Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will MOTUC Adora Be The Alter-Ego To Your She-Ra?

Will MOTUC Adora Be The Alter-Ego To Your She-Ra?

That might sound like an odd question, but it's being put out there with the assumption that we're getting a toy-based She-Ra.

So if we end up getting that version of She-Ra, will you pretend she's also Adora like the classic 80s figure or will Filmation-style Adora be the true Adora in your mind?

When it comes to this line...

MOTUC Adora = Alter Ego for MOTUC She-Ra.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

The current Adora figure will be her secret identity.

Yes for me she will be She-ras alter ego.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    An excellent question from Tallstar and great reminder from He-Ryno. This Adora while being Filmation accurate - or as close to it as possible- Is not going to transform into Filmation She-ra, rather she is going to transform into MOTUC She-ra -whatever she ends up looking like.

It's kinda exciting, She-ra is getting a new/old look!
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; January 22, 2010 at 07:01pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    In my universe Adora is Beast Mans alter-ego...just being silly of course.

No in my mind MOTUC Adora will be the alter-ego to MOTUC She-Ra. I am holding out hope that She-Ra looks more like the cartoon than the original toy did. If they can model her after the 200X toy version I will be a happy camper. Either way I cannot wait to see what they come up with for She-Ra!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Filmation-style Adora is the true Adora.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post

Exactly

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm doing what in my mind now?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hate the secret identity thing. It does have it's rare moments, but mostly, I don't like it.

In my MOTU, Adora is just the Princess of Eternia. She was never captured by the Horde as an infant. Adora is basically a serious Adam. A humanitarian with a warm heart. And, like all members of the Royal Family, can defend herself if need be.

Everything happens on Eternia. Frosta, Angella, Castaspella...those guys rule Eternian kingdoms.

She-Ra is a noble paladin of mysterious origin who arrived to battle evil.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hate the secret identity thing. It does have it's rare moments, but mostly, I don't like it.

In my MOTU, Adora is just the Princess of Eternia. She was never captured by the Horde as an infant. Adora is basically a serious Adam. A humanitarian with a warm heart. And, like all members of the Royal Family, can defend herself if need be.

Everything happens on Eternia. Frosta, Angella, Castaspella...those guys rule Eternian kingdoms.

O.M.G. I'm so never inviting you over for a playdate!

(I will admit, I prefer my He-Man with no Adam, but love an Adora with my She-ra, how else would we get all the pretty transformation fireworks?)
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post

VERY well put, I completely agree
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

In my personal MOTU canon, Adora is the alter ago of She-Ra, and Adora's younger brother is Adam. However, Adam's alter ego is not He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

While I don't think I quite grasp the question being asked here, I will say that for the most part, I agree with MegaGearMax's notion here, with the exception that Adora and She-Ra are one and the same person, same as He-Man and Adam.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Exactly
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    That might sound like an odd question, but it's being put out there with the assumption that we're getting a toy-based She-Ra.

So if we end up getting that version of She-Ra, will you pretend she's also Adora like the classic 80s figure or will Filmation-style Adora be the true Adora in your mind?

Like you, I am secretly hoping for a toy-based She-Ra... but I don't know, I think this Adora figure will be the alter-ego. It's finally a combo of the Filmation and toy-based Adora/She-Ra.

BUT, I wonder if her cape will be removeable in such a way that it doesn't detract from the rest of her armor... same for her mask... I wonder if it will be reverseable (to turn it into a mask).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope we get BOTH versions of She-Ra. I still believe 100% Adora was able to be made because of the Style Guide...where they got her picture for her bio. So, Style Guide She-Ra is identical to Filmation She-Ra...just with a gold sword.

Anyways, yes. Adora = She-Ra...forever. Maybe 80's toy She-Ra can be her "Battle Armor"?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

That's a good idea. The battle armor can be the toy-style icon on her chest, with the mask being a helmet type thing... more armor-like - similar to the old Golden Girl style.

I just can't wait. I wonder when she's going to be released. I am guessing Christmas. OR, maybe before the con, to help build some serious momentum.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's a good idea. The battle armor can be the toy-style icon on her chest, with the mask being a helmet type thing... more armor-like - similar to the old Golden Girl style.

I just can't wait. I wonder when she's going to be released. I am guessing Christmas. OR, maybe before the con, to help build some serious momentum.
    We might see a con She-Ra, you never know. I know ToyGuru keeps telling us we look too deeply into things, but here's a post from today:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The statue this year will not be She-Ra. We know it is her 25th, but couldn't swing a statue.
    The last part sounds like they tried to get a She-Ra statue, but didn't have the budget (it would be very expensive for an all-new statue). All other statues promoted the figure at that con...Grayskull, Faker, etc. So..why would they want a She-Ra statue? I'm probably reading too deeply into it. But what if I'm right!?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Adora as She-Ra's alter ego???? Where do you come up with such radical ideas?!?

I'm hoping that She-Ra will be released in June. However, since Optikk is coming in May, I doubt they'll release a POP the month right after a NA release. I'd hate to have to wait the entire year for She-Ra. They should release her in July or August, that way fans who don't like POP characters can still but the SDCC exclusive, which will likely be based on either vintage MOTU or POG.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I never liked the fact that She-Ra doubled as Adora in the old line.

Filmation Adora is and always will be my version of Adora. She-Ra is just that character enhanced with the power of Grayskull. Whether they base her too on the Filmation art, or the toy, it makes no difference to me.

Filmation Adora has and will always be the true Adora. With that said I really hope we get a Filmation-style She-Ra, only because the 200X version was very close to it already. Just please no rooted hair as the only head.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    While I don't think I quite grasp the question being asked here, I will say that for the most part, I agree with MegaGearMax's notion here, with the exception that Adora and She-Ra are one and the same person, same as He-Man and Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Adora as She-Ra's alter ego???? Where do you come up with such radical ideas?!?
    Like Scare Glow stated, the She-Ra figure doubled as Adora.

I always thought it was kinda lame that She-Ra was Adora with her mask flipped upside-down...Like no one knew would be able to tell
    Russian roulette is not the same without a gun..and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!