Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

Got to say that the best part really is watching the reaction when my son gets a new figure. Usually his face lights up with joy as he pulls the figure out of the mailer, but every so often he finds his inner Keanu and I get a very serious "whoa" out of him.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...n/DSC01903.jpgmy baby is a fan lol the next gen orgers

Kids and MOTUC

anyone else have kids who play with MOTUC
    Good Journey

Yes!!! I have 4 kids (three boys, and a girl), and they all play with them. Well, except my 15 year old. He claims he is only setting up battle scenes and posing them. Yeah right!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

People ask if I play with them, I say the same thing, "I only pose them on battle scenes, and may make the occasional sound effect"
    Good Journey

What? No, he's doing it all wrong. You can't mix iterations of MOTU all together like that!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Did I read correct when you said your MOTUC is right above your bed in your bedroom? You must have a very cool wife...We have some glass vase thing with sticks sticking out of it
    I don't know why, but this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Alas, I have no life

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    But these are for adult collectors!!! The box says so!!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

My 2 year old son has his own kid version Transformers, and as far as MOTU...I will be hoping they release those little Masters soon, maybe in time for his 3rd B-Day in Dec '12 I will buy doubles of those a set for me, and him...But as far as the MOTUC go, to me they are way to pricey to let my kid destroy...He is not destructive, but he does throw a few things, and I would hate to look at my only 2 loose figures and see teeth marks on their boots and heads....But all my MOSC / MIB and the 2 loose are up on high shelves so he can't get them, as soon as I can get some extra money, I may buy him his own He-Man & Skeletor, minus the weapons until he is older. His Transformers are still in decent shape so I believe his own MOTUC He-Man & Skeletor would be just fine as well.

The way I see it, there are hardly any cartoons worth watching today, at least any with the same impact as the old 80's ones and their modern counterparts have. And that goes for toys too, nothing with the staying power the old vintage had from my youth....I mean come on they have 4" Justin Beiber figures for Gods sake....really? Aside from Ben 10 which I like, but I believe even that has limited staying power in the years to come as far as toys...there isn't much, and being that it's 2012 almost already...and most kids today won't even know what a Cassette player, rotary phone, or even a VCR is, I have to make sure my son is aware of everything, and at least try to see if he likes the old toy, and TV shows...

I have all of MOTU on DVD, I have all of G1 Transformers, I am working on getting Thundercats & The Real Ghostbusters...and maybe I will even get She-Ra just to have it in my collection.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 27, 2011 at 11:07pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    But these are for adult collectors!!! The box says so!!!
    LOL... Now that's funny!

Makes you wonder why MOTUC isn't on shelvesssssssssssss... Get with the program, Mattel.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I don't want to be a downer but I feel you guys should think twice about letting your kids play with these toys. Their is no doubt that these toys are a choking hazard and may contain poisons chemicals.

There is plenty of time for them to play with your MOTUC toys when they grow to an adolescent age. I've got a strong gut feeling that something bad is going to happen soon so don't risk being the one who prove me right.
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

aaaand the buzz is killed

Seriously, I think if you just take the weapons away, I think kids would still be safe to play with them. MOTUCs seem to be made real sturdy. I've been customizing a few of them and breaking these things apart is a job in itself!

I guess it depends on how your (respective) kids play with the toys? My 4 year old son gently plays with his toys, so the MOTUC stuff I've given (actually, he took them from my shelf) to him are still all good, and more importantly, so is my son

Just don't let them lick the Yellow paint or swallow the head, I think were still good to go
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    I don't want to be a downer but I feel you guys should think twice about letting your kids play with these toys. Their is no doubt that these toys are a choking hazard and may contain poisons chemicals.

There is plenty of time for them to play with your MOTUC toys when they grow to an adolescent age. I've got a strong gut feeling that something bad is going to happen soon so don't risk being the one who prove me right.
    I got my first He-Man when I was 3. The box says 5 and up. I guess I never should have had him.... except that my parents were responsible and watched me when I played with them, and they taught me not to do certain things. Funny, you're worried about our kids with weaponless MOTUC figures when I saw a bunch of (idiot) parents letting their kids play with a SAW at a "cut your own Christmas Tree" farm yesterday, not watching them at all while my wife and I looked on in horror and utter disbelief. Maybe you should tell them how to parent and leave the responsible parents to themselves.

You're welcome to feel that way.

We're welcome to continue to do what we wish.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post

I played with Transformers, He-Man, Voltron, Centurions....when I was a kid, and I never choked on the tiny thing that used to come with them, I am 35 now, and still here, I mean seriously, they have usually a 5+ age thing to begin with. I get tired of old vintage re-issues like Transformers having to be changed because of some toy safety law put in place because of stupid people giving toys to kids too young, and not watching them with those toys.

I don't watch my kid all the time while he's playing...really who does 100% of the time, unless they are on a leash, or you have a spy cam on them, but none of his toys (2 years old) can he swallow, he has a few older kid toys, but they are bigger, or have nothing that can fall off...my son is a kid first and foremost so no matter how smart he is, or how many times I tell him I know I have to watch him if he is playing with certain toys I may give him...that, sorry, is just commons sense, that too many people seem to lack anymore.

Point is I played with toys that had tiny missiles, and so did my younger nephews and nieces...I was 8 when TF came out, but my one nephew was 2, and when he was 3 he started getting them, and He-Man...sand he is 29 today, and still breathing.

This crap is as bad as the stupid woman who didn't have the common sense to realize Coffee was too hot to hold between your legs..DUH! now you have to be told on a cup that coffee is hot? really?...and she was an adult..

Too many kids are allowed to do whatever they want because the parents are too busy or too lazy to watch what they are doing...or to discipline their kids when they do something they shouldn't be doing, to make them aware it is was wrong to do. That is the parent, not the kid...kids are kids...they need attention, guidance and rules...can't be bothered to give them that, don't have them. Makes me wonder if 3/4 of politicians had inattentive parents growing up, with no discipline...they certainly have no common sense.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 28, 2011 at 09:59am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    wait a second, your wife allowed you to put a display shelf above your bed in the master bedroom WITH all your toys on it?!?!?

colour me envious...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I played with Transformers, He-Man, Voltron, Centurions....when I was a kid, and I never choked on the tiny thing that used to come with them, I am 35 now, and still here, I mean seriously, they have usually a 5+ age thing to begin with. I get tired of old vintage re-issues like Transformers having to be changed because of some toy safety law put in place because of stupid people giving toys to kids too young, and not watching them with those toys.

I don't watch my kid all the time while he's playing...really who does 100% of the time, unless they are on a leash, or you have a spy cam on them, but none of his toys (2 years old) can he swallow, he has a few older kid toys, but they are bigger, or have nothing that can fall off...my son is a kid first and foremost so no matter how smart he is, or how many times I tell him I know I have to watch him if he is playing with certain toys I may give him...that, sorry, is just commons sense, that too many people seem to lack anymore.

Point is I played with toys that had tiny missiles, and so did my younger nephews and nieces...I was 8 when TF came out, but my one nephew was 2, and when he was 3 he started getting them, and He-Man...sand he is 29 today, and still breathing.

This crap is as bad as the stupid woman who didn't have the common sense to realize Coffee was too hot to hold between your legs..DUH! now you have to be told on a cup that coffee is hot? really?...and she was an adult..

Too many kids are allowed to do whatever they want because the parents are too busy or too lazy to watch what they are doing...or to discipline their kids when they do something they shouldn't be doing, to make them aware it is was wrong to do. That is the parent, not the kid...kids are kids...they need attention, guidance and rules...can't be bothered to give them that, don't have them. Makes me wonder if 3/4 of politicians had inattentive parents growing up, with no discipline...they certainly have no common sense.
    THIS! I had all those toys as well, and played with them without incident. I even watched my younger cousins and younger kids up the street when I got a little older. By time I was 4-5 years old I could be trusted with toys with tiny parts. What I meant was I got a He-Man before the box said I was old enough for it, and with a little guidance from my parents, I was fine.

People just can't let kids be kids anymore, I think. Safety regulations and rules out the wazoo that we nor our parents had, and we were all fine. Too much fun, excitement, and wonder is being taken out of childhood and life in general. There is such a thing as being over-protective, over-cautious, and over-regulated. We're there and it's not a fun thing for ANYONE.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandalero View Post
    wait a second, your wife allowed you to put a display shelf above your bed in the master bedroom WITH all your toys on it?!?!?

colour me envious...
    I know it's cool. But how can she say no. She has her Hellraiser figures ( even though there still in storage in another state) and I have MOTU so there far is far.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

Wow some super cute kids are in this thread, I don't have any kids and no kids visit my house so my He man collection is safe, when ever my wife and I do have kids I have a padlock ready to go on my door, but I would buy some extra MOTU figures for them to play with

Sharing MOTUC With Kids: Post Pics & Stories

For my nephew's 9th birthday party, I wanted to introduce him to MOTU. Here's what I got him:

Filmation MOTU DVD Set (65 episodes)
    MOTUC He-Man
    MOTUC Skeletor
    MOTUC Battle Cat
    MOTUC Trap Jaw
    MOTUC Tri-Klops

After the party, we all sat down and watched the first episode and both my nephew and my 4 year old niece LOVE IT! Having the toys, they immediately started acting out the characters and fighting scenarios between He-Man and Skeletor. My niece draped a blanket around her and proclaimed that she is now He-man (she hasn't seen She-Ra yet). My nephew was quiet and attentive during the show viewing and he told me he thinks they are really, really cool.

Here's a few quotes they told me:

Nephew: "Trap Jaw is really gross, and really AWESOME!" This was a direct reference to the inside of his mouth.
    Niece: "Why does He-Man wear panties?"
    Niece: "He-Man is a hero. He has MAGIC muscles!"

I don't have kids, and this was the first time in years I've gotten to introduce this story to a child. I had a lot of fun!

Here's a few pics, but I can't seem to get them to upload large. If you click on them, I think you can see them better:

PeytonA.jpg
    PeytonFinal2.jpg
    PeytonD.jpg

Anyway, does anyone else have a fun experience sharing MOTUC with kids? I'd love to know!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Great idea for a thread. I don't have any pics, but here is my story.

I have a daughter who is 22 months old. The past few times I have received a shipment from Matty, she has said "open men." She knows I have my figures in our office, and she likes to look at them. Usually she likes to hold them when I first open them. Anyway, she has wanted to play with TP He-Man and Draego-Man ("Bad Guy," as she calls him) every day since I opened them. When it is time for her to go to bed, she will say "night night He-Man; night night Bad Guy." Yesterday and today she has wanted to play with some of them in our office. She likes making the anchor on the Wind Raider launch and switching He-Man and She-Ra out of the wind raider. I bought her a She-Ra a few weeks ago when she was on sale, and look forward to giving it to her in a few months.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

My good friend's son was having a Superman themed 4th birthday party so I organised him the He-Man/.Superman TRU 2-pack.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I have no kids, but I was just visiting my friend who lives 1000 miles away last week. Her 8 year old boy asked me who my favorite super hero was, and I told him He-man. He wanted to know more, so I did a sketch of He-man, Battle Cat, and Skeletor which he thought were cool. I showed him two quick videos I took of my collection and he was hooked. He asked me if I had any more videos and I started showing him Pixel Dan's review videos. I thought he'd find them kinda boring (although I love the videos, I didn't think there would be enough action for the kids) but he was mesmerized. His favorite part was when Pixel Dan put the Flash on Swiftwind. He laughed about that for 2 days. Soon his 5 year old and 2.5 year old sisters were in my lap watching about twelve of Dan's videos.

When their father got home from work, they excitedly told him about He-man, which caused dad to remember that he in fact had some vintage figures in his father's barn. So Saturday morning he dug them out, brought them home, and the 3 kids, their father, and I played on the kitchen floor for a couple of hours. The boy carried Flying Fists He-man, Battle Cat, Terror Claws Skeletor, and Panthor around with him all day. I flew out that day, but after calling them yesterday, found out that they spent all of Sunday morning watching She-ra and He-man on youtube.

It's times like those that I wish I had kids. I'd love to show them my MOTUC collection in person. The boy is seriously aching for a classics Battle Cat. He was running around the house on all fours, asking his little sister to ride on his back. Soooo much fun. I wish I was still up there watching the shows with them. It makes me very happy to see that He-man can still connect with children.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I'll be introducing (infecting? ) my godchild with PoP figures pretty soon (she's all into princesses but she loves some gold old action as well). Very curious to see how this ends up, but my guess is she'll be on the board in about 8 to 10 years or so... mwoohahaha
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I have no kids, but I was just visiting my friend who lives 1000 miles away last week. Her 8 year old boy asked me who my favorite super hero was, and I told him He-man. He wanted to know more, so I did a sketch of He-man, Battle Cat, and Skeletor which he thought were cool. I showed him two quick videos I took of my collection and he was hooked. He asked me if I had any more videos and I started showing him Pixel Dan's review videos. I thought he'd find them kinda boring (although I love the videos, I didn't think there would be enough action for the kids) but he was mesmerized. His favorite part was when Pixel Dan put the Flash on Swiftwind. He laughed about that for 2 days. Soon his 5 year old and 2.5 year old sisters were in my lap watching about twelve of Dan's videos.

When their father got home from work, they excitedly told him about He-man, which caused dad to remember that he in fact had some vintage figures in his father's barn. So Saturday morning he dug them out, brought them home, and the 3 kids, their father, and I played on the kitchen floor for a couple of hours. The boy carried Flying Fists He-man, Battle Cat, Terror Claws Skeletor, and Panthor around with him all day. I flew out that day, but after calling them yesterday, found out that they spent all of Sunday morning watching She-ra and He-man on youtube.

It's times like those that I wish I had kids. I'd love to show them my MOTUC collection in person. The boy is seriously aching for a classics Battle Cat. He was running around the house on all fours, asking his little sister to ride on his back. Soooo much fun. I wish I was still up there watching the shows with them. It makes me very happy to see that He-man can still connect with children.
    That is so awesome!

I know my first post might not be super-exciting information, but it was tons of fun introducing He-Man to two children. I really hope, later on, that Mattel considers a new line for He-man and She-Ra, because kids will still love it. My niece and nephew absolutely loved the Filmation cartoon. I plan to get my niece a She-Ra and a DVD soon. She's going to love it!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Awesome thread! Great stories!
    My sons loooove MOTU! In fact yesterday we had a figure opening party! I had a whole mess of figures that I had yet to open so the three of us went to town on em. They've been bugging me for weeks to open those things. They each walked away with several MOTUC and Marvel Legends figures so they were happy. I am truely blessed to be able to share my hobby with them.
    Articulated-Comic-Book-Art Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/186144664749556/ -
    He-Man.org feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=208726