Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossman got a change before his full production, now how about Superman!

Mossman got a change before his full production, now how about Superman!

I usually hate this sorta thing, complaining about what we're getting... but I know many people would prefer to see Super Man as an actual MOTUC figure. Just paint the buck like supes and add a DCUC head to it. Shouldn't be too hard right.

As it stands I may buy one set to leave in package, but I really don't want to open one cause superman will look real odd on a shelf of MOTUC figures. Now if he was actually made with a MOTUC buck he would fit right in and I would buy an extra set to open.

Now I know he is from a different universe and maybe he should look slightly different, but when it comes to toys I think the set would look much better if they were of the same toyline style. To me this is just a cop out throwing in a random old superman toy in the pack.

If you agree show your support. Mattel probably won't change it, but who knows they changed something as simple as Mossmans ears.

Changing ear flocking is one thing, desiging and producing a new figure from the ground up is just a little bit different.

Just asking to paint an existing body to look like super man, not redesign a whole new toy.

At the very least they should lighten the blue of his costume so that it matches the comic colours and makes it somewhat different from the one in the Gotham City 5 pack.

And why would we want Superman in MOTUC when their efforts could be directed at actual MOTU figures!?

If he were a MOTUC figure though, it wouldn`t be a crossover pack. The reason why he a DCUC figure is because it`s DCUC VS MOTUC pack Maybe they will do a single release of Superman in the online only MOTUC line

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    No thanx, he would need much new tooling. Boots, forarms, waist. I say leave it for whoever wants it.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Widget
    While I get the whole vs thing, it comes off pretty cheap if you don't give people something new in the set.

With the NA He-man, they will need a clean normal non-furry crotch peice anyways, so all they would need is a boot mold (again, which a smoother boot could be used again later), bracer-less arms and a head in the same scale.

I think a boot mold from the WWE line could even work there, the legs seem about the same size.

While we are at it, I think we should ask them to do "The Warlord" from DC comics as a special one-off (maybe a con exclusive) MOTUC figure. We all know that our parents bought us that knock-off when they could not find a He-man, and all he'd need is a new head and accessories...and he'd look pretty sweet as a crossover nod to the old Remco knock-offs.

He would need much new tooling for the boots, forarms, waist.

I would have preferred that

I would love a superman that would be more like MOTUC but it will never happen.

Theres money to be made so Mattel will look the other way on it.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Superman is a Kryptonian on Earth
    He-Man is an Eternian
    Why do people think they should be the same
    Darkseid is bigger than Supes. So is Kalibek (sp) & Doomsday.
    They can sill be human & be slightly different. It already seems like most of Eternia is in better shape then most of us on Earth anyways.

I won´t buy it anyway.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I actually agree with xBBestx. I don't know how feasable this is, but if it is possible, I would be interested in them going this route with this 2-pack.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    He would need much new tooling for the boots, forarms, waist.

I would have preferred that
    They can make a MOTUC Superman easily. Here's my recipe:

- Basic male body
    - Bow's boots
    - Bow's loincloth (you know he's going to have one. Optikk does. Bow's Belt is like Supe's and plain tighty whities, like Supe's)
    - He-Ro's cape

New pieces required:

- Head
    - Left and right forearm (Superman doesn't wear gauntlets)

However, Mattel could just use a He-Man or Bow's head, swap the hair or something like that, and use Tri-Klops' gauntlets and paint them gray to look like shackles. Then he's 100% repaint, but a MOTUC Superman.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    He-Man is an Eternian
    They can sill be human & be slightly different. It already seems like most of Eternia is in better shape then most of us on Earth anyways.
    We're not asking for them to necessarily be the same build but their height and the size of Supes head compared to He-Man is waaay off.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Just asking to paint an existing body to look like super man, not redesign a whole new toy.
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. None of the DCUC parts are even close to compatible with the MOTU body (think the Witchdoctor guy with the shrunken head from Beetlejuice; that's how Supes would look with a DCUC head on an MOTUC body), so you would need a new cape, head and hip piece at the very least (do we even have a plain lower arm or appropriate boot pieces? If not, add those). Then you need to make a whole new set of paint masks for the figure. I deride Mattel a lot for taking more time than they actually need on production, but even I have to grant that this is way too much with an April release.

I really wish they had done something like this, but:

#1 Store exclusives like this rarely involve a lot of new tooling
    #2 This is Mattel, where "new tooling" is a dirty word to begin with.

It's a bad match, and I hope it doesn't affect sales, as I see this as trying to set up an entryway to a retail possibility for the line (something that goes along with what I've been saying about Matty's future). Throwing two figures from completely incompatible lines together in a two pack isn't the best strategy I've ever seen; I honestly think the sales will come for folks who want the MOTUC figures and missed them as the figures stopped by for a few short moments on Matty. If they are around 30 bucks, it's about the same as Matty after shipping.

I'd really like to see these do well; Target has JLU as an exclusive line, and TRU could adopt MOTUC. Rather than re-releases on Matty, TRU could get the figures a set time after people blink and miss their chance to buy them online. With Matty's new approach to the line, it's the only way I can see for the line to do anything but stagnate.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    He-Man is an Eternian
    True, but Supes is the same size as an Earthling (relatively) and if Marlena is from Earth in this continuity as I believe/hope she will be, then there will of course be a considerable difference in scale making them incompatible.

(Unless Marlena comes out in a tiny size, but that would be...weird.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    True, but Supes is the same size as an Earthling (relatively) and if Marlena is from Earth in this continuity as I believe/hope she will be, then there will of course be a considerable difference in scale making them incompatible.

(Unless Marlena comes out in a tiny size, but that would be...weird.)
    Even though she's from Earth, Marlena could well be from our future. Historically humans have gotten taller over the years, so it is possible that she could be around 6' 5" - 7' tall.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Even though she's from Earth, Marlena could well be from our future. Historically humans have gotten taller over the years, so it is possible that she could be around 6' 5" - 7' tall.
    "That's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE *****!"
    ~Deuce Bigalow

Haha, the thought of Queen Marlena being the size of Shaq brought laughter to me.

I think it would have been cooler if Superman was more bulky but i bet they probably couldn't even do it due to their contract with DC.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'll be pretty disappointed if they use the DCUC Superman. (Which I'm sure they will.) I will only buy one to keep packaged instead of 4 or more, if Supes was a MOTUC figure.
    I am NOT going to display a DCUC fig with my MOTUC.

They Really need to do less than that, a simple retooling of a few pieces is all that's needed, for the boots, a simple retooling of skeletors boots, Slightly Re-tool He-ro's head to remove his crown, and slightly re-tool randor's forearms to remove the bracelets. And re-tool the wrapped bots to make them smooth, and we have superman's mold the only 100% new piece would be the new crotch and belt.

I'm not buying the two-pack, not as it currently stands. I'm in the camp that thinks that they should be "in scale to each other, in the comic AFAIK, he-man is not some mongoloid Steroid monster( ok, he is, but I mean in comparison against Superman), and Superman is not bruce lee, which is how their scales play off against each other as it now stands.

Come on matty... It's not that difficult a change, the fans will buy it if you do it, and it is more likely to make casual buyers sign up on the website to buy the MOTUC. For all the headache the Masters figures are every month, It's FAR LESS of a headache than Going on toy safari to find the DCUC figures.
    Last edited by Lerath666; February 12, 2010 at 07:10pm. Reason: I am the tiepo Kang

Movie mayhem!
    sounds like from TG's post in the q and a that the two pack isn't really geared towards us as much as it is kids and fans that might not be collecting like we are with the goal of reaching new fans and also just keeping motu's name out there.

I'm also REALY disapointed that its not a motu sized superman... but this kinda makes sense. Maybe someday we'll get out motu superman.

Fair enough, if we EVENTUALY get a MOTUC Scaled superman, I'd be happy.

who knows, mebbie it's the SDCC exclusive this year.

Movie mayhem!
    he did say celeb figure... even if its not perhaps if we show there is enough demand we can suggest a celeb type figure be done again next year and have it be supes.