Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pics of Evil-Lyn! (in package too)

Hybrid View

New Pics of Evil-Lyn! (in package too)

There are new hi-res pics of Evil-Lyn on ToyNewsi.com's website - even in package:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=15327

(link is also posted on FB)

Thanks for the post. Loving the face even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Thanks for the post. Loving the face even more now.
    Yeah, she looks awesome. I just wish they'd post pics of the back of the card so we can see the bio.

She looks great!

I am not sure about the mouth, but i will reserve judgement until I have her in-hand!

The wand/staff looks amazing too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks for the post!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Yeah, she looks awesome. I just wish they'd post pics of the back of the card so we can see the bio.
    I second that!

I can't get the page to load...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I blame you for not turning the package around.

I for one think she looks amazing! I may be in the minority here, but I love that they went with the classic look first, instead of the 200x look. Can't wait for April!!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    I blame you for not turning the package around.
    Ha ha ha!

I wish I had a MOC Evil-Lyn on hand - I would certainly have shared the back of the card ASAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersFan81 View Post
    I for one think she looks amazing! I may be in the minority here, but I love that they went with the classic look first, instead of the 200x look. Can't wait for April!!
    True - I myself am happy that they went with the "classic" look first. However, I just wish there was a better accessory than the 2nd staff that you can attach the orb to. It just seems like a waste to me. Oh well.
    Last edited by Donimo; January 19, 2010 at 11:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is it just me or does she looks like a Japanese doll. The facial details I mean! ***........
    Accept the unacceptable.

Figure looks great!

And Screech with his Battle Armor? Awesome!

Why didn't Zoar come with this armor?

And since Zoar/Screech came as pack in's I take it they won't be made into the larger scale like the classic figures....

Oh man, they kept the dumb Evelyn Powers name AND the dumb MYP idea where she frees both the Snake Men and the Horde! Terrible. At least they indirectly mention the Faceless One in the bio.

Plus her head still looks good, and so does Screech. Terrible colors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And Screech with his Battle Armor? Awesome!

Why didn't Zoar come with this armor?

Probably for the same reason BA He-Man is missing his sword - it cost too much. Teela comes with loads of accessories already, and if they'd included the perch and armour for Zoar it likely would've put the figure over budget.

I expect they'll include the red Zoar armour with the bird that comes with Sorceress, and hopefully the green armour/perch for Teela's Zoar in an accessory pack.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yeah!! Awesome !!! I can't wait.

One thing that seems to be kind of a waste, IMO, is the 2 different staff sizes that she comes with. Honestly, a staff with one length would have been enough. The extra one that she won't be displayed with will just go in a box somewhere. I would think they could come up with a more exciting extra accessory than that - perhaps a spell-conjured flame in her hand like the 200x staction or something.

I love her!

Her face paint was better in the prototype, but I think Evil-Lyn still looks pretty wicked in these photos!

About the wand/staff -- I was under the impression that we would be getting both versions; baby blue and shiny dark blue. Oh well.

How could they miss showing the bio?! Ahhhh!
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 20, 2010 at 05:09am.

She looks crazier with eyes open wide while in the prototype pic she just looks annoyed like everytime Skeletor fails to defeat HE-MAN

Don't worry we're laughing at you not with you!!!

I bet some of the face difference is the lighting in the pics. The lips look different... but as said by so many others, every fig I see in person looks a billion times better than the "official" pics.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Man! Evil-Lyn looks better with her wand than her staff in any angle!

Is it me or is her staff looks crooked somehow... ?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Is there an e-mail where we can contact TNI to ask for the bio?

I'd also like to know how they got the MOC samples before they went up on facebook

looks good! The eyes are way wider than the proto, but that's one of your standard differences. Kinda sucks in that respect, though, since now she's like: "...WHOA" whereas before she had that squinty, angry look. On the bright side, though, those eyes will look great if you were posing her holding her knife high while standing in front of an alter over an animal or something. She looks crazy.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the paint differences from the proto. As usual, the proto is much brighter, and that was kinda ugly. The darker colors look better, and the metalic blue really helps to bring her home. The original baby blue staff was just too much light blue. The new staff color breaks it up nicely.

One way or another, the package is right: this one looks more like the original evil goddess than Evil Lyn herself. I wasn't going to, but now that I see the final product, I may make this a whole other character! She just looks that different. I know they won't waste tooling dollars like this, but I kinda hope 200X Evil Lyn has a smirking headsculpt with narrowed eyes, to tell them apart.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is there an e-mail where we can contact TNI to ask for the bio?
    They probably are going to release the bio at some other time, probably on Facebook.

The Moss Man situation is the biggest reminder that the prototype will be better than the actual figure. Evil-Lyn is another case where the prototype looks better than the actual figure.

Maybe the eyes on the new figure are a trick of the light, like Adora's press pics?

That being said, I wish she had a cape. Anything to make her look somewhat different than Teela and The Goddess. I think re-used parts are starting to get tiresome.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 20, 2010 at 10:44am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)