Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Hurricane / Buzz Saw Hordak speculation

MotUC Hurricane / Buzz Saw Hordak speculation

We've already got Hordak. The next version of him will be Hurricane, if Mattel continues with the same order as the vintage line.

Do you think:
    1. He should have his shiny (vac metal) paint app on his chest?
    2. He should come with his 3 attachments (which will not work because there's no action feature)?
    3. He should have his action feature?

Discuss
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hurricane Hordak...I'm not crazy about the morphing powers from the 80's. I prefer Hordak being a magic user.

1) No vac metal. Gold paint like He-Ro.
    2) He should come with his three attachments.
    3) He shouldn't have his action feature.

This exposes a problem when it comes to the 80's variants--those figures were defined by their action features. In a line with no action features, the appeal of those variants really suffer. At least Hurricane has the golden armor...Buzzsaw Hordak is even worse. He'd look like normal MOTUC Hordak, only his chest opens up.

I'll most likely get them for the collection, especially if I have a change of heart one day.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 21, 2010 at 10:50am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I agree with those options. I'm probably in the minority, but I'm really excited about the idea of a MOTUC Hurricane Hordak... it's the version of Hordak I had as a kid.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I never had any alternate hordaks as a kid, so i'm not sure what they did, but i would love the canon arm at some point since i'm completely the opposite and love the filmation hordak concept more than the magic user. So bring on Hurricane Hordak!!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I like the idea that Hordak perfers technology over magic. While I'll admit that I perfer Filmation over myp as a whole, I also think that this distinction helps to make Hordak a unique character and not just a carbon copy of Skeletor.

That said, I can't wait for hurricane hordak, and I hope we get all his attachments. I don't care if we get the spinning action feature, which I doubt we would, but I do want the cannon arm.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I love the Hordak variants!

I think that he will have Fisto/Jitsu's arm (good 3rd reuse of the arm), just changed at the mid-forearm for an attachment end. He'll have pieces like Trap-Jaw that will fit in the end socket, no action feature of course. Gold paint, like He-Ro, not Vaccum metal.

I'd also love it if he were the "blue" version.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    We've already got Hordak. The next version of him will be Hurricane, if Mattel continues with the same order as the vintage line.

Do you think:
    2. He should come with his 3 attachments (which will not work because there's no action feature)?

Discuss
    1.) If not vac-metallized, he at least should be shiny and metallic like BA He-Man! Gold is a must, obviously!
    2.) All three!
    3.)No action feature necessary.

And I don't know about Buzz Saw...he needs more to differentiate himself from the first release.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    They need to just reissue Hordak. He's the next big name to re-issue imo. I missed out on him the first time and I'm sure it would sell out fast enough again.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Do you think:
    I pretty much agree with everyone else so far.

1. No vacuumed metal paint application.
    2. He should come with all the attachments.
    3. No, he shouldn't have his "action" feature. I've never been a fan of them, honestly.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    1. No to the shiny (vac metal) paint app on his chest.
    2. He should come with his 3 attachments
    3. He should not have his action feature.

As for a re-release I would love that but I hope they make the armor is not as soft as the original. It should be more sturdy like King Randor and He-Ro. Other than that he really is perfect as is and he remains a favorite of mine (obviously).

When it come to magic verses tech I would say that I orefer magic. But if they want to include the tech I am fine with that if it is considered "magic-tech". Kind of like the techno virus mentioned on He-Ro's cardback. Biotech is an excellent possibility and would mix his MYP magic with the Filmation technology.

Maybe Hordak has the techno virus but he uses magic to control it? Just throwing some random ideas out there.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

1. armor should be shiny gold
    2. he should have all of his accessory attatchments
    3. he should have his action feature

I'd also like to see a new cowl without the cape for Hurricane Hordak since the old one didn't have a cape. And if they get around to Buzz-Saw Hordak, I hope they make a new waistpiece for him with the different belt and short loincloth.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Honestly, I think Hurricane Hordak is the perfect figure to add some extras in the form of some Filmation tributes to his transforming arms. The removable arm torso is perfect for this! Otherwise, I agree with everything said above; give him all his stuff, but throw in some extras!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think Hurricane Hordak should come with Mantisaur.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I won't be crazy about a MOTUC Hurricane Hordak.

The best aspect of this figure IMO would be that, as mentioned, fans could get a cape-less cowl piece to switch out with regular Hordak for that alternate look.

Both Buzz-Saw and Hurricane Hordak variants are musts as far as I'm concerned.

For HH, gold-armor or black-armor, I'm happy either way. It would be good to have a black-armor wearing Hordak with the Hurricane Hordak blaster arm.

I would like all 3 weapon-attachments included, but do not need the rotating action feature.

All Hordaks should be wearing capes! IMHO.

Heroic Warrior
    I was thinking about this yesterday... Have him be a bonus figure the month we get our first POP villain (hopefully near year's end).

I think the gold of He-Ro works well... the vac gold would be too shiny and out of place.
    Not sure what all the attachments were, but definitely want the gun arm.
    No action feature required.

And I second no cape. I almost see it as an evolution... caped original Hordak was dominated by magic... it's the "old time Hordak" from King Grayskul's time. Hurricane Hordak is the "modern Hordak" who has embraced technology more as it becomes more prevalent; he is the Horde leader against Adora's rebel forces and She-Ra. The modern "techy" Hordak would not wear a cape, because that harkens back to his days of mytsicism.

First off, I've never liked the Filmation Hordak, but this variant was always one I liked. I never really kept any connection between his attachment arm and all the tricks Filmation Hordak could do with his arm. Just wasn't my thing.

I like the idea of the gold armor being done like that of He-Ro.

Surely all of the attachments should be included.

I'm a "no" for the action feature. I'd rather the attachment arm have a cool sculpt and articulation.

I also wouldn't want a cape on this figure, just because I would want it to mirror the original.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hurricane Hordak...I'm not crazy about the morphing powers from the 80's. I prefer Hordak being a magic user.

This exposes a problem when it comes to the 80's variants--those figures were defined by their action features. In a line with no action features, the appeal of those variants really suffer. At least Hurricane has the golden armor...Buzzsaw Hordak is even worse. He'd look like normal MOTUC Hordak, only his chest opens up.

I'll most likely get them for the collection, especially if I have a change of heart one day.
    I think just like you
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Hurricane Hordak: (NOAA, get it done... I want to see Hordak in one of your lists. Now that would be one Hurricane to fear...)
    1:ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!! Remember kids, Winners don't do drugs or vac metal on toys.
    2: YES!
    3: Yes and "it should work just as you remember"*

-He should be done with the Trap Jaw Upper Torso, everything else the same as Hordak. (New Head cowl thingie without the cape, maybe shorter Loincloth.)
    -He should have 2 right Arms: Normal Hordak Arm and Weaponized Arm
    -Weaponized Right arm gets the 3 attachments. The attachments should spin freely on the arm.

*Note that it says "IT Should Work Just As You Remember". No dials on the back to rotate. BUT the weapons should be able to rotate freely on the Weaponized Arm.
    Last edited by DO4M; January 22, 2010 at 11:42am.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Do you think:

Discuss
    1) Hell YES!
    2) Of course! You can probably still rotate the attachments like you can Tri-Klops' visor. I imagine much like a possible MOTUC Sy-Klone, though you won't be able to turn a dial to make the part spin, you'll still be able to rotate 360 degrees in the socket.
    3) The action feature won't be there, sooo...

PS- I am more interested in a bio for this figure than the actual figure itself, as I am curious what Mattel's take will be on Hordak's powers once he's back on Eternia in "modern day".

This is a figure I'm very much looking forward to!!

1. Yes But I doubt he will since Hero didn't. What with the hate for the vac metal? lol
    2. YES (well...obviously) But the weapons could still spin without a dial. That's good enough.
    3. Not needed.
    Last edited by davidlogan; September 25, 2010 at 07:35pm.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

If Hurricane & Buzz-Saw Hordak don't have their action features then in my opinion there's absolutely no point in making them.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    If Hurricane & Buzz-Saw Hordak don't have their action features then in my opinion there's absolutely no point in making them.
    At least Hurricane Hordak looks different than Normal Hordak and he has the whole Trap Jaw/Roboto arm attachment thing going on.

There seems to be no point for Buzzsaw Hordak.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I liked the cannon arm on Hurricane Hordak. Anyways, to answer the question:

1. Yes, I'd like Vac Metal on this Hordak - it'll show that he's a tech type as opposed to the other magic users.
    2. I would say all 3, as well as a grappling hook or something from the cartoon
    3. I won't mind if it works, but bearing in mind the focus of this line, I doubt it would happen and I'd be happy as well if the feature doesn't work, although I don't mind it either way (whether it spins or not)

As for Buzzsaw Hordak, I'll wait for someone else to start that thread I know there's demand for a filmation blue Hordak as well.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    1. Yes, I'd like Vac Metal on this Hordak - it'll show that he's a tech type as opposed to the other magic users.
    Actually, when you put it that way, combined with my same reasoning for no cape, this makes sense, and I might go for it. The biggest problem I see with it is how the ab piece underneath would look, since I don't know if they could apply the vac-metal to it... But if the abs were just a metallic color without the vac-metal, it could still work... different parts of machines are shinier than others...