Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adora, female figures, POP ... I'm converted!

Adora, female figures, POP ... I'm converted!

I have got to say that the Adora figure is really, really really cool. It is awesome, beautiful, original, etc. I never thought I would say that.

I want to apologize to POP fans if my former negative views on POP and its inclusion in MotUC ever offended you. I have totally changed my mind. If future POP figures look anything like Adora, I want them. From this point on, bring em' on!

I'm actually really excited for She-Ra now. She is going to be killer. Hats off to the 4H for creating a perfect Adora. She's rad!

Any other converts out there ... ?

This is cool
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Great to hear! Seeing pics of Adora from SDCC is what got me to buy a subscription for 2010 - there was no way I wanted to miss her! I can't wait to see what She-Ra and the other PoP girls look like... I'm hoping they're all just as amazing.

Glad t hear that! Thank you for giving her a chance.

AWESOME!!!

This is what I hoped would happen. I hoped that when people started buying the 4H's versions of these characters, that many would be converted. They really are cool characters.

I'm also excited to see how the old POP toys will be reconceived and processed as MOTU type figures
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    AWESOME!!!

This is what I hoped would happen. I hoped that when people started buying the 4H's versions of these characters, that many would be converted. They really are cool characters.

I'm also excited to see how the old POP toys will be reconceived and processed as MOTU type figures
    I myself is looking forward to that. Nightwing's artwork in the Fan Arts Forum makes me more excited to see them soon!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I'll need to check out Nightwing's work!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

actually i wasnt interested in getting her and i didnt, but its a beautiful figure indeed and im glad it received so much demand. Definitely shera is next on my list!

Good times! Glad that happened and glad you were a big enough man to share it with us!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I hope this spills over to a lot of the PoP nay-sayers.

I can't wait to see other PoP characters. I hope they get mixed pretty well into the lineup.

I actually hope I like Optikk, too, not being a NA fan.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

FANTASTIC, G-Man!

What a nice thing to say! I think both POP & MOTU can live together under the MOTUC roof! MOTUC is all about that: UNION!

I'm really glad we are together on this!

Thank's a lot!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; January 23, 2010 at 12:16am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I do have a strong feeling people who do not like PoP or NA are going to be very pleasantly surprised when they get their hands on these figures. I'm sure it will change at least a dozen minds.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

G-Man, I want to thank you for having the humility and graciousness to express this on the board. You're good people.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Well said Kevenn!! That's awesome that voiced how cool she is instead of slinking away. Right on!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    As a kid I never was on POP or NA (indeed I hated NA), but in the last years I have seen there are great characters and designs. In MOTUC all is unified and have a new sense.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I was also hesitant about Adora, but I'm very happy with her now that she's with the rest of my collection. I'm still unsure about some of the other POP characters, but am excited to see what the 4H do with them! I wouldn't say I'm converted yet, but I'm certainly pleased with Adora!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I just got mine yesterday and I didnt get the "excitement" I usually get from recieving my new MOTUC so it sat on my porch overnight. I opened it this morning pulled one of them out and removed it from the package and....I LOVE this figure!!!! I was never into POPwhen I was younger but now I cant wait until She Ra is released. For the honor of Greyskull
    Great Transactions-Heidi, Man E Toys, Skelehorde(x2), Dr Kain, MOTU Maniac, Mighty Pundragon, Greyskulls Fakor(x4), Soundwavempl, Megalodon, Rossimario,Gobo85, bigassbuzz, busta006, Toygiant, Anti hero, customcrazy, mick4metal, starshine

Ryan Davis
    TX/SL/BH 9164
    NEG 501st

Well said G-Man, it's fantastic to see that you have seen the light on some of the POP characters and your were able to come here and share your experience of buying and now owning Adora, because there are many others out there who have done the same thing and who's attitudes are probably starting to change. Well done for standing up and being counted by saying you will give POP a chance!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Really awesome to hear that!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    That's great G-Man! Welcome to the Great Rebellion!

Adora actually has the most plain outfit of all the POP characters and if she already looks so good, just imagine how She-Ra and the other POP figures will look. Frosta, Catra, Netossa... I can't wait!

I grew up with MOTU and POP and never liked NA. What your experiencing with POP is happening to me with NA. I really LOVE Optikk, he's got me watching the NA cartoon for the first time and I'm very curious and excited for the other upcoming figures. I think that is what I like most about this line, how so many different fans discover new parts of the big MOTU universe through the MOTUC line.

It's really cool to read about these collectors who are changing their minds about Adora, and POP in general.

I think alot of the anti-POP sentiment is the definite gender line divide the two storylines had in the 80's, although many of my fellow guy friends watched POP with me back then.

Adora is the plainest dressed female character in POP. There are some real vixens in the line, and I think some of these boys are going to start feeling differently when the 4H do some further revealing!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I am of the same camp. Didn't care much for PoP or NA, but I am sooooooo excited to see them both in MOTUC. Strangely, I might even be more excited to see them over the vintage MOTU figures. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantor View Post
    I am of the same camp. Didn't care much for PoP or NA, but I am sooooooo excited to see them both in MOTUC. Strangely, I might even be more excited to see them over the vintage MOTU figures. weird.
    Me, too. It's a big focus for me and that used to not be where my head was with the line.

I really love the human characters. The women's inclusion brings an exciting, dramatic element to the collection. With them, it's not just a bunch of muscleheads, who versus who. Storylines open up more, for me at least!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

IMO I think this line needs POP to add more women into MOTU, we are almost done as Sorceress is really the only one left. Frosta and Angella are probably my most wanted and will really do wonders for the female buck. Frosta hopefully will have a frayed skirt like her cape. Angella's wing alone are worth the price of admission, granted we've already seen them with DCUC's Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

The power of The 4H is amazing... I hope that we get more stories like this.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.