Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What IS that Thing? (Discussions about unknown MOTU and POP items)

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Ok since the box of the gun looks like a kind of transformer or condensor it has to bee a energy weapon. Maybe a electric blast weapon and the little Ball at the underside is a deflector. Obove the gun could be a laser pointer.
    In my imagination its a very primitive weapon that needs to load up a second before you can fire. The ray explosively shoots and is not very precise, so the laser pointer is a little useless and its better that Trap Jaw supports it with his other hand. After a few shoots the gun needs to cool down, so Trap Jaw has to use his other Weapons instead.
    Cool! I love this idea! Really brings in some limitations and makes things equal, on some levels (since some guys do have regular guns). Anyway, it sounds like it fits him perfectly! The new wild face they gave him matches with an imprecise weapon that fires these explosive bolts of electricity. Can you imagine running and yelling while firing wild bolts of energy all over the place? I love it!

Alright, so, explain to me what the doohickey on the bottom does as a "deflector"? Does that mean it's down there to protect the user from the wild bolts?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The Trap Jaw "Gun"...
    The Little Lightning Rod thing, could attract ions or protons to power up the cannon. (Similar to how the Mega Buster from Megaman charges up)
    The vents are just that... Vents. Added later on after problems with overheating. Problem with that many vents; they let in dust and other stuff that jams the cannon and forces TJ to use his other attachments.
    The "Scope" is a Blue Laser guiding system. Trap Jaw rarely uses it since it makes his blasts weaker. ( The Guidance system HAS to draw energy from somewhere.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I like the charging idea! Some sort of knowledge in science seems like it would be useful here. Only a slight idea of what you're talking about, but I like it! Mostly because you mentioned Mega Man, since he's a favorite. I never read anything on how his buster works, or what it was firing and why it was able to charge.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I want to know why Tri-Colps wears two belts around his waist.

I like the capacitor/charging imprecise idea of Trap Jaw's gun. When I was a kid I always used the gun (and lost the other 2 attachments quickly) because I couldn't figure out why he'd ever want to use a claw or a hook(!).

For Skeletor's gem I always pretended it was the source of a mystical force-field that kept lasers and magic spells from harming him. Otherwise why didn't MAA just pick him off with a gun of some kind. The gem absorbed the energies and acted like a battery for Skeletor's spells. Also why He-Man used a sword instead of a gun. He had to melee.

As for Tri-Klop's two belts: He had a weakness for Twinkies and didn't want the other minons making fun of his gut )

Too many scientist wannabes here!

The Alcala comics showed Beasty and Stratos releasing a stream of intense heat energy from the wrist gauntlet. Instead of a technical device, could it not be a magical one?? Just look at Marzo's amulet. I imagine they could actually be a pair of mystic elemental flame gauntlets that got separated and now one resides with each simian. Lets face it folks, these two DO need some good weapons!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
    I want to know why Tri-Colps wears two belts around his waist.
    Maybe he's the World and Intercontinental champion

To be honest, I don't like how the MOTUC figure has the inverted belt design on his armor. It looks too redundant.

Other than that though, his armor was always my favourite in the classic toy line!! (we need TriKlops smilies!!)
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Alright, folks! Time to revive this topic with some more curiosities:

Today, we'll be looking at Optikk.

First: The Photon Neutralizer. Buh-huh? Are photons not just a unit of light? Is this a reverse flashlight? Perhaps he needs it to dim the lights for his sensitive eye? If anyone can elaborate on Photons, this would be the place to do it! What could a Photon Neutralizer possibly do?

Next: The Shield! I gotta say, this seriously looks like an energy siphoning shield. If he gets blasted, the shield sucks up the weapon energy and...well, I dunno. Absorbs it? Uses it? Perhaps he can fire it back from the emitter? The edges are obviously bladed, so it can be used as a simple cutting weapons, but perhaps it can fire, too? Or, maybe it's just an advanced shield and the emitter simply produces a force field around it (like in the 200X episode where He-Man presses a button on his shield and it emits a special energy field from it).

Finally: The chest armor. I have to imagine that the thing on the front is how he speaks. It really looks like a speaker, to me. Since he talks through a series of blinks, and he doesn't have an eyelid, then that means he's mute to everyone - even his own species! So that thing on the front produces the computerized voice for him, making him creepier than he already is.

So that's my take: what else have ya'll got?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Alright, folks! Time to revive this topic with some more curiosities:

First: The Photon Neutralizer. Buh-huh? Are photons not just a unit of light? Is this a reverse flashlight? Perhaps he needs it to dim the lights for his sensitive eye? If anyone can elaborate on Photons, this would be the place to do it! What could a Photon Neutralizer possibly do?
    Photons are light particles, so I imagine that the Photon Neutralizer would destroy them. I imagine that destroying photons would make a pretty decent blast and possibly leave the area it was directed at in darkness for a few seconds. Maybe the shield is designed to protect Optikk from the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    Photons are light particles, so I imagine that the Photon Neutralizer would destroy them. I imagine that destroying photons would make a pretty decent blast and possibly leave the area it was directed at in darkness for a few seconds. Maybe the shield is designed to protect Optikk from the blast.
    Very cool! Hadn't thought of that at all. I figured destorying photons would just...I dunno, make them not there. However, so far that I know, I guess there would have to be some repercussion for destorying a photon. Wonder how he aims the thing? Seems like destorying photons would be an unpredictable blast. Would certainly explain why that gun makes him so feared!

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    Very cool! Hadn't thought of that at all. I figured destorying photons would just...I dunno, make them not there. However, so far that I know, I guess there would have to be some repercussion for destorying a photon. Wonder how he aims the thing? Seems like destorying photons would be an unpredictable blast. Would certainly explain why that gun makes him so feared!

Following up here... is there any picture of Optikk firing his Photon Neutralizer? I have been looking for it but have not found it yet... I want to see what kind of blast it produces. And if it is possible to "neutralize" photons.
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

By logic a photon neutralizer should fire a dark beam. A photon is a light particle and darkness is the absence of light Should be cool to see one shooting

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Following up here... is there any picture of Optikk firing his Photon Neutralizer? I have been looking for it but have not found it yet... I want to see what kind of blast it produces. And if it is possible to "neutralize" photons.
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Maybe its a misunderstanding and they mean that the weapon neutralises withPhotons, not that it neutralises photons

Explain, good Jim. Would that mean it would fire light to a blinding extent? Perhaps heat would be associated with it? How could it neutralize with photons? (Not draggin' you over the coals, just exploring another valid explaination).

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Explain, good Jim. Would that mean it would fire light to a blinding extent? Perhaps heat would be associated with it? How could it neutralize with photons? (Not draggin' you over the coals, just exploring another valid explaination).
    I expect that "neutralise" would just be a euphamism for "kill", in that case...

Whoa whoa whoa. Who said anything about killing light particles... that's just taking it too far.

I'm out.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

It's cool, man, it's COOL. It's just hypothetical. The light particles totally understand. I asked them first.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I think a Laser is made up of photons as well. So its just a Lasergun
    We just have to define what neutralise means. Just killing or the complete molecular disintegration of the enemy? Maybe just a K.O. beam?
    Last edited by JimPansen; May 27, 2010 at 11:24am.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I was thinking about Optikk's gun the other day. Since by definition it destroys light particles, I was thinking it is like a laser blaster, except it shoots dark light or contained anti-matter which would have the same effect as a laser blaster minus the bright explosions.

I was thinking that maybe bright lights are Optikk's weakness. Aside from spraying mace at his head.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

My initial thought when I read the name of his weapon was to think it would make the target blind for a while since photons are light particles and our eyes read them....plus since he is a giant eyeball I thought it would be cool for him to be able to deprive his enemies of their sight.

I wonder if the "cage" surrounding his eye-head contains a visine sprayer. He would go through quarts of that stuff every day! LOL

I do have to pipe in and add that, despite a lid being unseen by us, that does not necessarily mean that Optikk does not have one. It could be folded up in his "neck" area. After all, we never see Orko's mouth, but I'm pretty sure he has one!

The photon neutralizer is an interesting weapon. A dark matter ray or an extremely dangerous, high-powered laser cannon? ...Perhaps both...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

You'd think that - eyelid or not - with an eye the size of a bowling ball it would get pretty dry....riding on some vehicle chasing he-man - all that wind....sheesh! Imagine allergy season with an eye like that!

Maybe Spymagician will customize a sunglass for him to wear!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Maybe Spymagician will customize a sunglass for him to wear!
    I would buy that in a second!

Anyway: I am seriously loving the idea of a dark matter laser! I mean, the filecard says the gun is what makes him so feared, so it has to be something crazy. I'm beginning to shove a lot of the different concepts you guys have come up with together into this horrifying darkness beam that kills light, makes these little popping impact bursts as photons are destroyed, and either cuts through things or implodes objects.

...but man, that's giving one lacky a lot of power!

Definitely love the idea of the gun being a photon destroyer. He shoots it and photons of light are corrupted or broken and absorbed by the shield.

He's from a densely foggy place, so he can see in low (or no) light. He neutralizes his enemy by putting them in the dark.

I don't know if his eyeball head needs a lid. We are assuming, as egotistical humans are wont to do, that his eye is just like ours, only larger. It may look like a giant human eye, but it maybe be made of much tougher and less sensitive material. The white part could be akin to shark skin.

Definitely think the armor could house the giant eyelid thing though.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.