Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

I may be responsible for another generation of MOTU fans and the downfall of a parent's wallet!

I have a friend who has a six year son (It was his birthday yesterday!). Months earlier, I bought his son the Filmation value Volume 1 DVD that contained 20 episodes. I've heard that he loves the old cartoon and makes his dad skip the "reruns" that he recognizes. His son otherwise is a huge fan of cars...Hot Wheels, monster trucks, Pixar's Cars, racing video games, you name it!

Well, I bought him an Essentials set of MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor for his birthday and waited for the grand opening of presents. All his friends and relatives naturally bought him car toys, which made him happy. I was the only one who gave him action figures and, of course, he wasn't too impressed with the plain, white mailing boxes at first. Once he opened the boxes, though, his eyes lit up and he held up his figures for his mom to see, shouting, "Oohhh, Skellytor!!"

About half of the presents were left in their packages after unwrapping but He-Man and Skeletor were among the first to be opened. After some ground rules were established by his son (Skeletor uses magic and He-Man's shield can block it but the Power Swords are equal in a fight), the epic battles began! He-Man and Skeletor were involved with every toy out there; Testing each others strengths on the electric field of Operation...Battling on the speedways as race cars zoomed dangerously close by...Skeletor turning the tide riding atop a radio controlled monster truck! Some of the others kids at the party were also curious about the MOTUC toys as they took turns playing with them.

It was nice to see kids playing with MOTU toys once again, it reminded me of my own childhood. It's amazing that after several decades, the Masters of the Universe can still capture the imagination of a new generation. My friend was impressed by the quality of the sculpting and poseability of these new figures and his wife will probably start hating me now that her son keeps looking at the cardbacks and pointing out the other figures pictured there, heheh!

This next door neighbor kid saw my TRU He-Man and my TRU Skeletor and told me about how his dad lets him play with toys like that at his grandma's house, even the castle. I let him play with mine, and told dad about the new castle. I'm gonna try to get him his own "skeleton guy" for Christmas.

I can't wait for my son to be old enough to play with my MOTUC collection with me. He's 5 months old at the moment, so a few more years. I have a full set of MOC for him when he gets older. I'll be buying some cheap originals for him from a local vintage toy shop, to make sure he loves He-man before I give him the MOTUC awesomeness.

Snappy Threader
    Yeah, my kids are huge MOTU fans. Always have been.

I have a 10 and 8 year old that have been into He-Man since birth. These figures really should be on toy shelves, they are awesome for kids. Solid figures, lots of accessories, removable heads and armor... great times!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

I have a 9 year old son who watched a few of the DVD episodes with me (I have both halves of season 1 so far) and liked it ok. I bought him the He-Man and Battle Cat 30th set the other month and he likes those pretty well. Now I have to get him a Skeletor. He wants a TRU Skeletor as we decided that one is easily the cartoon version. He loves seeing which figures I get in the mail and snags them to play with for a little bit before I reclaim them to take to work and display on my desk each night.

My 2 yr old daughter likes to fidgit with Frosta. I keep her in my car for her and my 12 yr old daughter to have something to play with while driving around (picking up from school, going to dance class, sunday school, etc). Frosta was cool enough to buy, but I never watched POP back in the day and only learned of the character when the fig was announced for sale on Matty.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

He has the REAL Power

Enjoy ;-)

Indeed !

Very cute video...

Thank you Monteeg ;-)

Heroic Warrior

And MOTU gets another fan

So my 3 year old has decided he now likes He-Man and the Masters of the Universe over his previous love, Cars the Movie. He raised quite a tantrum to open my display case of MOTU Classics so he could take out He-Man and Prince Adam. He now sleeps with them, carries them wherever he goes. This weekend we went to the mall, and he insisted he wants to take them both. It was cute to see the stares he got from other kids, who probably couldn't figure out what toys they were.

Also he has watched all the episodes of the 80s cartoon on Netflix, and just like Dad he has no interest for the She Ra cartoon or the PoP figures!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    So my 3 year old has decided he now likes He-Man and the Masters of the Universe over his previous love, Cars the Movie. He raised quite a tantrum to open my display case of MOTU Classics so he could take out He-Man and Prince Adam. He now sleeps with them, carries them wherever he goes. This weekend we went to the mall, and he insisted he wants to take them both. It was cute to see the stares he got from other kids, who probably couldn't figure out what toys they were.

Also he has watched all the episodes of the 80s cartoon on Netflix, and just like Dad he has no interest for the She Ra cartoon or the PoP figures!
    Is that because you either don't have the POP figures, or quickly hand him the MOTU figures instead?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

My boy is on the path. We started watching an episode of the filmation show before nap time twice a week at 6 months old. Now at 14 months he tries to say "By the Power of Grayskull" and carries MOTUC He-Man everywhere. THe best part is watching him sit and focus ont eh figure, talking to himself and working it over for long periods. I can just see his imagination running!

He love the old golden books too! Just wait until this kid gets bigger!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    It's weird... my kids won't touch my MOTUC. Just lucky i guess. Ya... keep your boy away from thos She-Ras.

Yeah! My 4 year old loves him some He-Man. He goes to town on the cartoons and the classics. Just scored him Optikk. Buzz-Off may be his favorite now. And my one year old will only play with He-Man. He cries and yells 'MAN!' if you hand him a different figure!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    That's adorable
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Widget
    My 3 year old Daughter is scared of Granamyr but she loves Ram Man. She always asks if she can hold some figures for a little and then tries to take off with them. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Ya... keep your boy away from thos She-Ras.
    Oh? Why is that?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

My 5 year old son has watched all of Season 2 of She-Ra with me and regularly takes the other DVDs for MOTU and 200X up to watch before bed time. I want to get some vintage figures to let him play with. MOTUC is too expensive and honestly the vintage figures had action features that I loved!

Heroic Warrior
    I gave my six-tear-old godson a He-Man that came with one of those bundles and he was having fun. I took out my Snakemen and we battled. We had a blast and he asked me if he could have my Snakemen figures too. I had to say no, but I guess I need to track some down for him now. His mom helped me explain He-Man to him and is going to start showing him some of the old Filmation toons.

Wow, it's going to be tough to share these toys with my son if he is interested in them in a couple years. I'm not sure I want him playing rough with Fisto, Teela, and Whiplash since those guys might cost $200+ to replace. I think I might buy some 200X figures to introduce him to He-man.

My friend's son just turned old enough to get regular toys last December, so I bought him a set of MOTUC He-Man & Skeletor. He showed interest in the old Filmation series so I thought it would be a cool surprise to introduce him to MOTUC. He normally likes cars and everyone else got him RC's, speedways, monster trucks, and Hot Wheels stuff. I was afraid that He-Man and old Bone Face wouldn't stand a chance but it turned out, he played with his MOTUC figures more than anything else!

My two year old, almost three in a week, loves grabbing my figures off the shelves. His favorite seems to be Stinkor and he will always grab him and say "Skunk, p-ewww". It's funny to hear him pronounce the name he remembers the most is Mosquitor. He also knows Jitsu and Granamyr. His favorite nursery song is "Itsy Bitsy Spider", so when I told him that Webstor was a spider, he picked him up and began singing the song.

I'm glad I collected an extra set of these figures, because I know that he'll want them. Unfortunately, they got too expensive this year, so he won't get a complete collection.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

My 3 year old loves my collection of MOTUC, POP included. He loves the Filmation cartoon, we sit and watch it together. I don't have the POP cartoon, but I will soon, and we'll watch that too. I just won't be watching any NA & 200X with him, as those I have zero interest in, but I have a few MOTUC from 200X, one being Griffin....he's awesome.

My son loves He-Man, Faker, Skeletor, Adam, Cringer, Battle Cat....he likes to turn the head drum of Man-E-Faces. He has his own He-Man, Cringer & Demo Man, and has had them for over a year now, and both are still perfectly fine and in one piece.

I wish I had the money to buy him more, but I don't, but he's not lacking, he has Avengers, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Ghostbusters, Turtles.... But we have my collection to look at together, and at times, I can't even get him out of my collection room....which is actually a nice sized walk in closet in my office.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Wow, it's going to be tough to share these toys with my son if he is interested in them in a couple years. I'm not sure I want him playing rough with Fisto, Teela, and Whiplash since those guys might cost $200+ to replace. I think I might buy some 200X figures to introduce him to He-man.
    I bought my 7 yr old son 200x figures and vintage ones for that reason! He wants some classics but they're just too expensive to be thrown around IMO. If I was rich, I'd have no problem with it, but with our budget....no $30 figures for him! He loves watching He-man, She-ra, the MOTU Movie, and the 200x series though! He-man was the theme at his last birthday party....had to special order the cake stuff for him. And now he's got his little friends into it too. They love having battles at our house. So keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Oh? Why is that?
    Because apparently they might turn him into a girl?

Annnd that's sarcasm, folks!

I find it very interesting that a parent would need to post that he finds joy in seeing his son's lack of interest in something other collectors here love...

Is it not enough that the kid loves motu? You have to brag that he dislikes She-Ra?

Why? What point does that serve?

ANYWAY..

Reading these other posts was awesome . My nephew has been really into a few of the classics figured. His mom bought him the superman / he-man 2-pack so I got him a few others and he likes them a lot. But he loses all the accessories lol.
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 13, 2013 at 02:17am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app