Thread: How does MOTUC Battle Armor He-man compare to his other versions?

Hybrid View

How does MOTUC Battle Armor He-man compare to his other versions?

Well it's that time again. Whether it be childhood memories, you like the sculpt of the MOTUC, or maybe you stamped everything you could with your stamper. Who is your favorite? Mine personally is the vintage one. I used to have so much fun as a child having Skeletor twist punch He-man and make his Battle Armor flip to it's damage patterns!

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

The vintage original followed by the classics and then the 200X on the right there.

I had the vintage when I was young and I love the action feature.

I love the sculpt of the classics.

and the 200X version on the right (not all that crazy crap on it) is pretty cool. I do not have not owned any of the 200X line.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

classics
    original
    staction

this was tricky because the action feature was and is cooler than switching the pieces out, so i based on sculpt and articulation.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Vintage is the best one for me. There is no way a toy nowadays, no matter how cool it is or how superior it is to the original, can ever recreate the emotions I felt when I got a much wanted toy as a child. Sure, I might appreciate the aesthetics of the MOTUC BA He-Man more but it cannot compete with the elation I felt at getting the vintage version from Montgomery Ward's, ripping open the blister card and fiddling with his action feature. I always put it on the 2-gash plate because Skeletor is just that damn good with his half of the Power Sword.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Vintage is the best one for me. There is no way a toy nowadays, no matter how cool it is or how superior it is to the original, can ever recreate the emotions I felt when I got a much wanted toy as a child. Sure, I might appreciate the aesthetics of the MOTUC BA He-Man more but it cannot compete with the elation I felt at getting the vintage version from Montgomery Ward's, ripping open the blister card and fiddling with his action feature. I always put it on the 2-gash plate because Skeletor is just that damn good with his half of the Power Sword.
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do! That is the only thing I wish the MOTUC figure could do is have the swivel damage. That would have made it the perfect Battle Armor version. But I know at this time they are not doing "action" features. Hopefully if the line continues to be a success, maybe future figures will incorporate action features.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Despite the name change, shouldn't you really have Battle Sounds HeMan there representing the 2002 toyline. While that clunky Mecha-suit looking thing may have been *called* Battle Armor, the true evolutionary correlate to the vintage BA is Battle Sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Despite the name change, shouldn't you really have Battle Sounds HeMan there representing the 2002 toyline. While that clunky Mecha-suit looking thing may have been *called* Battle Armor, the true evolutionary correlate to the vintage BA is Battle Sounds.
    Good point! But if you know these threads that I have been doing, I put who they are by their exact name or a bootleg that is copying them. Even if it includes that horrible looking one on the left.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do!
    No problem, j-man. I like the new toys (MOTUC, Transformers Masterpieces, Star Wars, G.I. Joe) but the vintage versions will always be the "best" to me. I can't imagine sleeping with my TF Masterpiece Megatron like I did with my vintage Megatron when I got him one fantastical Christmas day long ago.

And any fan of The History of The World: Part I is a friend of mine.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No problem, j-man. I like the new toys (MOTUC, Transformers Masterpieces, Star Wars, G.I. Joe) but the vintage versions will always be the "best" to me. I can't imagine sleeping with my TF Masterpiece Megatron like I did with my vintage Megatron when I got him one fantastical Christmas day long ago.

And any fan of The History of The World: Part I is a friend of mine.
    Groovus!

While I only own the vintage figure and the 200X Battle Armor action figure, I think my favorite is actually the Battle Armor statue. I really, really, really want one of those.