Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

Official Children and MOTUC Thread

I received my Adora yesterday and as I was opening the box, my 16month old daughter is by me watching. Just I took her out of the box, but before I got her out of the package, my daughter takes her from me and walks around the house looking at her. I went and took it away from her so I can open her up, and my daughter starts crying. I told her to come to me and as soon as I had the figure out, she take it from me and walks around the house again. After playing with her, my daughter puts her in toy-box, like it's her toy. A few minutes later I took Adora out of the toy-box so I can look at her like I do every figure, my daughter comes over and takes her from me again. Later I got another figure in the mail, Zodak that He-Ryno traded to me, and she takes him from me too. For a hour or so she's walking around the house with Adora in one hand and Zodak in the other.

Then last night at midnight when she wouldn't go to bed, we had her in our room and she was pointing to the shelf above our bed, this is where all my Classic figures are. She wanted to play with them, so i told that she could in the morning if she went to bed. Today I got down all my classics and let her play with them, without their weapons so she wouldn't choke if she tried to swallow them. She had Webstor by his hook and was dragging him around, it was too cute. I will try and get pics the next time she plays with them.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

I did hear this wild theory the other day that Toys are actually intended for children and not us Adults but I didn't take the guy seriously, I mean come on.......kids....they'll just break em and not appreciate the sculpts

And back in the real world my Son has his own MOTUC so he doesn't have to hog Daddy's.......

Heroic Warrior
    Well, He-Cowboy, this is the definite proof that even in 2010, children are definitely ATTRACTED to MOTU toys ! Even without the comics, the cartoons or the movie !

I don't think Mattel got that idea yet...

Quote Originally Posted by motorthing View Post
    and back in the real world my son has his own motuc so he doesn't have to hog daddy's.......

lol

Did I read correct when you said your MOTUC is right above your bed in your bedroom? You must have a very cool wife...We have some glass vase thing with sticks sticking out of it

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Let MOTU live on! When I eventually settle down and have kids, I will pass on MOTU and Batman (and a few others) down to my kids. I want them to have the toys that I grew up on and discover who the heroes of my generation were. And I only hope they when my kids are old enough to have their kids, they pass down the the Heroes of my generation to keep the legacy going long into the future.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    I did hear this wild theory the other day that Toys are actually intended for children and not us Adults but I didn't take the guy seriously.
    I've heard that too! But I don't care much for such New Age bull!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Did I read correct when you said your MOTUC is right above your bed in your bedroom? You must have a very cool wife...We have some glass vase thing with sticks sticking out of it

(he-cowboys wife here) lol yes I am a very cool wife.... even when they fall on my head at night.... I just yell at him and say "Hunni your little men are attacking me again".

Not to sound like a downer, but it isn't safe to have shelving above your bed, you could be sleeping, and it could fall on your head while sleeping. I guess living in Los Angeles has me worried about that sort of thing, with earthquakes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Not to sound like a downer, but it isn't safe to have shelving above your bed, you could be sleeping, and it could fall on your head while sleeping. I guess living in Los Angeles has me worried about that sort of thing, with earthquakes and all.
    I live in AZ so I don't worry, that and they are very sturdy.

and yes I have a very cool wife, given the fact that she has her own Hellraiser figures.

Great story He-Cowboy!! My Daughter is 17 months and does nearly the exact same thing! I have my Classics on a shelf and everytime she see's them raises both her arms and says "up". I bring a few of them down, like you, without weapons or anything loose that might come off and I let her play with them. I get a a kick out of her reaction when she does have them. I have one pic of her with Hordak. I'll have to try to take some more next time we play with them together!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Yes, no worries here in Ontario, Canada either...THAT, and I installed the shelf myself and such quality craftmanship is second to none!

Heroic Warrior
    My six year old daughter slept with Adora in her bed last night. She opened her before I got home from work. She recognized the box.

I have my own Adora on the way today with BA He-Man. Two of each of the girls for me so that my kids can have their own to wreck. My two year old tore the leg off of her Green Goddess. The translucent green plastic is not as strong as the other stuff. Glad I have my own.

And with that is where I'd lay the ground rules down and say, "These are daddy's toys. You have your toys." If I had a 16-month old taking toys out of my hands I'd grab it right back. Further I'd lock them in a display case where they couldn't be messed with.

At least if you really didn't want them being touched by greasy fingers and getting damaged or played with that's what I'd do. Otherwise I guess it wouldn't matter

If the kids really loved these then I'd go the route Ntumbuluku does.

Yes, no worries here in Ontario, Canada either...THAT, and I installed the shelf myself and such quality craftmanship is second to none!
    That and a good set of wall clamp anchors that grip to the inside of the wall and don't come out unless unscrewed (by then which the clamp would fall inside the wall and never to be seen again) it would take such a tremendous force to pull that off the wall that you'd damage the cabinet before it would ever detach from the wall. I always overprepare for such things like that. You can't be too sure!

I'll bet your shelves are of that caliber!
    Last edited by Horde Lord; January 20, 2010 at 06:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Horde Lord

Heroic Warrior

My 4,5 year old daughter digs MOTUC

It was a terrible day for 'Sam & Lola' (two little mice that live in my daughters classroom and get to stay each weekend with a different kid.)

First they were caught by skeletor & co, but luckely he-man came to the rescue!

r.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Id have to buy two of each figure if that were me so she could have them too to play with. Id like my children to be into MOTUC.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    does this mean I should be buying more action figures for potential future kids!? I can't have them touching my adult collector figures!!!!

Adorable pics, gang! We haven't any tots of our own yet, but someday, they will get their dose of MOTU!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I did hear this wild theory the other day that Toys are actually intended for children and not us Adults but I didn't take the guy seriously,.
    That is a wild theory!
    Last edited by jmb410s; January 21, 2010 at 04:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I did hear this wild theory the other day that Toys are actually intended for children and not us Adults but I didn't take the guy seriously, I mean come on.......kids....they'll just break em and not appreciate the sculpts

And back in the real world my Son has his own MOTUC so he doesn't have to hog Daddy's.......
    I think that buying motus in couples will solve the problem. One for me , one for my little son....

Agree that Mattel didn't actually realize that these could be appreciated by children too, if properly marketed of course, not like they did with the 200x series....

I dont intend to have children with my wife. At least in partial for reasons like this. I am far to selfish, and not proud of it, but honest about it, that I could not take my kids messing with my stuff.

I can hardly control myself when perhaps my nephew or her neice ect ect stop by with their parents and look alittle to long at our shelves.

I do realize that basically that makes me/her evil, because these are kids toys, and they are kids. Ignoring that MOTUC are actually an adult collector line, I'm refering to most of the other stuff. If I had a soul, sometimes I think I should give all my toys to my nephew.

But then I think that as much as I loved my toys, I grew out of them a bit before I grew back into them. Which is not to say I ever gave up action figures, but it took quite a while before I moved on to the next and forgot the old before I realized I may still want the old in the future.

So even if I gave them all to him, he'd have a great day, maybe a great couple of years he'd never forget, if he was lucky. But then he'd give them up, loose them, or just plain move on. And I'd be out more money that I care to think about. Maybe he'd track some down in the future, like I do some of the things I used to have but just kinda "dissapeared" as I grew older.

So maybe I'm not so evil, but I know that I'm still in the mind set of mine and ours (my wife and I) and not anywhere near caring about having another person to take care of. Heheh. That and what will be a really cool memory if I gave them all away will be years of continued happiness for me. I'll just keep getting him his Ben 10 or whatever it is this week.

But I love you all that have that kindness and ability. You are good people.

I think as long as my children knew to play carefully with my MOTUC id be fine with it. They are pretty hardy toys and I played with my original MOTU figures all the time and they are still in good condition to this day.
    I dont actually have children yet so if the day came in the future when they did take an interest in MOTU I think id be more inclined to buy them second hand 80s MOTU figures to play with instead of classics as they will probably be cheaper lol.

meh, yeah and action figures are supposed to be for kids as well? you gotta be kidding me...

seriously mattel should consider a motu line for little kids with 'cuter' versions of the characters, like the marvel's superhero squad but articulated.

As a child I would have hated kiddiefied versions of characters like the marvel superhero squad! Let the kids have the proper toys!

Vengeance Demon The Riding Ghost's Avatar
    My daughter LOVES Masters. I can't wait for She-Ra to be released so I can get her one for her own. Right now she just plays with my MOTUC and some originals I gave her and my nephew that I had doubles of.

RG
    From needing 13 figures to HAVING 13 figures sucks.
    Anyone got anything for sale cheap?

Like your comics monster flavored?
    ComicMonsters
    Where Monsters Dwell!