Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

These are awesome stories! :-)
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd be interested to hear if any kids were offered/introduced to MOTU/POP and then said "no thanks"...

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    That is so awesome!

I know my first post might not be super-exciting information, but it was tons of fun introducing He-Man to two children. I really hope, later on, that Mattel considers a new line for He-man and She-Ra, because kids will still love it. My niece and nephew absolutely loved the Filmation cartoon. I plan to get my niece a She-Ra and a DVD soon. She's going to love it!
    I really enjoyed the pictures you posted and appreciate that you started this thread.

Another thing, we went to lunch before heading for the airport, and he asked about ten different times who we (his parents and I) thought would win: He-man and Battle Cat, or Skeletor and Panthor. He hadn't even seen a single cartoon yet, and jsut from the figures and my own enthusiasm, he couldn't stop thinking about the characters. He really knew very little about who those characters were, but the designs were so powerful that they set his imagination on fire. He was so excited that he couldn't stop asking the same questions over and over. Whether or not he's still into He-man next time I go up, is anyone's guess.

I wish I had some extra money because I'd buy him some classics figures and I'd buy the girls some POP Classics. Their mom even loved She-ra growing up. Not that I'm complaining, but it's too bad these figures are almost $30 a piece including shipping, because it makes it hard for some of us to share with kids. I think I'll send them some comics.
    Last edited by jibernish; April 30, 2012 at 05:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I have a 5 year old daughter, a 4 year old soon, and an 7 month old son, and all of them absolutely LOVE Masters of the Universe.

We watch He-Man and She-Ra religiously pretty much everyday (some days we watch Thundercats, Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Dora, Diago, or Dino Dan instead). My kids inherited my complete vintage collection. I bought them the entire 200x line for their birthdays and Christmas last year, and now they are starting to get a few classics. My oldest son has Draego-Man and Scareglow, and my daughter has Catra and BGEL. I also bought them Swift Wind, BP She-Ra, Skeletor, Panthor, Battle Cat, He-Man, Dem-Man, Hordak, and Beastmen too but we haven't given them to them yet. My son also really, really, really wants Megator and Gygor, so I'll be getting him one of each, and my daughter wants the Star Sisters, so I'll get her them too. Also planning to get a Griffin, Frosta, Spikor, Slush Head and Granamyr for them as well. And they can have all the extra parts from my Vykron figures too.

Finally, my 7 month old son also loves MOTU. He always gets really happy and laughs when he hears the Filmation theme songs, and then watches intently. He also loves to get his hands on the action figures... but he still is in the oral fixation mode, so we have to be careful! My other two kids can't wait until he is bigger, so he can play with the Snake Men (my son is always Evil Warriors, my daughter is Heroic Warriors and Great Rebellion, and I am the Evil Horde).

I LOVE the idea for this thread!
    I hope we get to see even more stories of new kids brought into the Masters toys.

My Godson when presented with a MOTUC Hordak for his birthday. He also got a MOTUC She-Ra & the SOTS DVD.

Last edited by Angel-T; April 30, 2012 at 06:08pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

My now 3 year old daughter pretty much repeats the entire opening to the original series, which she watches just about everyday. I even have a few episodes on my Kindle Fire for her to watch when we go shopping. When she watches the show she has to have He-man and Battlecat with her. She holds up a plain inflatable sword and says" Power of Grayskull." it's cute. She is also excited because I am making her a She-ra costume for Halloween, I'll post pics when it's finished.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

I'd forgotten about this thread (thanks for bringing it back He-Cowboy).

My twin girls turn 4 tomorrow and I was busy wrapping their gifts last night after they'd gone to bed. What are they getting? Well, they are both regular viewers of Filmation MOTU and She-Ra (we put them on before daycare while they have their breakfast a couple of mornings each week) and they specifically asked for toys of their favourite characters. They know that Daddy has He-Man and Skeletor, so they assumed that there must be an Adora, Sorceress and Teela figure available 'at the toy shop' and asked me if they could please have one. Needles too say, they'll be asking me to bring down Castle Grayskull from my 'display shelf' tomorrow morning, I have no doubt

Passing on the MOTU Torch

Ok, well...I picked up the Polly Pocket SDCC Princess of Power set for my daughter (She'll be 3 in September) when it went on sale after SDCC.

At the time, she played with them a lot.

Fast forward a few months...and She-Ra/Catra/Frosta must've felt like Andy's toys from Toy Story. They were just tossed into her toy bin.
    The other day, my wife and I were sitting on the couch and she was playing with her toys...and she picks up She-Ra and says, "Daddy, you have her on her horse!"

She recognized that the Polly Pocket She-Ra and the MOTUC She-Ra were the same character. So, about a week straight, she wants nothing to do with any toys but those little Polly Pockets.

I told her that She-Ra has a cartoon and I popped one of the Filmation episodes in for her. Immediately she picked up the little Polly Pocket sword and held it over her head and said, "I am She-Ra!"

Every night since that initial episode, she has asked to watch She-Ra before bed...and when we bring her to bed, she has to stop into the office to see the MOTUC She-Ra and Swiftwind.

Thank you Mattel! It's so nice to relive seeing a child with their first MotU.

I hadn't picked up the entire series of Princess of Power (Just the "BEST OF") set...but it looks like I'm off to Amazon hehe.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Awww, that is a very sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I don't have kids, but I can only imagine how touching it would be.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Nice story indeed!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Nice to hear! I don't have children but am doing the same with my nephews. I think my brother (who was a huge MOTU fan too as a kid) is getting just as much out of it as they are
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Nice story indeed!
    Hehe, oh yeah...

She was afraid of Hordak (covered her eyes when he came on) until we watched an episode with Imp. She says, "Silly Daddy, pigs don't fly!"
    She loves Imp and Kowl and she yells when she sees Loo-Kee.

I think her favorite GR character is Mermista.

Heroic Warrior
    It is pretty cool having a kid and collecting MOTUC at the same time. My oldest boy is 3 and he already can recite the names of over 40 Masters characters.

Of course, he changed the names on some of them. Mer-Man is Frog Man, and Stratos is Bird Man.

About a year ago I gave him my entire collection of 200x figures and he loved them. He keeps them all in a drawer in his captain's bed, and he calls them "my guys."

Then, about six months ago, I started to rebuild my MOTUC collection that I had been forced to sell. He calls the MOTUCs "daddy's guys."

We play He-Man about three or four times a week--it's a lot of fun--he makes up such wacky, elaborate stories.

My wife and I were dying laughing last week because he was playing with Fisto and Teela and he turned to us and shouted enthusiastically, "Look, Fisto is fisting Teela!" We were both at a loss for words.

His favorite MOTUCs are Draego-Man, Battle Cat, and Griffin. Kid's got good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    It is pretty cool having a kid and collecting MOTUC at the same time. My oldest boy is 3 and he already can recite the names of over 40 Masters characters.

Of course, he changed the names on some of them. Mer-Man is Frog Man, and Stratos is Bird Man.

About a year ago I gave him my entire collection of 200x figures and he loved them. He keeps them all in a drawer in his captain's bed, and he calls them "my guys."

Then, about six months ago, I started to rebuild my MOTUC collection that I had been forced to sell. He calls the MOTUCs "daddy's guys."

We play He-Man about three or four times a week--it's a lot of fun--he makes up such wacky, elaborate stories.

My wife and I were dying laughing last week because he was playing with Fisto and Teela and he turned to us and shouted enthusiastically, "Look, Fisto is fisting Teela!" We were both at a loss for words.

His favorite MOTUCs are Draego-Man, Battle Cat, and Griffin. Kid's got good taste.
    HAHA...

I have "Dragon Guy, Skunk Man, and Lellaphant Man"

My son has his own MOTUC He-Man, and he always messes with my stuff too, and he always holds something over his head, and says "this is what He-Man does", and he's always raising the arm of his He-Man up like he's holding the sword, and tells me to look at He-Man....plus he's watched quite a few episodes of MOTU....he always wants me to pick him up so he can see all my figures, and he knows the names of every one in my collection, plus a few he's seen on the computer in pics. He knows them all without me saying a word, and he's not even 3 for a few more months.

His favorites to look at are He-Man, Skeletor, Faker, Demo-Man, Battle Cat, Swiftwind & Kobra Khan.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

My daughter saw me watching She-Ra right before Power-Con last year and asked me who the girl with the crown was. I told her that she was a princess, the Princess of Power and her name was She-Ra. She was hooked (cause she was into princesses). She constantly asked to watch different episodes. I'm pretty sure she's seen them all. I don't know how many times we watched the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special, but it was way better than watching that stupid Dora Christmas special everyday! So for Christmas last year I got her the MOTUC Bubble Power She-Ra and Swiftwind. She loved them!!!! She doesn't play with them as much now but every now and then she will ask to watch an episode of She-Ra. I can't complain though, when she's not watching Disney princess movies she's asking to watch She-Ra, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (she loves Firestar), or Jem! And her little brother, who will be 2 next month has taken notice to all of my MOTUC figures displayed around basement/den. He's constantly saying "Daddy He Man". He even took notice of my Four Horsemen Scarabus figure that is posed fighting Battle Armor He-Man. He calls him "Scary". Soon he'll need his own MOTUC He-Man. I think it's safe to say that I have successfully passed the MOTU torch to my kids as well!!!

cyber-assassin
    Meh. My kids are all into the 360. My 16 year old isn't into toys, though if he's not on facebook or the xbox, he's playing pokemon. My 8 year old, whom I've almost completely cloned, is into playing the xbox with his friends, cousins, and uncles. Although on the other hand, I might be closer to my cousins and uncles who lived 4 states away growing up if I had something like an xbox to interact with them growing up.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

My nephew is six now and everytime he jumps at my place with my sister he immediatly goes in my room to see buzz-off and he-man (the two favourites). Last christmas I bought him he-man, skeletor and she-ra from matty discounts (I know but my sister thought that hordak and king hsss were too scary for a child, then I explained her that I used to play with the same figures at his age and she was playing with me - and shes younger). The bad thing is that my sisters husband now is mad at me because my nephew always ask for more he man figures and he become a cherry picker without knowing it...the only thing he knows is that he has to spend 35 euros for a figure for his son instead of something chepaest on retails.
    "Why not Powe Rangers? Why not football?" because.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; July 18, 2012 at 02:26pm.

Creating the next generation of MOTU fans.

With the craziness of the past few days for MOTU fans I wanted to share something that really made me smile today. To give some background, I got my youngest nephew the first season of He-Man on DVD last christmas (along with DuckTales). It was definitely mostly for him but I also knew my oldest brother would get a kick out of watching them with his son, as he was a HUGE MOTU fan in the 80's. He told me that my nephew had immediately taken to He-Man and they were going through the episodes very quickly. It was something great for them to be able to share together and the fact that my nephew could see how much his father loved MOTU made him get even more excited about it.

Last month, for his birthday, I got my nephew his first MOTUC figures. He received He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor, and Panthor (along with the 2nd season on DVD). He, along with his older brother, are now in love with these toys. He-Man has now become a household name for them. Earlier today my sister-in-law sent me the following video:

It really made me smile! I am heading out to AZ to visit my family next month and my nephew will be getting the Secret of the Sword DVD and a BUNCH of other core MOTUC figures
    Last edited by Swifty; July 23, 2012 at 10:33am.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Cool. My kids love MOTU. They play with all my vintage figures and 200x figures, they watch the DVDs, and I have bought them a few Classics too.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Very cool. I have my son and daughter into them as well. I'll probably buy a second sub almost exclusively for them. What I have been doing is every other month or so, or when a really neat looking character comes out, I buy them each a MOTUC. My daughter is really into She-Ra, Swift Wind and the Snakemen. My son loves them all.

Great to see kids these days playing with MOTU. You know other kids will see them and hopefully the word will spread.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    Very cool. I have my son and daughter into them as well. I'll probably buy a second sub almost exclusively for them. What I have been doing is every other month or so, or when a really neat looking character comes out, I buy them each a MOTUC. My daughter is really into She-Ra, Swift Wind and the Snakemen. My son loves them all.

Great to see kids these days playing with MOTU. You know other kids will see them and hopefully the word will spread.
    This is what I have been doing with my nephew, especially with the re-issues but I too got an extra sub just for him this year. There are very few figures that I think he wouldn't got for.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I have no kids, but I was just visiting my friend who lives 1000 miles away last week. Her 8 year old boy asked me who my favorite super hero was, and I told him He-man. He wanted to know more, so I did a sketch of He-man, Battle Cat, and Skeletor which he thought were cool. I showed him two quick videos I took of my collection and he was hooked. He asked me if I had any more videos and I started showing him Pixel Dan's review videos. I thought he'd find them kinda boring (although I love the videos, I didn't think there would be enough action for the kids) but he was mesmerized. His favorite part was when Pixel Dan put the Flash on Swiftwind. He laughed about that for 2 days. Soon his 5 year old and 2.5 year old sisters were in my lap watching about twelve of Dan's videos.

When their father got home from work, they excitedly told him about He-man, which caused dad to remember that he in fact had some vintage figures in his father's barn. So Saturday morning he dug them out, brought them home, and the 3 kids, their father, and I played on the kitchen floor for a couple of hours. The boy carried Flying Fists He-man, Battle Cat, Terror Claws Skeletor, and Panthor around with him all day. I flew out that day, but after calling them yesterday, found out that they spent all of Sunday morning watching She-ra and He-man on youtube.

It's times like those that I wish I had kids. I'd love to show them my MOTUC collection in person. The boy is seriously aching for a classics Battle Cat. He was running around the house on all fours, asking his little sister to ride on his back. Soooo much fun. I wish I was still up there watching the shows with them. It makes me very happy to see that He-man can still connect with children.
    I thought I'd reply to my own post which gives some background on how I introduced my friend's 8 year old to He-man. I saw this thread pop up again and thought I'd share a fun little update to my story.

On his own, my friend's 8 year old boy sent me the following 2 drawings he did in the mail:

ED He-man drawing.jpgED Skeletor drawing.jpg (the He-man one is cut off, it says "He-man has lots of people that help him."

So I decided to return the favor, and did an 8"x10" acrylic painting for him:

He-man small.jpg

I guess he really liked it because he just sent me a painting last week:

ED He-man painting.jpg

After seeing this thread again last night, it inspired me to start another painting, this time for his 5 year old sister, who I just mailed the first 20 episodes of She-ra to a few weeks back. (I've never drawn She-ra or Swiftwind before, and I plan on making a few fixes before I paint it):

She-ra and Swiftwind.jpg

It's so much fun sharing my love of MOTU and of drawing with these kids. Too bad they live so far away. I plan on doing a Skeletor and Panthor painting after She-ra is complete.

Great work, jibernish!

I love this thread. It was good to stop here, especially right now lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.