Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Official Children and MOTUC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    This shows why Mattel are missing a trick by not going to retail and marketing this property properly.
    Exactly! Between figures and going the route of Mega Blocks and Imaginext (which my 3 year old loves), and then doing a new cartoon, they could really do some damage like they did in the 80's
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

I have a 4-year old daughter and she loves when the new figures arrive. I actually put Castle Grayskull on top of her train table and got rid of the trains (she was bored with them). She had a play-date the other day and the first thing she showed them was "Daddy's Castle Grayskull." I watched them like a hawk but they were all pretty gentle considering the age.

Her favorites are Glimmer, Draego-Man, She-Ra, Fang-Man, Orko, both Sorceresses, and Dragon-Blaster Skeletor (she thinks his little dragon friend is cute).

She's going to flip about the PoP sub! Loo-Kee will be like the Elf on the Shelf...as I will hide him every morning so she can find him before daycare/pre-school. (She loves trying to find Loo-Kee in the Filmation episodes)

I have given my 8 year old son Flipshot, Clamp Champ and Hydron. They hold up great and work really well on the TMNT zip line. He uses them to crash into Shredder, Spiderbyte, and Doc Ock on a regular basis. He also has all the vintage guys and players though. Funny enough he prefers them for some reason. He asked me the other day if they had "kid versions" of them lol. Anyway it's cool to see them played with...but he's still not getting mine...lol.

A great thread! My 6 year old is still so-so about MOTU, but he'll still ask if he can get my 'old skool' figures out and he plays with them, and very carefully I might add! He tosses his toys all over the place, but he knows the vintage ones are old, and just takes care with them. I'm hoping that he'll get into MOTU some day, but I want his interest to be organic, so we'll see.

Loved the timeline in the OP, I agree, that with the right marketing and a bit of re-imagining, the world of MOTU could become a firm favorite for another generation. Get to it, Mattel!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Loved the timeline in the OP, I agree, that with the right marketing and a bit of re-imagining, the world of MOTU could become a firm favorite for another generation. Get to it, Mattel!
    Due to the lackluster sales of the Wind Raider, kids will not be interested in MOTU.
    (BTW, this is not a shot at TG or Mattel...just the entire corporate business model.)

Heroic Warrior
    My nieces and nephews ( I don't have children of my own) were always playing with my 200X Masters of the Universe because I had vehicles and play sets to go with them; until I got Castle Grayskull. Now they like to play with the classics. When I would watch my niece, she and I would play with them for hours! After I realized Netflix and Hulu gave us access to The original He-man and She-ra cartoons as well as the MYP cartoons, we would watch them together and play. I love how all the factions are in Classics and how everything fits together. When they are all playing together, they don't see and difference between Masters and Rebellion but interestingly enough, the Horde and Evil Warriors hardly ever work together. Go figure, right?
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'm not a parent, but it's super cool to read your story about how are introducing your kid to He-Man. It's such a cool and unique thing, someting he will always remember.

Thanks for sharing!
    This is almost exactly what I was going to post. Since I have such cherished memories of MOTU as a kid, it is INCREDIBLE to hear parents my age are passing on these great stories to their children! You are a Father of the Year candidate for sure! Well done sir!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Great to hear stories like this.

My son 5 and my daughter 8 have been playing with MOTU Classics for years now. CG was their joint Christmas present.

I'm really glad to hear the OP's story along with the reactions from the forum.

I don't think I have much to say along with what else has been said except for a quote that stuck with me from a teacher I had:

"Imagination is one of those things that we lose as we get older. We don't lose all of it but we lose enough to lose the magic and spontaneity it had while we were children. The only real way that we ever get to revisit it, is when we have children of our own."

Truth be told this is one of the reasons why I got into collecting in the first place

My girlfriend's son is head over heels in love with my MOTUC collection! He is not allowed to play with them, but he is very happy, just looking at them and ask me about the new figures who have arrived, since their last visit (we do not live toghether, as of yet).

Two weekends ago, he was examining the gate at Castle Grayskull, and suddenly he asked what the claw marks were. He had interpreted some of the cracks and ridges in the gate as claw marks.
    Knowing, full well, that Panthor is his number one favorite in the line, so far, I began to tell him a story about the time Skeletor commanded Panthor to break down the gate at Castle Grayskull, with his mighty claws and brute strength. He was absolutely fascinated, and when I paused a few seconds, as I really did not know how to continue the story, he blurted out: "Yes! and then what? What happened?" And then a thought struck me... I said to him that I did not know what happened next, and HE would have to tell me, about that, the next weekend...

Last weekend arrived, and so did my girlfriend and her son. He was so excited that he could hardly wait to get his shoes off, and then he showed me a piece of paper, where he had written a few sentences and drawn a picture. It was the end of our story from last weekend!
    As it turns out, Panthor DID manage to brake open the gate, but he was too big to fit through the gate, so Skeletor had to enter the castle alone, where he was, after a short victorious outburst, imidiately thrown out, by the Sorceress. The drawing showed a truly ferocious Panthor, clawing at the castle gate.

Now this effort comes from an eleven year old boy, who has never EVER been interested, neither any good at, reading or writing! His mother told me later that night, that he had been working on the plot, the writing and the drawing, all through the week, and rejected several attempts, as well as suggestions from her, before he was satisfied. Now, how about that, for commitment?

It goes with the story, that I asked him why Skeletor had to enter Castle Grayskull, all by himself, and why he did not take Beast Man, or Trap Jaw or any of the other evil warriors with him. The answer came at once: Trap Jaw and Beast Man were leading the other evil warriors on an attack on the Royal Palace, so as to keep He-Man and the other heroic warriors busy! He had the evil warriors creating a diversion, without even knowing what that word means!

Now, such an effort on his part deserves some form of reward, I think, so I will be buying him his own Panthor, with Skeletor and He-Man, for his birthday, and I have a feeling that this story may not be the last from him...

My 8 yr old nephew is very Luke warm about my MOTU stuff and I am certain it's because he is not familiar with the property. I always show him the new stuff I've gotten but he doesn't seem to want to play with them. He loves my G.I. Joes however, and he loves the movies so I am certain there is a connection with familiarity. His 3 yr old sister on the other hand LOVES MOTU. she constantly tries to play with swiftwind and the other POP figures. Her favorite thing in the world is to open the gate to castle Grayskull with the sword. She will do it over and over. I've decided she will be getting her own She-Ra toys this year for her birthday.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's nice to be reminded what this whole hobby is supposed to be about: good, old fashioned FUN! Thanks so much for sharing this, as it warms even a grumpy old dragon's heart...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman