Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pics of Evil-Lyn! (in package too)

Is it weird to say she looks sexy? :P

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    She looks amazing! Already like her more than Teela and The Goddess together. April can't come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Go ahead and lynch me but 200X Evil-Lyn is light years more appealing. Teela looked great but this one is kinda, eh ... unflattering. She looks like a frump. Not much of a bother though, the character isn't a favorite but this'll do, I suppose.
    I agree. I NEVER liked that sickly yellow-vomit color of her skin in the original Evil Lyn, and I don't like it on this one either. She wasn't sickly-vomit-yellow in Flimation, I don't understand why they couldn't have just made her a bit more pale in complexion than being so faithful to the original toy this time. I know, a lot of folks like it, so I guess that makes me a minority in my opinion.

This is why I liked the 200X Evil-Lyn so much more. The different shades of purples on her outfit along with her more interesting pale-ish skin tone. It all blended well together. This new MotUC Evil-Lyn, as so well put, does look like a frump. It will have to do, until (hopefully) a 200X repaint comes out. Then off to the trash bin she goes. This would not be the case if we got the prototype version at least. Somehow the prototype version looks better than the production one even if some of the differences are slight.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Now Ive really looked at the pics, I hafta agree that the face of the proto in Toyfare was superb, the version pictured here is ok, but no where near as stunning.

Also on closer inspection, i really dislike the metallic staff, Not only does it look cheaper but it definitely signals that the MOTUC version WONT Glow!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    but it definitely signals that the MOTUC version WONT Glow!
    Oh -- you are right. Maybe the lighter colored rings and claws will though.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The proto face looks amazing. She is sexy and evil. But the release seems to be scared. Bad paintjob on face. I dont understand the silver apps neither.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

This girl seems to be nasty!!!
    This girl seems to be EVIL!!!!!!
    ... and I like it.

How is it they can take a pic of the damn white mailer but failed to take a pic of the bio

I like the way she looks MOC, way better than the Goddess

I too prefer the prototype face. Her make up made her look more slutty

Is there an e-mail where we can contact TNI to ask for the bio?

I'd also like to know how they got the MOC samples before they went up on facebook

looks good! The eyes are way wider than the proto, but that's one of your standard differences. Kinda sucks in that respect, though, since now she's like: "...WHOA" whereas before she had that squinty, angry look. On the bright side, though, those eyes will look great if you were posing her holding her knife high while standing in front of an alter over an animal or something. She looks crazy.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the paint differences from the proto. As usual, the proto is much brighter, and that was kinda ugly. The darker colors look better, and the metalic blue really helps to bring her home. The original baby blue staff was just too much light blue. The new staff color breaks it up nicely.

One way or another, the package is right: this one looks more like the original evil goddess than Evil Lyn herself. I wasn't going to, but now that I see the final product, I may make this a whole other character! She just looks that different. I know they won't waste tooling dollars like this, but I kinda hope 200X Evil Lyn has a smirking headsculpt with narrowed eyes, to tell them apart.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wow...I'm REALLY disappointed with Evil-Lyn.

Her facepaint was much better in the prototype picture. In the new one, her eyes look really surprised and something's off about her mouth.

The metallic paint instead of the light blue looks bad, in my opinion.

Finally, the biggest difference: her crystal ball is a completely new sculpt. What the heck? Larger ball = good. The larger rings are VERY bad. It looks particularly odd with the small wand. It looks better on the big staff, but they ruined the small wand, which I preferred.

Seriously, look at the before and after:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

I'm so sad. When everyone was hating on Evil-Lyn, I loved her and stood up for her. Now I'm extremely let down. She looked SO much better before. I'll have to repaint one now or something.

Here's a comparison picture I made to show the differences:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=6887
    Seriously, it almost looks like a different face. The personality has changed from more of a sexy vamp to a cranky looking frump.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I don't mind how she looks and I think again, wait until we see her in person, usually it's always better that way.

If I could change one thing, I do wish they would have given us a spell caster hand though.

I think she looks kind of insane now, which is awesome. Her pupils make me think of a serpent... she definitely looks EVIL
    In fact, this version recalls Meg Foster's crazy eyed look in the classic MOTU movie...
    Last edited by zodak74; January 20, 2010 at 10:19am.

ugh! thats all i gotta say, not digging the new darker color, to me (i cant tell if its the lighting in the pictures or my partial colorblindness) but it looks like the figure went from yellow to a green. also i am NOT digging the new head sculpt i preferred the sexier goth vamp from the proto type over the psycho frumpy crazy eyed one.

i also feel the non metallic paint from the prototype fit the color scheme better too
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

What's up with the change to the crystal ball part of the staff? The staff looks so cheap now. Not thrilled with the paint changes, either.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is there an e-mail where we can contact TNI to ask for the bio?
    They probably are going to release the bio at some other time, probably on Facebook.

The Moss Man situation is the biggest reminder that the prototype will be better than the actual figure. Evil-Lyn is another case where the prototype looks better than the actual figure.

Maybe the eyes on the new figure are a trick of the light, like Adora's press pics?

That being said, I wish she had a cape. Anything to make her look somewhat different than Teela and The Goddess. I think re-used parts are starting to get tiresome.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 20, 2010 at 10:44am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

lmao @ "psycho frumpy"

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    EEEEEEVil-Lynn! (Various ape noises)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ring+Beast+Man
    Last edited by Dave-Man; January 20, 2010 at 10:47am.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

I'm really disappointed with the changes made...

Why?

Her face was brilliant... Evil, sexy, ruthless... now she just looks like a prehistoric woman with yellow skin and a chin like the ones of horses.

And not to mention the change from light blue to that metallic tone... Simply awful.
    Last edited by Vearn; January 20, 2010 at 11:08am. Reason: looks as -> looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    and a chin like the ones of horses.
    I think it's the same face/head mold though.

I can't tell if it's the different paint application or an altered sculpt. I'd say the chance of it being an altered sculpt is slim but they did change the staff ... which is weird.

Yup, I think so, but the paintjob contributes to make them look different. Like when you wear a white, a black o a tripped T-shirt. So her new "make-up" does not beautify her at all.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Hmmm...the paint job change makes quite a difference. I still like the look of the figure, but much prefer the prototype.

I love the wand, though! I will definitely be displaying my Lynn with that over the staff.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RageTreb View Post
    Is it weird to say she looks sexy? :P
    Yes. Yes it is.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!