Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could the SKY SLED realistically make it to the MOTUC line?

Could the SKY SLED realistically make it to the MOTUC line?

Generally speaking the SKY SLED is one of the fan favorite small vehicles. I already know Mattel has stated "No Vehicles" are planned in the line, but we all know how popular the line is and how the Large Beasts were just introduced into the line.

Here is why I think the SKY SLED would be good product from Mattel's point of view.

1.) Minimal tooling to create (about the same or less than one of the large beasts.)

2.) Simple mold needed without a lot of parts to be molded.

3.) The Sky Sled has been known to be a universal vehicle in MOTU and has been used my a ton of characters Good and Evil, so you arn't limiting how many Sky Sled's fans/customers would purchase (such as someone buying just one BattleCat for Just He-Man to ride.)

4.) The Sky Sled has gained popularity from being in SO MUCH motu material, such as filmation, comics, vintage toy line, commercials, etc.

I am sure there are more reasons, but I am trying to look at WHY Mattel would consider selling this to MOTUC fans, and it seems to me like it would be a very good seller. I know people will want to comment and say "Mattel should make such and such vehicle instead because this other vehicles is my favorite." Just like asking for the whole Battle Ram is prob a waste of time Well realistically speaking most other vehicles will require to much tooling and parts for Mattel to consider.

If the Horsemen just updated the vintage Sky Sled to look more like the box art and maybe added a thruster or something on the back then this would be a kick ass toy!

Anyone else feel the same way or think this is worth asking Mattel in one of the Q&A's???

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would totally pick up some of these. At least a few for the good guys and bad guys alike. I agree that this would not take too much tooling to produce and it would surely sell like crazy!!!

agreed a sky sled would be awesome...i think of all the vehicles it is the most practical to produce due to its being a smaller vehicle and was widly seen in the cartoon and such
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

The Sky Sled alone could probably be done for the same price as Battle Cat. Adding the back half would probably drive the price to $55 or more given Mattel's explaination of costs. I'd be fine with just the sled. As much as I'd hate it, it might would have an easier chance to see the light of day as a con exclusive.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

It doesn't need to be expensive. It is not articutaled in any way.

What are the vehicles flying in the background?

I'll definitely buy a Sky Sled, but it will feel naked to me witout the Battle Ram(like He-Man without his power sword).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The Sky Sled will ONLY be able to "realistically" make it IF Mattel decides to finally produce vehicles...

Id love to see the Sky Sled, always been one of my fave vehicles and pretty small and easy to make hopefully. Id get at least two so I could paint green for the Evil Warriors.

Last edited by Rodster6; January 21, 2010 at 08:53am.

They would make their money off of me...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Wow! The vintage one looks really good on the MOTUC... An updated one would be incredibly awesome!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

If they did release these, I'd at least try to get two.

The Battle Ram was always one of my two favorite MOTU vehicles (the other being the Attack Trak.. toy version, not Filmation).

I'd definitely buy at least 2.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The sky sled was just two pieces of plastic stuck together... Maybe they could make it that way again and pack the halves in with figures... Like, left side with Ram Man, right side with Man-E-Faces. Buy the two figures, rip em open, then just clip the two sky sled halves together..

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I would buy a number of them, if possible... especially if they had a hood that opened!!! I know it would involve some more parts, but how rad would that be?!

I loved the Sky Sled with Battle Ram toy when I was little! I would definitely buy one if it was re-issued,along with The Wind Raider!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I truthfully think this would be the most likely of any of the vehicles to be made. It's smaller, likely smaller than Battle Cat, and, most importantly to Mattel, re-usable. Make a good one and a bad one, and maybe even a Horde and Snake version if the mood strikes them. It's also something that, as mentioned, would lend itself to the vehicle equivalent of army building.

I think it's something Mattel should consider quite seriously.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Totally buy some Sky Sleds! Hey Mattel! Bring the Sky Sleds!

I would even go so far and let the head (maybe even the cannon and the console) be a separate piece. That way, they could do numeros versions without offering just repaints.
    F.e., they could swap the bird head with a snake head, give it a new paintjob and call it "Serpent Sled." Heck, they might add a giant tooth and release "Mol-Arr's Emergency Sled" as an Exclusive next year for all I care!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I was thinking about this, but also, how about a Jet Sled as a bonus accessory? The old one came on a blister
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'm thinking it's likely this would be our first vehicle of the line. I could go for it too.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I wanted a sky sled to come with Eternian Royal Guards as accessories so I can selfishly army-build properly.

Make it to look just like the box art and Mattel has me for at least two, and likely more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I would even go so far and let the head (maybe even the cannon and the console) be a separate piece. That way, they could do numeros versions without offering just repaints.
    F.e., they could swap the bird head with a snake head, give it a new paintjob and call it "Serpent Sled." Heck, they might add a giant tooth and release "Mol-Arr's Emergency Sled" as an Exclusive next year for all I care!
    I totally agree... though I always thought it was a horse head.

I hope that we do get SkySleds in the future. I'd really love it if they could be opened like in the last picture (to reveal the engine). But, I do understand the extra tooling that'd require.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Yeah it could be possible as the folks here said by its self but then again I would want the other part of the vehicle too though. So I guess Matty would know that IF they made the sled by its self they would have to make the other half of it to because fans would want the other half of it. I would love to buy the whole thing if you ask me.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!