Thread: General Sunder = Modern Wun-Dar?

General Sunder = Modern Wun-Dar?

Hey everyone!
    I just watched the POP episode "Return of the General" last night and it got me thinkin.... (You can check out some fun facts about the episode here in this thread, or just do a search for the full episode, which is available for viewing online)

I really like the character of General Sunder, a real "stand up guy" if you ask me, and it got me thinking...
    What if sometime after this particular story takes place, and proving himself a noble warrior, Sunder, is somehow privileged with Wun-Dar's original Cosmic Armor and Ray Gun, and bcomes a modern day Wun-Dar on Etheria?

Wun-dar™ Bio

One hundred years before Prince Adam® was born, Wun-Dar™, a warrior from deep in the savage underground city of Tundaria, rescued a young woman who turned out to be the Goddess of Eternia®. Providing him with cosmic battle armor and a sophisticated ray gun that could tap into almost unlimited power, the Goddess tasked Wun-dar™ to protect both halves of the sword of He and keep them apart so as not to fall into the hands of evil. Like many warriors before him, Wun-dar™ became known as “The He-Man,” battling in a savage way to keep evil from obtaining the key to the great power hidden inside the long-forgotten Castle Grayskull®.
    Maybe there is a period when She-Ra is absent from Etheria, and he becomes her stand-in as protector of Etheria?
    Or maybe, like how he offers his assistance to She-Ra and the Rebellion whenever they need him in the fight against the horde, he would now don (instead of his old Horde Armor) the Classic Cosmic Armor, and equip himself with the Cosmic Ray Gun, as the newest de facto member of the Cosmic enforcers, kinda like Zodak, but on Etheria.

I dunno, I think it could work! Am I crazy?

Um, and we could even go as far as giving him a new alias, suitable to his new title, paying homage to the legendary Wun-Dar: Sun-Dar!
    And to further make sense of his new nickname, maybe his power could somehow be linked to, or energized by, the power of the Sun? Which is indeed, a cosmic element.

So, what do you all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    – No comment.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Their names rhyme (sorta), but that's about it. There would be a huge generation gap between them (100 years), so unless Wun-Dar ages slowly, I can't see it. I also find it hard to believe that Wun-Dar - a man chosen by the Goddess to protect Grayskull - would join the Evil Horde.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 17, 2010 at 10:56pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Nifty idea, but with Sunder being Filmation, any fruition from it is a long-time coming.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Ok, so maybe I'm not soo crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Their names rhyme (sorta), but that's about it. There would be a huge generation gap between them (100 years), so unless Wun-Dar ages slowly, I can't see it. I also find it hard to believe that Wun-Dar - a man chosen by the Goddess to protect Grayskull - would join the Evil Horde.
    Ahh, yes that is true, but I think you missed the part I said about him being in essense, the next Wun-Dar, of She-Ra's generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Nifty idea, but with Sunder being Filmation, any fruition from it is a long-time coming.
    Thanks! And yes, very true.
    I guess I was just kinda thinking Mattel would either eventually get those rights, or they could slightly tweak his character, like changing any official release of him from "Sunder" to "Sundar/Sun-Dar", so as to not infringe on copyrights.

Crazy, I know. I just really liked his character in that episode and believe he deserves the "Cosmic" upgrade, as well as his place in the new motuc canon. Then again, so does Shadoweaver!

Oh, and because I was also thinking, what has happened to that Black Cosmic Armor and Ray gun in present day Eternia/Etheria?
    Last edited by Neutro; January 18, 2010 at 06:26pm.
    – No comment.

It is a good theory. I don't know if Matty will include the 'other' He-Men in 'modern' times. I said it before in another thread and I'll say it here too. I think where the bios are eventually going is this way:

- Etheria is freed from the Horde's rule-
    - Hordak finds a way to return to Eternia (which is possible since He-Man can and has frequently traveled to Etheria)
    - A giant battle with The Horde/Snakemen/Skeletor's army against the Masters and the Rebellion - this could be the whole 'second ultimate battleground' that we're leading up to
    - Mossman, as one of the few ancients left uses what's left of his magical power to help the Sorceress try to open a portal to Despondos (or somewhere else) large enough to seal the entire Horde away forever
    - Mossman sacrifices himself in the second ultimate battleground during the course of the spell
    - Skeletor uses this opportunity as a chance to seize power and somehow the spell goes wrong causing He-Man and Skeletor to mysteriously vanish
    - He-Man and Skeletor weren't sent to Dispondos instead they were sent into the future (thus tying in NA)
    - She-Ra stays on Eternia to protect the planet from the Horde and Snakemen

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    It is a good theory. I don't know if Matty will include the 'other' He-Men in 'modern' times. I said it before in another thread and I'll say it here too. I think where the bios are eventually going is this way:

- Etheria is freed from the Horde's rule-
    - Hordak finds a way to return to Eternia (which is possible since He-Man can and has frequently traveled to Etheria)
    - A giant battle with The Horde/Snakemen/Skeletor's army against the Masters and the Rebellion - this could be the whole 'second ultimate battleground' that we're leading up to
    - Mossman, as one of the few ancients left uses what's left of his magical power to help the Sorceress try to open a portal to Despondos (or somewhere else) large enough to seal the entire Horde away forever
    - Mossman sacrifices himself in the second ultimate battleground during the course of the spell
    - Skeletor uses this opportunity as a chance to seize power and somehow the spell goes wrong causing He-Man and Skeletor to mysteriously vanish
    - He-Man and Skeletor weren't sent to Dispondos instead they were sent into the future (thus tying in NA)
    - She-Ra stays on Eternia to protect the planet from the Horde and Snakemen
    Hey I really like your take as well!
    And my Sun-Dar character could still fit right it, maybe even as a companion to She-Ra on Eternia, leaving his family behind on Etheria, or he could just stay there as a "fill-in" for She-Ra as I mentioned, and act as a back-up for Queen Angella, should she ever need his asisstance.
    So many possibilities!
    – No comment.