Thread: PoP Fans: Help me Out!

PoP Fans: Help me Out!

Alright, I find myself with a toy of Adora! I'm working her into my own personal MotUC story but, though I have multiple stories to pull from for He-Man, I find that the only thing I have to work with is the PoP toon! Sadly, I've never seen it and only have basic ideas of what it's about based on comments in other threads from the fans. I looked on the wiki, but it doesn't cover the little stuff, and the .org info covers a lot of the behind the scenes stuff (and I'm not sure I wana read through all the episodes!) So, if you don't mind, would you fans answer some questions for me?

1.) Is Adora the same as Adam? The wiki said that she shared the "only three people know she's She-Ra" thing, but does she also act cowardly and lazy so that she can run off and turn into She-Ra? The figure is so strong looking that I have a hard time thinking of her as just the girl that turns into She-Ra.

2.) What's going on with the Rebellion? Are they totally oppressed by Hordak and the Horde, or have they beaten him back into the Fright Zone and he leaves periodicaly to conduct his evil plans?

3.) I know Skeletor and He-Man show up every so often. Is the way to Etheria completely open, or do they have to do some special thing to get over there?

I think that's about it! Just some simple stuff that I couldn't find easily, so far.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    1. No. Adora takes command and leads rebel attacks as herself. Sometimes completing missions without transforming. More often then not the situation gets too intense and she has to change but she simply slips away in the confusion of battle without anyone noticing. It's usually only later someone asks "where's Adora" to which She-Ra simply answers "She's safe" and no one questions it further. (leading some fans to speculate there's some kind of magic surrounding Grayskull's power that keeps them from thinking about it too much)

also it's not accurate that only three know Adora's secret. Everyone who knows Adam's secret knows Adora's and then more. There's: Adam/He-Man, Cringer/Battle Cat, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Orko,Spirit/Swift Wind, Light Hope, Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, Loo-Kee, and presumably Zodac. In one episode Granamyr reads She-Ra's mind so he may know but it's not addressed.

2. The Horde rules most of Etheria the Rebellion has slowly been freeing more and more territory. The kingdom of Bright Moon, ruled by Angella, is a completely free area and there are others but the Horde still is in control of most of the planet.

3. They need a dimensional portal to travel back and forth. He-Man and company just get the Sorceress to make one for them. The bad guys are somewhat inconsistent. In one episode Skeletor needs Modulok's invention to get to Etheria and had to use He-Man's portal to get home but other times he seems perfectly capable of making a portal himself.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Just to add to question 2, some other parts of Etheria are free from Horde rule such Mysticor (homeland of Castaspella) Frosta's Ice Kingdom etc...
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Thanks! That helps a lot!

1.) Good to know! I thought Adora looked really cool, so it's good to know she wasn't just the same deal as Adam. She really does look like a rebellion leader, while She-Ra seems more like the superhero who comes in when they're in a jam. What does Adora usually use, in the way of weapons, though? She doesn't just carry around the sword, does she? I guess it doesn't matter, since Adam seemed to do that in the toon as well. I just like the idea of Adora using that sword too, but she couldn't really wave it around without people wondering why she has She-Ra's sword.

2.) Also very cool! I like the Rebellion type of stories, and Hordak (in my mind, at least) always seemed like a pretty evil guy. I just checked him out on youtube, though, and I never knew they added a snort to his laugh! It's hilarious! I think I'll stick with my own views of him that I made up back in the day.

3.) So bascially it's not supposed to be easy; cool. That sounds like it has some leeway to it, so I'll just mash up some of the existing ideas.

Thanks again! Maybe this thread can help some others as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    What does Adora usually use, in the way of weapons, though? She doesn't just carry around the sword, does she? I guess it doesn't matter, since Adam seemed to do that in the toon as well. I just like the idea of Adora using that sword too, but she couldn't really wave it around without people wondering why she has She-Ra's sword.
    Interesting question, Adora does sometimes use the sword as Adora and not She-Ra and as far as I know no-one has questioned why she has She-Ra's sword, but other than that she doesn't carry anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Interesting question, Adora does sometimes use the sword as Adora and not She-Ra and as far as I know no-one has questioned why she has She-Ra's sword, but other than that she doesn't carry anything else
    Yeah, kinda figured they would do that. Well, if they DO manage to give She-Ra more than one style of sword, I could just use the one that looks the least like the Power Sword for Adora's sword. I mean, the sword transforms into stuff, right? Should be simple enough to just transform into another sword for when she's Adora!
    Last edited by Alexx; June 20, 2010 at 08:07pm.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Yeah, kinda figured they would do that. Well, if they DO manage to give She-Ra more than one style of sword, I could just use the one that looks the least like the Power Sword for Adora's sword. I mean, the sword transforms into stuff, right? Should he simple enough to just transform into another sword for when she's Adora!
    Yes, it can turn into things and it's called the Sword of Protection, not the Power Sword :-)

Right! Sword of Protection; sorry. Anyway, since it changes, it should make sense for Adora to be carrying the Sword in another form, i'd say. Yet another good reason for them to make the classic sword that came with the original toy, I might add.