Thread: He-mans of the ages

He-mans of the ages

So in the 500 year span the Green Goddess trained He-mans, who do you think mattel will produce as He-mans. So Far we have

1. King Grayskull (who all are based from)
    2. Wun-dar -The savage Heman (Cosmic Enforcer and Might be the one in the mini comics, not sure because wundar came from subternia,not the jungle like Wun-dar.
    3. Adam-the modern day and chosen he-man.

That only takes up 2 spots. Now you divide 500 years by 75(average lifespan on Eternia) that leaves about 5 spots open, 2 taken. So who are the other 3?
    Heres my guess
    1. Vikor- The orignal heman concept- A viking like character from the north who saved the socresses from some animal and was granted the power to defend it. I would place him in the number 3 spot.

2.King Tamusk- the randor form the past- In one epsiode when heman goes back in time, he is King. And following the death of King Grayskull, I think the Elders would be weary of giving this power to anyone beside a king or someone of great importance. Proably the most powerful good king of the land at that time.

3.Jungle Savage He-man- The he-man from the early mini comics that was given the tools of the trade after saving the Goddess similar to Wun-dars story but hailing from the jungle kingdom, looking more like the heman we know today. Possibly having Gygor as his steed, adding him to the realm of MOTUC.

Would love to hear what you guys think!

I thought I read somewhere that Wun-Dar was the one who saved the Green Goddess in the comic.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Does there always have to be a He-Man? Perhaps there were long periods of time when there simply was no need for a He-Man.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Vikor is not a MOTU character,it's a fan made up name as far as I'm concered until I'm proven wrong.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

The name Vikor is on the concept art in the MOTU Art Book, although I'm not certain it was always there. Nevertheless, it loks like Mattel officially recognizes it, so I'd say he's in.

I like the notion of Wun-Dar being the he-man (lowercase "h" intended) showcased in the earliest minis with the proto versions of the masters (the then MAA, a blonde Teela-esque character, and an Avion birdman of orange color).

I hope to see Demo-Man and Vikor figurs in the line.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The name Vikor is on the concept art in the MOTU Art Book, although I'm not certain it was always there. Nevertheless, it loks like Mattel officially recognizes it, so I'd say he's in.

I like the notion of Wun-Dar being the he-man (lowercase "h" intended) showcased in the earliest minis with the proto versions of the masters (the then MAA, a blonde Teela-esque character, and an Avion birdman of orange color).

Is that the book sold at SDCC last year?If so I havent seen it.I have the orginal articles from from the tomarts and thats what I'm basing it off of.Nowhere in that artical is the name Vikor used.So I'm guessing it's new.I guess I need to see it for myself somehow to belive it.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Vikor is not a MOTU character,it's a fan made up name as far as I'm concered until I'm proven wrong.

Yes, Vikor is a fan-pitch.

oh, wait.. I thought you meant that as a joke.
    Last edited by bcrduke; February 9, 2010 at 11:33pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

Ummmm no it`s not The first page with Vikor is a Conanesque warrior in a viking helmet with nothing on the page, the difference from the one posted online is the color, on the following page (3) is He man as close to how we know him as possible with a viking helmet but he`s now called He Man", although on the second page underneath the pictures of Red Beast and Demo Man in mentions that it`s original concept art for Vikor the Barbarian

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    In my personal canon, He-Ro (Gray) is still the first in the line. Then King Grayskull, and several more, including Vikor, my own He-Lok, and Wun-Dar, come before He-Man and She-Ra. I still would also like to see Lou Scheimer's He-Ro, Son of He-Man as a MOTUC figure.
    Last edited by DreamTripper; February 9, 2010 at 11:43pm.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    ... wundar came from subternia,not the jungle like Wun-dar...
    Huh? My brain just exploded.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Sadly, King Tamusk was from Filmation, meaning he's off limits.

Bring on Vikor, and the barbarian He-Man, because (YEP!) Wun-Dar is from an underground city, not a barbarian village. And yep, that way we get blond Tee-La!

And I'm with you regarding the He-Ros, DreamTripper. I've got Gray as first in line too, eventually leading to Dare.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    isnt 4 enough? there is king greyskull, wun-dar, prince adam & lastly na he-man. dose na he-man have a name? 4 he-mans sounds good to me.

I agree that it should be He-ro first, then King Grayskull, Vi-kor, Wun-dar, barbarian He-man( who needs a proper name in my opinion) then Prince Adam and Princess Adora as the prophesized twins of power.

I would also add that hopefully mattel will flesh out this backstory as they were the ones who came up with this new mythology which I must admit, has taken me a while to get used to( I used to base my own backstory mostly from filmation). Would also like that each generation of he-men have added to the power of the he sword, making Adams sword the most powerfulest version yet
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    In my personal canon, He-Ro (Gray) is still the first in the line. Then King Grayskull, and several more, including Vikor, my own He-Lok, and Wun-Dar, come before He-Man and She-Ra. I still would also like to see Lou Scheimer's He-Ro, Son of He-Man as a MOTUC figure.
    so did the Lou Scheimer He-ro look any different in terms of design? or does it look like the He-ro we already have?

to me, there is only one true He-man, the guy that Prince Adam becomes. All the others have their own names (like Wun-dar) & don't call themselves "He-man". nor do they have 'the sword'.

i like He-man to remain unique.. it's bad enough that King Grayskull reduced He-man to a carbon copy, but i really don't need half a dozen other 'he-men' from over the ages....only one He-man for me.

in my cannon, after king Grayskull's death there was no 'protector of Eternia' until Prince Adam was given the sword. the Horde was gone, the snakemen were gone, & Skeletor didn't exist yet, so no need for a hero at that point in time.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    I agree that it should be He-ro first, then King Grayskull, Vi-kor, Wun-dar, barbarian He-man( who needs a proper name in my opinion) then Prince Adam and Princess Adora as the prophesized twins of power.

I would also add that hopefully mattel will flesh out this backstory as they were the ones who came up with this new mythology which I must admit, has taken me a while to get used to( I used to base my own backstory mostly from filmation). Would also like that each generation of he-men have added to the power of the he sword, making Adams sword the most powerfulest version yet
    Adam is the only one to use the "power sword" the other just kept both halves from bieng united

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of NA He-Man being an alltogether different character from MotU He-Man the same way the did with Wun-Dar.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Is that the book sold at SDCC last year?If so I havent seen it.I have the orginal articles from from the tomarts and thats what I'm basing it off of.Nowhere in that artical is the name Vikor used.So I'm guessing it's new.I guess I need to see it for myself somehow to belive it.
    It is mentioned twice:

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    so did the Lou Scheimer He-ro look any different in terms of design? or does it look like the He-ro we already have?
    Completely different character, completely different design. You can find the proposed series bible on the .org. It shows all me the character designs, including an interesting new look for Man-E-Faces.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    isnt 4 enough? there is king greyskull, wun-dar, prince adam & lastly na he-man. dose na he-man have a name? 4 he-mans sounds good to me.
    Na heman is Adam just in the future I'm preatty sure!

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    Does there always have to be a He-Man? Perhaps there were long periods of time when there simply was no need for a He-Man.
    I feel that the power locked inside of grayskull is worthy of always having a hero to protect the key into that power. Even If there was no enamiate threat facing grayskull, it doesnt hurt to have someone in the wing if something unexpected were to come up. Not something worth leaving up to chance.
    Last edited by facet; February 12, 2010 at 01:38am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Completely different character, completely different design. You can find the proposed series bible on the .org. It shows all me the character designs, including an interesting new look for Man-E-Faces.
    Where is that series bible located? I'm very interested in seeing this stuff!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i am still torn about this.

i think the more he-men there are, the less special prince adam feels. and i DONT like that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Where is that series bible located? I'm very interested in seeing this stuff!
    You can find it here: http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/document.php?id=44&mid=18

If Mattel is trying to streamline all of the continuities into one, then I don't get how the Skeletor and Beastman from the earlier mini-comics are supposed to fit in? Was this ever explained or even hinted at? If that He-Man is the "jungle He-Man" and not Prince Adam, then that Skeletor and Beastman (and really all of the characters from that era) would be different from the ones depicted in the Prine Adam eras, correct? That just seems weird that you would have basically identical looking villians and heroes from two distinct periods of time.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    What about He-Ro? Didn't it all start with him? Didn't he pass the sword of HE to King Grayskull?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emike View Post
    If Mattel is trying to streamline all of the continuities into one, then I don't get how the Skeletor and Beastman from the earlier mini-comics are supposed to fit in? Was this ever explained or even hinted at? If that He-Man is the "jungle He-Man" and not Prince Adam, then that Skeletor and Beastman (and really all of the characters from that era) would be different from the ones depicted in the Prine Adam eras, correct? That just seems weird that you would have basically identical looking villians and heroes from two distinct periods of time.
    this is something that always bothered me about how they throw in godess like nothing, but we forget that "man at arms" or A man at arms was there also. why cant i learn more about the stacheless MAA??? or those villains also??