - The know-it Owl! And advisor to Adora as well
    Horrorsaur - Skeletors Evil Reptilian horror!

And to top it all off: Move She-Ra for #100.

I will admit that we have gotten some pretty obscure choices lately, but that's going to change going forward. It's just that I do have a special place in my heart for some of the obscurities in this poll, especially Blastermaster. ^^

PATREEK: Damn right you remember! I've talked to Leanne/StratosMacca and she still doesn't have time, but soon she will. So we're gonna' hold two or so challenges until she gets an opening and then it's DELORA-TIME!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I can't wait to see the re-designs for Dark Dream. He is probably my favorite of the Filmation one shot villains. Monteeg comes a close second for first though but Dark Dream, you can do with him what ever your nightmares can produce. Vote for Iron Master.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Movie mayhem!
    OH ok sweet! Yes DELORA THAT IS! I knew it was someone I was excited about! :-)

Luckily I noticed this early. Seems like this character needs very creative hand if we want different entries.

My version is basically Filmation stuff, except he is silver screen too:
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    It's going to be intresting to see what everyone comes up with DarkDream, I may even have a shot at it.

The redesign I want next is The Iron Master, I've been waiting ages to redesign this character.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

Heroic Warrior

I've always been a fan of Micro Heroes, so here he is.

I might be able to take place in this round. I've got a vague idea of what I want to do it's just a matter of me having the time to do it.

heres mine i hope you all like

made a very few tweeks
    Last edited by gatchagrey; January 31, 2010 at 11:54am.
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Wow Gatch just wow. Thats creepy man threw me off at first, thought he was fading in and out at first.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Wow Gatch just wow. Thats creepy man threw me off at first, thought he was fading in and out at first.
    thanks trike i did just that... thanks for the idea...

this is just for fun but 2-bad is going to animate it for me too.. just to do something a bit different for the challenge
    Last edited by gatchagrey; January 18, 2010 at 06:34am.

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"

Your welcome though i thought that was your intention with the first pic. Oh well i hope more people get on board for this redesign. I think of Dark Dream as the Freddy Kreuger of Eternia, not the campy, laughable Freddy he became in the later movies but just dark and sinister like don't even take a nap or he'll get you Freddy vibe. What sets Dark Dream apart from Freddy though is he is just as viable a threat while your awake as well. I see him wearing down the Masters in their nightmares then letting someone like Skeletor, Hordak, or King Hsss take them out on the battlefield when they are fatigued. Then he justs does the same thing to the Evil Warriors, The Horde and the SnakeMen. When it gets down to whoever is left he just takes them out and rules Eternia. Yeah that sounds like a good fanfic, maybe i'll start on it after i get the Faker stories and BlackWeather done.

the way i see him is that you never reeally see him except in the corner of your eye... he makes you feel a chill down your spine as he slowly manipulates and twists your dreams into nightmares...
    Last edited by gatchagrey; January 18, 2010 at 10:37am.

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Luckily I noticed this early. Seems like this character needs very creative hand if we want different entries.

My version is basically Filmation stuff, except he is silver screen too:
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g?t=1263762744
    Interesting, so he's got like these images of horror from your own mind that he can project within his form, so he open up and flashes them on you, if you come close?

Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/Death-Weed/Dark-Dream.png

I've always been a fan of Micro Heroes, so here he is.
    Heh heh. A little bit cute, even tho he looks evil. =D I see you're going for the sort of cosmic look, then? With the stars and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what everyone comes up with DarkDream, I may even have a shot at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I might be able to take place in this round. I've got a vague idea of what I want to do it's just a matter of me having the time to do it.
    You two just GOTTA' come on in and join the fun! =) Every man counts! And this guy you can be as revealing or as mysterious about as you wish. Whatever is underneath those robes, is up to you!

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    A true demon of the dark there, Gatcha. A little bit TOO dark, image-wise. Try and maybe brighten it up a little bit, makes it easier to spot the details of his blue shape.
    Last edited by Predabot; January 18, 2010 at 04:27pm.

DarkDream

Interesting choice for a challenge. I was kind of hoping for Delora. But anyway, here is what I came up with.

Currently taking commissions, info is available on my website listed below.

Portfolio website: http://www.joshginter.org

Trader Review: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=bulun

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    You two just GOTTA' come on in and join the fun! =) Every man counts! And this guy you can be as revealing or as mysterious about as you wish. Whatever is underneath those robes, is up to you!
    Alright you talked me into it. Okay, the truth is I was waiting for my pizza to finish cooking.

Anyway I'm not really into this design or happy with it at all, and not because I rushed it either. It was hard to come up with something that wouldn't so close to the original. I had to keep the cloak around the head, it would almost be criminal to see his face. Other than that he pretty much looks like what you would have expected him to look like if they ever made a figure of him in the 80s. Furry boots, loincloth,belt, armor, shoulderguards.

been meaning to get back to these challenges! here's my entry for this go-round:

In the episode Eternal Darkness, Darkdream cannot survive under sunlight, and is shown to have some kind of connection with Evil-lyn--she is his ally and it is implied that Darkdream has power over her magic wand.

My take on the character depicts Darkdream having returned after his most recent defeat/banishment. The elements that I added to his costume are colored to emphasise his connection to Evil-Lyn. Here's just a bit of background info:

With the help of unseen forces of evil, DARKDREAM stalks Eternia once more! He maintains the ability to put his foes to sleep and control their dreams, but now he has manifested a powerful corporeal body as well, possessing strength to rival He-Man's! Darkdream can no longer be banished by sunlight--though he is still weakened by it. The Master of Nightmares seeks revenge against He-Man, and against his niece Evil-Lyn, who deserted him during his final battle. It remains to be seen whether the Faceless One will choose to intervene in the conflict between his brother Darkdream and his daughter Evil-Lyn.

So there you go, I just decided that Darkdream is The Faceless One's brother. Makes sense, right?
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    been meaning to get back to these challenges! here's my entry for this go-round:

In the episode Eternal Darkness, Darkdream cannot survive under sunlight, and is shown to have some kind of connection with Evil-lyn--she is his ally and it is implied that Darkdream has power over her magic wand.

My take on the character depicts Darkdream having returned after his most recent defeat/banishment. The elements that I added to his costume are colored to emphasise his connection to Evil-Lyn. Here's just a bit of background info:

With the help of unseen forces of evil, DARKDREAM stalks Eternia once more! He maintains the ability to put his foes to sleep and control their dreams, but now he has manifested a powerful corporeal body as well, possessing strength to rival He-Man's! Darkdream can no longer be banished by sunlight--though he is still weakened by it. The Master of Nightmares seeks revenge against He-Man, and against his niece Evil-Lyn, who deserted him during his final battle. It remains to be seen whether the Faceless One will choose to intervene in the conflict between his brother Darkdream and his daughter Evil-Lyn.

So there you go, I just decided that Darkdream is The Faceless One's brother. Makes sense, right?
    WoW!
    I like it a lot!
    ULTIMO MUTOC ACQUISTATO:
    demo-man
    sto leggendo:
    the new 52
    Progetto 18 il mio blog http://progettodiciotto.blogspot.com/

Waaaaay to go Bootleg! This is really astonishing, I always loved your style, great works as always.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

Here's mine.

"I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

here┤s mine
    (i only can think MOTUC lately)

Dark-Dream

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    THE RAW: Another Great possibility with existing parts!! I like what you're doing so much!

sonofblaine: That is the scariest one yet! yikes! All that's missing is a word balloon with him sayin: "what is your pleasure?"
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces