Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Because apparently they might turn him into a girl?

Annnd that's sarcasm, folks!

I find it very interesting that a parent would need to post that he finds joy in seeing his son's lack of interest in something other collectors here love...

Is it not enough that the kid loves motu? You have to brag that he dislikes She-Ra?

Why? What point does that serve?

ANYWAY..

Reading these other posts was awesome . My nephew has been really into a few of the classics figured. His mom bought him the superman / he-man 2-pack so I got him a few others and he likes them a lot. But he loses all the accessories lol.
    Hey, I'm a married straight guy, but in the 80's I will admit, I watched My Little Pony, Rainbow Bright, Care Bears....I never played with Barbie, but that's because my sister was 15 years older than me, and I had no cousins or nieces old enough to care about them....not sure I would have anyway, but maybe if I was asked nicely. But I never watched POP, or had any of the dolls, not sure why, I don't remember if I even knew they existed then. But I was 8 in 84 when most of this was in full swing.

My son plays with his 9 and 12 year old cousins, he plays with their dolls with them, he obviously had none of his own, but if he wants to play with them with theirs who cares, he's 3.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

*gg*
    my son (1 1/2 years) also LOVES my motuc - we always have to go look whats new on papas toyshelf...maybe someone can get a grip on some of these figures, while dads not watching....
    I bought him allready quite alot of vintage, NA and 200X stuff, but I locked away most of the playsets and vehicles - I give them to him, when he is a bit older and dosent bring carnage and destruction to grayskull and the rest
    He really likes the disc firing Blasterhawk, loads of fun. I cant wait until he is a bit older, then we are going to invade the whole house with our combined Masters forces ;-)
    AND I am really curious what the other kids are going to say about his motus? maybe he is the only one, who got them...

I gave my 2 year old boy some of those fugly 200x He-Man and Skeletor variants and he loves them and he knows them by name. My wife even suggested we try show him the MotU Toons. He also has a Classics Mer-Man and I want to get him the TRU He-Man and Skeletor (but those are like hens teeth now)

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Most evenings my three year old actually asks me to look up pics of various characters online. He almost always wants to see the "big" (Classics) version. I made him a cardboard power sword, ax and shield. Now he runs around the house shouting "By the power of Castle Grayskull" (he always wants to insert the word "Castle" there).

He knows almost all of the characters by name - at least the ones based off the vintage toys.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; March 13, 2013 at 06:55pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I want to get some vintage figures to let him play with. MOTUC is too expensive and honestly the vintage figures had action features that I loved!
    My son and I started HIS vintage collection for these reasons. The problem is, he has most of the cheap ones and now he wants the really expensive vintage figures and of course, those are the ones he wants most.

We've been scouring toy shows for a squeeze and snake face for under $40 for the last year.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Ever since I surprised my nephew with Megator, Tytus, and a couple of regular figures for his birthday, he is hooked! I sent him the Secret of the Sword DVD and my sister says he loves it! He is also a big fan of the filmation & 200X series.

This thread is just another example of how timeless MOTU really is!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Rewriting history with MOTUC

Today was the the day of the ultimate MOTUC battle at my house. Being that it was a rainy Saturday, my kids and I started playing early... and after 8 hours of battling... yup 8 hours! We rewrote the history of MOTU.

We started in Preternia... where Scareglow reigned supreme. He had an army of Skeletor variants as his minions (as well as some 4H time keepers) and he lived in Castle Scareglow (200x Grayskull). The barbarians of the time staged an attack (Vykor, Vykron, Wundar, Grayskull, a few He-Men) astride their battle cats. The goal was to break into the castle and steal the book of souls (Shadow Weaver's green book) to stop Scareglow from resurrecting the dead into his servants, and send him back to his dimension. Scareglow was able to summon dragons with the help of DB skeletor... so Granamyr, Fang Man and Draego Man got involved... the barbarians failed and were all killed... decapitated... sad times for sure. Only Grayskull escaped.

Word got out of the power contained in the castle and soon the Horde arrived. A second epic battle occurred. Both side suffered losses... then the older King Grayskull appeared (King He-Man) with a few more heroes (Ram-Man, BG Teela (wearing BP She-Ra's head) astride her Griffon, and a few others. Grayskull snuck into the castle... where Octavia killed 4 guys at once and grabbed the book from the secret door (battling Grayskull Man in the process) And by using it's power sent Scareglow and the Horde back to their respective dimensions. This is when Grayskull changed the name of the castle and swore to protect its power.

A thousand years later Scareglow returned being helped by a time keeper who escaped Infinita. as he was trying to take control of the castle Randor and Keldor arrived with the Masters of the Universe. A third epic battle where Scareglow was finally defeated, but seconds before he was banished, he used his power and blasted Keldor... turning him into a Skeleton. The Masters would not fight one of their own.., they wanted to reverse the curse, but Skeletor as he was now called, was too evil, and he escaped!

The last battle of the day was a closer to modern era Eternia bought... where Skeletor, who had sought out other evil beings for training (the Horde) was recruiting his evil warriors (Kronis at this point... until he got his arm ripped off by Psy Chop when Skeletor turned on the Horde. Blue Mer-Man (he turned more green as he got older as all Mer-Men do I was told) Evil Lyn, etc.

As it stands Skeletor has won Grayskull, but tomorrow I hear the Snake Men are coming as well as a revived Horde... so who knows... Maybe He-Man and the modern Masters will take them all, but I'm not too sure!

So yea 8 hours of playing with my 2 sons... over 70 figures involved... and these are for the "adult collector" Nah, these are awesome toys period!!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Very epic, I think maybe your children should write the bios

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Very cool! Sounds like a fun way to spend the day for both kids and parent alike
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

my basement is a mess... it will take a long time to put everyone back in the right spot!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Blue Mer-Man (he turned more green as he got older as all Mer-Men do I was told)
    Awesome.

(filler to make my short post "acceptable")

The way Ive heard this line described was "The best toys for kids that hardly any kids will ever get to play with." This is proof of that. These are what kids want to play with when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    The way Ive heard this line described was "The best toys for kids that hardly any kids will ever get to play with." This is proof of that. These are what kids want to play with when they do.
    Seriously... my kids love these things, as I'm sure most kids would... too bad that stores won't ever carry them. They chose these over video games all day!

Great stuff. Sounds like an epic day with the kids.
    By the ancients!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That was awesome. I'm flying over so I can play.

Totally gonna steal the idea of Castle Scareglow for my 200X castle!

I need some kids...

Um. I don't need to clarify that statement do I?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Neither of my boys (4 and 6) are really into the toys at the moment but they're heavily into all the different books produced in the 80s. We're reading 3 or 4 Ladybird or Golden books each night at bedtime and afterwards they listen to an audio tape as they fall asleep.

Yea all the old books really helped my kids get into MOTU... they are 9 and 11 now and my eldest wants to be a toy designer. I should have taken him to 4H studios last October when Cornboy invited me up, but I didn't want to impose. I might actually buy the $250 Raven Kickstarter "Intern for a Day" for him so he can learn from the best... not sure if they'll host an 11 year old tho!

MOTUC Influencing a new generation in an awesome way

This is kind of random but somewhat connected to MOTUC. I started collecting in 2009 and quickly became obsessed. In addition to the new toys I gave the 200x cartoon another try and quickly fell in love with it. My girlfriend's 7 year old nephew John has had a rough upbringing (due to a terribly negligent father) and I started giving him MOTUC for birthday and Christmas gifts in addition to the 200x and original MOTU DVD's, and let's just say he's taken to them as well as I did in 2009. He's a bit of a troubled kid (again, not at all his fault) and my girlfriend told me a story today about him defending a kid in his class who was being bullied because he had a pink lunchbox. As more and more kids picked on him, John yelled out "What the heck? Stop picking on him! What if YOU guys had to come to school with a pink lunchbox?" I'd like to think that the morals at the end of the old MOTU cartoons helped John do the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that since John stood up for that poor kid, the bullying has stopped.
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by platypusrex82 View Post
    This is kind of random but somewhat connected to MOTUC. I started collecting in 2009 and quickly became obsessed. In addition to the new toys I gave the 200x cartoon another try and quickly fell in love with it. My girlfriend's 7 year old nephew John has had a rough upbringing (due to a terribly negligent father) and I started giving him MOTUC for birthday and Christmas gifts in addition to the 200x and original MOTU DVD's, and let's just say he's taken to them as well as I did in 2009. He's a bit of a troubled kid (again, not at all his fault) and my girlfriend told me a story today about him defending a kid in his class who was being bullied because he had a pink lunchbox. As more and more kids picked on him, John yelled out "What the heck? Stop picking on him! What if YOU guys had to come to school with a pink lunchbox?" I'd like to think that the morals at the end of the old MOTU cartoons helped John do the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that since John stood up for that poor kid, the bullying has stopped.
    Awesome story.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Wow. OwO Now that is amazing. Kid must be lucky he had you as an influence. Good for him!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Awesome story.
    Completely agree.

Also, I wanted to chime in and say that I plan on getting my nephews more MOTUC goodness this Christmas! I am at the point in life where giving something as awesome as He-Man has become as much fun as receiving He-Man figures when I was young! I love seeing my youngest nephew play with these figures all night long on Christmas...... It reminds me of yesteryear! Again, MOTU is timeless!

Plus, it's almost that time to watch the Christmas Special too!!! YAY!

Thanks for reviving this thread - it makes me so happy to read these stories!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quick question for all of the parents.

I picked up a some Classics at Big Lots and have been slowly gifting them out to my nephew. I gave him He-Man, Skeletor and Man-E-Faces (a long with the Best of He-Man DVD for context) when he visited back in August. Then for his 5th birthday in September, I sent Grizzlor and Clawful. For Christmas I am trying to figure out three figures to send and was thinking I would send out Megator with two other standard size figures.

Is Megator too "scary" for a five year old - mainly the older, more decrepit head? I think I may be overreacting as I'm pretty sure I had plenty of monster figures at that age - hell Skeletor has no face at all. But I won't be a parent until April, so I'm lacking the experience/judgement on this.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Quick question for all of the parents.

I picked up a some Classics at Big Lots and have been slowly gifting them out to my nephew. I gave him He-Man, Skeletor and Man-E-Faces (a long with the Best of He-Man DVD for context) when he visited back in August. Then for his 5th birthday in September, I sent Grizzlor and Clawful. For Christmas I am trying to figure out three figures to send and was thinking I would send out Megator with two other standard size figures.

Is Megator too "scary" for a five year old - mainly the older, more decrepit head? I think I may be overreacting as I'm pretty sure I had plenty of monster figures at that age - hell Skeletor has no face at all. But I won't be a parent until April, so I'm lacking the experience/judgement on this.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!
    I don't think he's too scary. My four year old would love one. I wouldn't give hell raiser figs to him or anything, but Megator should be fine
    By the ancients!!!

My 8 month old first ate Skeletor's head then waved him around by his foot GEDC0678.JPGGEDC0679.JPGGEDC0680.JPGGEDC0681.JPG and my three girls played with a couple of the figures.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero