Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmic Key NA idea and open letter to Mattel from Jack Olesker!

Cosmic Key NA idea and open letter to Mattel from Jack Olesker!

As I was posting in another thread about a Gwildor/Orko 2 pack I thought about this. The Cosmic Key could bring the future to the present. I think it could work if they wantd to go that route. Becasue then you dont have to go and have the same story as the original Na and keep all the characters in the classic present. MAybe the present time needs help from the Galactic Guardians instead of the other way around. Or maybe Gwildor opens a portal and the Mutants come thru and they team up with bone face or the snakes and are really powerfull. So they go into the future to find out hwo to beat them. And the GG come back in time to help the Masters.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I've always wanted the Cosmic Key to be the thing that frees Hordak from Despondos....

Sallah

I'd be cool with that!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Yeah, me too.. I like it being the portal to primus too though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I actually love that idea, it would also give Gwildor a place in both realms (helping to merge the science and fantasy)

I really like the idea that the Mutants came through and the Masters had to go to the Guardians for assitance.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I know that the cosmic key could be used to travel in any dimensions but i'm not sure it could be used to travel in the past or in the future.

anyway, Great IDEA man !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    I know that the cosmic key could be used to travel in any dimensions but i'm not sure it could be used to travel in the past or in the future.

anyway, Great IDEA man !!!!
    Sure it can. At the end of the movie, Gwildor offers to send Julie and Keven back to their planet's past or ahead to the future. Julie says "just send us home" but Gwildor decides to send them back to before Julie's parents were killed.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I'm all for any way of bringing in Gwildor. He's my one of my favorite characters and my most wanted figure!
    Last edited by SUPERHEMANMIKE; January 19, 2010 at 02:54pm.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    Sure it can. At the end of the movie, Gwildor offers to send Julie and Keven back to their planet's past or ahead to the future. Julie says "just send us home" but Gwildor decides to send them back to before Julie's parents were killed.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I'm all for any way of bringing in Gwildor. He's my one of my favorite characters and my most wanted figure!
    Im a big fan of Gwildor too. I think that if you use him for what hes worth and not the comedy that was given in the movie he is a vital key part in MOTU history.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Im a big fan of Gwildor too. I think that if you use him for what hes worth and not the comedy that was given in the movie he is a vital key part in MOTU history.
    I gotta agree with this. I think he could be a very awesome addition to the MOTUC, depending on how he's utilized.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    if we are truly merging NA/MINI/comics/myp/200x/flimation/movie and all of the great masters of the universe canon that we know, I would be completely down with the use of the cosmic key. or gwildor.

i think that anyone who things otherwise should remember that "if your canon (green goddess) gets in" , these orko gwlidor lovers should also.

it is only fair. (whether I personally like it or not)

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    if we are truly merging NA/MINI/comics/myp/200x/flimation/movie and all of the great masters of the universe canon that we know, I would be completely down with the use of the cosmic key. or gwildor.

i think that anyone who things otherwise should remember that "if your canon (green goddess) gets in" , these orko gwlidor lovers should also.

it is only fair. (whether I personally like it or not)
    I like what your saying. You know Orko is Flimation but he was a toy so hes fair game. im not really a fan of the shenanigans he does but if you use him as a very speacil magician who lost his powers in the tar swamp but hes not an annoying twit but an intelligent alien who can still do minor magic then I love him.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Gwildor could indeed be the key to integrating NA characters into the MOTUC in a way that would be accepted by fans (like myself) who didn't like the original NA concept 20 years ago.

I always thought Gwildor and the Eternia towers offered wonderful opportunities for time travel and dimension-hopping. I hope the Eternia towers are integrated into these bios somehow. The reference in Moss Man's bio of second ultimate battleground gives me hope!

Heroic Warrior
    That's a great idea in using Gwildor & the cosmic key to bridge the gap between NA & vintage MOTU. I just hope the get rid of the idea of NA taking place in the future. I rather it take place in the current time line as MOTU. We already have characters from the past; no need for future characterra in my opinion.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Wow, that's a great idea! That would REALLY help bridge the two and, I think, make people happy. It would give Gwildor a better sense of...umm....importance. :-)

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The Cosmic Key is very powerful, so it may be the cause of this:

- Brought starship of Marlena to Eternia
    - NA Galactic Guardians and Evil Mutants can travel to Eternia
    - Freed Hordak from Despondos
    - Allows Heman travelling to Etheria
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

As I was posting in another thread about a Gwildor/Orko 2 pack I thought about this. The Cosmic Key could bring the future to the present. I think it could work if they wantd to go that route. Becasue then you dont have to go and have the same story as the original Na and keep all the characters in the classic present. MAybe the present time needs help from the Galactic Guardians instead of the other way around. Or maybe Gwildor opens a portal and the Mutants come thru and they team up with bone face or the snakes and are really powerfull. So they go into the future to find out hwo to beat them. And the GG come back in time to help the Masters.
    I like that. I'd be all for something like that.
    Who has the Power?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I actually love that idea, it would also give Gwildor a place in both realms (helping to merge the science and fantasy)

I really like the idea that the Mutants came through and the Masters had to go to the Guardians for assitance.
    yup this is why i like it. it legitimizes gwildor a bit more in the mythos rather than being a "movie" figure and a poor man's on screen orko lol

it is a pretty clever way to open a gate between primus and eternia.

heck it is a good way to open a gate from eternia and etheria.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I love the idea of Gwildor being integral to the Bio-Canon mythology. The Cosmic Key is indeed a powerful instrument and the notion of it being used in bringing the New Adventures into play is certainly not withot merit! I look forward to learning more about any of mattel's plans. Thus far, I've not been disappointed yet.

Gwildor can't get here soon enough for me!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Maybe it split the Power Sword.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I gotta agree with this. I think he could be a very awesome addition to the MOTUC, depending on how he's utilized.
    Have to admit that I LOATHE Gwildor, but its more to do with the way he was depicted in the film -Dressing in drag, the 'Moo' scene!- there were moments where Billy Barty showed how compassionate and interesting the character could be, but it was overshadowed by lame sight gags.

That Said, if he can be linked in as well as some of you guys are hypothesizing, then Im all for it! and I could honestly learn to love him too! Bring it on!

However NOTHING will ever make me care about or Like Orko! *Shudder*
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Like I said before if Gwildor and Orko is used as serious important characters they can be very influencial characters in the new Bio's. In my opinion. MAttel has the chance to take the childish out of MOTU and make it some thing better then it once was. Like making Cringer/Battlecat not talk. Make the new canon raw, it is an adult line so make it a little ruff areound the edges.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

It would work. While I can say I'm not a fan of the Gwildor character, that doesn't mean he can't ahve a place. I'm not exactly a fan of Orko either but I even go as far as buy the Orko figures.

Bringing the key into the current representation of Master of the Universe would tie anything and everything together. If there's not an easy way to bring a character in then it would be easy enough to say the key opens a door to make them possible. The movie can be a universe of it's own even this way. A separate universe that follows things pretty close to the regular He-Man universe we all know. That explaination has been used plenty of times and works good enough I figure.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Master of New Adventures!

An open letter to mattel

PREFACE:

In what may be a record for the longest title of thread, Brianatarms recently began a thread entitled COULD THE COSMIC KEY BE THE THING THAT TIES IN NA AND THE CLASSIC LINE TOGETHER?

It's not my intention to commandeer Brianatarm's thread. But I feel his idea is so powerful and crystalizing that I would like to begin a second thread here -- with a mandate that everyone who reads this first read the original post in his thread -- so his concept can be supported and brought directly to Mattel's attention by one who was intimately involved with THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN and one who has a history of having written over one thousand episodes of television.

Brianatarms' idea is, in a word, genius. As such, with a deep and respectul bow to Brianatarms, I submit this thread for everyone's consideration, comments and hopefully to garner the attention of Mattel for the benefit of all who love He-man. (NOTE: Mods have since combined our two thread into one.)

AN OPEN LETTER TO MATTEL:

As the creator of NA and author of 37 of its episodes, I'm in love with the idea expressed in Brianatarms' COULD THE COSMIC KEY BE THE THING THAT TIES IN NA AND THE CLASSIC LINE TOGETHER.

As anyone who has read my posts in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 1990 Annual thread (from post 23 on) in the NA forum or has listened to my interview on the Masterscast Episode 25 podcast knows, I had hoped to bring He-man, Skeletor and some of the mutants back to Eternia in Season Two of NA, after peace had been brought to Primus and upon He-man's learning that MAA had turned into a dictator in his absense and had exiled the ruling tri-partite group of She-Ra, Teela and The Sorceress, (I won't go into why I suggest why or justify how MAA could have become power-hungry here as I've discussed it elsewhere. But I will say I understand and appreciate the seriousness of MAA acting in this manner and I've a {imho} lengthy, well thought out and logical support argument for it) with Marlena and Randor imprisoned in Snake Mountain.

It seems to me that taking Brianatarms' stunning plot device a step further, it would be a master stroke that The Sorceress would use Gwildor to summon He-man back to Eternia now that He-man had resolved Primus' problems. Moreover, Gwildor would take an even more important role -- given his legendary locksmithing abilities -- in that he, alone, possesses the skill and talent to unlock the prison cell in which Marlena and Randor are held. Their freedom would serve as a rallying point to all on Eternia and hopefully bring MAA to his senses, making him realize his flirting with a fledgling newfound alliance with Skeletor runs counter to all that is good for Eternia.

In this sense, Gwildor becomes a fully realized hero -- at the same time comedic yet noble and much depended upon by He-man and all Eternia.

Brianatarm's post is, I believe the key (if you'll allow the pun) to artfully bringing together NA and MOTU -- as evidenced by the admittedly small sampling here. It is a way for all sides to at last come together and -- for Mattel -- a way to create an entirely new toy line with Mutants (this time the scale being compatible with MOTU ), the classic MOTU figs and plenty of other characters to boot. (Imagine, for a moment, an episode in which a legion of diminiutive Mites pour through a Gwildor-created worm hole and worship him because they believe equally diminutive Gwildor to be a demi-god. Showing him allegiance, the Mites become an army that aids He-man's new struggles on Eternia. Can you say "Play-sets"?)

Yes, I know this is all speculative. But the entire creative process is speculative and all series begin somewhere. Sometimes -- when an idea is just perfect -- it can create a groundswell that was waiting to be born. This writer has been waiting almost two decades for a way to bring NA and MOTU together and I think Brianatarms just may have found it.

If the majority on this board -- comprised of fans who are the Keepers of the Flame for He-man and, as such, are the ones who know what will best bring him out of suspended animation (sorry for the second pun, but I couldn't resist) -- agree with this direction, then perhaps you can respectfully and enthusiastically bring it to Mattel's attention.

It could give He-man new life, unify all fans, create a whole new generation of fans and spawn a re-launch (this one successful) of the He-man line because of its unifying aspects, fully fleshed out characters, the logic of it all and an amazingly dramatic storyline with a long term arc that will delight all MOTU fans -- new and old.

Are you listneing, Toyguru? Are you listen, Mattel?

(Kudos to Brianatarms.)

Best,

Jack
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; January 20, 2010 at 11:13pm.

Nifty idea. Not on board with all of it (I'd maybe have King Hiss once again taking over Eternia rather than Man-At-Arms, mostly because I could never buy the idea of MAA turning bad), but there are parts that sound pretty brilliant!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Nifty idea. Not on board with all of it (I'd maybe have King Hiss once again taking over Eternia rather than Man-At-Arms, mostly because I could never buy the idea of MAA turning bad), but there are parts that sound pretty brilliant!
    Understood and respected. It's a lengthy discussion for another time. (And I will tell you that my personal feeling has always been that it's wise to solicit fan interaction.)

With regard to MAA turning bad, I will, however, point out -- as I did in other posts -- that there were likely a lot of folks who, at some point in time, could never buy the idea of Judas Iscariot, Lancelot du Lac or Anikan Skywalker turning bad. Circumstances and long hidden emotions can sometimes conspire to surprise those who think they know a person well. When that happens -- when the most seemingly pure of heart falls from grace -- it is all the more powerful and can result in amazing, unexpected and compelling storylines.

That said, I'm delighted that you like the overall idea and I think Brainatarms is to be commended for striving to find a way to bring all fans together and to create a legion of new ones.