Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Battle Armor He-man compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC Battle Armor He-man compare to his other versions?

Well it's that time again. Whether it be childhood memories, you like the sculpt of the MOTUC, or maybe you stamped everything you could with your stamper. Who is your favorite? Mine personally is the vintage one. I used to have so much fun as a child having Skeletor twist punch He-man and make his Battle Armor flip to it's damage patterns!

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

The vintage original followed by the classics and then the 200X on the right there.

I had the vintage when I was young and I love the action feature.

I love the sculpt of the classics.

and the 200X version on the right (not all that crazy crap on it) is pretty cool. I do not have not owned any of the 200X line.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

classics
    original
    staction

this was tricky because the action feature was and is cooler than switching the pieces out, so i based on sculpt and articulation.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

While I only own the vintage figure and the 200X Battle Armor action figure, I think my favorite is actually the Battle Armor statue. I really, really, really want one of those.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Vintage is the best one for me. There is no way a toy nowadays, no matter how cool it is or how superior it is to the original, can ever recreate the emotions I felt when I got a much wanted toy as a child. Sure, I might appreciate the aesthetics of the MOTUC BA He-Man more but it cannot compete with the elation I felt at getting the vintage version from Montgomery Ward's, ripping open the blister card and fiddling with his action feature. I always put it on the 2-gash plate because Skeletor is just that damn good with his half of the Power Sword.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Vintage is the best one for me. There is no way a toy nowadays, no matter how cool it is or how superior it is to the original, can ever recreate the emotions I felt when I got a much wanted toy as a child. Sure, I might appreciate the aesthetics of the MOTUC BA He-Man more but it cannot compete with the elation I felt at getting the vintage version from Montgomery Ward's, ripping open the blister card and fiddling with his action feature. I always put it on the 2-gash plate because Skeletor is just that damn good with his half of the Power Sword.
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do! That is the only thing I wish the MOTUC figure could do is have the swivel damage. That would have made it the perfect Battle Armor version. But I know at this time they are not doing "action" features. Hopefully if the line continues to be a success, maybe future figures will incorporate action features.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Despite the name change, shouldn't you really have Battle Sounds HeMan there representing the 2002 toyline. While that clunky Mecha-suit looking thing may have been *called* Battle Armor, the true evolutionary correlate to the vintage BA is Battle Sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Despite the name change, shouldn't you really have Battle Sounds HeMan there representing the 2002 toyline. While that clunky Mecha-suit looking thing may have been *called* Battle Armor, the true evolutionary correlate to the vintage BA is Battle Sounds.
    Good point! But if you know these threads that I have been doing, I put who they are by their exact name or a bootleg that is copying them. Even if it includes that horrible looking one on the left.

I really really like the Motuc one now. After seeing the first pictures I thought he looked like a turtle (neckpart), but it's actually a awesome figure. I always loved the vintage one. It was my first He-Man, I always wanted to get the original one as a kid, but that one wasn't available most of the times. So BA He-Man has been the He-Man for me for quite a while.
    My vote
    Motuc followed by vintage, I don't like the other designs. The staction has an awesome armor though, the best looking armor!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    My feelings are that, because it is ACTUAL armor that you can remove, the sculpt of he-man is correct. this armor adds some nice added thickness to him, and it looks great. obviously this would have been hard to do with the original. but even with the staction, if you were to "take" it off, and if there was anything to it (the armor) the body would have been disproportionate (i think)

i just got BA in the mail, and i am very impressed, and actually prefer the armor removeable (cause of the fact that it adds depth) and bulk to the figure.

I am glad i got 2 of them.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do!
    No problem, j-man. I like the new toys (MOTUC, Transformers Masterpieces, Star Wars, G.I. Joe) but the vintage versions will always be the "best" to me. I can't imagine sleeping with my TF Masterpiece Megatron like I did with my vintage Megatron when I got him one fantastical Christmas day long ago.

And any fan of The History of The World: Part I is a friend of mine.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No problem, j-man. I like the new toys (MOTUC, Transformers Masterpieces, Star Wars, G.I. Joe) but the vintage versions will always be the "best" to me. I can't imagine sleeping with my TF Masterpiece Megatron like I did with my vintage Megatron when I got him one fantastical Christmas day long ago.

And any fan of The History of The World: Part I is a friend of mine.
    Groovus!

OBVIOUSLY the original one. He was one of my favourite MOTU figures and the idea behind it (He-Man wearing a magical Armour that repairs at a touch) was really innovative and cool. Comparing the MOTUC version to it is like comparing a toy mobile phone for toddlers to a real cell phone. I would love to see a REAL Battle Armour He-Man in MOTUC that is based on the original idea for the toy with the updated sculpt, but until then I prefer a simpler sculpt and a quality looking toy.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Staction
    Classics
    Original
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The Staction is my favorite!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    First I want to say that I absolutely HATE the original. I used to have BA Skeletor, and it annoyed me to hell. He did not look like he did on the cartoon, plus his undamaged symbol would never stay in place. If you looked at him wrong, it would change. If the shelf would shake, it would change. It was rediculous. With that said, I love the 2002 look the best, but that is because I think all of the designs were superior in that show, and having He-Man's hair sculpted as if it were blowing is just even more badass. On the other hand, I love the Classic's version a lot, so that would be my second choice, and in the classics line, I hate to say it, but that is my top He-Man choice for He-Man. Of course, I came up with a perfect storyline to go with the armor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Staction
    Classics
    Original
    ARGH! Get outta my brain!

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    My feelings are that, because it is ACTUAL armor that you can remove, the sculpt of he-man is correct. this armor adds some nice added thickness to him, and it looks great. obviously this would have been hard to do with the original. but even with the staction, if you were to "take" it off, and if there was anything to it (the armor) the body would have been disproportionate (i think)

i just got BA in the mail, and i am very impressed, and actually prefer the armor removeable (cause of the fact that it adds depth) and bulk to the figure.

I am glad i got 2 of them.
    Gotta agree with you there! I mean, I love the look of the 200X statue, but that has to be some thin armor to hug him that way! Of course, being magical armor you could always throw it to the ways of mystical stuff; bendable, rehealing, light-but-super-protective and all that. Regardless, I still like the look of the MotUC one for just the fact that you stated: It looks like he's got armor on!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    First I want to say that I absolutely HATE the original. I used to have BA Skeletor, and it annoyed me to hell. He did not look like he did on the cartoon, plus his undamaged symbol would never stay in place. If you looked at him wrong, it would change. If the shelf would shake, it would change. It was rediculous.
    I agree here. I too, could never get my BA figures armor wheel to stay in place.... their armor always went straight to the double dents.... I didn't hate them, but it did annoy the hell out of me that their action feature never worked right...same with Webstor's...

i'm so glad they are doing the action features differently this time. At long last i can have a BA He-man & Skeletor whose symbols will only change when i so choose to change them.

for me it's the classics all the way...

the vintage line had terrible sculpts by today's standards, rubber bands holding on their legs, springs that always broke (on mine), rubber heads, arms that could be snapped off, levers sticking out of their backs, etc.

I'm not even going to get into the stactions....those are unposeable, useless to me... the equivalent of the G1 TF action masters. Meaning the worst figures in the franchise, imo. something to look at, but then again I can look at pictures too & get the same satisfaction.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

The original is the best. Nothing beats the action feature. Removable plates kill the gimmick.

Should technically have Battle Sound He-Man in there too as his design was largely based on BA He-Man.
    Last edited by Uncle Montork; January 25, 2010 at 07:20pm.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

200X Staction for me!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Gotta agree with you there! I mean, I love the look of the 200X statue, but that has to be some thin armor to hug him that way! Of course, being magical armor you could always throw it to the ways of mystical stuff; bendable, rehealing, light-but-super-protective and all that. Regardless, I still like the look of the MotUC one for just the fact that you stated: It looks like he's got armor on!
    right. but i like how you stated earlier, or in another thread, that you thought of it as "self healing" I never thought of that, and really like the thought behind it.

but yeah, the whole, wearing armor thing, brings him down to eternia alittle bit, cause yeah, he is he-man, but i like him NEEDING this armor for certain situations...

Heroic Warrior
    was there a reason why 4H didn't do the flick action on the MOTUC version? i must've missed the answer to this one.

EDIT: found the answer by Toyguru:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...5&postcount=10
    Last edited by WhiteKnuckles; January 25, 2010 at 05:42pm.

I love these threads, Joseephus!

I like:

Vintage (great toy, all around! Very nostalgic for me.)
    Classics
    Staction (never owned it but...)
    200X (I didn't much care for this one, although I liked the episode he appeared in quite a bit. How about a Classics Sortek?)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!